Halo (5?) Xbox One E3 Trailer

MixMaker1

Not played halo or xbox in months and renewed the 14 day gold trial I got in my Halo4 LE edition yesterday out of boredom and to play eps 6-10 spartan ops (stupidly retarded you need live for solo SO or to even open up forge island in forge).

I oddly caught this video pure randomly on waypoint, it wasn't even listed as being halo just a panel in the news section for e3... moment I glimpsed the spartan glove I was wooahhh its chief, and then when the shroud blew off I nerded my pants.

Not sure wtf the mechanic giant birdlike thing is!!! new forerunner enemy or just the unsc eagle gone trippy ?

And why just the title Halo 2014 and not Halo 5... is it going to be some ODST type filler game between the new trilogy maybe.

How the hell can it be filler if the chief has cortana's empty chip?

Its 343i so I'm skeptical is all, if its 100% going to be 5 why not just say "halo 5... coming 2014". Instead of "halo...2014, your journey begins on xbox one". At this point theres no saying its even a game, it could be a promo for the Spielberg TV Series for all we know (which is meant to have some xbox one exclusive stuff).

I wonder if we'll finally see John's face in this one!

;)

They're saving that for the final of the next trilogy, so Halo 9. Which will be known to fans as the sony mythic trilogy, because Microsoft (like Sega & Atari before them) pulled out of hardware market due to poor decisions and sales of xbox one.

To be honest, BUNGiE never showed his face in their trilogy so doubt 343i will. I've always thought chief is the person playing the game, so when he takes his mjolnir mk v off his face will be yours.

I wonder if we'll finally see John's face in this one!

NO!!! 343 shouldn't have to show his face! If, and ONLY IF, they must, it needs to be at the end of Halo 6 where he has a sit down with Dr. Halsey for the first time in god knows how many years. It'd only then have an impact and significance for showing his face!

But... but... Mendicant Bias already has a confirmed appearance D:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130215034827/halo/images/5/5b/05-032_Mendicant_Bias.jpg

I would, however, keep an eye out for symbols. Both the Didact and MB had a signature symbol that were very similar in nature, so I wouldn't be shocked to see more sneaking up here in the in the near future:

Mendicant Bias:

http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/6/6d/Mendicant_Bias.svg

Didact:

http://www.halopedian.com/images/1/10/Didact.png

Cool so.... I guess 5's gearing up for a race for the prize between Chief & the crew of the Infinity against mono armed hell bent on revenge Halsey, with aid from the precursors and covvys who've triggered the flood. Prize being to acquire a device to save the human race and Earth from annihilation. By resurrecting a gravemind following profit thats controlling an ark on a desolate forgotten planet like Charum Hakkor.

All I know is Halo 5 as got some serious work to do if I'm to buy into next gen xbox. Price of next xbox, at least the LE of the game plus a continuous net and xbl connection = £600+ all to play one little ol' game.

Edited by theNomad

• 4 weeks later...