Multiplayer is trash

SliceDice

I got to say I love the single player in this game, but the multiplayer is sooooo bad it makes me sick. The gameplay is ok but the fact that all the higher levels just rape me so fast just makes me want to have nothing to do with this shit, like come every game I get paired with people level 40 or higher?? it's just not fun at all. I probably would have to say that this is in my top 3 worst Multiplayer games ever made

I got to say I love the single player in this game, but the multiplayer is sooooo bad it makes me sick. The gameplay is ok but the fact that all the higher levels just rape me so fast just makes me want to have nothing to do with this shit, like come every game I get paired with people level 40 or higher?? it's just not fun at all. I probably would have to say that this is in my top 3 worst Multiplayer games ever made

Certain things make me sick too. One of them is useless threads like this. If you don't like it, dont play it. No need to post something that no one can gain from and push useful threads into the abyss of the forums.

I haven't played the multiplayer (and don't intend to) so I don't suppose my view is really worth much, but basically I already don't like it for a few reasons.

Firstly, I honestly believe that Dead Space was not mean to have multiplayer. Full stop.

The original was a single player only game, why wasn't this one? It doesn't need it! It seems like devs have this impression these days that there can't be just single player only games, that it HAS to have multi. I think this is bullshit!

Although nothing to do with this, I want to give another good example of this: Assassin's Creed. Now again while I have not played the multi in Brotherhood, I still firmly believe that was also a single player only game and should have stayed that way. AC1 + AC2 had no multi, so why put it in on the 3rd?

One of my other reasons is that I hear nothing but comments about people hacking and cheating on the forums. For this reason I just cannot be arsed bothering with it.

Finally, I'm sick of EA being greedy bastards.

Yeah OK I rented the game, but usually I will rent a game and then buy it if I really like it. I REALLY like Dead Space, but I hate this new thing EA have with needing a code (I guess CDKey is accurate) to play online. Oh but wait, you get a little free trial! Bullshit. Keep it IMO. I know this probably doesn't make much sense, but it does to me and I guess it's my own little personal boycott of EA.

We pay for XboxLive Gold so we can play online, we shouldn't need to have some silly keycode that means we can't play online if we bought it second hand or rented it. Turning round and charging you what, 800MSP for an online pass? Like I said, keep it.

I know a lot of people will probably not agree with my views, but thats the point of discussion forums.. people posting their oppinions.. and these are mine.

I haven't played the multiplayer (and don't intend to) so I don't suppose my view is really worth much, but basically I already don't like it for a few reasons.

Firstly, I honestly believe that Dead Space was not mean to have multiplayer. Full stop.

The original was a single player only game, why wasn't this one? It doesn't need it! It seems like devs have this impression these days that there can't be just single player only games, that it HAS to have multi. I think this is bullshit!

Although nothing to do with this, I want to give another good example of this: Assassin's Creed. Now again while I have not played the multi in Brotherhood, I still firmly believe that was also a single player only game and should have stayed that way. AC1 + AC2 had no multi, so why put it in on the 3rd?

So I don't see a logical connection in what you are trying to say. Why put multiplayer in a game that didn't have it in previous installments? I think the answer is obvious, but I will explain the many reasons:

1) Replayability: There is only so many times you can replay the single-player game before you have seen everything. Devs put it into games to extend the life of yheir games. This is like complaining for getting something for free, as you pay the same price as the first DS. You don't have to play it, but some people actually enjoyed it.

2) Stand-Alone: The multiplayer, regardless if you think it feels tacked on, in no way affects the experience you get from single player. DS 2's single player campaign is leaps and bounds better than the original. I would agree with you if the addition of multiplayer made the single player take a back seat, but that isn't the case for this or Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

3) Fun With Friends: Again regardless of how much you enjoyed single player, there is an amazing sense of joy that comes with killing your friends in a game of multiplayer. For example, Fuzion Frenzy 2 was a TERRIBLE game, but I still enjoyed the multiplayer with some buddies.

One of my other reasons is that I hear nothing but comments about people hacking and cheating on the forums. For this reason I just cannot be arsed bothering with it.

People cheat in almost every game, it is almost inevitable. However, games get patched and the cheating comes to a halt. By this statement, I assume you don't like any multiplayer games.

