Dead or Alive 5 - Survival Mode Leifang Guide

Capcom Juri Han

- * I probably missed this or saying it for a few. Or for most of the opponents. But from my knowledge and experience of crushing survival mode countless times, this is a bit true. Almost all survival opponents will fall for 2 or 3 low attacks. Mostly for low sweeps or low kicks from Leifang, to be more precise. So don't be afraid to attempt doing at least 2 or 3 low sweeps on any opponent you are facing. Especially if he/she is trying to pressure you from close/up close range and forcing you to play defense. Throw your low sweeps to stagger them or knock them down for easier time to shake them off. This seems to be another A.I. stupidity factor, to fall easy for this. Like a wake up kick as well. Either that or you just are not being too predictable by going for low attacks at the time.

- * For "shake off" or close/up close combos. (Which these combos can be found all the way at the top/beginning of the guide, under the "Combos To Learn to Get Started " guide section.) Or for combos to change your strategy up a bit for certain opponents that seem to have a high chance to adapt to your 1 P+K move/charge move turtle bait game game. Therefore making it a bit useless after a short time eventually. Being mostly Mila and Lisa those certain opponents, who have this special adapting ability. I would like to state and say that you are not really restricted to only using the combos I have/had put and shared on this guide. You are free to experiment on your own and use other strings/strikes or combos you may come up with on your own. Or other attacks or small combos that have knock out/down or "shake off" priority principles. Like maybe Leifang's triple jump kicks. Which is executed with 9 K K K. Or if you prefer with a extra low punch at the beginning it's something like 3 P K K K, if I am not mistaking. Or maybe Leifang's exotic leg kick, which is done by 6 6K K. Or you can do 6 H+K to try and get in there closer to them. Being a bit more safer/less risky, than if you would just walk up to them or they would come to you. Again you can try and experiment different stuff if you wish. Especially if you feel you can use Leifang better than I do. Or know more about her than me. Or what I have put in this guide. You are free to try new stuff not listed or mentioned here. That you think will work for you as alternative options, to get you off pressure often or tight situations. I encourage you to maybe use critical bursts even. If you feel you know how to use it and pull it off well, without mistakes/misses. I just share and put here what I have found success with pretty much, in all my survival 100 clear win runs. Probably one of the safest and less pressure dealing methods for Leifang in survival mode I have come up with. Again you are not restricted to sticking to only my close range combos or strategy. You are free to come up with your own and use them. Just be sure they are actually good and aren't very dangerous/risky or can fail often. Or ruin your survival progress by much, should you make mistakes with them.

- * Once again, learn how to side step or side walk. Also maybe back dash or forward dash ( As explain/mentioned on the "Important Techniques to Master" section of the guide). This will help you a great deal of staying away/off danger walls. Therefore suffering from getting extra unneeded damage or eventually getting destroyed real quick due to danger wall traps, or being pinned always against them. This will help you instead to maintain often the danger wall(s) against the opponent. Which will work in your favor. Once again you do not ever want the danger walls being behind you. You want them to mostly be behind your opponent instead constantly. To get them into your 1 P+K move/charge move danger wall trap. Also these technique tools will help you better zone/space yourself very well a bit faster, than if you didn't know how to apply them or use them. They are also very handy to avoid/evade certain attacks, that even maybe blocking wouldn't be a wise defensive choice to deal with them. They also will help you maintain your good zoning/spacing distance through out the entire fight. Which is what you are mostly suppose to do in the first place.

- * If you are playing the charge move turtle bait game. (which usually is you charging your 1 P+K move from a distance and daring your opponent to attack you and miss, so you can punish him/her during the hitbox.) And the opponent happens to just walk, run, or simply just stand there doing nothing while you are charging the move. Instead of usually attacking you., It's okay to just release your charge move attack. As for the most part, they will just simply fall for it regardless. The worst they can do or happen to you is getting counter a bit. But they will usually counter (if they are going to) while you are charging the move. Not while you are releasing your charge move attack or blow. And if you study the counter animation a bit as I explained previous on what to look for in a counter animation. To release your charge move at the right timing time frame. When the counter is no longer valid to work and loses it's purpose principles by then. You won't have any problems much even with counters, instead of attacks. Otherwise if they don't do nothing at all while you are charging the move. Except maybe walking to you, just release it. They will fall for it and get hit most of the time. So don't be afraid to just release and use your charge attack, if you see them doing nothing much, while you try and turtle bait them. You are not actually spamming or playing like a scrubby fighting player. It's actually a good idea in this case or situation to simply release your charge attack. If nothing is really happening from the opponent's side, except for trying to move in close to you a bit.

