Welcome to Jurassic Park! 4/5!

arkhaminmate520

I picked up the game yesterday and I really enjoy it. For a $40.00 game it could be a hell of a lot worse but JP:TG actually turned out pretty good. The gameplay reminds me of Heavy Rain and uses a lot of quicktime events.

The story is great, taking place during and after the first movie and revolves around Dr. Harding (the guy that was treating the sick Triceratops in the 1st JP movie), and his daughter.

I do not believe there are any missable achievements considering you can replay any part of the game you want. The only one I see being difficult is LIFE FINDS A WAY (stay alive from beginning to end). 1 slip up will cost you but I am sure there is a way around that (quickly pause and restart the scene may work).

I have not completed the game but I am on Chapter 4 so I should be done shortly. All in all, for the $40.00 value, the story, and gameplay, I give it an easy 4/5!!

I've been playing it for about 6 or 7 hours now and am at the very end of the game. Its pretty good. I have some gripes, but a solid 4/5 from me too.

My main gripe is tied to the nature of the game. As most gameplay is a series of QTEs, it can be overly frustrating to do them right when there are occasional frame-rate hiccups. A smoother, more consistent frame-rate would have fixed this one issue, really.

I think it rocks. Not only do you see a whole other side to the film we love but suspense I think is just pouring out of the game as I panic and hit wrong buttons lol. I think this game is better then 90% of crap released these days. But more polish and more time and this could have been an amazing game. With better graphics it would take me nack to being 3 years old watching the movie and freaking out.

• 2 weeks later...

Jurassic Park is still my favorite movie to this day and playing this definitely takes me back to the good ol' days. Framerate hiccups once in a while, but otherwise it's pretty solid. It did a great job with it's own original cast of interesting characters instead of re-hashing characters from the original movie (save for Harding) and the new dinosaurs are exciting in addition to the original classics.

My only warning is that the game glitches toward the end of Episode 4. You're given a choice of two endings and there's an achievement for both. I got one, than immediately quit and got the other one and let the game play out, but the cutscene at the end is cut out, the final scenario is still locked on the menu, and I didn't get the achievement for beating the game, so now I'm gonna have to beat the whole episode over again. No big deal to me since I plan on playing the game once a week anyway, but for achievement hunters I thought I would give a heads up. I'm also going to assume that the achievement for not dying would have the same issue.)

Jurassic Park is still my favorite movie to this day and playing this definitely takes me back to the good ol' days. Framerate hiccups once in a while, but otherwise it's pretty solid. It did a great job with it's own original cast of interesting characters instead of re-hashing characters from the original movie (save for Harding) and the new dinosaurs are exciting in addition to the original classics.

My only warning is that the game glitches toward the end of Episode 4. You're given a choice of two endings and there's an achievement for both. I got one, than immediately quit and got the other one and let the game play out, but the cutscene at the end is cut out, the final scenario is still locked on the menu, and I didn't get the achievement for beating the game, so now I'm gonna have to beat the whole episode over again. No big deal to me since I plan on playing the game once a week anyway, but for achievement hunters I thought I would give a heads up. I'm also going to assume that the achievement for not dying would have the same issue.)

Damn you must really like Jurassic Park.

For the dont die achievement, Im using the load game method but I also make a backup of every successful level completion without death onto my usb.

Im in the beginning but so far I like this game but I cant help but think this game would be awesome with top tier graphics. I dont know why this game doesnt have better graphics, especially seeing all it is, is QTE's. Better graphics and 3D would be mind blowing for me. The sound sounds great in my Astro A40's.

I make it a point to watch Jurrassic Park and Lost World at least 2-3 times a month and usually read both books at least once a month each. I also frequently play Operation Genesis (I really need to get the PC version for the modded goodies.)

This game definitely ranks high enough on my enjoy list to revisit frequently.

It would be nice with sharper graphics, but this was originally done with PSN and XBLA in mind, so quality had to be curbed somewhat. Still, I would've loved to see what Quantic Dream (guys that did Heavy Rain) could've done with this game. Graphically it would've been magnificent and story-wise I could see a lot of branching paths to the storyline that really would've lent itself well to adding replayability (the replay ability of Heavy Rain is insane.)

The game was pretty fun, but I didn't spend any money on something I was only going to play once. I just checked it out from work, beat it, got 1k and brought it back.

You can definitely tell that the developers put more effort into the dinosaurs then the people in the game though. The dinos looked great but the human graphics were dated and movements where pretty stiff. If your a big Jurassic Park fan than you should def. play the game to at least redeem the series game-wise.

I think this is a great suppliment to the movie, but not necessarily a great game. For essentially being a point and click game it lacks a lot of polish it seems. Choppy animation, audio problems and frame rate issues. If they had put that extra layer of polish on it the game would seem a lot better. I paid $7 for it so I can't complain to much. I do like the story and the character, surprisingly Jess ended up being my favorite. It's a must play if you're a HUGE JP fan but if not it's easily passable. 6/10.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Id say this game is a solid 6.5 or 7 out of 10. For what it is its great, story is fairly good and the graphics arent horrible. Certainly a must play for diehard JP fans.

I wish someone would make a Jurassic Park game that plays and looks like the Tomb Raider reboot and Uncharted. Maybe have the story be about people trying to steal Dinos off the island like in the 2nd movie. I mean, the JP brand is like a perfect fit for games, I bet if a company put in the money and effort, itd sell well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

phew, just completed the game. and i must say i really enjoyed it. and that surprised me, cause i thought this would be another dead boring easy 1000. the story was catchy, as it relates so great to the movie (as a sidestory). and the characters were great! i hate children in movies and games, but i actually even liked Jess.

i would recommend this game to JP fans!

btw, did anyone notice the chopper flying over as they enter the Visitor's Center the first time? that would most likely be the chopper Hammond and the others are being evacuated in

• 2 months later...

I just completed the game last night and I enjoyed the story and the game. Probably one of the best Point and Click & Quick Time Event game Ive played, along side The Walking Dead.

Jurassic Park: The Game is defiantly worth it. But if your the kind of person who is uneasy and doesn't want to spend money in the game, then rent it. Its a fun game with a simple/short story also an easy 1000:gsicon:.