For the 360 Model Experts

I recieved my 360 on Xmas '09. I have logged hundreds of hours onto it. Sometimes leaving it on for hours at a time. Granted, I did take a 6 month hiatus, and maybe some weeks here and there. Still, it's been used a lot. Does this mean I recieved one of the newers, anti- RROD models? I vaguely remember checking on the back, some time ago, and saw that the model number was a new one. I can't remember though. When did they put out the anti - RROD model?

There is NO anti-RROD model. If its the old model (non-slim) its a Jasper. Its just a new motherboard which is uses smaller CPU and GPU and less power and generates less heat.

They still RROD, they are just supposed to have a lower failure rate.

Remember reading up on it all before I purchaed mine and even put off getting it for a number of months till I could get a Jasper machine. But I have read that there are a number of Jaspers have been returned for RROD and other faults. I also liked the idea that they use less power, having a 150W power brick (and it is a brick).

This was a good year before the new model (not called a slim, slim-xbox)

Edited by Damage

Yeah I remember hearinf about the Jasper. Mine is not a slim, so I guess that is what I got. It still gets really hot. I just can't believe I never had one problem out of it. And lately I've been charging one or two things while having it on, plus having the wireless adapter hooked up to it constantly. And sometimes the Kinect.

The amount of power them things draw is nothing, I think a USB is limited to something like an amp (that's why some external HDD required external power of a Y lead). As for Kinect its complete bull-crap that it kills your xbox.

I occasionally experience slow downs and the odd lock-up. But clearing my cache seems to have sorted this. I think your covered for RROD by xbox for 3 years from the date of purchase. So any trouble and they will fix it, but you should be fine. I have run mine for up to 14hours before without a problem (never clocks more then 6hours in a row now though).

I have a Jasper box, she got a RROD a month ago, then slap her hard and now she runs smooth again. Strange, but it realy works for over one month now :woop:

I hear that some new slim xbox consoles got some problems too. But i think it´s just normal that some consoles break. The internet make big storys about small things today, since the RROD disaster from the past. If anyone got a crashed Xbox S everyone scream they got the same problem like 2005/06 models. Don´t listen....

Edited by TAI JASON

I have a launch day 360 that didn't RROD. Never had a problem with it.

Ya win some, ya lose some.

And if you RROD 3 years after you buy it, they will still fix it, it will just cost you $100. But it's only 2011, and if you got it in 2009 you still have a whole year and a half before your RROD warranty expires.

I paid nothing for my 3 year old elite that RROD.. i didn't even buy it myself.. I bought it used of ebay for 30 bucks broken knowing i could have it repaired for free as it was still in warranty.

and OP, im pretty sure you have a Jasper... which is the best MoBo type of the old model xboxs

I've had my xbox for about three years. I bought it used from a friend who got it when it was first released and it has never had a RROD. We are both active gamers. I make sure to never put anything on top of it or around it so it doesn't get too hot. Some days I'll have it on for over 12 hours.

I paid nothing for my 3 year old elite that RROD.. i didn't even buy it myself.. I bought it used of ebay for 30 bucks broken knowing i could have it repaired for free as it was still in warranty.

and OP, im pretty sure you have a Jasper... which is the best MoBo type of the old model xboxs

lol. I should scour ebay for broken xboxes that are still in warranty. That is a great idea.

lol. I should scour ebay for broken xboxes that are still in warranty. That is a great idea.

Yeah you have to be slick though, The console i bought off ebay had E79, which technically isn't repairable for free.. MS would usually charge 100 bucks for that "repair"

So i just said It has switches from E79 to E74 at different times.. and it has 3 flashing lights in the repair form and got a Refurbished Elite 1 month later.

Wasn't a bad deal for fifty bucks. they gave me a free month of live to.

I then sold that very same console with a 60GB HDD, bioshock and i think fable 2 for 175 as soon as the 4GB slims were announced.. and used the money from that sale to go towards the 4GB slim..

and if you or anyone else were to buy RROD consoles of ebay to send into MS for repair i would make sure you get a picture or something showing the actual warranty date before paying.. so you know for sure you can get it repaired.

I've had my xbox for about three years. I bought it used from a friend who got it when it was first released and it has never had a RROD. We are both active gamers. I make sure to never put anything on top of it or around it so it doesn't get too hot. Some days I'll have it on for over 12 hours.

OMG!!! I posted this yesterday right? I just turned on my xbox and got the e74 error screen. FML I jinxed myself! :mad:

Oh well. Now I have a legit reason to buy myself a new one.