- * Every opponent with the number 7, 8, and 9 seems to fight/play slightly more smarter and aggressive against you. Than the ones before. For example opponent 7, 8, 9. Opponent 27, 28, 29. Opponent 87, 88, 89. Opponent 97, 98, 99. So try your best to play more careful, be more focused, and alerted for anything when ever you run into these 3 number labeled opponents. Also a bit more patient sometimes. Any simple mistake or not taking them more serious, than the ones before them could prove big trouble. Also mean big problems for you real quick. Often ending your survival progress just like that. Never underestimate these 3 special number labeled opponents ever. Always keep your guard up, just in case. And remain focus on what you are doing. These 3 number opponents are like a boss or mini boss. Testing you a bit more often, to see if you can continue playing smart and with intense focus and not miss up. Pause and take a break if you have to, every time you start reaching the opponent 7th or so onward of each roll count. Relax if you find the need to calm down a bit. Calm your nerves a bit, if you feel a bit sweating or under extreme mental/emotional pressure. Or maybe even scared a bit. It's okay to feel this way, while playing this mode. Even skilled and experienced veteran players felt this way at the beginning of trying to tackle this mode. To finally get the Survival Master achievement the 1st time. Even myself. Drink something to cool you down a bit. When you feel a bit calm and ready, unpause the game and try and take out these 3 certain number opponents with good focus and concentration. You will mostly come out on top if you do so and don't panic.

- * If you find your opponent(s) are blocking frequently your 1 P+K move/charge move attack for the small time being. During the remaining battle/fight moment. It's a sign and a wise idea to try and change your fight strategy a bit to close range fighting. Either stick with the "shake off" combos strategy a bit I have shared/taught you. Or try low sweeps. Or try your own combos you think will work in getting some damage in, to those annoying constantly blocking opponents A.I.s. This will often avoid the A.I from starting a pressure/combo string on you, when it sees a good opening on you. Usually you will frequently end up winning the offense war before it even starts by your opponent. If you combo them up close as soon as you recover from your 1 P+K move/charge move being blocked. Though I due recommend doing this after the A.I. opponent blocks 2 or 3 consecutive 1 P+K move/charge move attacks you tried landing on him/her. Sometimes you may get lucky after the 2nd or 1st block and the opponent may actually stop blocking. Again if your opponent is constantly blocking your charge move attacks, you are throwing at them constantly. It's a clear sign you need to change your fight strategy a small bit to close range. You may try going back to your turtle bait/keep away game with your charge move after a knock down shake off. Or your charge move connects/hits after no more than 2 blocks or so. Zone/space yourself well again after a successful knock down or juggle combo you pull off in this kind of situation. If the opponent continues to yet keep blocking. Instead of obviously attacking you and exposing his/her hitbox to you for your punish/clean hit chance. Than I will say/suggest to try to finish them off with combos or strings for the remainder of the fight if you can. Sticking to close range for the rest of the fight

Edited by Capcom Juri Han

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- * Pretty much all opponents can be defeated/handled by your charge move attack turtle bait and punish game. Often damaging/punishing them from a distance during their missed attacks. While they have bad openings for you to counter attack/punish them. Due to their miss attack(s) mistakes and recovery time frames going on/taking over for them. Just don't forget to study and remember your good/safety zone/space distance areas for each opponent a bit. And your bad/danger risky ones as well, like I have revealed to you here. Remember their "hitbox" or a few at least and what to look for. Basically keeping them away from you, and taking them out this way. Only two certain opponents seem to be smart enough to adapt and counter attack your turtle bait game or keep away strategy eventually. Making it a bit useless, after a certain amount of times tried and attempted. That being mostly only Mila and Lisa (La Mariposa). You will mostly need to change your strategy for these two ladies a bit eventually. To a bit more close range type fight approach. If you hope to defeat them and come out winning smoothly. Otherwise, ignoring my warning and advice to not change your fighting strategy for these two ladies eventually could prove extremely fatal. Often costing you your survival progress within a matter of seconds. Keep this fact in mind when dealing with these two certain lady opponents and you should be fine a bit.

