My Achievement Guide

SengIV

NCAA 08 Achievement Guide

By SengIV

FIRST OFF:

First off, if you want these achievements EXTREMELY easy, read the following. If not just skip this part.

1. Go to rosters and create a QB, WR, WR, HB and K with maxed out stats on a Top 5 team.

2. Save the roster as ROSTER01

3. Load ROSTER01

To turn off offsides go into Settings and Game Rules and turn it to 0.

READ ME:

Do not try to get all of these achievements in one game, it won’t work. Only 13 a game. Also, do not use Super Sim. Single team Dynasty means one team season, no more.

IN GAME:

Throw 4 TD Passes in a Game

Throw 4 touchdown passes in a single Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

15G

Make sure you do a lot of passing plays that have the receivers going long. If you know how to use the Impact Stick well then you should be good to go.

350 Total Passing Yards

Pass for 350 or more total yards in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

15G

This is very easy to get. Just throw a lot of long passes and you should have this.

200 Total Rushing Yards

Rush for 200 or more total yards in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

15G

Just make sure your team has a good running back or QB. Just run and use the Impact Stick and spin and hurdle. You will get this easily.

Player Passing Record in a Game

Break the game record for passing yards with one player (716) in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

25G

I found this one pretty tough on 5 minute quarters. So change it from 7-10 and just pass a lot. Pass, pass, and pass some more.

No Interceptions in a Game

Do not throw any interceptions in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

15G

This can be gotten with Super Sim. If not just pass once and then run the rest. Or just make sure to keep passing to wide open guys.

Win by 21

Win a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game by 21 points or more.

10G

Simple, score and do not let them score. This is easy and can be done even if you are not good at the game. I score at least 70 a game. They score 0.

Pass to 5 Different Receivers

Complete a pass to 5 or more different receivers in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

10G

Found it easy to pass to starting WRs. The TE. The FB. And the HB. There is your five.

100 Yard Receiver

Gain 100 or more receiving yards with a single player in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

10G

If going for your 350 or 717 passing yards this is simple. Just pass to the same guy over and over.

100 Yard Rusher

Rush for 100 or more yards with a single player in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

10G

This is easy. If going for your 200 or 407 rushing yards just rush with the same guy.

Complete a 30 Yard Pass

Complete a pass for 30 or more yards in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

10G

See ’60 yard pass’

Complete a 60 Yard Pass

Complete a pass for 60 or more yards in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

20G

Make sure you are 60 yards back and pass/run it; make it past 60 yards and the achievement will pop up.

Break a 30 Yard Run

Break a run for 30 or more yards in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

10G

See ’60 yard pass’

Break a 60 Yard Run

Break a run for 60 or more yards in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

20G

See ’60 yard pass’

Allow No Sacks

Do not give up any sacks in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

15G

Pass once then run the rest. Or just evade the oncoming defense.

Score 35 Points

Score 35 points or more in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

15G

Very easy, just score a lot.

Player Rushing Record in a Game

Break the game record for rushing yards with one player (406) in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

25G

This can be done on 5 min quarters. Just every play run with the same guy and NEVER do options. It makes the yards gained not count.

Intercept 2 Passes

Intercept 2 passes in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

15G

See ‘Player Interception Record’

Player Interception Record

Break the game record for interceptions with one player (5) in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

25G

Okay, this is a tough one. Set the quarters to 7-10 minutes and then just make sure you have the same guy out there every play on defense. Hope for the best. This requires 6 interceptions not 5.

Update: Easier way to do this. Set up a game of 7 min quarters. Now have two controllers, one on each team. The offense is in Hail Mary. The defense in basic cover 2. Now hike the ball with the QB and run back and to the right, so it should look like this: L. Now after that you need to wait till all the defenders are near the A reciever. Now press A. It should be picked, or close to it. Then when the defense turns to offense, punt on first down. Now repeat until achievement.

Return Interception for a TD

Return an interception for a touchdown on defense in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

20G

Very easy if you intercept it. Just run and use the Impact Stick to juke and spin and slam into the offense. If you get past the receivers it is a home stretch. The linemen cannot tackle you, to slow.

Return Fumble for TD

Score a touchdown after recovering a fumble on defense in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

20G

First you have to make them fumble. I recommend hit sticking the QB, usually works. Have someone pick it up and RUN!

Make 4 Sacks

Sack the opposing quarterback 4 or more times in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

20G

There is an easy way and a hard way. The easy way is to turn offsides off (see FIRST OFF on top of page) and stand next to the QB, when he hikes it BLAM! The hard way is to just stand off to side of the OL and wait for the hike and charge in. This could take awhile to do though.

