Lips Power pack... wishes granted?

MyTinyGamer

i loaded up lips this morning, just to check for challenges and got offered not one but two additions to the game. the first was an update, striking me as odd as it's not the first time i've played the disc. then i was prompted to download the free lips power pack, offering auto mic calibrations amongst other things. since doing these updates, i've noticed changes in the game. you no longer have to change game options to switch from single mode to coop, and if you issue challenges IT SENDS A MESSAGE! something so simple and yet overlooked by the dev team. don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet. i didn't see anything on the forum, so i thought i'd just wave a flag and let people know.

The leaderboards are a nice addition (really should have been in the game to begin with) but I've also noticed that the vibrato has changed. It is much harder to get a vibrato bonus.

For example, on Yellow, I used to be able to get around 20x bonus. Now its only 3 to 4.

Another thing they've altered is the infinity rank. I managed it on 4 songs today when previously I was only able to get it on Bust a Move.

Definately changes for the better...

Oh boy do I feel like I suck at Lips after the update :D

I love the leaderboard function but wonder how could anyone get those 3 million+ anymore... I constantly end up being something like the 421st on the list LOL

Time will tell if I think this was a great implementation or not, right now I've got a bit mixed feelings about it, some stuff is great but some not so :)

I believe it is a great improvement. Before people could rub the mic on their clothes and post an insanely high score. (Which was not fair) Now it requires some decent singing and well timed use of Starpower.

Before the update, I believed I was pretty average. Now looking on the leaderboards I can see I'm actually alright. Not to brag but I managed to get 2nd spot on Straight Lines/Swing Life Away and 4th on Island in the Sun.

Edited by Shelton

I thought I was pretty decent before the update, never cheated by rubbing the mic anywhere but now I guess I'm pretty bad :D

Have to try it few more times to see if I manage to get any better, yesterday evening was just a bit of a shock to notice that so much has changed. I think in the end I'll agree it was a really good thing to change so much and like I said already, the leaderboard thing is absolutely great :)