Dead or Alive 5 - Survival Mode Leifang Guide

Capcom Juri Han

Guide Status: 100% complete

COPYRIGHT/RIGHTS OF USE:

All videos in this guide have been created and uploaded by Juri Han 7. Additional helpful videos were made by me and uploaded by Kagerasimaru (from PS3Trophies.org). This guide may not be re-produced outside of Xbox360Achievements.org without written permission by the author(s). If given permission to use any information from the guide, please supply proper credits to it's original poster/author(s).

If you felt compelled to join the forums as a result of this guide, or due to finding it useful/extremely useful. Please give me a referral upon signing up. Thank you ! It will be much appreciated for the hard work I put into making this guide for other users here. In hopes of it being useful to others mostly.

Hello users, this is/will be my survival guide for Dead or Alive 5. Which I will try my best to teach you how to use Leifang correctly, effectively, and properly a bit. To get through the devious and nightmare of survival mode hopefully on this game. I sincerely hope that this guide will be very helpful for most of you. I will show/teach you the best and easiest way to get through all eight (8) difficulty levels under the survival mode menu. Based on my survival skills, knowledge, experience, experiments, good information, and strategy tactics I have come up with. Just by playing survival mode countless times using the lovely and beautiful Leifang.

* This guide has been created with playthroughs containing the latest patch update. And survival mode being played/completed with the latest update patch installed/intact. Any changes or effects with Leifang's tactics/method(s) and her survival mode clearance runs by me will be addressed. All helpful facts, tips, and changes I have experienced, witnessed, and experimented with. In my survival mode clearance runs with the update added, I will try to add/point out in this guide. Every possible one I can come up with or share with you.

Table of Contents: * (Click on section for fast access) *

- Survival Mode Introduction

- Important Concept Elements to Know in Fighting Games

- Understanding Number Keys/Directional Inputs and Buttons

- Important Techniques to Master

- Combos To Learn to Get Started

- Essential Facts and Information About Leifang

- Helpful Notes/Tips Before Opponent Analysis/Breakdown Guide

- Character/Opponent Analysis/Breakdown Strategy Guide

- Final Additional Helpful Tips/Information Reminders

- Rewards/Unlocks and Achievements Related to Survival Mode

- Final Strategy Guide Words

- Extra Video Content Guide Help

Character/Opponent Guide Section : * (Click on name for fast access) *

- Brad Wong

- Jann Lee

- Gen Fu

- Christie

- Lisa

- Sarah Bryant

- Mila

- Ayane

- Kasumi

- Eliot

- Hayate

- Kokoro

- Ryu Hayabusa

- Pai

- Akira

- Rig

- Hitomi

- Tina

- Bayman

- Helena

- Bass

- Zack

- Leifang

- Alpha 152

Edited by Capcom Juri Han

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead or Alive's survival mode made it's main appearance since mostly Dead or Alive 2 for the Sega Dreamcast. It's best known for pitting players against the A.I. opponent endlessly. Until the player is defeated or if the player is able to defeat 100 opponents successful. Which is the actual endless limit required to officially clear it. It's been often a test of how well a player can outsmart the opponent, what he/she knows about a fighting game and it's elements of fighting, and how good he/she can continue remaining focus and keeping good pressure and a good defense on the opponents by playing smart. It's been a main included mode since then, in each installment series sequel. Though up to DOA 4, it's been only 2 survival modes a player was tested to clear and get 100 wins. Single and Tag. Tag survival truly started in Dead or Alive 3 onward. It wasn't until Dead or Alive 4 was released and the Xbox 360 with it's added achievements, that survival mode became a bit more of a bragging rights thing to show off to other players you could do 100 wins. In this often hated and nightmare mode for the average/casual players or fans of the Dead or Alive series. Proving more or less you sort of could excel a bit in DOA's survival mode. With Dead or Alive 5, it's no question this often hated and frustrating mode makes it's return once again in another Dead or Alive sequel. But this time they decided to step it up more and truly challenge the players' limits by making a requirement of testing the players to try and attempt doing/clearing 100 wins 4 times. Instead of the previous usual 2 100 wins required for clearing survival mode and having bragging rights amusement a bit. Sadly it seems by doing this, Tecmo/Team Ninja now favors skilled players mostly for this installment. Dead or Alive 5 survival mode is/has changed a bit not only in truly testing the player to be able to clear 100 wins 4 times, but also divides now survival mode by putting difficulties before "Champ" survival. Which means having a fixed number of limit opponents not being 100 required defeats always, to clear this mode for the first time in a Dead or Alive game.

Believe it or not I am a bit of a big fan of the survival mode of the Dead or Alive series. Survival mode is/has always been a small obsession I have always had and have looked forward to getting those 100 wins clearance, in each DOA installment I could get my hands on/own. Mainly for consoles at least (excluding portable/handheld consoles). Ever since I pulled my first 100 wins victory back in DOA 2 :Hardcore (PS 2 version of DOA 2 for newbies). I have always aimed to get 100 wins at least once, in every DOA I have own/brought since then. So you are in luck as I will attempt to share my method, which is not as complex as players may think. Hopefully this guide will help some of you a lot or give you confidence a bit to tackle survival mode. Or at least you may learn a bit other facts or helpful info about fighting games you probably didn't know about before.

The following information states the difficulty of each survival mode and the number of opponents you must defeat to clear them in Dead or Alive 5:

- Rookie = 10 opponents defeats

- Easy = 20 opponents defeats

- Normal = 30 opponent defeats

- Hard = 50 opponent defeats

- Champ = 100 opponent defeats

- True Fighter = 100 opponent defeats

- Master = 100 opponent defeats

- Legend = 100 opponent defeats

These elements and words will help you further a bit to better understand this guide and using Leifang well in survival mode. Furthermore it may actually help you become a better fighting game player somewhat by understanding the meaning of these certain words we will be using on this guide often. Also it may make survival mode a somewhat less intimidating mode a bit by understanding the following words in DOA and fighting games.

In this guide you will hear/read words often unknown to new comers. For fighting games or the Dead or Alive series in general, being mentioned/written. These words may be "frames", "recovery frames", "punish", "hitbox", "safe and unsafe", and "zoning/spacing". I will break down some of these things/words in order to help new players understand their meaning in fighting games to help them better understand further this guide.

