Best and worst movies made into games

TESTUBE BABY 82

The Doom movie was crap, Dwayne Johnson couldn't act his way out of a sheet of bog roll IMO. Also the first Street Fighter movie, released in 1995, the movie had almost no connection to the game, and some of the casting was beyond daft! I mean come on, Jean Claude Van Damme as Guile? Roshan Seth as Dhalsim? WTF?! They only thing they got right was casting the late Raul Julia as M Bison.

Edited by RichXbox360
typos

I really would love to see them make Assassin's Creed. Not the horrible youtube ones, made from the makers. There was a point in The Tourist, with Johnny Depp, where he tried to escape from the bad guys in the bathroom. The shot reminded me of playing Assassin's Creed 2 in Venizia.

One of the best movies made into a game was Robocop, the first one, Robocop 2 and 3 were crap, 3 especially, but Robocop 1 had everything, scrolling shoot 'em up action, target practice, the photo ID level, everything, and it was one of the first Spectrum games I completed without an infinite lives POKE.

I agree the resident evil movies are pretty good conversions of games i liked all of them

I think Schism was actually referring to those as some of the worst movie versions of games.

OT: I thought the Silent Hill movie was pretty good. That director did a movie a while back called Brotherhood of the Wolf that I really liked, too.

Worst game-based movie that I can remember (and I haven't seen a lot of them) was probably Street Fighter. I remember thinking it was pretty bad, even as a kid.

Again, I haven't played a lot of movie-based games, but I thought the Ice Age game was actually pretty good. Have to remember it's made for kids. I really like the Lego Star Wars games, too.

Worst I've played is probably Eragon. That game was very repetitive and boring.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I always forget that there are sooooo many bad movies out there.

I find it hard to believe that there are people out there willing to put huge wads of funding up to produce absolute crap. LOL!!!

If they wanted to throw their money away couldn't they have just given it to me?

Have to agree Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter were terrible, and I can't believe they made a string of sequels to MK!!!! ....just awful!!

On the plus side, Tron 2.0 Killer App was a great game on the old xbox, loads of fun.

Edited by Opiate42