List of Known Credit Boosting Methods

ODST Kayne

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlucky mate but it was inevitable. It's gonna be pretty difficulty for you now though because since your commendations have not been reset, you cannot re-earn all those credits again. :S

That's true I'll have to aim for the Multiplayer matchmaking commendations (which will take a very long time) since I haven't done alot of them and other secondary commendations for the firefight and campaign like using side arms and automatic weapons. I do know that it will take a long time, but I really only wanted the last achievement now I don't have to hurry.

Of course this method would get you reset, you're relying on something external to the game (unplugging your network ) to cheat the game. It's cool that it works but also not surprising at all that it'll get you reset. Bungie has said as long as you're working in-game to get your cR you won't get reset. Once you go out of the game and start messing with your networking or second profiles or whatever other method, you go on the reset list.

I guess if your goal was to turbo to Lt Col and get the achievement for buying something at that level then it doesn't matter.

Well now I know it for sure, as I said I risked it but to be honest at the beginning I didn't know it was wrong. I mean I discovered it unintentionally as I said in one of the posts my router kept disconnecting and so I noticed the trick, so I started using it. The same day I discovered online something called resetting challenges, at the time I thought the two methods were different, unfortunately I was wrong. The fact remained that I had already used it, so I simply kept using it as a test to see if I got banned and to get to Lt. Colonel and get me the achievement before I got banned since i had already used more then a couple of times.

The point is I'm surprised bungie is not making the fact that resetting challenges gets u banned more clear, i mean why not make an in game announcement. I rarely open twitter, facebook or bungie.net so when I started I had no idea what I was doing, well maybe I knew it wasn't really correct to do, but I didn't know bungie cared that much to ban 15,000 players.

I'm not trying to complain about the fact i got banned, I pretty much deserve it, but i did start using the trick even before I knew what resetting challenges meant. Well anyway i guess what's done is done. guess I'll have to start from scratch and this time work hard for the credits.

i've done flawless cowboy up to max onyx. after it hits silver its only 50 credits each time and when demon hits silver its nothing unless it goes to gold and onyx. i've done this in chunks over the span of like a week and bungie hasnt done anything so its safe but extremely boring. i just want the commendations up, if your looking for lots of points then its only good until it hits silver.

IMO the best way to get heavy weapon kills is going in sniper on corvette and waiting grunts to come for you, kill one with fuel rod, pick it up and then just blast away with unlimited ammo! :p You can get about 100 kills per game

I really hope the OP will read this. I have no way to make a video. I have been practicing this myself for a long time and our friend DS is right :) So here is an explanation, to cut and paste for the first post :

GET LOUD COMMENDATION IN FIREFIGHT :

1) The best way to boost this commendation is playing Sniper Attack on Corvette.

Problem is, this game type doesn't appear often. Click NONE OF THE ABOVE untill you find the Corvette map. If Sniper Attack is there (at the bottom), then good. If not, see point 2).

• Corvette has 120 enemies, but you won't kill more than 70-100 because of the Sniper Jackals, and because you will be tempted to lay low and let them come. Half of them will never do so, so when you reach the time limit, you will have missed about 1 entire wave.

• Choose the Evade ability, the Sangheili one that allows you to double-roll. Enter the map from the right side facing the weapon rack, go up the left ramp and snipe a black Grunt with a fuel-rod, he will be in the back of the lower floor, probably on the left. Jump down, Evade, pick his gun and Evade back to your ramp.

• From here you can pick-up any Grunt that comes up. Stay back, nobody can touch you here until the Jackal Snipers arrive. When needed and the cost is clear, Evade to the safe house and replenish your health. Go back up and from the second wave, stand in the back of the little tunnel there, killing what comes to you. Don't be greedy if nothing comes for a few seconds. Just fire at the ceiling so they know where you are. Just come out to check on things when you feel comfortable.

I usually get 70-80 heavy weapon kills, 800 cr and 14000 points with this method.

2) If Sniper Attack isn't available on Corvette, use Waterfront.

Choose the Armor Lock ability. Wait for 10 seconds. Get down on the left side, and you will find a black Grunt near the tunnel entrance. There is only one and there's a horde of Grunts so you will die. A lot. Maybe another black one will have a Plasma Launcher. Forget this weapon. Kill the one with the Fuel-Rod with your Magnum, drop it for his weapon.

• Run back to your spawning point, take the stairs on the right side and go up the roof. Stay CROUCHED on the roof, looking directly at what is coming up the stairs, and shoot. When crouched, a pipe behind you will prevent you from being sniped in the back. You can stay there the whole time, but beware of the last wave because Jackals can jump on the roof.

This map nets you between 50-70 heavy weapon kills every time. Maybe you can get lucky and get 100, but I wouldn't count on it because that would mean running around, and dying, and so losing your weapon and having to recover it.

I made a Screenshot of where you should stand, crouched. You can see it by making a custom file search and typing my Gamertag. It's called Waterfront and I have only one :)

Edited by Asturgis

Proof you won't be banned for Flawless Cowboy:

Hello friends,

The Online Credit Limit is a daily cap on Credit earn - it does reset so come tomorrow you can continue your earnapalooza.

We've seen other systems come and go where rampant abuse of progression systems has devalued the online ecosystem and the Online Credit Limit is just one of many countermeasures against these activities.

Actually playing your favorite gametype or checkpoint in Reach isn't going to get you banned, but it may get you to the cap faster.

Thanks,

-luke

Since you get a checkpoint right as the cutscene triggers, doing the "loop" is not in any way illegal.

I'm sure bungie will fix it with their first update mid october, so go ahead and get it out of the way :)

Doing anything that involves network manipulation can get you banned.

Besides, just play Score Attack (he mentiones RocketFight which isn't a part of Score Attack but plays SniperFight which is); Less chance of getting a ban/reset (though less chance of Rockets)...