Magic is Might HATE

Quid Squid

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If, when using Fang, you still have trouble getting it, just activate the second controller for the character who isn't the dog.

The Dementors will focus on the still-standing 2nd player giving you even more time to run ahead with Fang. In combination, it's hard not to get it at that point.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
If, when using Fang, you still have trouble getting it, just activate the second controller for the character who isn't the dog.

The Dementors will focus on the still-standing 2nd player giving you even more time to run ahead with Fang. In combination, it's hard not to get it at that point.

Cheers.

I was having issues with this and I really have no idea why. It shouldn't have been this hard. Anyway, thanks for this, I was about to throw my controller through the window after doing this 10+ tries. And I actually used a ghost. I'm not sure if they're faster than Fang, but it worked for me.

Took me a few tries to get this. But after reading the thread I got the gist of what worked for most people. For me I switched to the 2nd character because whoever they are they start to run immediately, and then I legged it down the corridor and went behind the statue and got the collectible :woop:

• 3 weeks later...

I can see how this could be tough & annoying.

This video shows where & how to get that last crest piece behind the statue while running from Dementors.

Use Fang, and run immediately behind the statue when you arrive there.

The video shows the crest piece at the 1:57 mark.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbnpG3IOA4w]Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 Walkthrough Year 7 Part 1 Level 2 Magic is Might Free Play Complete - YouTube[/ame]

LEGO HARRY POTTER YEARS 5-7, 1000/1000G, Feb 7th 2012

Edited by E vee dub

• 2 weeks later...
I can see how this could be tough & annoying.

This video shows where & how to get that last crest piece behind the statue while running from Dementors.

Use Fang, and run immediately behind the statue when you arrive there.

The video shows the crest piece at the 1:57 mark.

LEGO HARRY POTTER YEARS 5-7, 1000/1000G, Feb 7th 2012

I've just done this hellhole of a crest. I used Fang, stuck to the left but half way thru pressed start on the 2nd controller as the Dementors definitely took a liking to player 2, giving me the chance to get that crest :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I read this thread long before trying for this piece so I was expecting a lot of frustration. I see no problem at all with this one. Easily did it the first try. I ran into at least 2 other walls or statues before I got to it as well since I was hugging the left wall but not knowing exactly where it was. Seems like there's plenty of time to get it to me especially if you aren't losing time running into other things like me.

Lego Harry Potter 2, Magic is Might.

OK, I've played this stupid level over a dozen times. I a F***ing pissed off! How much? I created this account on this board just to yell and vent frustration. I was hoping to find a solution. So far, Tried the ideas here, and no luck.

I get to the statue

I've tried spells.

I've tried running behind the statue.

I've tried going in front of the statue.

I've tried using the Fricking dog (yeah, who'd have thought of that? that's just one of 2 highly illogical puzzle solutions)

I keep getting killed, by something I cannot see, then bounced forward past the point where I can do anything.

I've tried looking for the solution onlinge (obviously, or I wouldn't be here). They all say where the crest is (duh, I spotted it the first time), but none of them say how to get it.

The batman Ice slide wasn't nearly this bad. At least there if you ran the thing twice, hit 3 one time and the other 2 the next, it gave credit for all 5.

This is even worse than the stupid Indiana Jones mine escape or tunnel collapse.

I mean seriously, this is way past the point where it can be considered fun. Now it is just a chore.

Hopefully there will be a patch soon that fixes this problem. And it is a problem.

Edited by WhisperMagellan

:eek:

So, Finally managed to collect that piece.

Solution to the problem was not just to use the dog character, who runs faster, but to turn on the second player, which

1: slowed down the pursuing dementors

2: changed my camera angle so that I could actually SEE.

So, finished the game.

Only had to play that level 34 times.

Only other problem in this game that really annoyed me was the "Get Dumbledore to drink before the hordes descend on him and carry him away." Silly me: I was using logic and thinking that the Patronus White spell would be the one for warding off hordes of undead. Needless to say, it didn't work. Neither did the invisibility cloak. Go figure--the hordes have blindsight. Never occurred to me that the "explode stuff" spells (either Orange or Red) would have any effect.

This puts the game into the "Don't bother playing this again for at least a year" category.

Hopefully there will be nothing this obnoxiously F***ed up in Batman 2 or LotR.

Edited by WhisperMagellan

• 1 month later...

i just failed on this on my first go. the annoying part is not the Dementors chasing you, its the fact you have to do the ENTIRE level over again to get another shot, including the stupid duels and boss fight. think ill try WhisperMagellan's idea now and try to get this crap out of the way.

EDIT: got it, using a 2nd player and the dog. it goes slower with 2 and the dog outruns it no problem giving plenty of time.

Edited by shinobigarth

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Lego Harry Potter 2, Magic is Might.

OK, I've played this stupid level over a dozen times. I a F***ing pissed off! How much? I created this account on this board just to yell and vent frustration. I was hoping to find a solution. So far, Tried the ideas here, and no luck.

I get to the statue

I've tried spells.

I've tried running behind the statue.

I've tried going in front of the statue.

I've tried using the Fricking dog (yeah, who'd have thought of that? that's just one of 2 highly illogical puzzle solutions)

I keep getting killed, by something I cannot see, then bounced forward past the point where I can do anything.

I've tried looking for the solution onlinge (obviously, or I wouldn't be here). They all say where the crest is (duh, I spotted it the first time), but none of them say how to get it.

The batman Ice slide wasn't nearly this bad. At least there if you ran the thing twice, hit 3 one time and the other 2 the next, it gave credit for all 5.

This is even worse than the stupid Indiana Jones mine escape or tunnel collapse.

I mean seriously, this is way past the point where it can be considered fun. Now it is just a chore.

Hopefully there will be a patch soon that fixes this problem. And it is a problem.

with you dude

Only other problem in this game that really annoyed me was the "Get Dumbledore to drink before the hordes descend on him and carry him away." Silly me: I was using logic and thinking that the Patronus White spell would be the one for warding off hordes of undead. Needless to say, it didn't work. Neither did the invisibility cloak. Go figure--the hordes have blindsight. Never occurred to me that the "explode stuff" spells (either Orange or Red) would have any effect.

This puts the game into the "Don't bother playing this again for at least a year" category.

Hopefully there will be nothing this obnoxiously F***ed up in Batman 2 or LotR.

[/size][/font]

Haha, someone doesn't know the actual book, or even movie series very well. The patronus technically should only work on dementors, so of course it doesn't work. Dementors are not undead, however much they look like it. But yes, the inferi, they are the undead, so they see whatever the fuck they want. But they are weak to fire, and, well explosions generally have a bit of fire involved, and well, they are explosions. So they do work.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...