Yeah OK I rented the game, but usually I will rent a game and then buy it if I really like it. I REALLY like Dead Space, but I hate this new thing EA have with needing a code (I guess CDKey is accurate) to play online. Oh but wait, you get a little free trial! Bullshit. Keep it IMO. I know this probably doesn't make much sense, but it does to me and I guess it's my own little personal boycott of EA.

You are right. This makes no sense at all. You just stated that you rent your games and if you like them then you buy them. So if you like them so much, go buy a new copy. I just sold a like-new copy of the game for $40 on Amazon. It was opened, but the Online Pass and Dragon Age 2 Armor codes were unused. $40 new for such a great game 2 weeks after it comes out is not an incredibly steep price.

Second, EA is not the only company doing this so these "EA is greedy" rants are quite old. THQ is doing the same thing with Homefront and there are many other games to follow in their footsteps. Two days is plenty of time to figure out if you like multiplayer or not. On top of all this, you can also buy a used game + the online code for cheaper than a new copy...

We pay for XboxLive Gold so we can play online, we shouldn't need to have some silly keycode that means we can't play online if we bought it second hand or rented it. Turning round and charging you what, 800MSP for an online pass? Like I said, keep it.

The price you pay for XBL has nothing to do with EA charging for multiplayer. Seeing as it comes FREE with new copies, game companies are using this online pass for several reasons. First, it allows them to make money on games that are resold. Companies lose alot of revenue to game rental sites/stores. When a game is bought used, game devs make no money, whereas if this person went and bought it new they would. It has nothing to do with EA being greedy. It costs alot of money yo make games and maintain the servers. EA also makes some of the best games out there so I have no problem buying a game new.

Second, this online code is in place to prevent privacy problems that have recently started to plague the video game industry. It was estimated that 10 million copies of Black Ops were pirated. I can no longer find the source but it was on shacknews.com. That is an extremely great deal of revenue. I blame people pirating games for this route that the devs are taking. I will almost put money on it that the next CoD will have an online pass. And the funny thing is, all the CoD fanboys will be bitch, but they will still play it.

To be honest, I think the games that truly exemplified multiplayer in all essence would have had to be COD 4 and Halo 2. In a way it was all good times with my friends, not this thing with modding, hell COD 4 mod lobbies were made for pure fun, and now people in other cod games other then 4 seems to exploit mods and ruin the gaming experience for everyone else and a lag switch is no exception. True gaming has been ruin by the modding generation of gamer.

The idea and premise of the Dead Space story welcomes an interesting multiplayer environment. I do enjoy the multiplayer when I make a premade group of friends that know how to play because it is fun then.

The only downsides of the multi-player is the lack of matchmaking; the experience of an individual who is level 40, on top of the perks they have, will easily dominate new players. They should have had a matchmaking to avoid such encounters...

I am really looking forward to Dead Space 3 expanding upon the multiplayer.

Also using AC3 as an example of how the game should not have multiplayer then I can easily assume your stuck in a FPS-tunnel vision mentality. Call of Duty & the Halo franchise follow the typical generic FPS formula. The fact that you believe that games such as Dead Space and Assassin's Creed shouldn't explore the possibilities of multiplayer makes you somewhat naive.

FYI; I loved Assassin's Creeds multiplayer.

I don't see why alot of people are bitching about the online for a game that didn't have any before. This was an experiment and it isn't perfect but i played it to level 20. Its only missing a match making feature and more game modes instead of the same old 4 levels over and over. As said above if you don't like it don't play it, unlike other games with shitty multiplayer DS2 doesn't force the gamer to play for achievements so all in all this was purely experimental and my bet would be that DS3 multiplayer will either be awesome or completly missing if they decide they want to devote all their attention to the single player. The EA codes are only bad if you rent/pirate/ or buy used. I have gamefly and I buy used games but if you truly like the game then you should buy it new, as long as they keep the multiplayer achievements out this isn't a problem with me. Need for Speed hot pursuit was an exception, you had to get an online pass and it had achievements but the multiplayer was awesome. So play the single player and enjoy a great game. :drunk

I know a lot of people will probably not agree with my views, but thats the point of discussion forums.. people posting their oppinions.. and these are mine.

It should of been co-op like in Splinter Cell... that would have been awesome

I'll answer that with whats been stated above. Not every game has to have multiplayer and co-op. I don't know why people push for that in every game now, it would ruin Dead Space with the current setup.

It probably is possible but it would require alot of scripted events where you wouldn't have control so it could scare you but the overall creepy feeling of being alone and not having any backup would be gone, thus the survivor horror would go with it.