The real reason you can´t get 1000 in this game

Martininja

I register just to post this, and ask a little question...

First, you can´t get 1000p becouse the "Relic Weapon" achievement doesnt work at all, you may not know this but there is a high end game forum called Blue Gartr, where a lot of people already have relic weapons, weapons that costs milions of gil and take about 2 years to complete, they have discussed this some times, people with xbox 360, we have done everything that we could imagine to unlock this and doesnt work. Even people with (I know it sounds crazy, but its true...) 2 relic weapons could not unlock it.

My score now is 610 (could be 650 with this achievement), my question is, is there anywhere we can report broken achievements? Square Enix has the worse custumer suport on earth and have enough problems to solve with hacked accounts and real money trade to start to care about this little problem, so anywhere on the microsoft site or something?

Its not a normal achievement, I think it is the hardest achievement of all xbox 360 games to date and till the end of his life (trust me on this, it realy is) so it should AT LEAST WORK!

By the way, the "Complete all treasures of AU" achievement also didn´t worket for a week after they released the final mission to the game, then they fixed it, so its possible to fix this one too.

No one can give it to you, you must obtain it by yourself since the item is rare (you can only have 1 in your possession) and exclusive (cannot be traded, selled or anything).

At the end of the big quest, some ghost npc appears and congrats you.. here is the scene where a paladin geting his Excalibur (Relic Sword), take a look:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrl8sce02Qg]YouTube - Excalibur Final Cutscene[/ame]

So i am sure the game register it, you cannot repeat this scene never again, thats why some players make a video of it. Theres nothing else to do after this scene but do another relic weapon, starting the quest again holding a diferent kind of weapon.

Ah, I see what you mean. Hopefully they fix this up for you. It would suck to put up that kind of work and not get the achieve. Then again if you're playing ff enough to have a relic weapon achievements probably aren't your driving gamer motivations.

Good luck with your predicament. And damn dude! You got a relic that takes some serious effort.

• 4 months later...

most things you do in FFXI require a end cutscene that is not nessesary to obtain the item.. do you have to go back to the goblin and get a last cutscene? because most of the FFXI achievements are based on titles yes? as for it being impossible.. did you get the relic weapon on your 360 or did u get it on PS2 or PC and then switch to 360? that could vary well be the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

You don't have to just get the relic weapon, you also have to upgrade it. Then you can get the achievement from a bard.

There is one guy who got 1000GS in FFXI:

g3n3rik

Edited by icy1007

For the guy who didnt beleve me, well, no point in telling my name, sarver and gamertag since i already sold my account, but search blue gartr forums, theres like 10 people with relics and no achievement there, and for ice1007 obviously didnt read the post, of course i know you have to upgrade it, and I already told I have a Mandau, full upgraded Dagger. But just a new teory, they realeased new "relic weapons" on this last june update, so there you go, maybe is now possible to get that achievement.

For the guy who didnt beleve me, well, no point in telling my name, sarver and gamertag since i already sold my account, but search blue gartr forums, theres like 10 people with relics and no achievement there, and for ice1007 obviously didnt read the post, of course i know you have to upgrade it, and I already told I have a Mandau, full upgraded Dagger. But just a new teory, they realeased new "relic weapons" on this last june update, so there you go, maybe is now possible to get that achievement.

ok. but how convenient that you sold your account. what's your gamertag?

Amazing, ppl like this guy who sells their account is one of the reasons ingame economy can suck.

Probably sold to IGE and then sold to another RMT.

I Sold to my cousin, i am prety sure the economy didnt sufer a thing about it lol. And what a hypocrite thing to say, lets see if someone offers U$2,000 for your account and lets see you telling them oh hell no, i dont want ruin the game that i will never play again economy, i will just delete my character. Yeah right, this is what gonna heapen lol.

Ice, people who have 1000 before this june update is a hacker, period, thats my point, and cheking my gamertag is not gonna change that, no one should have the "Relic Weapon" achievement. becouse 1: its not working, 2: maybe works now with the new relics, but you should take at least 1 year to get your hands on it if you start doing the quest now. Its hard to debate this couse its hard to find people who plays over 4 years, play on 360 and care about the achievements at the same time, but its true.

• 2 weeks later...

Its oficial, the Relic Weapon achievement is for the new relics, they are easier to get compared do the 100+ milion gil you need for the old one, but its not an easy task, for start you need to climb Nyzul isle assault up to floor 100 2 times, kill all AU kings (medusa, cerberus and kimaira) kill odin, get 100,000 points in einhanjar to get one key item... with this key item you need to clear all 50 assault missions and a bunch of other things, so good luck :woop:

Also i recomend change the info on the guide.

well if it's true for another way to get relic weapon then it'll be posted on ffxiclopedia and allahkazham. if it's not on one of those sites it's a bogus story to point out gullable ppl. as far as selling accounts it has nothing to do with ingame economy and contributes to communism ;P other than that the relic achievement wouldn't be bogus because of new relic weapons that came in the update. it wouldn't be an achievement at all if it was just waiting for all relics to be introduced to the game. really i can care less about the achievement not working only for the fact that i'll never have a relic weapon fully upgraded. rather spend my gil on crafting to 100.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have 570 gamerscore so far in FFXI:

5 Lv 75 jobs, rank 10 in all nations, ZM missions complete, CoP complete, ToAU complete, Captain Mercenary rank, Synth of 100, Apollyon Ravager, as well as the 20 dinky upgrades added in WoTG.

As far as Relic weapons go, for anyone that has managed to devote that much time, effort, gil, and energy to completing one, 40 Gamerscore is a slap in the face when you have people going and renting kids games and getting 1k in a night considering the months to years you have spent getting a petty 40. For those of you that have never played FFXI, know this, relic weapons by far surpass just about anything any other game on Xbox can throw at you as far as achievements go, cause it isn't just 1 person slaving away; that 1 person has also had the help of tons of friends in achieving this goal. To put it into perspective, not only have they devoted all of the above mentioned in attaining this item, but so have all of their friends!

As far as the new "relic" weapons, SE just announced recently that they will be known as "Mythic Weapons, and yes, they will be roughly as hard/time consuming as Relics.

Good luck!

PS. Gamertag is Voch and I have been playing for over 4 years (started on PS2).