Which was harder? Reach/Killzone 2/WaW/MW2

Garza

Hey guys. PLEASE do not start a Flame war and stuff.

I was just wondering, a majority of people claim that Reach is the hardest so far on legendary. Yet I am no halo Veteran as I bought an Xbox before they annouced the slim (>.<) for Halo Reach. I recently completed it on Legendary and I couldn't complain about the legendary difficulty. Yet there are sooooo many here complaining and being frustrated, who eventually give up.

But have you guys even played World at War on the hardest difficulty?? Now that on the hardest difficulty was crazy!! Grenade spams and there was no set amount of enemies. If you didn't push then they would just keep pumping out guys at you. To me WaW easy/normal mode is the same as Reach's Legendary.

And Killzone 2..... That wass harddd as well. Have any of you guys completed Killzone 2 on the hardest difficulty? Now that is insanely hard.

Modern Warfare was alright, but Spec Ops was harder.

Do you guys think that Reach's Legendary is on the same level as Killzone 2, WaW or MW2?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WaW was probably the hardest, but winning was more related to luck than skill in my opinion.

I didn't have any trouble with MW at all, save the very last airplane level.

Haven't played Killzone, I don't like the PS3 controller at all. Feels like its designed for tiny elf hands or something.

Reach's legendary I found was the easiest of the Halos on legendary without a doubt, but it was by far the most fun of any hardest difficulty game I've ever played. I found it was much more skill based, the AIs were very smart (enemy AI, not friendly) and it took skill and cunning to outmaneuver them.

The hardest game I've ever played I think was by far Halo 2 on Mythic (legendary with the mythic skull turned on)

WaW was probably the hardest, but winning was more related to luck than skill in my opinion.

I didn't have any trouble with MW at all, save the very last airplane level.

Haven't played Killzone, I don't like the PS3 controller at all. Feels like its designed for tiny elf hands or something.

Reach's legendary I found was the easiest of the Halos on legendary without a doubt, but it was by far the most fun of any hardest difficulty game I've ever played. I found it was much more skill based, the AIs were very smart (enemy AI, not friendly) and it took skill and cunning to outmaneuver them.

The hardest game I've ever played I think was by far Halo 2 on Mythic (legendary with the mythic skull turned on)

Yeah im with you on reach, I had a blast playing it on legendary. I would say killzone is very good as well, shame now i realised that the control is not the same, even though it tries to be realistic, it's very... unusual.

To me, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was the hardest game to beat on the highest difficulty. Modern Warfare 2 was super easy, Halo Reach is 2nd.

To me COD2 was the hardest one, and MW1 and MW2 were both easy as can be.

My brother played MW1 then COD2 and he said hte exact opposite. Its just a question of which one you played first. That's gonna be hte ahrdest and then you adapt and they become easy

Haven't played Killzone, but WAW was definitely the hardest, with all of those bloody granade spams...it was hell lol.

mw2 would come next followed by modern warfare number 1 (with the exception of mile high club)

I thought Reach was relatively easy, alot easier that halo 3..

To me COD2 was the hardest one, and MW1 and MW2 were both easy as can be.

My brother played MW1 then COD2 and he said hte exact opposite. Its just a question of which one you played first. That's gonna be hte ahrdest and then you adapt and they become easy

Now that you reminded me, yes CoD 2 was the hardest one. I never got past the level where you're inside a house and there is wave after wave of enemies outside and you're supposed to run behind other houses to get to the checkpoint. MW was easy mode compared to CoD 2.

Now that you reminded me, yes CoD 2 was the hardest one. I never got past the level where you're inside a house and there is wave after wave of enemies outside and you're supposed to run behind other houses to get to the checkpoint. MW was easy mode compared to CoD 2.

I reckon if you revisit COD2 you'd probably call cod2 easy ;)

I actually found MW rather easy considering I played through it on normal first but with WAW, MW2 and Reach my first attempts were on vet/leg. That being said I would prob say Reach was the hardest, maybe its due to it being fresh in my head but I find the CoD series has a similar feel to each game (ie one shot kills, limited vehicles) which having played WW2 shooters online since like 2002 it becomes second nature.

MW/MW2/CoD2 I completed on veteran over a 3 day stint.

Killzone 2/Resistance 2 were probably best FPS I played but not too difficult.

World At War took me a week of getting the hump and coming back to but I done it.

Halo Reach/Halo 3/Halo ODST I completed all 3 games on Legendary on my own before joining with others and they were all really easy tbh.

So to me WaW is hardest.

Oh my god, WaW without a doubt. I spent a year attempting to finish that game on Veteran. Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty Classic are also very tough. Killzone 2 had a cover system which made it much easier.

Yeah...Reach on Legendary took me 4 days. WaW was a year. That speaks for itself.

Oh, as for MW2. I refuse to ever do Wet Work again. Not even for a friend. I did it once and that's enough.

COD 1 hands down on XBLA since they had healt and no medic kits. That was more frustrating then MW 1 on veteran in the missile silos when the timer ticked. MW2 was easy combared to that one. Not played killzone exept the PSP version. I got WAW on PC not on Xbox so I did not get around to play that one on Vet. Only COD game I've yet to play on Vet.

I would put it like this

COD 1

MW 1

Reach

COD 3 "when playing as the Polish at the top of the hill"

Doom 1 on Xbla. The last episode there was a B*tch on ultraviolent mode difficulty for the last of the SP achivements

Edited by Balc0ra