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/Banners/frame_zps508f4b6a.png

In every real fighting game, they pretty much use something called "frames" in order for moves and animation to be executed and made possible. Every move or animation execution of a character has something we veterans and skilled players like to call "frame data". "Frame data" is the time it takes to execute the full move(s), make contact, and finish. The shorter/less the "frames" for a move or anything the character does, the better for faster execution and advantage over slower/longer frames moves being beaten/punish. Also the faster it can make contact/hit with it. The longer/bigger the "frames", the longer it takes for execution/animation of a move and to make contact with the opponent. Often resulting in a easier move to punish by the other opponent by a faster frame move he/she may have. A longer 'frame" execution move is also often refer to as "unsafe" or "unsafe move", which means you are most likely open to easier get thrown, punished or pressured instead. If you miss making contact on time or hitting the opponent successful.

- * Another helpful information is that the less/shorter frame time ( frame data) an attack has, the faster it comes out/executes and the "contact" frame time in which you can hit a opponent or they can hit you is also faster. The recover rate (recovery frame) is also most likely shorter for fast/quick frame attacks/strikes. Getting back into neutral position much faster and being able to follow up with defense or attacks more or less is possible more frequently. By using a less/shorter "frame" attack move(s)/string(s)/strike(s). Than with a longer/bigger "frame" attack move(s)/string(s)/strike(s).

- * And of course the longer/bigger an attack move/string/strike frame it has (or frame data), the longer it takes to come out and the "contact" frame time in which it can hit a opponent. Or they can hit you is obviously slower than a less/faster frame attack. The recovery rate (recovery frame) is also most likely longer for these type of attacks/offense. It will take longer for you or the opponent to be able to get back into neutral position and be able to follow up or just about do anything else again.

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/Banners/recovery_zpsb8b23c5d.png

After a move is executed, it often needs to fully finish the move animation. Often to go back to neutral (normal stance animation again) to continue to do other move executions, defend/block, counter, throw, etc. Or pretty much do anything else or follow up. This exact state of moment/time frame in which the character/opponent needs to finish the animation of his/her move,counter, strings attacks to go back to neutral position (normal position stance) to continue anything else is called "recovery frames". Every opponent/character has a recovery frame. Some longer/shorter than others. But regardless, everyone has one. Longer recovery frames (which are easy to punish for veteran or skilled players) usually come from doing "unsafe moves". Which often are refer to moves that take longer "frame/frame data" to execute and as a result, their full animation move for complete execution and "recovery frames" is often longer. That in turn causes them longer timing to get back into normal/neutral position back, to followup with anything else. During recovery frames (especially the longer frame, unsafe moves), they are often your key timing moments to punish a opponent. Because the "recovery frame" state denies and leaves the opponent vulnerable due to being in a short animation of trying to get back to a neutral/normal stance to be able to do anything again against you. In other words, in "recovery frame(s)" state (frame timer) they cannot do anything to you. Except wait for the recovery animation (recovery frame) to get them to neutral stance again. They are hopeless to do anything to you at all. Until they are able to get back to their regular/neutral stance in which only then, they can only continue to follow up with anything against you again.

However some moves (usually faster frame ones, or the faster they are for execution) have such a extremely fast "recovery frame" time. That to punish them or get free hit(s) (clean hits) is near impossible. Or the timing is so difficult to know of the very small exact time window you can get a free hit(or clean hit), even for veteran/skilled players to get it right. So mostly it's ignored because of it's principle priority of being so hard to get a clean hit or free hit (punish) and we just continue either defending or trying to keep up the pressure on the opponent if we can. These type of moves which have a incredible fast execution timing and fast recover frame timing as well are often refer to "safe moves". Due to obviously being hard to get a free hit/clean hit, therefore punish.

Recovery frames are also mostly "hitboxes" as well, which is when you should use Leifang's charge attack effectively and is the correct timing to execute and attack with it.

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/Banners/punish_zps3b5d49cb.png

Getting a successful hit/clean hit usually during the opponent's execution animation of a move before it is either able to make contact with you. Or during it's recovery frame state in which the move/attack missed hitting or making contact with you. And the opponent is trying to go back to neutral animation/state after a attack misses. To be able to follow up or even defend itself against you. Also throws during recovery frames or a counter hold qualifies as a punish. If a clean hit/successful hit causes a bit of a stun or stagger state to the opponent, a player often can expand/extend the punish by going into a combo or launch juggle combo.

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/Banners/hitbox_zps458845f0.png

This will often be refer in this guide as the exact time a recovery frame is taking over and a free hit/clean hit (punish) is possible. And you have no chance, or only a small chance of getting any danger penalty from the opponent due to it's vulnerable time. Due to it's recovery time frame taking over and being unable to do anything to you, until neutral state/animation is gained again from that move that just missed you. A hitbox can also be during when a long frame move is executed by the opponent and before the move's frame timing/timer is able to make contact with you or another opponent. If you can master seeing these (which for the most part will be moves from the opponent missing to hit you) and you reacting and have/having good reflexes, you won't have much problems in survival mode. You will be safe from ever getting hit, defended against, side stepped, evade, or parry by the A.I. ever or often. Or even get countered or counter attacked by the opponent. When you throw or attempt using Leifang's charge move which will play a major key factor important role in clearing survival mode.

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/Banners/safe_zps85dff4b3.png

Safe moves often mean moves with fast execution/timing it takes to come out and hit/connect/make contact. And their recovery frame is often fast/extremely fast to get back into neutral (normal stance) position. To be able to follow up with anything else much faster. Often being hard to punish or getting a clean or free hit, even a throw. Even if that move, string, or strike misses hitting you.

Unsafe moves often means longer execution/timing required moves that obviously take longer to come out and finish. Often resulting in longer time it takes to make contact with the other opponent and the recovery frame being a bit average or longer to get back into neutral (normal stance) position. To be able to follow up with anything else again, if it misses or it is guarded/blocked. These moves are often easy to punish and yield recovery frame hitboxes to get in free hits/clean hits. Free throws too sometimes.

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/Banners/zoningspacing_zps4b70a060.png

In pretty much every competitive fighting game there is something veteran and skilled players came up with called "zoning/spacing". This term more or less came from actual fighting and martial arts. It is a element we use for a lot of usefulness/reasons and what it can do. We often use it to sort of measure the reach of a move and it's limit of contact/hit reach distance versus some of your attacks. As one of the main element/priority purpose.