- * To be able to play well survival mode beyond Hard difficulty. Mostly the 100 wins cleared required survival courses, like Champ through Legend. Maintaining concentration and intense focus will sadly be a requirement. Also developing a bit of good reflexes and reaction response. There is no deny or doubt most of you newcomers or even DOA fans. Even veterans and experienced players like myself, that you will run into a state of doubt or nervous/pressure state. While playing higher difficulty survival modes. This is a perfectly normal mental symptom. Feeling this way the first times trying to tackle those 100 wins victory or getting there the first time. I recommend defeating 5 opponents or 10 at a time. Then pausing and taking a short few minutes break. Drinking cold water or something you may like. That you believe will makes you feel better from stress or mental pressure. Maybe even put on music that you like or of your prefer taste. That usually brings a cheer or happy/relaxing mood to you may help. You can even walk around and just think of something or a memory that can bring a positive feeling back to you. Helping you shake away your sense of doubt or nervous/shaky feeling inside. To regain your focus and keep it again. I am happy to say I have pretty much gotten over this sense or reaction feeling when ever I play survival mode, for the most part. But I will admit the first time I struggled a bit in DOA 5 with clearing the 100 required wins, I experience this mental sense situation problem often. Eventually after clearing all of them the first time and doing it again and again and again. Countless times clearing survival mode ! Survival mode wasn't a mode I no longer feared or was nervous tackling again. It just became another mode I often liked to play and clear again. A small obsession to me all over again, like the past DOA's installments you can say. So again always try and maintain your focus and not let the nervous senses or doubts always get the best of you in survival mode. Simply take a break and cool down to calm those bad senses/feelings. When you feel a bit ready to keep your high focus concentration back up again. (If by for a short time being at least again, in survival mode.) Unpause the game and continue. Take another break when you are feeling a bit tired or nervous again and continue trying to calm yourself to resume your progress in survival. This should help you keep your cool, concentration, and good focus required to eventually reach and clear your 100 wins in survival mode. Or start to.

- * Once again learn how to use correctly and properly Leifang's charge move attack in survival mode. Do not listen to scrubby players or clueless ones that claim it can be spammed/exploited. This sadly will only lead you to failure in survival mode. Survival mode is very unforgiven for lots of mistakes compared to Arcade and Time Attack. Where you get a few extra advantages and chances to make a comeback or stay alive and not continue. Even if you miss up a bit the first time. Learn how to read moves/attacks missed from the opponent and you reacting almost instantly via good reflexes and reaction timing. And throw Leifang's charge move attack as a form of punishment/clean hit. During mostly recovery frames and hitboxes from a good distance. If you are a bit experienced or skilled, you can also time well her charge move attack before an opponent's attack can even make contact with you to hit/damage you. As soon as certain long frame moves/attack habits are starting up, by the opponent you are facing. Learn to use Leifang's charge move properly this way and survival mode won't prove much of a problem eventually !

- * Leifang's danger wall trap has been reduced slightly in damage wise with the update patch. But make no mistake, it still packs a punch damage wise. On every single opponent, if you can still get them on a few of them. Don't hesitate or be afraid to get every opponent you can into a danger wall trap whenever possible. However danger wall traps are not possible when being close/up close. Or just 1 step away from the opponent after he/she does a danger wall impact the first time. Which is more or less being nearly right next to them, to be precise. You need to substitute Leifang's second charge attack to other alternative options. Like her P P 2K or 3 P K P to get the extra danger wall bonus damage. Otherwise you will miss with your 2nd charge move. Or miss the opportunity to get the danger wall damage bonus altogether. Which is unwise to let such a chance go by in this mode. This helpful information can also be found on the "Essential Facts and Information About Leifang" section of the guide. If you would like to know/learn more about it.

