Corrupt Xbox live Profile

TomTom13G

For some reason after installing the recent update my xbox diconnected from live and caused my gaming profile to become corrupt. My achievements are not showing up neither is my profile picture or avatar. I also checked my Hard drive and found that only that profile was corrupt.

The question is how do I fix this without losing my Achievements, Downloaded items and ofc my saved games. I've heard that the cloud storage is good for this but can anyone confirm this.

P.S my achievements are shown online when logged in as well.

yea just recover your GT man, its all online anyway.

you may even get a PM from xbox on your console telling you to delete your profile and recover it to fix any discrepancies.

if you dont feel safe deleting it just move it to a usb or something, just make sure its off your xbox. then recover it. all your saves and all are on your hard drive :D

Nope, but wouldn't that delete my profile before restoring?

You gamertag is registered to Xbox/MS servers. It has nothing to do with your HDD or saved games. All information relating to it is stored onto their servers.

Recovering will simply retrieve all the information again relating to you gamertag. Think of it as refreshing your system. So deleting your gamertag is not a problem because it's not on your system save devices, it's backup and stored on MS's system!

Should I delete my account first but choose the option to only delete my profile or should I just restore regardless of that?

There should be an option somewhere, where you simply recover it. You shouldn't need to personally delete/remove anything beforehand.

I haven't done it in a long time, so I don't know where this option is on the new Dashboard. The only thing you may lose is any offline achievements you've obtained that then haven't been registered back onto XBL.