Wondering

Fracture

Hey guys,

Maybe a question that has been asked in the past...

But i have auto-renewal turned on on xbox live 3-monthly deal. I want it turned off without actually ringing them direct. So if i change my name in the payment details on my card will they still charge that card.

Or will it just end?

Ok i have just changed the name and now it says, in an orange box.. "ALERT.. The credit card on record is expiring soon.. FIX NOW" So this means? Hopefully it will stop this automatic renew bullcrap. BTW i am from UK and have no option to turn it off on website.

Thanks for any replys. Appreciate it. :)

I had to do this recently. I contacted them via email and they said the only way (apart from phoning up...fuck that) to end the auto renewal was to buy a prepaid membership card. The worst part is, there used to be a button on Xbox.com which let you turn off auto renewal, but now they've taken it away to try and take as much of your money as possible. Robbing bastards.

In answer to your question, if you are on auto renewal and they cant extract payment from your card for whatever reason, they ban your account until you clear your debts with them. Microsoft is shit.

I had to do this recently. I contacted them via email and they said the only way (apart from phoning up...fuck that) to end the auto renewal was to buy a prepaid membership card. The worst part is, there used to be a button on Xbox.com which let you turn off auto renewal, but now they've taken it away to try and take as much of your money as possible. Robbing bastards.

In answer to your question, if you are on auto renewal and they cant extract payment from your card for whatever reason, they ban your account until you clear your debts with them. Microsoft is shit.

first off, why did you sign up for automatic renewal if you seem to hate it so much? why is that big of a deal? I understand the OP problem, but your just complaining, also if Microsoft (surprised you didnt write Micro$oft) is such "shit" then why do you even bother playing xbox? gosh, can people do ANYTHING without finding some little problem and that ruins the whole experience?

To summarise what I did say in my first post:

• Don't try and deceive them with false information - they'll ban you.
  • The only way to turn off auto renewal, apart from phoning up support, is buying a prepaid card.
  • There used to be a button, but they took it away (in the UK at least)
  • Microsoft will ALWAYS try to rob you blind.

I signed up for auto renewal in the first place because I didnt have the cash for a prepaid card at the time. I thought I'd be able to turn it off at any point; apparently not.

I love Xbox, but don't like being ripped off. I'm sure many people feel the same. The fact that Microsoft demand too much money is common consensus

Edited by Necrosis102

is it really that hard to call them? I did it and it took 10 minutes. OMG that's so terrible..

OP Pick up a phone and call. its really not that hard.

Yes when you cant understand them. People like you mate, make the internet a shit place.

Thanks mate, so if i buy a 3 months live card.. how long will it take for auto-renewal to turn off?

Even if you buy a prepaid card ,auto renewal will not turn off.You can only turn it off by phone call.I'm 100% sure for this.

By buying a prepaid card before your membership expires they will not try to charge your credit card so you will have no problems.But if your membership expire then they will ban your account until you get a new credit card so they can take the money from it.

I had an auto renewal going for a while, couldn't turn it off via xbox.com because they took off that link. Considered changing the CC details, but heard about how they might ban, so I didn't bother risking it. In the end, I just phoned them up and cancelled it that way, wasn't too bad, to be honest, took maybe 10mins or so.

Buying a membership card doesn't cancel the auto-renewal, but it does stop them from charging your card or banning you if they can't take your money.

is it really that hard to call them? I did it and it took 10 minutes. OMG that's so terrible..

OP Pick up a phone and call. its really not that hard.

This attitude is unsurprising coming from an American. It's easy for you to talk to another American, but I'm from Liverpool (that's in the UK btw, shit, it's not in the US!) and even other Brits sometimes have difficulty understanding our accent. If the call is outsourced to somewhere like India, the problems only get worse as I then have difficulty understanding them as well as them not understanding me.

This doesn't need to go any further, the OP's question has been answered. Sorry OP, but the only way to stop the auto renewal is to phone them up, but buying a card stops them from charging you.

Essentially, yes (unless you phone them and specifically demand they remove your credit card details). You'd have to buy new membership cards near the end of each one to make sure they don't ban you. I personally bought a 12 month card so I don't have to worry about renewal until next year, but if you really want them to stop charging your card you'll need to phone them up I'm afraid.