- * When you are doing a launch juggle combo (usually as a shake off tactic method), pay attention to how close the opponent in the air is to a danger wall and making a danger wall impact. If they are very close to the danger wall as they are launched into the air. Or are being pushed towards it with each combo/juggle hit you are doing on them. It is wise to do the following choices. Do not finish your juggle combo. Usually being the juggle string of P P K K or P P K H+K. Instead just finish it with only the first K. Do not finish the juggle string/combo and do the last input, if you know the opponent being juggled will hit or get a danger wall impact. The first kick on the juggle string/combo I have taught you, will usually force a danger wall impact if the opponent is in a wall impact reach radius. Usually after a air juggle wall impact in this situation or case, you won't be able to connect or follow up with your last attack or kick of the juggle string/combo. It will just be a waste. You will actually be risking yourself a bit. By reducing the time you have or will be given to you. To be able to rezone/space yourself away at a good distance. Before the opponent gets back up and recovers. Due to your mistake of trying to follow up and not being able to do so or make a "contact hit" with your attack(s). Due to the wall impact priority/principles in our air juggle's case. Learning this useful fact and technique will reduce your risk of not having enough time to zone/space yourself good/safe again before the opponent gets back up again and tries to attack you upon recovery. Because you weren't aware that you could often waste/give away the time you actually are given. To rezone/space yourself good again when your opponent is knocked down or wall impacted. Remember rezoning/spacing yourself good/safe again is also an extremely important factor in survival mode for Leifang. You don't want to miss up with this important strategy tactic much. Or let every chance you get slip away to do this essential strategy in survival mode ! You don't want to give away any precious time you have for spacing/zoning yourself very well again. You want to make and preserve as much time as possible, to be able to rezone/space your away again. While your opponent is getting up. This helpful technique is called "preserving time" for your zoning/spacing strategy. For more information, you can see me talking about it on one of my videos. On my "Lesson 2 video- pt 2 Combos and extra bonus handy tips" video. Which should be video 3 on the "Extra Video Content Guide Help" section. Please watch the video for more info and coverage on this useful technique.

- * It's often a good/wise choice to not always stick with the keep away game with your 1 P+K move/charge move. Especially if you are not doing too well with this strategy. And are actually missing with the move/charge move quite often during the fight. Instead of connecting or forcing a block on your opponent. Which in turn will often lead you to getting punished/pressured instead. It's a very wise idea to experiment a bit the up close combat strategy, which you can use the "shake off combos". Or other short strings/combos you think will work and pressure them. Sometimes this is the easier way to deal a bit against opponents like Genfu or Hayate who are very unforgiven for your charge move miss mistakes/errors and will often pressure/punish you for your mistake. Often ending up costing you your progress real quick if not careful. Once again if you have descent life remaining, don't be afraid to switch to close range fighting tactics. Especially if your charge move turtle bait keep away punish game isn't working well for you. You will see me switch up my strategy a bit like this, in one of my survival run videos. Pay attention if you can to my video ! You will see how I apply this useful tip often. It's my video 4 to be precise, which should be titled "Survival Legend Leifang clearance". On the "Extra Video Content Guide Help" section. I do not however advise this for certain opponents still. These include Zack, Kokoro, Rig, Bass, Tina, and Bayman, Sarah, Kasumi, Ayane, and Jann Lee. As these opponents have proven to be extremely problematic with close range distance fighting. If you make a single mistake on higher defeats levels. The rest of the opponents not mentioned are a bit less risky, and a bit minor safe to try this tactic on. As a handy tip, I suggest using 6 H+K as a move to get in their close range field. A bit more safer, than just attacking them and hoping you get close enough to them with your attacks. Or you simply walking, running, forward dashing towards them. Or waiting for the opponent simply to get to you in close range field. I like using this move often to get on their face from a distance much safer. I suggest you try it as well.

- * Play sometimes more patient. You may face a situation where you may be getting hit a lot. Even if you are some what doing good/excellent zoning/spacing on your opponent. But you may be doing the small mistake of not timing right your charge move releases for good punish or clean hits. And you just are releasing your charge move way too soon or just too late. This is a sign your timing releases is just not being good enough for your opponent. And will need to start playing more patient. To start paying more attention to your opponent's attack animations and their timing. So you can start sharpening your eye sight, reflexes and reaction time. Also to start getting your execution and release timing correctly all over again with your charge move mostly. So you can avoid/stop this minor problem/mistake that could actually cost your survival progress very slowly. This is very handy when dealing with Lisa or Leifang. Whom they randomly can be rather a bit difficult to hit or punish sometimes. Because one will/could be a bit very unpredictable for casual players. And the other one could randomly throw safe moves that have faster recover frames. So she will/may be able to defend herself often from you, if you are not careful. And counter attack you afterwards. This also comes in handy for other opponents who like playing mind games with you and like being rather a bit unpredictable to you.