It also serves as having/knowing a bad/disadvantage area (which we call zoning/spacing area) against a opponent where he/she obviously can maintain pressure on you. Or can reach you and force you to block or get hit often. This is refer to as "bad/disadvantage zoning/spacing" where it doesn't really favor you much.

We also measure a good area that favors you and your character where you can be often safe from any hit. Even from the best reach attack your opponent has to offer often. And at the same time based on what your character is capable of and his/her reach with certain moves. Discovering/noticing how you can get good punishments and free/clean hits even from such distance by spacing/zoning yourself away from the opponent often. Every time they fail to hit your character or connect/make contact with an attack. In which you can easily punish them before the "make contact" window frame time. Where there is a hitbox between the execution start up time and the "contact" timing frame of a move if you are good/skilled. Or during their recovery frame time hitbox, when they miss you with an attack, string, or strike. This is refer to as "safe/good/advantage zoning/spacing", where it favors you often and you have a slight advantage often over your opponent. If you play smart,and are able to read well their exposed hitbox. And have sharp reflexes and good reaction time to always punish well timed. Not missing up.

Good zoning/spacing can also be a defensive tool and alternative way of guarding/blocking. But without actually guarding/blocking. But the priority principle is/will be the same as guarding/blocking. You are/will be avoiding getting hit/damaged pretty much the same as guarding/blocking. Due to very good zoning/spacing distance away measurement from your opponent's offensive options and their reach possibility. The difference is because you are avoiding. Or avoided getting hit by attacks without blocking/guarding, you can react faster. You don't have to worry about small things like guard/block recover time or recover frame time from blocking/guarding. Or even guard breaker situations. To be able to react again. And yes there is indeed a small/tiny "recover frame" window timer when you successfully block/guard a move. Therefore you will get a small delay restriction to be able to follow up/react again with anything. Compared to if you defended yourself by good zoning/spacing instead. Zoning/spacing is indeed more useful than some of you may think/believe.

Every enemy/opponent in survival mode you face has their bad/danger/disadvantage zoning/spacing. And their good/safe/advantage zoning/spacing. You/your character as well has both. I will state also that it varies a bit what their good/bad zoning/spacing is for each opponent you come across/face. So no two opponents are really the same as to which zone/spacing you should avoid or try and maintain as much as possible. Although some are a bit identical as to what the proper zoning/spacing that should be avoided/maintain are.

We will be using this element as a important key tool to analyze and break down the opponents to kind of find their weaknesses in the zoning/spacing department. We will measure the distance by "steps". To get an idea of how steps/distance are truly measured for zoning/spacing. Go to training/practice a bit and do a "forward dash" or "back dash". Tap forward x2 (:dright::dright:) quickly with your d-pad or :ls: analog stick for a forward dash. Or tap back x2 (:dleft::dleft:) quickly with your d-pad or :ls: analog stick for a back dash. Each full forward dash/back dash complete single full travel animation towards/away from your opponent counts as a "step". The amount of travel the character does by moving/traveling by either a complete single forward or back dash is equal to 1 complete step. Either moving forward or away by just 1 successful and complete forward or back dash animation counts as 1 step away or being close. That's how it will be kind of measured on this guide.

In fighting games we often use number keys to represent directional input commands. The number keys will be explained here to help you better understand the correct directional command input(s) the number keys represent to not have much further problems understanding/reading them correctly.

The following key number diagram is for players on the left "Player 1" side. If you are "Player 2" on the right, it's only reversed a bit. Not too hard or complicated to understand from either side.

*- 9 = Upper forward

*- 8 = Up

*- 7 = Upper back

*- 6 = Forward

*- 5 = Neutral (No direction input)

*- 4 = Back

*- 3 = Down forward

*- 2 = Down

*- 1 = Down back

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/Banners/DOA_Logo_Temp22_zpse88ca323.png

*-- This nice diagram of Kokoro trying to teach you directional inputs should help you players better understand the number key inputs and correct directional inputs meaning we will be using on this guide. --*

DOA uses letters and it's own button layout to represent buttons on your controller. The following diagram explains the correct buttons for the Xbox 360 and PS 3 by default/normal control configuration settings.

*- H = Hold/Guard/Counter ( X on Xbox 360 , Square on PS 3 )

*- P = Punch ( Y on Xbox 360 , Triangle on PS 3 )

*- T = Throw ( A on Xbox 360 , X on PS 3 )

*- K = Kick ( B on Xbox 360 , Circle on PS 3 )

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/Banners/DOA5ButtonsLayout3_zpse79f1016.png

*--This nice diagram of Kasumi trying to show you the default/normal DOA button layout and the console counterpart configure button layout should help you players understand better the buttons we will be using on this guide--*

Note: If you use a different custom made control configuration for DOA 5 due to different preference, or arcade stick usage, please refer to your own button layout to figure out correct button inputs/configuration besides this diagram.

Before you even attempt Champ though Legend survival with Leifang I strongly suggest you please learn (and if you can master) a bit how to "side step", "side walk", and "side step to free side walking". Or at least make it a habit you kind of use/apply to your play style often. You don't ever wanna be near/behind a danger wall ever. You want to instead always keep the wall against the opponent or behind them as much as possible often. You always want to avoid the danger wall !

You should also learn how to "forward dash" and "back dash" a bit if you can. Though it's not really a important requirement if you get the side step and side walking, or side stepping to free side walking tactic real fast and you apply it often. You'll be okay with zoning/spacing yourself a bit that way. Tech roll or tech recovery is also a useful tool/skill to learn. Though not really that important much. But it's quite easy to learn and do it actually, if you want to learn to do it and apply it often to your play style.

- Once again practice side stepping and also side step to free side walking. Side step is very easy. Tap quickly :dup::dup: on the directional pad, :ls: analog stick, or arcade stick to side step upward. Or tap quickly :ddown::ddown: on the directional pad, :ls: analog stick, or arcade stick to side step downward.

- To do a side step to free side walking as I do in my video(s) examples, I simply do the desire side step I need to. And continue to hold the directional pad, the :ls: analog stick, or arcade stick in the same direction I did/used to execute the side step type. For an example of a upward side step, you hold :dup: on your d-pad, :ls: analog sticks, or arcade stick. After a successful upward side step, to continue side walking upward a bit. For downward side step, continue to hold :ddown: on your d-pad, :ls: analog stick, or arcade stick. After a successful downward side step. You will continue to side walk as long as you desire, until you release the directional input you held after doing a successful side step. Depending on what was tapped to execute it (the sidestep type).

