Worst Gun in Black Ops 2?

Hit detection is completely terribad. Yes, I was using KSG. Should it matter if I'm strafing? Umm.. no? It's a shotgun. Shotguns shoot things. These things move from the point they were fired to the point they are aimed at in an instant. Same logic with snipers. Why the hell are they so inaccurate when hip firing even though the bullet would logically go where the barrel is pointing 100% of the time? Doesn't matter how accurate I am, the gun is always accurate at short to mid range.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit detection is completely terribad. Yes, I was using KSG. Should it matter if I'm strafing? Umm.. no? It's a shotgun. Shotguns shoot things. These things move from the point they were fired to the point they are aimed at in an instant. Same logic with snipers. Why the hell are they so inaccurate when hip firing even though the bullet would logically go where the barrel is pointing 100% of the time? Doesn't matter how accurate I am, the gun is always accurate at short to mid range.

Think of it this way: It would be way too overpowered if it had perfect hit detection at all times. Ridiculously overpowered.

Think of it this way: It would be way too overpowered if it had perfect hit detection at all times. Ridiculously overpowered.

Then they need to reduce its range and give it perfect hit detection. There is no excuse for shitty hit detection.

Now granted, I think some of it is indeed lag. When you're shooting a single slug, any kind of delay on the shot will make hitting a moving target all but impossible. But like I said, I have videos of me shooting dead on a stationary target and alas, no hitmarker.

Then they need to reduce its range and give it perfect hit detection. There is no excuse for shitty hit detection.

Now granted, I think some of it is indeed lag. When you're shooting a single slug, any kind of delay on the shot will make hitting a moving target all but impossible. But like I said, I have videos of me shooting dead on a stationary target and alas, no hitmarker.

I've semi-tested this in Combat Training by playing a ton of games with it and trying both strafing and standing still while using it. I hit far less often while strafing even though I'm on target, and when I'm standing still or barely moving hit detection is near perfect. Combat Training should be lag free, correct?

I've semi-tested this in Combat Training by playing a ton of games with it and trying both strafing and standing still while using it. I hit far less often while strafing even though I'm on target, and when I'm standing still or barely moving hit detection is near perfect. Combat Training should be lag free, correct?

That's just it. Why should strafing effect your hit detection? Does the slug curve with you? Like I said, make it more accurate and take away it's sniping ability. Then you'd have a great second option to the R870. But as it stands right now, the R870 is far superior.

If you think those are the worst guns in the game, you're fucking retarded. It's that simple. I'm not gonna go down the entire list but the R870 is a complete wrecking ball and I haven't seen an SMG as effortlessly hip-fire lethal since the MP40 from World at War. A thousand thumbs down to this post.

lol i was just kiddin around obviously none of those guns are "the worst gun" they're probably some of, if not the, best. i just wanted to see how many people actually read through all the comments, see my response, and take it seriously.

I can't believe none of you mentioned some of the best guns in the game in a worst weapons thread

Seriously?

yes. see above.

R870: No comment

Type 25: Great gun

An-94: Awesome gun

MSMC: Awesome gun

PDW: Badly overpowered gun.

Ballista: Great gun.

2nd sniper.. So the DSR? Easily one of the strongest guns.

MTAR: Awesome gun

It's funny that you named the 2 good snipers.

If people are finding these guns bad, you need to change your classes.. seriously.

see the first quote response.

Edited by Frozenghost001

The Chicom CQB is the last gun I need for my diamond camo for the SMG's. I started it over the weekend and you can add me to the list of people who hate it. It's not so much that it's the worst gun ever (it's certainly the worst of the SMG's in Black Ops II) but you really see how inprecise the hit-detection in this game is when using it. I don't look forward to continuing on with this gun.

Dude, wait until you have to do the No Perks, No Attachments camo. NOT FUN!

Dude, wait until you have to do the No Perks, No Attachments camo. NOT FUN!

The 150 no perks, no attachment kills don't bother me one bit with any gun. Being exposed just brings people to me that I'll kill, makes it go faster and I always finish these in a few rounds. It's the Bloodthirsty medals I don't like and I'll have to camp for a few matches to get those done, no way around it. The Chicom doesn't suit my run and gun playstyle.

lol i was just kiddin around obviously none of those guns are "the worst gun" they're probably some of, if not the, best. i just wanted to see how many people actually read through all the comments, see my response, and take it seriously.

yes. see above.

see the first quote response.