- * Even though I probably didn't say/state it on the "Important Techniques to Master" section. I will say it right here. I recommend you try your best to take some time to learn to do "Tech rolls" and "Tech recovers". So you will be able to get up much quicker/faster than normal, in case you get knock down on the ground/floor by the opponent. This/these technique(s) can come in handy and probably save you from running into a nasty situation. Or even save you a bit. From certain opponents who don't take too kindly to knock down players on the ground/floor. That being opponents who have special ground/floor grapples or throws. Like Mila, Tina, Bayman, and Bass. Which they will try and abuse a lot on higher defeat levels and maybe also higher difficulty settings of survival mode. If you don't want to deal with their ground/floor grapple/throw offensive strategy situation problem. I suggest you master these techniques. So you will be able to get up much more faster from the ground/floor, if you get knock down by any of them. As the only way they can grab you by these special grabs/throws, is if you are not getting up fast enough from the ground/floor. These techniques can help you avoid this problem frequently and make you be safe a bit from such a situation. So please try and learn them if you can. They are not so hard to learn to do and apply them often. If you need to refresh on remembering/knowing how to do them, please revisit/read the "Important Techniques to Master" section once again.

- * Learn to do combo throw breakers if you can. And sharpen up well your timing for breaking combo throws, if possible. This technique will come in handy to help you reduce/avoid more damage and getting off annoying throw combos grabs often. That opponents like Bayman, Bass, Tina, and Mila may abuse. Which they may end up getting you in some of them eventually, throughout your survival progress. When you come across them. Additional character like Leifang also have combo throws a bit. But won't use/abuse them as much as those 4 opponents I named. Again I strongly suggest you learn this technique and start trying to get familiar with it, to use it. As it will prove very useful when facing combo throw opponents in survival.

Playing and beating/clearing survival mode unlocks you a pretty descent amount of bonuses. And about 2 or up to 3 achievements related to it. Depending on what you choose to do to unlock/acquire them. As the latest update patch grants players a small choice now to unlock a few things that were otherwise previously only possible by clearing survival mode only. Mostly by clearing the Legend survival mode difficulty.

The following things you can unlock via clearing/playing survival mode:

- Survival mode titles. Around 8 or 9 survival related titles in total. If you are able clear the entire survival mode difficulties.

- Lisa's famous scantly-clad bikini *Legendary swimsuit* outfit (Can directly be unlocked by clearing Legend survival mode. Getting your 100 wins in that difficulty. Don't need to play all the other survival modes difficulty/settings.)

*--- Lisa's Legendary suit/outfit can now be unlocked by playing online rank matches a certain number of times. If you have downloaded and have the latest update patch installed on your DOA 5 game data and console. However, if you are not much of a online player, it would be better to instead attempt beating/clearing Legend survival mode. Rather than kind of torturing and forcing yourself to play 200 or so online rank matches. Putting up with possible online drama, and often lag fest.---*

Besides these unlockables I mentioned, there are 2 or 3 achievements/trophies you can unlock by mostly playing through survival mode. Or that a certain one is still related to survival mode, regardless. (The "Fighting in Style" achievement to be precise.) These achievements are the following:

Survival Cleared - 10

:gsicon:

Clear 1 course in Survival mode.

This achievement is probably the most simplest and easy one to get/acquire in survival mode. As the hint or clue suggests, you just need to clear 1 course difficulty mode in survival mode. Can easily be acquired even by average/casual or less experience players. By simply clearing Rookie survival mode. That is if you think that you can't get past 10 opponents at the moment. Or at the time being and need to build more fighting game experience to tackle higher survival mode difficulties. If you prefer a slight challenge (like me) you can go for clearing Normal or Hard survival mode first. Or if you are feeling very lucky and confident, you can take my route. And head straight to Champ or even Legend survival and try and clear it. To earn your 1st survival mode achievement. Which either way, will be mostly this achievement you will get first. For/from playing/attempting survival mode.

Survival Master - 30

Clear all courses in Survival mode

This achievement is by far the most difficult and hardest one to get/acquired for the average/casual or less experience players for survival mode. Or this game in particular. As the hint or clue suggests, it requires the player to pretty much be able to clear all 8 difficulty courses of survival mode. Rookie through Legend all cleared and beaten by the player. This is the main reason why you are probably reading this guide. As this is classified as the biggest mother of all pains and a nightmare achievement to acquire in this game. Intense amount of knowledge, skill, reflexes, sharp reaction time. And a bit of luck sometimes is often needed for this achievement to be earned/acquired. Also quite a bit of dedication and time spent in survival mode is required. To have a chance to get it, you will need to gain experience and intense knowledge. To boost your fighting play style enough to be able to pull this off. If you are a average/casual player especially. Also intense concentration and nerve calms is a most.

