GH SotW 11: "2 Minutes to Midnight" GH5

litepink

Stufin hasn't been on since the 26th, what gives? So I figured I would post the SotW for him this week. Hopefully he will be around to resume his duties. I chose the songs for SotW12 at random.

------------------------------------------------------------------

SotW11

Song: 2 Minutes to Midnight - Iron Maiden - GH5

Also, vote for next week's song! Reply in this thread with your choice-

“Float On” - Modest Mouse - World Tour

“B.Y.O.B.” - System of a Down - World Tour

“Mother” - Danzig - Hits

“Them Bones” - Alice in Chains - Hits

“Turn the Page” - Bob Seger - GH: Metallica

“Albatross” – Corrosion of Conformity - GH: Metallica

“Bag it Up” - Oasis - DLC

“Commotion” - CCR - DLC

“Bleed American” - Jimmy Eat World - GH5

“21st Century Schizoid Man” - King Crimson - GH5

Banner Collection Thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2199512#post2199512

Rules

The Judging will be broken down into the following categories:

Guitar:Medium, Hard, Expert

Drums:Medium, Hard, Expert

Bass: Medium, Hard, Expert

Vocals:Medium, Hard, Expert

Each Difficulty will have 3 places (1st, 2nd, and 3rd). First place will be represented by a Gold Star, 2nd a Silver Star and 3rd will be a Bronze Star

You may only enter one difficulty per instrument, but can enter as many instruments as you want. If you win that division then you must move up a difficulty for the next week, or you can choose to wait a week then you can enter any difficulty again.

E.g.: You win Hard guitar and lose Medium drums. You will have to either play Expert guitar or not enter at all but you can enter drums on any difficulty level. If you win Expert level you cannot move down until you do not place first.

You may enter as many scores as you want and the highest will be used in the competition. To enter your score you must post a screenshot/photo on which the score, instrument and difficulty is clear to see. Do not edit your post just post again with the new score (this is a just in case as I might miss edits). Try to upload pictures then adding attachments as this lowers the bandwidth. Screenshots from the GHcommunity website may be accepted depending on what is shown. If you are using GH community I would like to see the following:

· Score

· Instrument

· Difficulty

· Gamertag

· The score must be from the Recent performances list

· The date at which the screenshot was taken (highlight your time in the bottom right corner and the date should appear in the screenshot)

If you include a pic of the screen on your tv but is not 100% clear but backed up with a post of GHC score this will also be accepted.

Each song is chosen from a numbered list by a spreadsheet using a random generator. If it is a song you don't like please don't complain or not enter, we want this to become a popular event.

The latest time to post scores will be 11:59pm GMT on the Sunday. Any scores posted after this time will not be accepted.

The winners of the week will receive a banner that they can use to display what they have won. Each time they win it will be updated with their 5 most recent wins. To collect you banner please visit the banner collection thread (link at the top of the page).

Last thing have fun and please don't get annoyed with each other and just enjoy the game. Let's keep this a regular event so come on guys start posting. Final note this won't end if not many turn up to post, it will continue because that’s the only way to get this to become a popular event.

Credits:

Stufin135 (that's me, you know I got to do this)

TwistedFate for making the banners happen and this whole event happen

and me LP ;)

Edited by litepink

I'm trying to get into this, but I can't link my game. Error: Username already taken. Can I still submit my score?

Yes you can, just take a picture with a digital camera, cell phone or something (capture card etc.) and post it here. Just remember to show yor song name, difficulty, gamertag and score in the pic ;)

And litepink, I think you can add poll to your thread even after you've created it, not 100% sure though...

edit: Oh well.. obviously you can't make a poll after posting the thread but you can add the next week songs on the first post and then collect the votes from peoples posts in the thread :p

Edited by Jappe XBA

Vote with your REPLY for next weeks song:

“Float On” Modest Mouse - World Tour

“B.Y.O.B.” System of a Down - World Tour

“Mother” Danzig - Hits

“Them Bones” Alice in Chains - Hits

“Turn the Page” Bob Seger - GH: Metallica

“Albatross” – Corrosion of Conformity - GH:Metallica

“Bag it Up” - Oasis - DLC

“Commotion” - CCR - DLC

“Bleed American” - Jimmy Eat World - GH5

“21st Century Schizoid Man” - King Crimson - GH5

suppose i should vote too, ha. my vote is for "Float On". Don't have Metallica or Smash Hits and dont feel like playing a 7 min song over and over again (King Crimson)

christ, someone got six stars!? i cant even get through it on Expert guitar, my score will be for Hard this week.

made a bunch of runs on all instruments today, hopefully others will join in!

I did a run on drums but I don't know if I wanna put the score up. I'm probably the only one entering for expert drums. It's just not very exciting, because there's only few people entering every week. I might still do guitar on this, because that would give me an FC if I wanna beat bunny.

Edited by B4d33nD

Expert drums

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1894/dsc00691lm.jpg

Expert bass

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4586/dsc00694n.jpg

Expert guitar (self made up SP path, got me 33th on leaderboards lol)

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/2104/dsc00695s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

SotW 10

Contest is closed.

Winners

BASS

Expert

1st: B4d33nD

2nd: jappe66

DRUMS

Medium

1st: jappe66

Hard

1st: litepink

Expert

GUITAR

Hard

1st: jappe66

Expert

1st: GWagner250

2nd: B4d33nD

VOCALS

Expert

1st: litepink

SotW 11

Contest is closed.

Winners

BASS

Expert

2nd: jappe66

DRUMS

Expert

1st: Gungale

2nd: B4d33nD

GUITAR

Expert

2nd: Bunny0ni0n

3rd: jappe66

VOCALS

Haha yes I am going to start it up again :p lol.

I will update the banners latter today, I have to go out for some now so can't do it this second. The winning vote was Float on so play that I guess, post scores here till i post a new thread :). Oh and it will close saturday like usuall. Thank pink for trying to help :).