A Guide to the Best Weapons and Armor (Includes "God" Armor)

Method

Question to OP: I've noticed that the Smithing is going uber slow but am I still able to make the game-breaking armor? It has not been patched yet correct?

Sorry one more question before I finish going through with this...should I make the Ultimate Armor or the God Armor?

I want the game to remain fun and I have no idea if the God Armor will kill it for me.

I'm considering things like perks, and non-combat skills...like I would still like to have a ton of carry weight, easier sneak, better lockpicking and pickpocketing, and maybe some of the regenerative effects...I just don't know if I want to be able to kill everything in one shot.

So can I get some opinions from people who have already done it?

Edited by Method

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not my first playthrough. This one would mostly be for achievement cleanup. I'm just wondering if this really takes that much fun out of the game. And if so, should I make 2 sets of armor?

That's exactly what I did. One set of maxed out armor for regular gameplay (which still provides at least a small challenge on master difficulty) and one set of godlike armor for when I just feel like running around dominating everything with zero risk of death.

This glitch is no longer 100% viable. After following the steps to the God armor the highest Enchanting potion I can create without breaking the game gives +11402%. Using the potion trick even a single time more will make the bonus skyrocket to about 1 million percent and give negative bonuses.

This is a great guide i started yesterday and got the 3000 gold. today i went to start alchemy. i've been doing this for about 2 1/2 hours now and i'm level 65. i also have two questions. did they patch the smithing leveling with iron daggers? and why do you need 100 alchemy. by level 80 you would have all the perks you need

Also, there is a quick exploit to max out Speech while doing this glitch. I noticed it because I started to run out of money while buying Grand Soul Gems to enchant my God armor.

I had already made my gauntlets with ridiculous buffs to smithing and alchemy, and I wore them while making potions at Arcadia's because I planned to sell her out and restock her for a few days.

The potions I made were worth several thousand gold and she couldn't afford them, but I sold them to her anyway...only took 1 or 2 of these potions and I shot up around 30 Speech levels to max out the skill.

Just sayin.

This glitch is no longer 100% viable. After following the steps to the God armor the highest Enchanting potion I can create without breaking the game gives +11402%. Using the potion trick even a single time more will make the bonus skyrocket to about 1 million percent and give negative bonuses.

11402% should be more than enough to be godlike, but if you want to get between that and a million just experiment with not wearing your full alchemy suit (take off 1 or 2 pieces) as you do the glitch and the numbers will vary.

This is a great guide i started yesterday and got the 3000 gold. today i went to start alchemy. i've been doing this for about 2 1/2 hours now and i'm level 65. i also have two questions. did they patch the smithing leveling with iron daggers? and why do you need 100 alchemy. by level 80 you would have all the perks you need

Yes they patched the smithing xp which was too generous prepatch and now takes longer to level to 100.

The reason for getting alchemy to 100 is obvious. The higher your alchemy skill the more powerful your potions become. More powerful potions = better weapons and armor. For example; Fortify Smithing and Fortify Enchanting potions.

To get to level 100 you need to make over $200,000 worth of potions. There are two very very handy tools that I use for alchemy. The first is concerned only with making the most expensive potions possible with the ingredients you have and therefore you will level as fast as possible. Use it in conjunction with Arcadia's Cauldron in Whiterun. Buy EVERYTHING in her ingredients list and fast forward time 48 hrs and keep buying. When you have a shitload of ingredients (giant's toes are by far the most lucrative ingredient) open alchemoney and "tick" all the ingredients you currently have (except daedra hearts as they're very rare and should never be used in potions) and you will then get a list of all possible potions in order from most expensive to least. It wll vary depending on perks. Try to get at least 5/5 in alchemist. The second is designed to help you after to reach level 100. It helps you make the potion you want with the effects you want.

1. http://capnbry.net/~bmayland/alchemoney/

2. http://rp.eliteskills.com/skyrim.html

Yes they patched the smithing xp which was too generous prepatch and now takes longer to level to 100.