Held Under 200 Yards

Hold the opposition to under 200 total yards in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

10G

See ‘Held Under 100 Yards’

Held Under 100 Yards

Hold the opposition to under 100 total yards in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

25G

Okay, for this you can do it with no offsides and just stand by the QB and sack the Punter. Or the hard way. Kick it out of bounds every time and try your best to stop the offense. You can easily stop them this way.

2 Sack Player

Make 2 sacks in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game with the same player.

10G

See ‘4 Sacks in a Game’

Score a Safety

Score a safety on defense in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

30G

Easy way is to run the ball to your 1 yard line and turn it over, and then just keep them in the backfield. Or a harder way is to keep backing them up and hope they get back far enough.

Shutout

Prevent your opponent from scoring any points in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

30G

Do not let them score. Pretty easy, kick it out of bounds on kick offs and stop them on every down.

Punt Return for TD

Return a punt for a touchdown in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

15G

This one is tough. Okay first off have the punt returner be fast and strong. I recommend a WR. Then when the punt happens run for your life. Impact Stick it, Spin and Hurdle, Stiff Arm. The works. Once you break the line it is a home stretch. Another way is to make the team you are playing against have 0 speed on everyone. They then move so slow you could walk past them.

Kickoff Return for TD

Return a kickoff for a touchdown in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

20G

See ‘Punt Return for TD’

50 Yard Field Goal

Kick a 50 or more yard field goal in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

25G

Okay, again make sure you are 50 yards back, line it up and kick. Pretty easy, most likely you will get a 51-60 yarder. Another thing you could do is have a really good kicker, with maxed stats. (See FIRST OFF at the top)

50 Yard Punt

Punt the ball 50 or more net yards in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

15G

See ’50 Yard Field Goal’

Block a Punt

Block a punt in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

25G

Easy way is to turn offsides off. Then stand next to the punter, about 3 feet in front of him. Wait for the hike then move in front of him, then when his leg moves up to punt press Y. Or the hard way is to run full throttle every time at the Punter and press Y.

Block a Field Goal

Block a field goal in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game.

25G

See ‘Block a Punt’

OUT OF GAME:

Ranked Game

Play a ranked game.

10G

Go to quick match and start up the game. Once the coin toss happens the achievement will pop up. Then either play the game our friendly quit.

BCS Conference Invite

Get an invite to a BCS conference in single team Dynasty Mode.

25G

Just play a season as a non-BCS Confrence team, (C-USA and the likes.) Then do well during that year and you should get an invite from a BCS Confrence team, accept one and you get the achievement.

Make Promise to a Prospect

Make a promise to a prospect in single team Dynasty Mode.

10G

Make a promise to one of the prospects in the offseason. There you go.

Conference Champs!

Win a conference championship game in single team Dynasty Mode or Campus Legend Mode.

10G

When the Conference Championship Game. Make sure the team you are playing as plays in a conference game and not just be the leader of the conference.

Heisman Memorial Trophy®

Win the Heisman Memorial Trophy® in single team Dynasty Mode or Campus Legend Mode.

25G

If your team is good enough and the players are good enough this should be a piece of cake. Or if you did the in game achievements during a season the players should be on the list.

Bowl Win

Win a bowl game in single team Dynasty Mode or Campus Legend Mode.

10G

Have your team be good enough to make it to a bowl game and win. National Championship included.

National Champions!

Lead your team to a BCS championship in single team Dynasty Mode or Campus Legend Mode.

30G

Have your team be number one and go to the BCS game and win. You get a nice trophy and a nice achievement.

Develop New Pipeline State

Develop a new pipeline state in single team Dynasty Mode.

25G

Get prospects from a state that is not a pipeline state and make it into one. Just get a lot of prospects from there.

Mr. February

Have the #1 ranked recruiting class in a season in single team Dynasty Mode.

30G

Create a lot of prospects from your state and during the season and pick them up, then in the offseason recruit a lot.

1-Star into 6-Star

Turn a 1-star prestige school into a 6-star prestige school in single team Dynasty Mode.

50G

Use Western Michigan. Then play a season, turn the sliders to AI sucks and User is the best. Then play a schedule against top teams. Make sure offsides is off, sack them and win the game. Might take a few seasons but you will get it.

Update: Easier way, use TCU with all their stats at 99 for everyone, then start season, sim and you will get this is about 5 seasons and BCS Invite.

Perfect Game

Bowl a 300 Game in a single player Bowling Mini-Game.

30G

Use fast teams and run a lot. Score every time to get it. Restart if you do not get it.

Win Tug-of-War

Win the Tug-of-War mini-game.

30G

Oh, man this is easy. Just make sure you score and move their team back.

High Score - Option Dash

Score 15,000 or more points in Option Dash.