- Also learn a bit back dash and front dash (or forward dash) if you can. It helps a bit to become a faster zoning/spacing player. To do a back dash, you tap back back 2x real quick(:dleft::dleft: on the d-pad, :ls: analog stick, or arcade stick). To do a front dash you tap forward forward 2x real quick(:dright::dright: on your d-pad, :ls: analog stick, or arcade stick). These arsenal elements allow you to move faster a bit, than if you walked back or forward only. Very useful to get away from where you don't want to be or to get quicker to where you want to be. They also help you measure "steps" better for very good zoning/spacing tactics against the opponent for newbies or newcomers to DOA or fighters a bit. As explained previous.

- To do a "Tech roll" simply tap H (Hold/Counter/Guard) and either UP :dup: or Down :ddown: on your d-pad, :ls: analog stick, or arcade stick. Just as you hit the ground/floor. You will tech roll and get up faster by rolling towards the directional input you pressed while tapping H. To do a "Tech recovery" simply tap H without any directional input just as you hit the ground/floor. You will get up faster and be able to continue fighting. Keep in mind that you can't "Tech roll" or "Tech recover" with/during certain moves and throws that knock you down on the ground or floor. I would also like to point out that it is not always wise to use these elements. You may want to instead take your time to get up, if you are knock down and are far away from your opponent. And wait for him/her to get near you. When they do get close to where you are lying down, try and get a wake up kick on them instead. As from my experience in survival, the A.I. has a kind of low percent chance of countering or even blocking your wake up kick often. So take advantage instead sometimes of this minor stupidity of the A.I.. A wake up kick can save your life frequent by being the final attack you need to finish a opponent off. Or it can create a nice small stun to open up for a combo or launch juggle punish combo attack on them.

Learn these useful techniques tools/skills I have described and explained above! It will get you away from high danger often and also keep you from getting trapped in the deadly danger wall often. It's also one of the main things you should master a bit should you attempt beating survival mode as Leifang or using my guide method for your survival clearance success. Not mastering these things a bit (at least the main ones being side stepping and side walking ), won't get you very far like it has to me. This is also how you zone/space yourself properly all the time, which is what you often will want to do as Leifang in survival mode. It is also a good exercise for you to practice and master. Getting these things on your head and reaction(s) master execution may very well be a small key/step for you to become a skilled/good player in 3-D fighting games as well.

Leifang, unlike Lisa or Alpha 152, does not really require a huge or extremely long combos to memorize/execute to deal good damage to a enemy. This is due to the fact like I said or will say further into my guide, that Leifang excels/relies on maintaining a good zoning/spacing from the opponent and punishing/keeping away the opponent using her charge move attack (1 P+K) well timed. During the recovery frames hitbox of every opponent more or less. The good thing is you won't have to worry about getting the "critical burst" thing down like Lisa has to. For most of the time in her survival play through. Although you can try using it if you want to be flashy or think you can use Leifang better than me. But it's not really a major requirement or one you should really worry about for using Leifang effectively in survival mode.

However it is still important for you to learn a few combos for two reasons:

1.) You won't be able to sadly maintain/keep your safe/good zoning/spacing all the time. Especially during higher defeat levels. Sooner or later the opponent(s) will just get lucky and be able to get close in on you and try it's best to pressure you once again. Forcing you often to have no choice but to block and going into a defense state. Therefore stopping your keep away game with Leifang's 1 P+K move/charge move for a while. Until you can turn the tables around again and force the opponent away from you once again. To start your keep away game all over again from a good zoning/spacing distance.

2.) Two certain opponents will for some reason become a bit smart dealing with your 1 P+K move/charge move and keep away game for some unexplained reason on higher defeat levels. That being Mila and Lisa. So in order to deal with this situation/problem, and counter the effects to defeat them. We will have to mix it up a bit and try and throw combos at them to drain their remaining life.

So in final words the combos Leifang will be using will be for serving it's purpose as a "shake off" tool/element for the most part. Whenever the opponent gets kind of lucky to get up close to you and tries to force you to defend by pressuring you and ruins your keep away game. A successful combo or launch juggle combo will serve as a "shake off" tool. By "shake off" tool/element I mean it will buy you time while they are knock down and you are waiting for them to get back up, for you to reposition yourself in Leifang's good/safe zoning/spacing again. To start your keep away game again with her charge attack. Eventually defeating every opponent successful without much problem. While often maintain this smart zoning/spacing defensive strategy tactic.

Other then that it will serve for counter attacking the effects/problems you may run into with Mila and Lisa. As your unique/exceptional opponents who will eventually adapt to your charge attack move and keep away game tactic as explained. With these combos you will have good tools and options to deal with them in case they start saying "no" to your 1 P+K move/charge move and they are adapting/avoiding it often. Or countering you well timed every time your try and use it on them. Leifang's combos will often save you from this problem/situation, if you don't get nerves often and play smart.

Lets now talk about the combos we will be using often with Leifang as her "shake off" tool. And to mix it up against the likes of Mila and Lisa. They are a bit simple and not so hard to remember or to get on your head.

For quick simple shake off, I like using :

6 P K P

But if you want to experiment with others, other than the one(s) I use mainly you can try:

6 6 K K

P P 6P K

P P K H+K

For launches I like using:

3 K P+K

You can also use simply 8 K as a launch substitute, but requires 3 or 4 hits landed before you use it for best launch height result. Unless you get two hits before you attempt 8 K. By starting up with lets say a stun/critical stun priority string and it connects (which I will explain below). Than that would make you need only to land 1 more stagger/stun hit to get a descent launch with 8K. In final advise/suggestion, I really recommend sticking to 3K P+K as your main launcher always. It's more safer in a way and doesn't require really much additional hits landed to get a descent launch. If you get a critical stun priority string start up going at the beginning of your combo.

Usually If I want to go for a launch juggle combo/punish shake offs. I like starting up with using stun/critical stun priority strings.

These stuns/critical stun strings are:

4 P P

or

4 K K (which you will see in my video(s) that I often prefer to use)

Stun/critical stun priority strings can help you better get a successful "shake off" on your opponent often. Or a good punish launch juggle combo. It kind of makes it harder for a opponent to defend/block or counter often, during your attempted combos/juggles. Or even recover. This often reduces your offensive state/role from getting ruined, and short combos or launch juggle combos ever being interrupted. So don't be afraid to use stun/critical stun priority strings before you attempt a combo or a "shake off". I highly suggest and approve it. For I use them often myself.