Good.... Good troll? But very unnecessary, if you read the comments, this whole thread is pretty much the same people talking to each other, so of course they have read all the comments, and considering this thread is for the games "worst" guns, and we are reading text, people are going to assume your serious because there is little way to tell otherwise.

More so on topic. I have found that with the SMG's with a silencer I cannot for the life of me get a kill in a reasonable amount of shots. I have generally used Sub machine guns with a silencer in every CoD since 4, and for some reason, in this one, I feel like I'd have a better chance killing someone with a paintball gun than a silenced SMG. I may just not be used to this game yet as I only recently got another Xbox after my 6th one recieved the RRoD, but they just feel so damn weak.

Also, every time I pick up the KSG, it works wonders for me. That is, until I run into the usual 4 people whoring up the Remington (?), who leave me looking like a peice of bloody Swiss cheese.

And hit detection also appears to suck ass at times in ths game.

I wouldn't know what guns are bad or good because I think CoD multiplayer is the most over-rated thing on Xbox....but then again I suck at it. (Camping takes no skill folks!)

With all due respect, then why post? :confused:

The internet communities have generalized COD as being a "negative aspect in gaming" (and they're right in some aspects) so much that people don't even see that it's still a decent game with many more mechanics/effort input than many other games that are truly overrated. (My best argument is The Walking Dead now; the visual novel that won Game of the Year 2012! LOL) :drunk

Edited by Hagane
sp

I wouldn't know what guns are bad or good because I think CoD multiplayer is the most over-rated thing on Xbox....but then again I suck at it. (Camping takes no skill folks!)

If that is your opinion, then I am confused as to why you even thought to comment in this thread, or why you even clicked on it at all.

And with the amount of entrances to every building, camping in objective game modes (minus Search and Destroy and hardcore modes) is decently difficult.

Anyway, is the SMR, or whatever tha Semi Auto Rifle is called, as bad with the iron sights as it is in zombies? Because if it is, that qualifies as a a shit weapon in my books. Worse Hit recognition than the KSG.

Ok I'm not trying to make an ass of myself (because that's not me) but I'm basically saying or what I was trying to say but it probably came out wrong or not even close is that what's the point of this question? I think this guy is looking for a fact because he put it in a form of a question not a statement and asking for peoples opinion. =/

• 1 month later...

I'm going with the Executioner. If I wanted a shotgun, I'd use the R870 or KSG (the latter which I got gold). It may kill in one hit if it's close enough (and the game feels like registering the hit), but the reload time will give the enemy enough time to kill you, have a cup of coffee and watch the entire Star Wars trilogy. The Executioner just doesn't work for me for a pistol. I'm better off with the TAC-45 (which I also got gold).

I'm not a big fan of the SMR, either. Having got the FAL-OSW gold I expected the SMR to be a little better. Well, it's a little stronger than the FAL, but it doesn't fire as fast, and it takes longer to reload (it is a bullpup, after all).

Its not that people don't understand what a slug is (although I'm sure there are people that don't), its just the guns hit detection is so shitty.

When I got that gun diamond I remember posting videos onto my file share showing me hitting a guy point blank. He wasn't moving. I wasn't moving. The reticle was right in the middle of his body. There was no lag. And not even a hitmarker. It was truly legendary.

For me its the ASSAULT RIFLE class

Ever since COD 4 ive always used AR's. My old faves the m16, g36, m4, acr, fal, tar21, ak47 etc etc. i loved them all and achieved most challenges for them

However, in BO 2, I think they are absolutely rank. I tried the mtar for the whole first prestige and just did not enjoy it. The Scar and fal are awful compared to mw2, the m27 takes an age to actually start firing and the rest dont impress me either. The only possible exception is the AN94 but again its too damn slow to actually get going

Its little wonder ive managed diamond camos for my SMGs as they outperform the ARs in every area in my opinion. Im sure most people with disagree but with probably 150,000 odd AR kills in previous COD games I believe they are shite in this game

Oh and the KSG shotty too. When it works its fine but it rarely does...