30G

Okay, use Florida because Tebow is fast as a QB. Now run and pitch, if you break into the open do the following. Spin, Hurdle, Impact Stick Up, Impact Stick Left, Stiff Arm and repeat spinning. This will give you 10,000 right off.

5-Star Legend Prospect

Create a 5-star legend prospect.

20G

Make your campus legend able to be a 5 legend prospect.

Fill Up Legend Meter

Completely fill up the legend meter.

30G

I took over Tim Tebow of Florida and kept playing seasons to get player of the week, Heisman and others. Very easy to fill up.

Old Spice Red Zone Perfection

Complete a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game with a Red Zone Efficiency rating of 100%.

15G

Score in the Red Zone once then never again. Or make sure you score each time.

Old Spice Red Zone Shutout

Complete a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game without giving up a touchdown while in the Red Zone.

20G

Let them get into the red zone then do not let them score. Ta dah, now there you go.

Pontiac 4th Quarter Comeback

Win a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game when down by 14 to start the 4th qtr. (Min Difficulty: Varsity)

30G

Wow. I hate this one. Okay, do not score and let them score twice, then during the fourth quarter win the game.

Can you change the quarter minutes or does it have to be itleast 5 min?

For the Hold under 200/100 yards I just played 1min Quarters, scored on opening drive and then ran the clock out.

NCAA 08 Achievement Guide

By SengIV

Also, do not use Super Sim.

I disagree completely.

After setting up a powerhouse team, running Super Sim on 15 minute quarters will knock out the vast majority of the offensive achievements without even trying. Alternatively, 1 to 2 minute quarters will knock out the defensive ones.

You just have to pop in each quarter to see which achievements were unlocked by playing one down. You also have to play during the final few seconds of the game to get the overall game achievements. Hell, I hope they put Super Sim in entire Sports lineup.

I disagree completely.

After setting up a powerhouse team, running Super Sim on 15 minute quarters will knock out the vast majority of the offensive achievements without even trying. Alternatively, 1 to 2 minute quarters will knock out the defensive ones.

You just have to pop in each quarter to see which achievements were unlocked by playing one down. You also have to play during the final few seconds of the game to get the overall game achievements. Hell, I hope they put Super Sim in entire Sports lineup.

Okay, I will change it then. And I agree with you that every sport game should have it.

Looks good.

The hardest achievement in the game, without a doubt, is the six interceptions...I had to succumb to using two controllers. So if you have two controllers, here's how simple it is (5 in game minutes it gook me).

Offense uses the Hail Mary, Defense uses the dime 2 man under. Once the ball is hiked, wait 2-3 seconds, then hold up and tap A. The result should be a floater that your back safety should easily pick up...If that's not working, lower the QB's accuracy (that would be Human, not CPU) to around 35. Sorry for the complicated setup, but it works wonders if you can do it.

I can't block for the life of me!!

I have all penalties off, and so I just wait infront of the kicker, and once he puts his leg up, I press Y, but either it goes around my arm, or my player just sacks the Kicker!

Its really freakin annoying! haha

i turned off offsides then for punts. i stood about 5 yards behind the line so im closer. dont use turbo or run full speed then press Y about a second after he catches it. i had a problem with feild goals but its the same process. not sure if that helped any but thats what i did lol.

i turned off offsides then for punts. i stood about 5 yards behind the line so im closer. dont use turbo or run full speed then press Y about a second after he catches it. i had a problem with feild goals but its the same process. not sure if that helped any but thats what i did lol.

I did the same thing basically. I did it first try for FG block though and blocked Punt took me a few tries. Stand about five yards back and just time the jump it should work out okay.

Looks good.

The hardest achievement in the game, without a doubt, is the six interceptions...I had to succumb to using two controllers. So if you have two controllers, here's how simple it is (5 in game minutes it gook me).

Offense uses the Hail Mary, Defense uses the dime 2 man under. Once the ball is hiked, wait 2-3 seconds, then hold up and tap A. The result should be a floater that your back safety should easily pick up...If that's not working, lower the QB's accuracy (that would be Human, not CPU) to around 35. Sorry for the complicated setup, but it works wonders if you can do it.

I did this achievement similar. I can't remember the offensive play, but the TE ran up and cut the left right away. I used the best guy with catching on my bench and repalced the OLB. I hiked the ball and tapped the button and the QB lobbed the ball up and I picked off the ball six out of nine plays. If you can figure that out as well, it works easy enough

I used Western Michigan while I was turning them inot a 6 star. I got an invite to the Big 10. I probably got that after four years simmed?

Yeah, I just got my 4th star with WMU and I am on the national championship game in my 4th season so it should be coming soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...