The reason for getting alchemy to 100 is obvious. The higher your alchemy skill the more powerful your potions become. More powerful potions = better weapons and armor. For example; Fortify Smithing and Fortify Enchanting potions.

To get to level 100 you need to make over $200,000 worth of potions. There are two very very handy tools that I use for alchemy. The first is concerned only with making the most expensive potions possible with the ingredients you have and therefore you will level as fast as possible. Use it in conjunction with Arcadia's Cauldron in Whiterun. Buy EVERYTHING in her ingredients list and fast forward time 48 hrs and keep buying. When you have a shitload of ingredients (giant's toes are by far the most lucrative ingredient) open alchemoney and "tick" all the ingredients you currently have (except daedra hearts as they're very rare and should never be used in potions) and you will then get a list of all possible potions in order from most expensive to least. It wll vary depending on perks. Try to get at least 5/5 in alchemist. The second is designed to help you after to reach level 100. It helps you make the potion you want with the effects you want.

1. http://capnbry.net/~bmayland/alchemoney/

2. http://rp.eliteskills.com/skyrim.html

Since you seem to be actually replying to this topic, can I get your opinion on 2 things:

1. Muffle on the boots. Is this more effective than Fortifying the hell out of Sneak or not? I want to know this before I enchant it.

2. Disease Resist. Is this necessary? Or is there a better enchantment I could put here?

Since you seem to be actually replying to this topic, can I get your opinion on 2 things:

1. Muffle on the boots. Is this more effective than Fortifying the hell out of Sneak or not? I want to know this before I enchant it.

2. Disease Resist. Is this necessary? Or is there a better enchantment I could put here?

From an earlier post: should answer both questions.

Originally Posted by oooo yeah http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/buttons/viewpost.gif

Just though I'd offer an alternative set of enchants for the God armor. Basically you have 12 slots and I filled mine with -

Helm:

Fortify Magicka, Waterbreathing

Armor:

Fortify Health, Fortify Stamina

Gauntlets:

Fortify Carry Weight, Fortify Pickpocket

Boots:

Fortify One-Handed, Sneak

Ring:

Fortify Lockpicking, Fortify Two-Handed

Necklace:

Fortify Archery, Fortify Barter

What I took out from Method's build:

Any Fortify Regen Rates. With your health/magicka/stamina in the millions when would you ever need to regenerate?

Muffle. With Sneak in the millions muffle is completely unnecessary.

Magic Resistance and Poison Resistance. Health in the millions? Hello?

What I added to Method's build:

Fortify Archery, One-Handed and Two-Handed. By adding these, any and all weapons I pick up will automatically be "Godlike" including enchanted weapons and any weapon rewards from daedric quests. You won't have to bother smithing anymore, just use whatever weapon you think looks the best or fits the situation. This also saves you a perk (arcane blacksmith)

Fortify Barter. Being able to purchase whatever you want for the same price as you can sell it for is really handy.

Fortify Health as opposed to Fortify Regen Rate. No reason really, just liked seeing health/stamina/magicka all in the millions. lol

Sneak as opposed to muffle. With sneak in the millions you can literally walk up a dragons back and onto his head and insert an arrow into the back of his skull at point blank range. Not sure if muffle alone allows you to do this.

Anyway you go you will absolutely dominate. But these 12 enchantments were the only ones I considered that offered something useful to a "God" character. All other enchantments are pretty useless imo.

From an earlier post: should answer both questions.

Is this theory or one that you actually made? Fortifying Barter would have NPCs selling their stuff for dirt while your stuff would be worth millions. But then your stuff would immediately bankrupt the seller...this would suck if you wanted to sell more than one thing.

I just really want to know if Muffle or Fortify Sneak is better. I don't care if the weapons I pick up are Godly or not. I stopped at Steel Smithing to save perks and that covers all my weapon and armor needs. So I'll be pwning stuff with a Hunting Bow and Steel Sword.