Fighting in Style - 50

Unlock all costumes

Though this achievement is not really unlocked by playing survival mode. It is still related and connected to survival mode in some way. Because as the clue or hint suggests, it requires you to unlock all the in game costume outfits you can unlock for every character. Including the "Legendary" hard/difficult to acquire/unlock ones (not DLC related included). So it should be obvious that even Lisa's Legendary suit/outfit is needed to get this achievement. Which can be acquired/unlocked by clearing Legend survival mode. Again, Lisa's "Legendary" suit/outfit counts/will count towards this achievement/trophy. And cannot be earned/acquired without it.

[spoiler=123]Lisa will be your last and 99th opponent on Legend survival mode and will be wearing her scantly-clad "Legendary" outfit. If you can defeat and take her down to clear Legend survival mode finally. Her special "Legendary" suit/outfit will be yours to be able to select it and use it afterwards. And you will be one step closer to getting this achievement, if you haven't unlocked the rest of the other outfits/costumes. For the rest of the characters yet. Downloaded/purchased costumes do not count towards this achievement.

* Note: The correct number count of official in game outfits to acquire/unlock for each character can be found on the Dead or Alive 5 Achievement Guide & Roadmap. Also for more information you may want/need to acquire/unlock this achievement. Or to make sure you are not missing any outfits for a certain or any/all characters in DOA 5. That you may still need, to acquire the achievement. Please visit/access the DOA 5 Achievement Guide & Roadmap

**-- For quick access to the Dead or Alive 5 Achievement Guide and Roadmap to check your costumes/outfits unlock count or anything else click here:

Dead or Alive 5 Achievement Guide and Roadmap --**

* Hint Tip: Be aware that 1 of the total number of costumes to acquire/unlock for Tina, Christie, and Lisa include their "Legendary" ones. As their nickname suggests, these suits/outfits are not so easy to unlock/acquire. Like the rest of them. As they demand very challenging methods/tasks requirements to unlock for the average/casual players. Tasks or requirements like finishing/clearing single player Arcade, and Time Attack mode on the hardest difficulty. Without using a single continue. And of course clearing Legend Survival mode. Again more information on this can be found on the Dead or Alive 5 Trophy Guide and Roadmap

*---Latest update patch notice and hint:

Lisa's Legendary suit/outfit can now be earn a different way. As a alternative option/choice for you, with the latest update patch installed. You can just play online and do around 200 or so total rank matches. And you will unlock this rare/very difficult suit/outfit to get. Instead of being forced to having to clear survival mode Legend only. Being your only choice and method like before. In this case and with the latest update patch, it has become slightly easier to acquire this achievement for the players. However if you are not much of a online player in DOA or don't like playing online for a few or many reason. You can stick to only trying to clear survival mode to unlock/acquire this achievement eventually.---*

I would like to say that despite my best efforts to educate, reveal weakness, and strengths of every opponent. Me going a bit the big distance by coming up with new facts, good handy tips. Talking about situations/danger situations a bit and best way to deal with them. Even probably avoiding some of them and bigger problems that may come up/happen. And me spending countless months, weeks, days, and hours playing DOA 5's survival mode. Coming out/up with this hopefully useful guide for you players. In order for me try and help some of you players succeed in finally clearing this survival mode once and for all. I am sad to say/admit it's still no simple task. Even with this very detailed and informative guide I have created and put up for you. It mostly will take time to fully understand it and apply most. Or all of what is in here, into your own playing/fighting style in Dead or Alive 5's survival mode. This sadly is a true fact for mostly low skilled players, casual players, or maybe new comers to the Dead or Alive series. And the fighting game scene. You may not understand everything I am saying or stated/mentioned in this guide. Therefore you will/may not understand how to properly/correctly apply it to your play style so soon. Or at first. But if you are willing to be patient and stick with it a bit, you mostly will be rewarded eventually. If you put plenty of time and effort to fully understand and learn the concept of this guide. You will finally be able to understand ever single crack this guide is trying to show/teach you in order to finally crush survival mode. Like I have plenty of times. :dance: :p

I am also aware that this guide and method may not be for everyone. Even Leifang herself won't be for everyone to like/stick with. Some may find this guide or method a bit too complex. Or extremely hard to understand the idea or the complete correct concept of the guide's method, for them. Despite my best efforts to try and explain every single guide info you may not know or understand. And being extremely detailed and informative about it, as best as I can or could. Explaining every possible small detail, fact, theory, and success I had/have come out with in survival mode using Leifang. It just sadly isn't and won't be for everyone to try and use her for their survival mode success and quest.

