Wow do I feel stupid.

BloodGodAlucard

I'm almost to the end of my first playthrough and I just now figured out that you can press up on the D-Pad when in first person aim mode with a bow to zoom in. I saw a guy do this in a video on YouTube, but I never knew how to do it. I just assumed it was an added benefit to him playing as a Dexterity based class. I don't have a lot of Dexterity on my character. (Only 18 points at the moment.) The zoom is insanely useful. I just wanted to point this out to anyone out there that was as painfully oblivious as I was. :p

its ok i know how you feel it took me till my thrid playthrough to realise you can lock on to enemies and i recently discovered how to do a jumping attack.

Thanks. I don't feel so bad knowing others have had issues with the controls in the past. I'm sure it tells you how to do it in one of the developer messages on the floor at some point. I just overlooked it. It's a good thing they put those there though to explain how to jump for example. I knew how to do that from watching a video before I started. But it really is kind of odd that the developers (From Software) didn't put the full control scheme in the instruction manual. I didn't play Demon Souls. So I'm not sure if they did it intentionally to make it more difficult or not.

It's fine now though. I just thought it was worth mentioning for other new players. :)

I only recently found out how to slide down from ladders. After 300+ hours of gameplay :D

You're not the only one.

Yeah I remember when I first started, this one got me too. I vaguely remembered someone making a comment about hitting B to slide down ladders. I had no idea he actually meant to HOLD B. So I ended up flipping off straight to my death. Say sweet goodbye to few thousand souls. :D It is quite funny looking back. But I was livid at the time. Man do I hate Blight Town. :p Now that I've been through there and acquired all of the items and done everything on my first playthrough, I never have to go anywhere but the quick shortcut route from now on. That's a huge relief for NG+ onward. I do have to say that I am immensely happy that those Toxin blow dart guys are permanent dead once you kill them. That makes running through there infinitely easier and removed all the stress for me.

I do have to say that I am immensely happy that those Toxin blow dart guys are permanent dead once you kill them. That makes running through there infinitely easier and removed all the stress for me.

Ditto on this. Dealing with those guys during your first pass through the area was seriously stressful.

On a Blighttown-related note, has anyone ever gotten close enough to see WTF that giant wall-hanging parasite is like (I always sniped it from across the level)? There is that ramp/slide on the other side of it, so my guess is you could find yourself sliding into some kind of insta-death situation.

On a general note, can't wait to start a new character this week with the new DLC!!!

Ditto on this. Dealing with those guys during your first pass through the area was seriously stressful.

On a Blighttown-related note, has anyone ever gotten close enough to see WTF that giant wall-hanging parasite is like (I always sniped it from across the level)? There is that ramp/slide on the other side of it, so my guess is you could find yourself sliding into some kind of insta-death situation.

On a general note, can't wait to start a new character this week with the new DLC!!!

Yeah, it isn't difficult by any means. If you walk up next to it, it'll occasionally swipe at you with one of its tentacles. And it can be blocked with little knockback. That ramp doesn't lead you to instant death. It just lets you go up to its mouth on the other side of the gate, and it can't get you from there. It's a free kill, but makes it a bit harder to get the pyromancy.

I only recently found out how to slide down from ladders. After 300+ hours of gameplay :D

You're not the only one.

Oh man, that drove me nuts the first couple months the game was out. I would see all these people quickly sliding down ladders and then I would hit every button in the book and come up fail. If only I had just thought to actually hold one down. :D

I can't believe you waited so long to finish up Dark Souls Blood! Was it worth the wait? :p

On my last playthrough I tried to make good use of the BRB move set. This would be hitting B to do a step back then an RB to do a dash move forward. Even after 30'ish playthrough I still find new things to try. :)

I can't believe you waited so long to finish up Dark Souls Blood! Was it worth the wait? :p

On my last playthrough I tried to make good use of the BRB move set. This would be hitting B to do a step back then an RB to do a dash move forward. Even after 30'ish playthrough I still find new things to try. :)

It was absolutely worth the wait. I really like this game a lot. All of the problems that I thought were wrong with this game was purely my inexperience and frustration at it. I'm almost to the end of my first playthrough after 55 hours. I'm just finishing up loose ends before killing Gwyn. Right now I'm grinding for a Channeler's Trident. I've killed these crazy looking casters for hours with no luck. I have a 410 item discovery as well. I guess the game is getting me back for only have to spend 15 minutes farming all of the souvenirs of reprisal that I needed. :p

I tried to tell him. :D

But seriously, he did have good reasons. :)

You were right all along Ghost. I should have dived in way before now. I have to admit that it took a little getting used to when I got the new update. Ninja flipping in heavy armor against bosses was really useful. But I've adapted to the changes now. I'm using my Pyromancer starting armor chest piece, mask of the child, tattered manchettes, and gold-himmed black robe bottoms for nice resistances and mobility. Combined with Havel's Ring so I can still carry my Black Knight Halberd and Black Knight Shield. That frees up my second ring slot. So I can use the DWGR if I need some nice inviciblity frames against bosses. Or I can swap it out for the Covetous Silver/Gold Serpent Rings to grind for souls or items. I have all of the resistance rings too. Or the Bellowing Dragoncrest to give my Ascended Flame an extra punch.

