Dreadnought DLC-good buy?

They havent added any achievements yet.. and i don't know if they are going to.

but as to if the download is good. I think it's alot of fun - i felt from the start that there was missing a dreadnought. Its really fun to be the dreadnought yourself, and it isnt overpowered after all, if you know how to kill the dreadnought the other team have to be really good defending it, for it to survive.

That being said there isnt much in the download, only the new game mode and 3 new maps as i understand it.

I was just playing dreadnaught assault today, I got in a full game until everyone quit because we had a dreadnaught. I was able to find another populated match though. Dreadnaught assault is a great mode, and it comes with maps too. I wouldn't say the dreadnaught is overpowered either (somehow!), it does heal when not taking damage, but after it takes a certain amount of damage it can only heal up to a certain point, rather than to full again. But the enemy has to work as a team to kill it, one space marine versus one dreadnaught doesn't quite work.

So you can find matches, it's probably the most fun of any of the modes, and it's fairly balanced. One of the cooler multiplayer DLCs in any game since it's not just a map pack.

I was just playing dreadnaught assault today, I got in a full game until everyone quit because we had a dreadnaught. I was able to find another populated match though. Dreadnaught assault is a great mode, and it comes with maps too. I wouldn't say the dreadnaught is overpowered either (somehow!), it does heal when not taking damage, but after it takes a certain amount of damage it can only heal up to a certain point, rather than to full again. But the enemy has to work as a team to kill it, one space marine versus one dreadnaught doesn't quite work.

So you can find matches, it's probably the most fun of any of the modes, and it's fairly balanced. One of the cooler multiplayer DLCs in any game since it's not just a map pack.

Big thank you for the input! I will get this DLC this weekend. Hopefully it will make the grind from 35 to 41 a lot more bearable. I really do enjoy this game, but I know I'm never going to take the time to complete all weapon challenges for that specific achievement, so I've had a hard time finding motivation to grind out the multiplayer games. Annihilation is fun, but even if you can get 10 kills consistently each game, it's only like 800-1200 xp after exhausting the easy challenges.

It's not like getting up to level 100 in GoW, but still a relatively tedious grind