Achievement Discussion

BiggD

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should repost them in the OP.

As usual, the achievements are all pretty easy, then you get something ridiculous like assassinating an enemy using a hardlight shield. No one uses that awful ability to begin with, and even if they did, you'd need to get lucky enough to be close enough to assassinate them.

Everything else seems doable legit.

What is Yours is Also Mine - 40 points

In Castle DLC Matchmaking, disable a vehicle and then hijack it.

Easiest Achievement in the world. Plasma Pistol a guy in a ghost trying to ram you. Most people are stupid and like to squeeze them into tight rooms anyway.

Dodge This! - 20 points

In Castle DLC Matchmaking, get two direct Spartan Laser kills in one match.

Didn't even know there was a Spartan Laser in Halo 4. This will be annoying because I hate the damn thing. At least it's not a double kill with a splazer shot. I'm a terrible shot with this, but onBTB this shouldn't be too difficult.

Hello Nurse! - 30 points

In Castle DLC Matchmaking, heal a near-death teammate with Regen Field 5 times.

I imagine this one will be simple. I've never used it before, but I would think an objective gametype like Extraction would be perfect. If you're lucky on one-point extraction, your whole team will be at the extraction point.

That Won't Save You - 30 points

In Castle DLC Matchmaking, assassinate an enemy who is using a Hardlight Shield.

Impossible. I've never even seen anybody who uses that thing. Definitely an achievement for boosting.

Ashes to Ashes - 10 points

In Castle DLC Matchmaking, disintegrate 6 enemies using Forerunner weapons.

Based on the wording, I'm assuming this is accumulative between matches. Even if it isn't, still really easy. I'll use suppressor myself, but I imagine most of the Boltshot whores will just continue what they're doing already.

Beating up the Beat - 30 points

In Castle DLC Matchmaking, perform 5 melee kills in a single match.

Doesn't seem too difficult. Effective when combined with burst fire from Automatic weapons. Just a matter of ambushing people.

Sight Seeing - 20 points

In Castle DLC Matchmaking, complete a match in any mode for each Castle map

Why is this even an achievement? You don't even have to try to unlock this. Will happen overtime.

Scrapyard - 30 points

In Castle DLC Matchmaking, destroy 2 vehicles during a single game.

Plasma Pistol and Plasma Grenade loadout. Quick and simple.

Outta My Way! - 40 points

In Castle DLC Matchmaking, kill 5 enemies during a match by running them over.

This one will be annoying since everybody will be trying for the vehicle hijack and vehicle kill achievements, but smart use of the Ghost and this should go as quickly as the Halo: Anniversary equivalent. Bonus points if you use a fully-loaded warthog and get 5 "Roadtrip" medals.

Overall, I'll give this list a difficulty of 4/10. None of them are challenging, but one will rely completely on stupid luck if not boosted. Be nice if it glitches, but judging by the last map pack I'd say they've got things sorted out now.

The day it comes out I'll be online with 4 controllers. If anybody else is interested in boosting the lot, send me a friend request.

As usual, the achievements are all pretty easy, then you get something ridiculous like assassinating an enemy using a hardlight shield. No one uses that awful ability to begin with, and even if they did, you'd need to get lucky enough to be close enough to assassinate them.

Everything else seems doable legit.

Yeah, might have to boost that hardlight one.

There's a few others that could take some time as well. Like the one for getting 5 melee kills. These are big team maps, who the fuck wants to punch people when you got Mantises, Ghosts, Banshees, and Pumas? I mean, you could still run inside an enemy base and sneak behind a sniper and go for the double beatdown. Or if there's a Dominion gametype in the Castle DLC then we could go toe to toe in an confined area and get some melee kills.

The other one that could take some time is the achievement for reviving 5 teammates from the brink of death by using a regeneration field. I haven't touched Halo 4 in over two weeks, but I never noticed anyone using a regen field in BTIS EVER. I have an exclusive loadout that I use only for BTIS where the armor ability I selected is the regen field, and I try to use that a lot especially on Ragnarcock when the enemy team's Manpiss and our team's Manpiss hide behind their respective bases and shoot rockets across the map. Sometimes a lone rocket would come up and hit a pocket where a guy was camping underneath the crashed Pelican so I'd run over to him like the loveable guy I am and let lose the green field so the enemy can spot him 10X faster

I'm looking for people who'd be interested in getting these with me. I'm going to try and get them legitimately without boosting.

If anyone else is interested send me a message on Xbox: RebelConformist

Hey man, use the Achievement Trading Thread for that. Don't post that here.

They mentioned there were 10 new achievements but only listed 9.

Nah, they always said it was going to be nine.

It says 10 right on their FB page..

They mentioned there were 10 new achievements but only listed 9.

Maybe there is some sort of vidmaster-ish campaign one now with no gamer points.

Edited by esc1

It says 10 right on their FB page..

Maybe there is some sort of vidmaster-ish campaign one now with no gamer points.

343 doesn't do Vidmaster achievements as far as we know...that was a Bungie thing.

And yeah, their FB says 10 but it's obviously a typo. For the past month and a half, Waypoint and BS Angel have said the Map Pack would bring nine new achievements. Whoever manages the Halo 4 FB page made a mistake, nothing more.

Just curious, has it been confirmed that these going to be the last achievements in Halo 4?

No, just the last announced map pack.

That said, it's been confirmed there will be NO Spartan Ops: Season 2. So it could very well be the last achievements for Halo 4.

As soon as I saw the first vehicle achievement, I knew these weren't going to be pretty. I'm pretty sure that I've done all of these in matchmaking before this, but that's before they were written down. I'm going to call everyone in FFA using hardlight shields if there is a FFA playlist, otherwise, it will be almost non-existent.

Those cheevos:

Dodge This!

That Won't Save You

Outta My Way!

May take more tries.

Ashes to Ashes - fine, but I must be lucky to get the forerunner disintegrator

In overall, those chevos are really fine, Crimson being the worst, those probably being the best and easiest I think.

The only achievement that seems annoying is "That Won't Save You" because of how situational it is. I'll probably switch my load-out to Hardlight Shield just to assist other people in MP if I end up not boosting these.

One question, does using a Spartan Laser on a vehicle, say a warthog of two, count as two direct Spartan Laser kills?

I'm getting flashbacks from Halo 3 ranked matches in Lone Wolves. I was horrible back in the day.

A very satisfying chievo if done legit though.. I can still see myself getting it on Snowbound.. oh how I loathed that map since the beta even began.

I highly doubt it man. Direct shots most likely mean the blast has to directly hit and kill an enemy Spartan.

I contemplated the same question, but I'm probably gonna have to go with the same answer. I'm curious if getting a double kill with it counts though. This one I will test when we boost it. Anything to save Splazer shots.