can't recruit assassins glitch? (spoiler free!)

well, i cleared about 3 templar dens, but the assassin recruits aren't popping up on the map. i DO have their markers turned on, and i've tried clearing my cache, etc. nothing has worked. this is really unfortunate, because i really want to play the single player, but i won't do it if i can't recruit assassins. anyone else have this issue?

I went through a couple periods of the game where recruits weren't available. My advice would be to just complete a plot mission and try again afterwards.

If that doesn't work, maybe double check your slots and make sure you don't have all the available ones... and if you do then dump yours into the Mediterranean Defense city slots. That should allow you to get more.

Well the first one happens as part of the plot. Do you have that first assassin recruited? If so, then there shouldn't be a problem with your file... and there is definitely a section of the game early on (I think even more than one) where you just can't. It's up to you if you want to restart, but you might want to try progressing a bit more... even if it "says" you could unlock more you can't until you see the icons on the map.