So my main juggle combo will be executed this way:

4 K K (stun/critical stun priority strings start up) , 3 K P+K, (for launch), P P K K (while opponent is on the air for juggle)

(You can sub P P K K to P P 6P P . If you want to be flashy )

But in my video(s) you will find me often using P P K H+K (instead of P P K K ) to end my launch juggle because it does slight extra damage, compare to the usual launch ender combo. This becomes easier to do/execute with a customize configure controller

For more mix up simple strings or small combos to confuse the opponent by hitting mids and lows I like using:

P P 2K

2 H+K (for surprise low sweep)

1K K (for a double low sweep)

Low sweeps often work effectively against Eliot and a few random opponents for some reason. So don't be afraid to throw random strings with sweeps, or low sweeps only when you feel pressured by the opponent often. A simple sweep or double sweep can save you often, just like a wake up kick can often.

Note: If any of you are worried about any combos/launches/juggles on here being compatible/possible with any weight class opponents or what not. Regarding light weight class, mid weight class, or heavy weight class opponents. Don't worry. It's been proven by me that it's possible for any class. Just be sure to start up always with the stun/critical strings and they hit before you launch a heavy weight class opponent. And you'll get enough height to juggle/combo them in mid air with what I use.

* Helpful note: To help execute combos/strings I mentioned/recommended without mistakes/misses. Or dropping them ever, I suggest playing with a custom made configuration button layout. Mainly only for assigning a least two triggers or bumpers on your controller (i.e. :rbbut: and/or :rtbut: for the Xbox 360. R1 and/or R2 for the PS 3 ). You will only mainly need two special combination button(s) configurations assigned to two top buttons. Make sure they are P+K and H+K. As these are the only important special auto button combination configuration settings you will need for using Leifang in survival mode. To make her main attacks and combos more easier to execute and not miss up.

Before we get started with this guide. I would like to explain important facts and bring up small questions some users/players may ask.

- In order to use Leifang effectively and successful in survival mode you must realize and understand she will rely mostly in having a good/advantage zoning/spacing as much as possible at all times. Being able to detect/see and react sharply/quickly to opponent's recovery frames and exposed hitboxes and well timing your punish during them. So in short terms or sum up words, Leifang more or less excels in survival mode by zoning/spacing well often depending on the opponent. Getting good punish (free hit/clean hit) before a opponent's attack "contact time frame(s)" hitbox and during "recovery time frame(s)" hitbox if they miss. Granted I will say she may not be for everyone sadly. But if you are willing to spend quite a bit of time to understand these elements I describe here and in what she excels at, you can become a survival beast with her if you give it time. Not everything or good success in survival mode comes quick or easily after all, for anyone. Even for the veteran/skilled players often.That being said and stated from how well I use her and the success I had in survival using her countless times, let's move on to a few common ask question players may have.

- Why should I use Leifang for survival mode?

I have found Leifang to be a top tier survival character for nearly a few things I felt.

1.) Her 1 P+K charge move is faster than Ryu's or any other I seen for charge power attack moves. It has a fast frame execution or pretty good one I may add, upon release. The recovery is also descent or good. I'm not gonna say safe. But lets just say if they block it and you're about/near 2 or 2 1/2 steps or so afterwards. They will have a hard time going for a throw or punishing you, if you are quick to go defensive a bit. It pushes back a bit the enemy if I recall upon block.

2.) Her 1 P+K guessing game can be played by mostly two ways. A quick strong punish poke blow or a charge bait strong blow move. Knowing your enemy or what type he/she is, is a key to knowing what game should be played by her 1 P+K charge move. A quick execution type or a small/mid/long charge/hold type.

3) Her reach is very good. You can play another type of game with her 1 P+K charge move, if the enemy is sent flying to the danger wall in a kind of straight position. Which is eventually easy to read or see/detect. Usually a success straight danger wall impact is if you see the enemy falling from the wall in a bit slower pace, given you a bit of time to follow up with an attack for extra damage. Use another 1 P+K attack move to wall impacted opponents to suck a quarter of their health in total or so. This is called the "danger wall trap". 4 of these and they are/will be pretty much done. The danger wall is Leifang's friend in survival mode. And a 1 P+K move after a wall impact goes like peanut butter and jelly, so in other words they go well together. Only time you should avoid a 1 P+K attack move as a extra wall hit follow up, is when the opponent goes impacting the wall sideways. Which is a auto ground fall for them and there is no chance for you to follow up with an attack. You will want to instead take the time while they recover to get back up again, to zone/space yourself in a position where they will impact the danger wall straight again to start your quarter damage danger wall trap game again with her 1 P+K move. Either quickly side step or side walk. Her reach is good once again as stated. Danger wall impacts often almost always guarantee a follow up 1 P+K will hit them. Just don't charge them up or they will miss them. Do quick execute types and release the button(s)/move quickly for danger wall trap success bonus damage.

She just has this incredible advantage over Lisa or Alpha 152 where you don't have to be up close most of the time to combo or deal with an opponent. Only for a few certain opponents as the defeat difficulty changes, do you have to change your tactics or strategy a bit. Otherwise she can just deal with and punish/defeat opponents just from keeping a distance from them and often being out of danger reach. Or getting pressured which is a plus for her.

4.) Her optional arsenal is pretty good for many situations. If the enemy gets too close and you want to buy yourself some time to get away or to safe/good zone/space yourself again properly. To try & start the 1 P+K keep away game again, she can use 4 P P to start a small stun most of the time or 4 K K as a sub. They are very useful to get your small stuns or critical stuns to make it easier for her/you for a guarantee launch. This is a good strategy for when you want to shake your opponent off from being too close to you. So you can maintain Leifang's good/safe zone/space position again. Her best launch is 3 K P+K. Very easy to remember and combo w/ upon getting a small stun move or critical stun priority strings. If you're confident that 6 P K P will work, go for it as a shake off alternative option strategy instead. For aerial enemies like Lisa or Ayane you can use 9 K K K or 6 6 K K to try and stop them. 4 P P works too sometimes for such situations. But not guaranteed. Her 1 K K twin low sweep(s) is often a low surprise for opponent who seem to have problems countering or blocking. If you get a launch w/ say 3 K P+K you can simply combo with P P K K. Simple combo to remember and you can zone yourself again for the 1 P+K guessing game again afterwards. Only problem I ever ran into was probably Kasumi or Kokoro a bit if anything, as far as frame advantage match ups by the cpu A.I. goes.