This game is really great. And I just found out that since I found all of the Embers on my first playthrough and upgraded everything as much as possible, I don't have to collect them in NG+. I can just finish my upgrades with Slabs from the bonfires. So I'm really happy about that. :woop: I went around and Dark Handed all of the NPCs for extra humanity. I even killed all of them. (I'm so sorry Laurentious and Griggs.) So I've kindled all of the bonfires that I thought would be useful to have 20 Estus Flasks each. I'm so ready for NG+ later tonight. If only the Channelers would drop that damn trident. :p

Edited by BloodGodAlucard

That trident was the very last weapon I acquired as well. It took an insanely long time. Though I didn't get so lucky with souvenir farming like you did. I remember spending days with those damn harpies. Kudos sir!

It's good to see you finally got hooked but we'll see how easily you can put it down. :p

p.s.

Isn't it nice to come back here to helpful gamers after spending a ton of time on the Borderlands 2 forums? You would think the Dark Soul forums would be crawling with gamers on the edge of insanity but it's always been quite the opposite. :woop:

That trident was the very last weapon I acquired as well. It took an insanely long time. Though I didn't get so lucky with souvenir farming like you did. I remember spending days with those damn harpies. Kudos sir!

It's good to see you finally got hooked but we'll see how easily you can put it down. :p

p.s.

Isn't it nice to come back here to helpful gamers after spending a ton of time on the Borderlands 2 forums? You would think the Dark Soul forums would be crawling with gamers on the edge of insanity but it's always been quite the opposite. :woop:

Very true. The BL2 forums are full of annoying people and petty arguments all of the time. The community on here is great though. Very helpful posts and friendly discussions. :)

I know what you mean about getting hooked playing this game. It's very fun and I can see the huge replayability since you can experiment with new builds. I'm playing as a melee character on this run. But I've seen some pretty cool mage gameplay videos online. I think it would be fun to play like that next. It seems like it'll make the bosses much easier. But all of the normal enemies seem much more dangerous since you're a glass cannon. The guy I watched managed that by having a maxed out Magic and Enchanted weapon. Since they scaled with his intelligence, he was dealing some massive DPS to enemies. And the spells are really cool. The crystal homing soul mass and soul spear are some of my favorites. It's also really cool to see someone use the White Dragon's Breath. Seathe is a really great boss. So it's nice to have his ability to play around with. :D

I'm actually about to get back to grinding the Channelers. Hopefully they'll be kind today. At least I worked out a fairly quick path to farm them. I start at the bonfire in the jail cell. Then run up the ladder and around the corner. There are 2 crystal hollows and an archer to fight. That's all though. Then I can just run in 2 handing my BKH and one shot both of the Channelers. The only time I get hit is when one of them gets off a cheeky soul arrow. Then I take the shot in the face like a champ. :p

It was absolutely worth the wait. I really like this game a lot. All of the problems that I thought were wrong with this game was purely my inexperience and frustration at it. I'm almost to the end of my first playthrough after 55 hours. I'm just finishing up loose ends before killing Gwyn. Right now I'm grinding for a Channeler's Trident. I've killed these crazy looking casters for hours with no luck. I have a 410 item discovery as well. I guess the game is getting me back for only have to spend 15 minutes farming all of the souvenirs of reprisal that I needed. :p

You were right all along Ghost. I should have dived in way before now. I have to admit that it took a little getting used to when I got the new update. Ninja flipping in heavy armor against bosses was really useful. But I've adapted to the changes now. I'm using my Pyromancer starting armor chest piece, mask of the child, tattered manchettes, and gold-himmed black robe bottoms for nice resistances and mobility. Combined with Havel's Ring so I can still carry my Black Knight Halberd and Black Knight Shield. That frees up my second ring slot. So I can use the DWGR if I need some nice inviciblity frames against bosses. Or I can swap it out for the Covetous Silver/Gold Serpent Rings to grind for souls or items. I have all of the resistance rings too. Or the Bellowing Dragoncrest to give my Ascended Flame an extra punch.

This game is really great. And I just found out that since I found all of the Embers on my first playthrough and upgraded everything as much as possible, I don't have to collect them in NG+. I can just finish my upgrades with Slabs from the bonfires. So I'm really happy about that. :woop: I went around and Dark Handed all of the NPCs for extra humanity. I even killed all of them. (I'm so sorry Laurentious and Griggs.) So I've kindled all of the bonfires that I thought would be useful to have 20 Estus Flasks each. I'm so ready for NG+ later tonight. If only the Channelers would drop that damn trident. :p

Oh the dreaded Channelers Trident. That can be a real pain to get depending on your luck. As for Griggs and the fella's we've all had to take them out. No worries though, all is forgotten in NG+ when they re-appear. :D The only one that broke my heart was the fair lady. It killed me to have to take her firekeeper soul...like she' didn't already have it bad enough. Actually, that was the rational I used before giving her one, very quick, painless swipe with my Black Knight Sword.

