• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

We are writing to you in relation to your order for the following item:

Cat.No: 52M-00124

Artist: XBOX 360 ACCESSORY

Title : 12 MONTH LIVE GOLD COD: BLACK OPS BRANDED MEMBERSHIP WITH FREE T-SHIRT

We are very sorry, but it has come to our attention that this item recently appeared on our web site at the incorrect price of £2.99, instead of the more typical price of £35.16. We trust that you will therefore understand that we are not in a position to process your order at this incorrect price.

We very much regret any disappointment or inconvenience this may cause. No doubt you will be wondering what your rights may be in this matter, but, as we trust our terms and conditions governing our online sales make clear, any contract with a customer placing an order is only entered into at the point when payment for the goods or services is actually received. As you may be aware, hmv has not yet taken payment from you for the goods listed above nor, indeed, taken the final step of confirming the shipment of your order to you by email (please see point b. in the section entitled 'The Contract Between US' on the first page of our Terms and Conditions). So we trust you will therefore appreciate that there is not a legal requirement to make this item available at the incorrect price.

Once again, we really are very sorry about having to take this course of action resulting from what is a genuine error on our part, and whilst we do, of course, very much value you as a customer we hope that you will also understand our position and that you will be kind enough to accept our most sincere apologies.

We appreciate that you may no longer wish to proceed with the order at the corrected retail price of £35.16, but if you do, then please place an order through hmv.com.

Busted.....

Well i have the recipt, and if you have one of them. YOU HAVE purchased that item. And you are entitled to the product your ordered. I am looking into this now and going to see what i can do in terms of threatening court.

They advertised it for 2.99. I expect my order to be delivered for 2 fucking 99. Another floor for them here. False advertising.

As you may be aware, hmv has not yet taken payment from you for the goods listed above nor, indeed, taken the final step of confirming the shipment of your order to you by email (please see point b. in the section entitled 'The Contract Between US' on the first page of our Terms and Conditions). So we trust you will therefore appreciate that there is not a legal requirement to make this item available at the incorrect price.

Thats the loophole they use to cancel the sale.

But in my accnt page on hmv it does not say its been cancelled tho, will wait and see as it say they are waiting on supplys comming.

The thing is, I know for a fact that they're wrong. This is not a normal order which hasn't been shipped yet, but a pre-order. Their website states that when you pre-order something, they will only charge you for the lowest price, so if you order it at £30, and it goes down to £20, and then goes back to £32, they will only charge you £20, or in this case, £2.99.

Well i have the recipt, and if you have one of them. YOU HAVE purchased that item. And you are entitled to the product your ordered. I am looking into this now and going to see what i can do in terms of threatening court.

They advertised it for 2.99. I expect my order to be delivered for 2 fucking 99. Another floor for them here. False advertising.

You are wrong on so many levels. Good luck suing HMV, y'know, one of the biggest companies around. You're acting as though they're in the wrong; they made a mistake, get over yourself.

You are wrong on so many levels. Good luck suing HMV, y'know, one of the biggest companies around. You're acting as though they're in the wrong; they made a mistake, get over yourself.

They ARE in the wrong. IT IS FALSE ADVERTISING. No company, no matter how big will risk customers and a reputation. Maybe watchdog could do something :) I put a Pre-Order on an item and i expect that item for the price it was advertised. Something simular happened when i ordered at TESCO, but not as drastic. And guess who got the item for the first advertised price...? After threatening court etc.

So dont go telling me i am wrong because this has happened before.

It is false advertising my boss told me when i worked for a retailer to make sure i got the prices right otherwise he had to sell it at that price.

And a few years ago i saw worms collection in game for £4.99 when i got to the till it came up at £15 guess what price i got it for.

Other wise i could have a shop full of 50 inch plasma tvs priced stupidly and keep the oh sorry thats a mistake excuse going

Any price offered is technically just a request for an offer and a company does not have to accept that offer. This is the loophole companies use for this sort of thing. False advertising does not refer to a price but to a product. For example if they advertise gold membership but you only receive a month etc...

You aren't getting it for this price, deal with it...