5.) She's mostly a keep away character due to her 1 P+K move/charge move game. And the move's attack properties/priorities, and reach. What this means is you are less required being close/up close range to do damage or attack versus say Alpha 152 or Lisa. Therefore being in less danger from being within a reachable zone/space position from getting attacked/hit by the A.I.'s attacks, which is good and favors you. They on the other hand are different. Most of their tactics involve being up close to do the damage and defeating their opponent(s). Lisa seems to have a similar charge attack to Leifang's 1 P+K move/charge move. But even so it seems to lack Leifang's charge move's good arsenal elements and priority. Such as good reach, fast execution upon release, descent recover frame time a bit, and push back a bit priority upon most blocks/guards. Giving the A.I. a slight harder time to punish you easily. Should you fail to connect with it and it's blocked instead, being the case with her 1 P+K move (charge move) .

6.) I have found Leifang to be a pretty safe or a very hard character to get into critical burst or power blows in the right hands of a skilled player. If you know what you are doing consecutively playing as her. And you play your cards right with knowing how to fight and deal with each opponent in survival mode eventually, like me often.

**--Note: (With latest ver. 2013 with Zack Island content etc.. Patch update changes )

You can still do a danger wall trap with Leifang's 1 P+K move/charge move as long as you don't charge it at all, as the wall impact follow up attack. As long as when you send your opponent flying towards the danger wall impact, and you are not around the radius of just 1 step near them or so. Or exactly being right next to them after the 1 P+K first attack that sends them flying towards the danger wall impact finishes. And it has completed the entire frame animation. The slight increased frame execution for Leifang's 1 P+K move/charge move with the latest update/install patch change, sadly affects extremely close range opponents being immune/invisible to another 1 P+K follow up move after a danger wall impact. But not so from a distance or average distance being away from them after a danger wall impact.

So if you are extremely close or close to the opponent after a 1 P+K (move/charge move) sends them successful for a danger wall impact, do not follow up again with 1 P+K . It just won't hit on time, even non charged ones thanks to the patch/update change effect.

Instead sub 1 P+K for something like:

- P P K

- P P 2K

- 1K K (double sweep)

- Can try also 6 P K P (May or may not work, not really sure because I never really used it often upon a 1 P+K danger wall impact. I recommend you try it though if you can.)

- Try also P P 6 P P (One of the most recommended sub combos/strings to use for good danger wall bonus damage follow ups. Instead of 1 P+K not being able to hit again, due to opponent being so close/very close to you after a danger wall impact.)

* Update note: 6 P K P works after a successful normal danger wall impact. But only the 1st and 2nd hit will connect/make contact. The 2nd hit will force the last danger wall impact, making the last P string useless to hit. Don't finish the last string for this reason, if using it as a danger wall bonus damage sub. Always drop the last P string hit to preserve precious time wasted in doing a useless move string that won't hit. Time that could be very useful and precious for rezoning/spacing yourself very well again, while your opponent is recovering and getting back up again.

(I recommend using frequently Leifang's P P 6 P P as your main sub/replacement danger wall bonus damage strategy attack. Every time you run into a up close/very close danger wall impact situation. If you can master doing it or getting the entire input correctly often for this short combo/string. As the total damage you will inflict on your opponent, when combining it after a 1 P+K wall impact. And using this short combo/string as a danger wall bonus damage opportunity follow up will be a very huge and a good one, on a regular bases. About a quarter or slightly more of health you will usually take off from your opponent. If you use this as a replacement for up close/very close range danger wall impact situation(s), as a follow up attack/offense strategy. To get your danger wall bonus damage in and not miss it. I highly approve this very nasty, yet useful strategy. )

Otherwise you just won't get the extra danger wall impact follow up bonus damage and will miss it. And survival mode isn't a fight mode where you want to miss such extra damage opportunity ever. If you can avoid this mistake or avoid missing the bonus chance.

Otherwise if you are about 2 steps away or farther away from them (but within reachable distance to still hit your opponent with her 1 P+K move/charge move). After a danger wall impact is done by a successful 1 P+K attack landed, a danger wall trap is still possible with the update patch added/installed. Just again make sure you do it as a quick execute type and release it. Don't charge it/hold it at all and the danger wall trap will still be intact/possible with the update. Provided you are at least 2 steps away from being near them or more farther away from them after a wall impact is done to the opponent. Hope this update change restriction is clear now and how it effects this guide and Leifang with the latest update --**

- Do I need to learn long combos or complex ones like maybe Lisa to use Leifang?

No you don't. It's not really required much. ( See my "Combos To Learn to Get Started" guide section above for your answer)

Before we get started with Leifang's opponent breakdown description detail, I would like to point something important. The term "spamming Leifang's 1 P+K move/charge move or exploit Leifang's 1 P+K move/charge move" is overused and mislead. It kind of sickens me reading these words in forums or other posts players put up as hints to get through all Legend modes. Or hard mode courses as her. Makes them sound like clueless scrubby players who lack knowledge or skill of how to play survival mode the right way as her.This is not how you play Leifang in survival mode. Although her 1 P+K move/charge move is the key factor important move. And probably most valuable in her arsenal to get through survival. The way to play her is knowing your opponent's zoning/space weakness and their advantage/dangerous zone/space area. Every enemy Leifang faces has a weakness and strengths depending on your spacing/zone position. It will be explained in the opponent detail a bit. Also the way to use Leifang is about learning what kind of 1 P+K move/charge move attack type should be executed in a situation. A full charged one, a mid charged/small charged one, or a fast non charged one that acts as a quick execution poke blow. Knowing when to throw them or what kind/type to throw is essential to master Leifang and succeed in survival mode. I will shortly get started with the survival opponent detail breakdown, now that this has been said/stated.