Also, when you go into NG+, make sure you have your Gold Serpent Ring and 10 humanity when You get to that one in the top of the Parish. He's dropped them there for me twice before. It's extremely rare, but if you can get it there, it'll save you the hassle of Dukes farming...which absolutely blows!

Edited by ghostx30

Oh the dreaded Channelers Trident. That can be a real pain to get depending on your luck. As for Griggs and the fella's we've all had to take them out. No worries though, all is forgotten in NG+ when they re-appear. :D The only one that broke my heart was the fair lady. It killed me to have to take her firekeeper soul...like she' didn't already have it bad enough. Actually, that was the rational I used before giving her one, very quick, painless swipe with my Black Knight Sword.

Also, when you go into NG+, make sure you have your Gold Serpent Ring and 10 humanity when You get to that one in the top of the Parish. He's dropped them there for me twice before. It's extremely rare, but if you can get it there, it'll save you the hassle of Dukes farming...which absolutely blows!

You may kill The Fair Lady if you like but don't lay a hand on my girl Dusk! :p I have an odd fascination with her and her sad story. Too bad I'm already unhealthily obsessed with Tali'zorah! :)

I feel very conflicted when it comes to the Fair Lady. I feel bad for her on a personal level. But I really hate spiders in real life. So I always feel a little weird nursing one back to health. lol It is sad to kill her though. I enjoy the Chaos Servant covenant the most. So I'm going to rejoin and stay loyal to them on NG+. You know what they say though, a +6 Estus Flask is the best medicine for heartache. ;) Thanks for the tip about the Channeler in the Undead Parish. I'll keep that in mind if I end up giving up in Duke's Archives and want to advance to NG+.

You may kill The Fair Lady if you like but don't lay a hand on my girl Dusk! :p I have an odd fascination with her and her sad story. Too bad I'm already unhealthily obsessed with Tali'zorah! :)

I can understand your obsession with Tali. She is really cute. But for me it's Liara and Miranda all the way. Both of them together would be the true definition of "The Best of Both Worlds." :D

I feel you, bro! I would never consider laying a hand on Dusk. I love her! However, I don't understand how you could possibly be obsessed with Tali, when everyone know that Liara is where it's at. It literally killed my character, Def Shepard, to have to cheat on her with Miranda in ME2...oh to have such problems in real life. :D

Blood, I agree with you on the Chaos Covenant. No matter who I have ever joined, in the end I usually end up back there or with the Sunbro's.

Edited by ghostx30

I feel you, bro! I would never consider laying a hand on Dusk. I love her! However, I don't understand how you could possibly be obsessed with Tali, when everyone know that Liara is where it's at. It literally killed my character, Def Shepard, to have to cheat on her with Miranda in ME2...oh to have such problems in real life. :D

Blood, I agree with you on the Chaos Covenant. No matter who I have ever joined, in the end I usually end up back there or with the Sunbro's.

Thanks Ghost....that Def Shepard name made me laugh! :) As far as covenants go I would always be a SunBro but I too always end up with hanging with spiders. Mainly for the shortcut. I hate headless hell far more than Blighttown! :p

As for the lack of love for Tali I say shame on you Ghost! :p I do love Liara as a character but you know she will end up looking like Benezia. Not to mention, if you make her mad....BAM! Asari commando squad now has your number! I don't want to have to watch my back after every little lovers quarrel! :woop:

As for Miranda Blood, she may have a nice body under that soccer ball outfit but I don't trust her not to stab me in the back whenever it's facing her. :p

Hmm.... I picked up on the combat rather quickly, most things appeared obvious to me or I discovered them by trying different buttons at the beginning of the game.

Although, It took me until my 2nd playthrough on PC version to find out that there is a lower section to Darkroot.. .you know, with those red stingray things and the killable trees?

So I guess I can relate.

Edited by ODiN

Hmm.... I picked up on the combat rather quickly, most things appeared obvious to me or I discovered them by trying different buttons at the beginning of the game.

Although, It took me until my 2nd playthrough on PC version to find out that there is a lower section to Darkroot.. .you know, with those red stingray things and the killable trees?

So I guess I can relate.

That's one of the reasons this game has held my attention for so long. There's always something you seem to miss out on which results in yet another playthrough. :woop:

Thanks Ghost....that Def Shepard name made me laugh! :) As far as covenants go I would always be a SunBro but I too always end up with hanging with spiders. Mainly for the shortcut. I hate headless hell far more than Blighttown! :p

You're not kidding. That shortcut is one of the best breaks in the game. I haven't touched Firesage other than to help out others since the first run where I had to fight him to get the Catalyst. :)

Oh, and shame on you my friend. Liara would never do Def like that. :D And I agree, never trusted Miranda any further than I could throw her. I actually wished I had cheated on Liara with Tali instead of Miranda in ME2.