Is this theory or one that you actually made? Fortifying Barter would have NPCs selling their stuff for dirt while your stuff would be worth millions. But then your stuff would immediately bankrupt the seller...this would suck if you wanted to sell more than one thing.

You're making some false assumptions there buddy. If you read my above post again you'll see I said "Fortify Barter. Being able to purchase whatever you want for the same price as you can sell it for is really handy." There is actually a hidden limit to fortify barter. Whether you have 1000% or 1000000% fortify barter items will never drop below their nominal cost and you will never be able to sell above the nominal limit either. So if you bought an enchanted sword for example for 1000 gold you can probably sell it right back to the vendor for the same price. (maybe a tiny difference)

As for the vendors running out of money, it's no big deal. It's true you'll bankrupt them in no time but if you still want to get rid of stuff you can still sell it to them for 0 gold or just store it somewhere. What I did was when I felt like unloading some crap I fast traveled to the Riverwood Trader who has the largest stockpile of coin in the entire game (usually around 10,000) Don't forget with your carry weight in the millions you don't really need to unload very often.

I just really want to know if Muffle or Fortify Sneak is better..

Pretty sure I answered that in above post also but just to clarify GO WITH SNEAK. Muffle cannot be fortified any higher than it's default 50% (I think) sound dampening.

I've used the build in my above post on 2 playthroughs. Trust me mate, I've put in over 600 hours into this game and know what I'm talking about. The 12 enchantments posted above are really all you'll need. All other enchantments are completely useless to a Godly character - end of story.

Edited by oooo yeah

I'm kind of confused in step five. I got all the materials for the two type of potions I'm not sure what to do now, and you talk about upgrading the dwarves armor? What's that all about. Sorry I'm like really new to the game.

nice way to become the most powerful entity in the game. was reading a reply u made about points into smithing just to daedric. with the new dlc that just came out Dragonbone is now the most powerful weapon class available. so u'd need 6 points in smithing

I'm kind of confused in step five. I got all the materials for the two type of potions I'm not sure what to do now, and you talk about upgrading the dwarves armor? What's that all about. Sorry I'm like really new to the game.

i think he likes Dwarven armor. this will work on any tier armor and wpns u want to use. every1 has a preference

as for the potion ingredients use the 1s he mentioned to make that specific potion

Edited by NickX5
forgot bout other part of quoted post

• 3 weeks later...

Probably going to be a few retarded questions to some but here goes.

What's a good percentage to get the full set of Alchemy (my crafting set) As it skips from 6000 bonus to 1million. Once it's 1million bonus I can't create ANY armour/weapons. So my other question is should I leave it at 6k bonus and just do it like that (Although enchantment will be 4k + bonus) I assume that's enough?

Edited by TacticalTodger

I need some help here. I'm currently using my Daedric God Armor but everytime I unequip it, I suddenly die. I need to equip the Thieves Guild armor to proceed in the quest, and it's been impossible.

Before, I could unequip the god armor without dying, but now, it's IMPOSSIBLE. I don't know what I did.

Someone know a method to unequip god armor? Or my game broke?

Thanks

Edited by IagoguleBRA

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been discussed, but haven't been able to find any information on it. I've made my crafting gear using the restoration potion method, but everytime I try to leave the town, the gear resorts back to 29%. Anyway around this?

Nm, figured it out, thanks

Edited by JBurnaBTNH
Figured out reason

• 3 weeks later...

This guide is so awesome that even though I've finished playing Skyrim, I'm going to create a new character to experience the game from a different perspective. I'd like to ask one question though. If you have health regeneration +xxxxxxx something, are you practically invincible or you can still drown or die of falling from great heights, etc?

Another question, what's the biggest % fortify enchantment potion you can get that's not a negative number?

Thanks!