Any Other Zune Users?

rvlution

I have one, and I completely regret it, and I'm not afraid to say it. The software has lots of bugs and the occasional messup. It really just hasn't been around enough to get. If there is anyone considering it, wait a year or so for improvements to come. Getting an iTouch for Christmas.

I've had mine for two years and never had a single software bug or messup of any kind. I love it.

I previously owned an iPod and had the thing crash, the battery die and the hard drive fail multiple times within eight months of owning it.

Takes from that what you will. :)

I have a 60GB video which has not given me a hiccup until recently. It spends a large amount of its in the car to replace the radio, and as such gets charged a lot, so now the battery is starting to fail. I have considered buying another make but Ive had such good luck with my iPod that Im resistent to change. Are Zunes really better? I guess it depends on what the responder has.

I've been thinking of getting one, but I don't have much need for one at the moment. I've got an 80g iPod Video and I've only used up about 48g, 44g is music, 4g is television shows. I haven't had a problem with my iPod since I got it. This is my second iPod I've owned. The first one crapped out on me after about two or three years or so, and this one I've had for about three or so. The only issue I've had with my current iPod is that I dropped it, it broke in half, but I snapped it back together and it has been working fine ever since.

The only thing that makes me want to get a Zune is the fact that you can download from anytime or anywhere... At least to my knowledge. Plus unlimited downloads for 15 bucks a month or whatever seems pretty cheap. I've got a lot of music I love. The only problem I have is, I don't know how wide their music collection is.

I have had my refurbished 30GB Zune for a year and a half now. It sometimes resets when I get a static shock, but that's actually a good thing. It always comes back with no issues. I would prefer the smaller V2 80 or 120GB one but only because I think it's better looking and slimmer, I have no actual reason to upgrade.

I love the software, I even listen to music with it on my PC. No need for WMP anymore. I have all my music in it with no issues and none of it is DRM.

I've never had an iPod and never lioked iTunes when I used it, but I've not used it in a few years. It may be better now.

I don't have access to the marketplace, but I wish I did and the subscription model is great for discovering new music. And you now get to keep 10 tracks each month for free with your $15 fee.

I think the anly advantages over Zune that iPod's might have (not including the iTouch) is if you have already purchased iTunes songs and need an Apple player to use them. There is also a ton of accessories for iPods and Zune has too small a market share to compete in that category.

The iTouch looks very slick, though.

I have an 8 GB red Zune and have been wanting to upgrade for awhile. I've been deleting old music for new music for a long time. I would like to be able to hold all of my stuff including videos and podcasts. One of the only things I don't like about Zune Marketplace is the interface is kind of bland and the lack of movies. There could also be more TV shows.

That really isn't a big issue. Once you download something, you own the file (unless of course you downloaded it illegally), so even if you pay and download it through iTunes, you can import the file to your Zune software and put it on your Zune device. Keep using iTunes to download you music if you want, you can turn around and use it all with the Zune no problem.

Yep, Zune owner here. I got an old 30GB and a 16GB, and both are great! I would love an Ipod Touch/IPhone of the apps, but I'm happy with the Zunes. I got the 30GB not too long after it came out, and used it for a long time, for movies, etc. Then I got a 16GB a month ago for the gym, loving it. Too bad they're not for sale in Australia.

I bought a Gen2 4GB over an iPod. I don't see the use for one. I just want something to listen to music and is easy to use.

I couldn't of been happier with the Zune. Don't have to worry about iTunes intalling the same update 40 times, eating my RAM, nothing; nada zip.

Plus when I have leftover MS Points I can buy music. Woo!

That really isn't a big issue. Once you download something, you own the file (unless of course you downloaded it illegally), so even if you pay and download it through iTunes, you can import the file to your Zune software and put it on your Zune device. Keep using iTunes to download you music if you want, you can turn around and use it all with the Zune no problem.

Yeah, but then it defeats the purpose of having the Zune. The thing I liked was being able to download music directly no matter where you're at.

OK i own a 30 gig zune and a 8 gig ipod touch and i wont lie the ipod touch is nice but i like the zune a lot better. I wouldn't even have a ipod if it wasn't for pandora radio. Ive went through, so far 3 ipods and im still on my first zune from 3 years ago. Each one of them have there good things and bad things.

The only thing i have to say bad about my zune is sometimes when i listen to it too loud it will reset on me. but other then that use the thing all the time.

Also you don't need a credit card to have a zune. You can buy music with Microsoft points just like you would bonus content on your xbox 360. I think that cool.