Important note before we actually get started: Proper throws of Leifang's 1 P+K move/charge move and good timing is mostly understanding and being able to see/read your opponent's exposed "hitbox" recovery frames. Which is usually when the opponent(s) miss hitting you while you charge and turtle bait them with your 1 P+K move/charge move. You are daring them to come to you by mostly them attacking you while you are charging your charge attack. But due to you doing good zoning/spacing on them, they will miss hitting or making contact with a string or attack of theirs. And they will be at their recovery time/frame time for the next attack or follow up if they miss. At that exact moment, they will have no chance to counter or attack you further due to recover frames taking over. Therefore exposing themselves for a free non punishing/counter or defensive chance clean hit. That you should and will need take advantage of in survival a lot. You will unleash your 1 P+K move/charge move attack when ever you are able to see/read/react quickly to any hitbox you see the enemy expose you to. Learn your opponent's "hitboxes" weakness and your 1 P+K move/charge move attack timing punishment for any exposed hitbox. And you will be a survival wreaking force in survival mode with Leifang. If you choose to ignore learning this fact, and instead "spam" or try and "exploit" the 1 P+K move/charge move only, you will find the hard way the A.I. will sooner or later will punish you and start countering you to death. You won't ever get no where near the 100 wins ever this way. Learn the "hitbox" of opponents and your 1 P+K well timing releases when the "hitboxes" are exposed and you will see it makes a huge difference, than attempting "spamming" or "exploiting" it. You will most likely never ever miss, get countered, or worry about getting punished ever. It will just be plain punishment and pain brought by you to pretty much every opponent A.I. that steps into the ring/arena to try and take you down in survival. This example can be seen on the "Extra Video Content Guide Help" section. You will see me releasing my 1 P+K move/charge move attack when ever I see the magic "hitbox" of my opponent be/being exposed and him/her being hopeless to ever defend against it pretty much.

Once again let me make it clear, do not listen to those scrubby players on Youtube or other game sites that talk about Leifang's 1 P+K move or charge move attack being spammable for getting through all Legend setting modes. You will find the hard way this doesn't get you far in survival mode. These players are ignorant and clueless of how Leifang and that certain move of hers is used correctly. Obviously lacking fighting game knowledge and principles of how a fighting game works, or let alone a character and it's moves. The reason why they think it may be the spamming/exploit way is because,unlike survival mode, Arcade and Time Attack give you certain things survival probably never will ever. For example you get 2 rounds and start at full health at the start of each one. If you get defeated, you still get one more chance/try before you are officially defeated and are forced to continue. So these scrubby players may assume spamming/exploiting may work because they may get lucky with the help of having another chance/round given to them/you. And the fact that their/your health bar will always be full at the start of a fight/round. Survival mode is gonna play hard and bring the pain to you. If you are not a experience player or a vet in DOA's survival mode, you will experience a nightmare. If you sadly think spamming/exploit will work. Unlike Arcade and Time Attack, Survival won't play nice with you compared to those modes. You won't get a 2nd chance (in Arcade or Time Attack's case a 2nd round with full health) in a condition that you are defeated. Once you are defeated, you are back to square one. With 0 opponent defeats start up again. You also only get about 50% health back for each opponent defeated, versus a full health bar after each defeat in the other modes. So there is no doubt that in survival mode there is no playing around and room for much errors or mistakes versus the other modes. Thankfully this guide will teach you how to use Leifang's key role charge move properly and correctly a bit. To not do much mistakes or errors in survival mode.

Let me take the time now to inform my readers how I will analyze/breakdown our survival opponents in this guide:

- First I will talk a bit about him/her and their habits (moves) often used. Or moves they will often abuse when/while fighting/facing you.

- Then we will have their habits section, which will be a list of often additional moves they may use/abuse through out the fight.

- Their hitbox or a clue as to when it's a good time to throw and release your 1 P+K move/charge move. Or do a combo/launch combo or a "shake off" tactic. Or precisely the right time to do so.

- Your bad/danger/disadvantage zoning/spacing when facing them which you should avoid, because you are/will be open to get hit or pressured often. Even from such or a certain distance. Which often does not and will not favor you, but the opponent instead.

- Your good/safe/advantage zoning/spacing when facing them, which you should try your best to maintain. As you will be often immune/safe from any attack often and still be able to attack/punish the opponent from this distance. Even if you are not blocking/guarding you'll be pretty much safe often from offense threats from these distances. From any of your survival opponents. Which often favors or will favor you, and not the opponent. If you play/fight smart against them.

- Finally I will give and share some final helpful tips/note reminders to sum up. Or refresh and remind players precautions they should take. When fighting/facing that opponent. And also good strategy to use/apply and take into consideration, when facing them. Maybe their weaknesses once again as well.

That being informed/stated, let us get started with the survival mode Character/Opponent Analysis/Breakdown Strategy Guide section.

*Playing as Leifang and knowing your opponent(s) in Survival Mode*

1.) http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/DOA%205%20Name%20banners/bradwong_zps1de8ef60.png

Ah yes the drunk fighting master freak of DOA. He excels a bit in attack reach and a bit in damage wise, thanks to a certain annoying move he has. This guy is simply risky playing the charge bait 1 P+K game a bit often. Why? Well it turns out Mr. Brad has a nasty drunken torpedo quick charge attack blow he can abuse on you, that it has a good reach if you wanna play the bait charge game. You want to avoid getting hit by it as much as possible due to the descent/good damage it can inflict on you if it hits. It's better to stick with the 1 P+K quick poke or small/medium charge attack type for your bait or keep away game. Tactic and zoning? Well keep about 3 steps away from him as much as you can. Stay defensive often. Wait for any suspicious moves such as his hand stand, his double backwards kicks, his double spinning low sweeps. Or his punch strings or spinning kicks. If you have good zoning/spacing he will always miss you. Quickly execute the fast type 1 P+K when ever he does any of these. If you are good at reading his habits after a while and his "open hitbox" frames, you can play a small or medium charge 1 P+K game with him. Once he's on the wall its quarter damage time with the 1 P+K danger wall impact trap game. Rinse and repeat. Very easy to understand his fighting habits eventually. Have fun owning him. He also seems to often easily fall for low sweeps. So don't be afraid to use low sweeps. As a final advice, don't think Brad Wong is a character that is mostly confronted by being mostly offensive. If you think so otherwise, he's an opponent that can turn the tables on you real quick, if you are not careful with your defense or being alerted to often go defensive when fighting him. And could end your survival progress real quick. He's the type of opponent that is often best to fight patient a bit. You always have 60 seconds to fight and defeat him, so don't panic much playing this way for a while. Be defensive a bit and wait for any suspicious moves he does or tries to on you. And when he does and misses striking/hitting you with them, that's your chance to strike and punish him.

