Suikoden fans?

Postmodernmartyr

I never had a PSone so I kinda missed out on a lot of good RPGs. The problem with trying to go back and play games you missed is that I find a lot of the old games REALLY tough to play, just because of how grainy or poor the graphics are by today's standards..

That being said, my coworker convinced me to play Suikoden 1 and I thought it was one of the better games I've played in a long time. It's got that sort of timeless animation style like FFVI, where despite how old it is, the graphics don't really get outdated. It's just too bad it's at least $100 to buy Suikoden 2 off ebay. I've already grabbed copies of 3-5 and they're just collecting dust on my shelf until I get the urge to actually shell out the money for 2.

I never had a PSone so I kinda missed out on a lot of good RPGs. The problem with trying to go back and play games you missed is that I find a lot of the old games REALLY tough to play, just because of how grainy or poor the graphics are by today's standards..

That being said, my coworker convinced me to play Suikoden 1 and I thought it was one of the better games I've played in a long time. It's got that sort of timeless animation style like FFVI, where despite how old it is, the graphics don't really get outdated. It's just too bad it's at least $100 to buy Suikoden 2 off ebay. I've already grabbed copies of 3-5 and they're just collecting dust on my shelf until I get the urge to actually shell out the money for 2.

Yeah, you can't start 3 without finishing and mastering 2... unfortunately, 3 was the worst one I played... and it was still really good... never got to play 5, heard lot's of good things...

But trust me, if you enjoyed the first one (and recruited all 108 stars, cuz if not, go ahead and go back and do that first, it'll be worth your while :) ) and can afford, Suikoden 2 is worth every penny... really one of the greatest games I've ever played...

Yeah, you can't start 3 without finishing and mastering 2... unfortunately, 3 was the worst one I played... and it was still really good... never got to play 5, heard lot's of good things...

But trust me, if you enjoyed the first one (and recruited all 108 stars, cuz if not, go ahead and go back and do that first, it'll be worth your while :) ) and can afford, Suikoden 2 is worth every penny... really one of the greatest games I've ever played...

Thanks for the suggestion, that just might be the last nudge I need to buy myself a copy. sigh. so expensive...

Ahh the good old Suikoden. I was a huge fan of the first two games, but for some reason we never got no 3 in the UK. I played 4 but found the sea travelling just dragged and never got to enjoy no 5. I'm hoping that Konami haven't forgotten about the series, and the recent Vandal hearts arcade game puts a little hope in me that they may bring it back.

Ahh the good old Suikoden. I was a huge fan of the first two games, but for some reason we never got no 3 in the UK. I played 4 but found the sea travelling just dragged and never got to enjoy no 5. I'm hoping that Konami haven't forgotten about the series, and the recent Vandal hearts arcade game puts a little hope in me that they may bring it back.

I would love for there to be a Suikoden on the 360... I would be so happy to get the 108 stars achievement!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I only played Suikoden 1 and it was absolutely stunning, the sense of adventure and the story was just amazing. I have been sorely tempted to pay £50 for it online many times but I'm never paying that much for a what, thirteen-year old game? Apparently it's available for a few dollars on the American PlayStation Network for PS3, I keep meaning to make an American account and download it but I can't be bothered...

I was one of the fortunate ones who picked up Suikoden II when it came out originally. I'd recommend playing IV and V, being prequels they shouldn't spoil anything for II. Then after completing both of them, you'll really be geared up for the second game if you decide to plunk down the change. The order chronologically is

IV (150 yrs before Suikoden)

V (7 yrs before Suikoden)

I

II (3 yrs after Suikoden)

III (18 yrs after Suikoden)

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Another Suikoden fan here. I have nearly all the games, only Gaidens and Card Stories are missing. I have few artbooks and strategy guides for IV and V, also OSTs for III, IV and V. So you might say Suikoden is my favourite series ever, even to a point that I'm planning to a get rune tattoo, Soul Eater to be precise.