Halo 4 Has Rapid Decline In Players

FatalDeathSG45

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/03/a-waning-game-rapid-decline-in-playtime-for-halo-4-steeper-than-halo-reach.aspx

I can't really say I'm surprised with this. I enjoyed Halo Reach's multiplayer better than Halo 4. Unlocking armor didn't require ridiculous goals (Winning 500+ matches for the Gungnir helmet? Reach's helmet was easier to earn than that!), weapons weren't unbalanced like in Halo 4, and it didn't have Spartan Ops (which, according to the article, was part of Halo 4's declining player base).

Halo 4's still a good game, don't get me wrong. I just didn't enjoy it as much as Reach. And it looks like I'm not alone on this.

I can't say I'm surprised. There are so many good things about halo 4, but also so many things were taken out that players loved.

Invasion

Hornet/Falcon

Grenade Launcher/Plasma Launcher

Bubble/Drop Shield

Spike nades

Plus the playlists are terrible. They even added slayer pro to btb.... i haven't played since

Played for about 2/3 hours last night. The only map I played was Vortex over and over again. Played Valhalla once. Was not fun. I thought leveling on Reach was slow but now I have a new meaning of the word. Kind of annoying when you think you've unlocked something but no, you've just unlocked the ability to see things you are able to unlock later on! I enjoy the multilayer but it's getting pretty boring now. And why can't I play as an Elite god damn it! If none of my mates played it I don't think I'd go near it tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there enough playing online to justify buying the map packs at this time and are the online achievements still obtainable or now impossible to get ?

I have only just installed this game and wondered how small the community was.

People on the internet keep on about the shocking fall in numbers.

Is there enough playing online to justify buying the map packs at this time and are the online achievements still obtainable or now impossible to get ?

I have only just installed this game and wondered how small the community was.

People on the internet keep on about the shocking fall in numbers.

I bought the season pass but I have only played the first batch of maps, mainly because the dlc maps are never in god damn rotation. The playlist are awful, but the game itself is great. I feels it better than reach

As one of those who, how should I put it... Hated Reech, I liked Halo 4(it toned down on the bas gameplay mechanics that reech put into the series and in my opinion, is a hybrid between Halo 3 and Reech), but hopefully with Halo 3 being a "game with gold", we'll see the better Halo multiplayer game get an increase in pop. :)

I tried going back to Halo 3 the other day. It was enjoyable enough except I was completely in over my head since I don't remember any of the map strategies. My biggest complaint was the speed of everything. Your character was so damn slow... If they'd given Halo 3 Sprint (or even just upped the movement speed by 50%) I feel it would be more active than it is now. (That and seriously tone down that damn BR.)

... Now that I think about it, how about an option to ram a virtual foot up someone's ass when they get too annoying. The number of fucktards ridiculing me for not being a 50 at that game and the ones harassing me for not being good at it (seeing as how I haven't played the multiplayer since 2008 save for achievements) is too damn high for there being so few people playing.

I enjoyed the game from beginning, then after few months I only played it to get all achievements (1750/1750 yipeeeeeee). I enjoyed Halo 3 extremely, pretty much one of my Top 3 GAMES, after that - Reach was pretty sweet, but Halo 4 - the perks, the unbalanced weapons.... jesus I really do think they are "inspirating" by CoD and that is why I don´t like Halo Matchmaking as I did in previous games.... Custom Games are still ruling through :D

... Now that I think about it, how about an option to ram a virtual foot up someone's ass when they get too annoying. The number of fucktards ridiculing me for not being a 50 at that game and the ones harassing me for not being good at it (seeing as how I haven't played the multiplayer since 2008 save for achievements) is too damn high for there being so few people playing.

Just wait until Halo 3 is free, then play. There will be a lot more people probably playing and (hopefully) a lot more 'newbies' to the game (level wise).

• 2 weeks later...
The competitive community has moved on. If you follow the statistics communities, you know that the 'back-out trick' is upsetting a large portion of players and contributing to longer match times. It's pathetic.

What's this back-out trick? I'm genuinely curious, and I guess my search terms blow because I couldn't find anything on it through Google.

Halo 4 when it first came out was better than Reach (an achievement which doesn't take much IMO), but it wasn't quite there in terms of a Halo game. I think this is the reason why people didn't stick to playing it.

After reading a few weeks ago about the updates to the game, specifically the BR and movement speed, I decided to give it another go. I'm enjoying the game much more now than when it came out. I think if people like me who stopped playing the game gave it another shot, they'd enjoy it now.

Halo 4 when it first came out was better than Reach (an achievement which doesn't take much IMO), but it wasn't quite there in terms of a Halo game. I think this is the reason why people didn't stick to playing it.

After reading a few weeks ago about the updates to the game, specifically the BR and movement speed, I decided to give it another go. I'm enjoying the game much more now than when it came out. I think if people like me who stopped playing the game gave it another shot, they'd enjoy it now.

I don't think it's the gameplay balancing is what drove a lot of people away. I think the majority of it is some of the different features. The big one is Ordinance replacing on-map weapons. The lack of control over weapon spawns broke a key element of what made Halo so popular. The Class Loadouts and Armor abilities of Reach/Halo 4 also alienated more veteran players on top of that. Eliminate those issues and give us more traditionally stylized Halo maps and it the series would kick back with ease.

I don't think it's the gameplay balancing is what drove a lot of people away. I think the majority of it is some of the different features. The big one is Ordinance replacing on-map weapons. The lack of control over weapon spawns broke a key element of what made Halo so popular. The Class Loadouts and Armor abilities of Reach/Halo 4 also alienated more veteran players on top of that. Eliminate those issues and give us more traditionally stylized Halo maps and it the series would kick back with ease.

This is precisely the major factor in what turned fans away/off.

They've done some great upgrades to get back to the core Halo game recently between Ghostayame's competitive settings and bringing Bravo on board. That said, the core gun play in Halo 4 is so damn good, it's a shame the variables they added in alienated so many players. I am enjoying it a lot.

Halo 4 is a little bit better than Reach but that really doesnt matter. The Armor Abilities are one of the things I hate most about Halo 4 and reach, not to mention the terrible map selection. Halo 3 is the gold standard and is by far the best multiplayer available on the 360. I played Halo 4 and Reach online for a little bit but they are both wanna be Halos IMO. Halo 3 had the best map selection, by a mile, Halo 3 had the best balance of weapons, the best set up playlists, and one of the best ranking systems. Halo 3's popluation stayed true for a long time but Reach and 4 eventually started killing it. Even tho it isnt dead, it isnt the same experience as it was during its first few years.

Sadly, Halo 5 will not redeem the series. Im sure the campaign will be fun, like the others, but multiplayer will be another Halo/COD spinoff.

I believe our only hope is a Halo 2 anniversary edition, but Im sure that multiplayer will be tied into Halo 5, God help us!!!

Edited by THC BLUNTED