You are free to choose another character or method you think will work better for you, instead of this one at anytime. Mostly if you are running out of patients and are feeling you are not understanding the guide's concept fast, and adapting/picking it fast enough. At a rate you normally would like to. And also don't agree with what actually works well or better/best for Leifang in survival mode. From my experience, and success in this mode. It is okay and totally fine. You are free to choose another way or a different character if you feel this isn't for you or working out too well for you. Whatever you may feel is best or feels naturally better, and more comfortable to use. That's what you should stick with and pick in order to try and tackle survival mode. I am simply sharing and educating you the way I have done it. And have found extreme high success in clearing survival mode countless times, as best as I can/could. Using my prefer character ( which happens to be Leifang ) in this created guide. I am not forcing you or implying you should stick with my guide or method. Or that it is the best method. But if you have the will to stick with it and eventually understand and learn it entirely a bit, than that would truly make me happy. I'll be glad and grateful to know I have succeeded in helping at least a few other players in clearing survival mode. By sharing my method and making/creating this guide as well. Not just my own self. And I'll be happy and proud to know that I have succeeded reaching my goal and purpose for creating and making this survival guide for some users/players. Proving to me that putting the time and dedication effort to helping others, with this guide was worth it.

It was a pleasure working on this survival guide. Because I honestly care a bit for other players to succeed. Or at least try to in Dead or Alive's survival mode. In a challenging mode I excel at more or less in the Dead or Alive series. Even though I can honestly say it took me about a month of writing, doing notes. Tons of hours, and having to sleep very late often just to finish this guide as quickly as possible. Despite a bit of pressure, annoyance, and tiredness involved creating this guide. I hope and have a bit of faith that this guide will be worth it for some players/fans of Dead or Alive 5. For those still struggling to clear survival mode in particular. I truly hope some of you players/users find it very enjoyable and it at least helps you understand better some stuff in DOA 5 or even fighting games. Once again I am glad to have worked and completed this survival guide project for other players. I tried my best to be as detail as possible and very informative. Making sure to include every information, details, tips, and facts you should know about. Or be aware that I could possibly think of, that would be extremely helpful to share here. Including update changes and effects that I have experienced or felt, by playing with the latest update installed. Good luck to all players who read my guide and will try and follow it. I wish you the best in being able to understand it completely or most of it at least. Also the best of luck on your survival mode all clear quest. Whether you choose to stick with it and follow my guide, or you choose another character and method. ;) :p

This extra bonus video section should help you players better understand my guide. The following videos should help players understand things more easier. That are essential and important to Leifang's survival mode success.

These videos should help teach and fill in further the following important things of the guide to/for players:

* - Zoning/spacing, how to measure correctly. How to really or sort of tell you are zoning/spacing correctly away from the opponent.

* - Combos I shared/mentioned here and that I use/used for my survival mode run(s) success. Why I like using them and I stick with them.

* - Bonus useful techniques and strategy I use and you should as well. To play more smarter and avoid some small risky problems on your survival play through.

* - An example of my entire guide being put to the test on a entire 100 wins run play through. On the Legend difficulty of survival mode. And me showing you proof of how my guide is applied more or less. And getting my 100 wins, if you understand most of it.

Lesson 1 video- Zoning/spacing :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjQNgClvHdw]Juri Han 7's Survival Mode Lessons 1- Zoning/Spacing - YouTube[/ame]

Lesson 2 video- Combos :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXjMUXk6u04]Juri Han 7's Survival Mode Lessons 2 pt 1- Leifang Survival combos - YouTube[/ame]

Lesson 2 video- pt 2 Combos and extra bonus handy tips :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI8BKBvLHsc]Juri Han 7's Survival Mode Lessons 2 pt.2 - combos and bonus tips - YouTube[/ame]

Me applying the guide in action in a entire Survival Mode Legend run. Getting 100 wins:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5YJRq7cA8k]Survival Legend Leifang clearance by Juri Han 7 - YouTube[/ame]

Additional extra helpful videos can be found here. Thanks to Kagerasimaru (from PS3Trophies.org) for helping out before I even made/created my own youtube channel:

Useful Tutorial Videos of My Survival guide

- Kagerasimaru - From PS3Trophies.org. For the main guide title banner. The nice number key/directional input and button diagram template banners. And all the additional main section(s) banners of the guide. Also for volunteering to upload my early/older tutorial videos project on his Youtube channel. Related to this guide. Before I created/made my own Youtube channel finally.

- Luz y (a.k.a. Rosalina X) - Who is a personal friend of mine and that we met a long time ago. Thanks to the online gaming community. Who sadly is not a member here. But he volunteered and was happy to help with the character/opponent name template/banner(s). And also do the additional red words template banners. Overall assisting me in/on my guide project as well.

- Both of them for working together on the final "Special Thanks" template banner.

- Creech - From the Staff and Administrator team here. For helping in making this long guide's posting/sharing process much more easier for me. And also less of a headache and pain to deal with, time consumed wise. Thanks so much Creech ! :p

Once again a big thanks to all the players/users named here ! Thank you all so much for the support and help assistance in making this guide possible for other players/users here ! :p

Edited by Kairi

Well since I kind of heard/read some dirty rumor(s) floating around a while ago, that Leifang's method or doing survival mode with Leifang was no longer possible with the latest/last patch update to this game in general. Players were complaining and making excuses that the A.I. counters Leifang too much now or they can side step her a lot. Making her pretty much useless now for such challenging tasks to complete. Or so some were stating and sadly claiming :(

Because it deeply hurt my heart and feelings hearing and reading such dirty and false facts/rumors against my beautiful Leifang. It even made my cry a bit. I'm sure it even hurt Leifang's feelings as well (she has feelings and emotions you know, even if she's a game character ) . I decided to prove it's nothing but nonsense. And that they simply don't take the time to use Leifang correctly and her move(s) right/correctly as well. She's just as good as she was, before the patch update changes. Just a little nerfed a bit. :o But she's still a top tier beast in Survival mode in the right hands. :p

What better way to prove it's still possible with Leifang any Survival mode and share this, then us. A brother and sister who still love DOA 5 (vanilla) survival mode. (Who have no lives (based on some jealous haters) because we still are playing survival mode a bit in 2014) :D

For the record we don't use a so called "expliot"...*cough* (such a scrubby word) :rolleyes:. We both simply use Leifang's charge move correctly and the way it simply is meant to be used mostly a bit. If we were to so call "exploit" with Leifang's charge move and kind of spam it. Without really having an idea what we are actually doing. Or when or how to use her charge move very well, we certainly would likely always end up failing in survival mode. You can't make much mistakes or a lot of them if you want to succeed in survival mode. You pretty much must know what you are doing a bit and how some things work for great success. I would be lying to you if I didn't state this or pointed out/shared this fact with my readers/viewers.

Anyway upon my request. My sister went out of her way for any of you interested. To show again proof that Leifang is still as good in Survival mode as she was before the update changes. And to once and for all shut down those dirty rumors going around about Miss Leifang being useless now in survival mode after the latest/last patch update installed and intact.

Anyway, please enjoy this handy video courtesy of me and my sister. Mostly my sister for doing all the work mostly. Be sure to enjoy as well the handy info, tips, facts, and silly texts included in the video. (Best viewed on PC or Laptop to see/notice this special add on) This video should also help you understand better this guide than ever before a bit. ;)

Dead or Alive 5 (vanilla) (2014)- Survival mode Legend Leifang play through with latest/last patch update installed/intact ( With helpful Pop Up Facts ) :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tafDh6QdkcE]Dead or Alive 5 (Vanilla)- (2014) Legend Survival mode play through with last patch update installed - YouTube[/ame]

* Video Note : Some facts, info, tips won't be shown completely or displayed for viewers on here to read fully for whatever embedded reason or embedded format cause. Or for whatever reason on here. For best viewing and to be able to see and read any displayed annotations (or so it's called) completely. And every helpful info shared on the video, please visit the video page on Youtube and watch it there instead. For best enjoyment and viewing experience. And to fully read every video text annotations you may need to, want to, or are interested to read a bit about. To perhaps learn something related to survival mode more a bit.