Habits

- Head first torpedo ( Does descent/good damage, so try and stay defensive a bit and play patient. Don't rush.)

- Upside down hand stand stance

- Upside down hand stand stance with kicks ( counterable by mid kick type counter)

- Upside down hand stand stance leg/foot throw (rarely ever does it when he goes into his upside down hand stand stance, unless you are frequent up close when ever he does it, which you shouldn't be)

- Basic punch strings/strikes with mid or low kicks

- Double low sweeps

- Low stance position

- Drunk special stance punch strings/strikes (looks like a funny rhythm drunk dance while he's punching)

- Variety types of kicks ( if you stick to your good/safe zoning often you don't have to worry about them being much of a threat. As their reach isn't that threatening or big.)

- Throws on higher defeat levels if you allow him to get close to you often by being careless a bit

Hitbox

- When ever he does 2 punch strings and they miss, before his 3rd attack or so

- When he does his head first torpedo and misses you because you had good zoning/spacing at the time. As soon as he lands on the floor from his head first torpedo missing.

- When he goes into upside down hand stand, he often takes a bit of a small time to even start/attack with his upside down kicks

- Slow frame kicks which is obvious their recovery frame is a bit slow

- Any common strike/string missing and trying to follow up instead of stopping his own attack(s)

Bad/danger/disadvantage zoning/spacing

- 2 1/2 or 2 steps near him or below being close/up close to him

- 3 steps near (Random: Due to if he does his head first torpedo. It can often reach you because it's perhaps his most reachable attack)

Good/safe/advantage zoning/spacing

- 3 steps away from him (Random: Granted he doesn't due/abuse his torpedo attack)

- 3 1/2 steps or more away from him (Your best spacing/zoning against him)

* Note: Once again as a final hint or advice, keep your distance or good distance at all times away from him as much as possible. Mostly for/due to his annoying drunken torpedo attack. Also play often patiently when fighting him always. He can be unpredictable with his torpedo or other gimmick habits if you let your guard down. He can turn the tables on you if you don't have a good defense at the time and are not patient enough. You have 60 seconds in every survival difficulty to fight him and finish him. Enough time to play patient/defensive a bit and defeat him. Often patients and waiting for any suspicious habits/misses mistakes is the best way to deal with him. So don't worry or panic much about running out of time this way. Staying within your 3 1/2 steps away from him. Or just 4 steps away the most furthest, is again a wise good zoning/spacing choice when dealing with Brad Wong. Fight him knowing this for best fight comfort of confronting him.

2.) http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/DOA%205%20Name%20banners/jannlee_zps7e2715da.png

Jann Lee, most likely the Bruce Lee of DOA. He excels a bit in high stun priority punch strings and strikes for easy combo or juggle if you are not careful. Also in average attack speed and damage power a bit. Tactic and zoning? Mr. Jann Lee can be dangerous in two zones. Very Far and very close. Very far he will try and abuse his Dragon Kick, which everybody by now knows how much that hurts if you get hit by it. Thanks to it's unblockable priority power. He's dangerous up close because of his fast fist strings. Advice? Try and keep within 3 or 3 1/2 steps distance away from him. Not too far, not too close. Jann Lee will try his aerial "Kick Stump". The one that looks like a hammer kick of some sort where he raises his leg and brings it down by heavy force and yells "Whaaaat Taaaahhhh !". I know some of you know what I'm talking about. He will try also the "Whaaat Taaaahhh!" fist blow. But if you are like 3 or 3 1/2 steps away from him you should be safe from getting caught. Last but not least, for his arsenal he likes to randomly throw his long reach stand kick. The one where he tilts his body and head a bit sideways to stretch his kicking leg while he's standing. If you are about 3 steps away from him zoning you'll be okay from getting hit by it. You can do a mid charge or a quick 1 P+K to punish him every time he misses you. Once he impacts a danger wall, you know what time it is. The quarter damage 1 P+K follow up danger wall trap game time. If he gets too close try 4 K K, follow by her launch into a simple juggle combo. Or 6 P K P to shake him off quick. Or you can go for lows by 1 K K if he's low on life to try and finish him quick. All I can say is just keep a space of not being too close, and not too far and you'll be okay dealing with him. Jann Lee is a character that has a kind of certain strange spacing/zoning strategy that should be consider for best fight outcome and comfort of confronting him. What do I mean? Well in case you haven't figure it out, to handle Jann Lee very good you need to maintain a certain zoning/spacing area and not exceed it or be closer than that. Because he has dangerous strategy/habits he can do if you do, that I explained a bit previous. It's best to stick to a certain zoning/spacing area only, as much as you can. Which I will explain and point out below. This will help you not have to deal with more pressure, unpredictable attacks, and habits that may happen. That you don''t really need to deal with them if you can avoid/slow them down a bit from happening or occurring ever. You may also want to avoid doing the mistake of missing your punish attack (usually with her 1 P+K move/charge move), and end up hitting nothing but air. This in return will leave you open for an attack or punishment from Jann Lee. Jann Lee will usually take advantage of this mistake on higher defeat levels and punish/pressure you by his fast punches strings/strikes. And Jann Lee's annoying punches are often fast and kind of hard to get out of, especially for less experienced players. Thanks to their kind of high stun/stagger priority they have. If you do the mistake of at least not making Jann Lee block your attack(s), he will take advantage often of your exposed opening. Mostly by pressuring you by his annoying quick, high stun/stagger priority punches. Often extending it into a juggle combo. If you don't want to deal with this situation or kind of avoid running into this problem, try and not make this small mistake of hitting nothing. And you should be fine when facing Jann Lee

Habits

- Dragon Kick (Mostly if you are far or very far away from him)

- Strong forward fist blow (where he yells whaaaa taaahhh !)

- Hammer kick ( He raises one of his legs high up on the air and brings it down with strong force by a yelling or a cry)

- Backwards elbow/double elbow blow strike ( has blow away priority if it hits you, sends you flying and to the ground. Like your 1 P+K does mostly on hits)

- Quick fist strings/strikes that have high stun priority

- Hammer fist/elbow strike blow ( He jumps in the air and does a yell and brings down his fist and elbow with intense force to strike you. Similar to his hammer kick, except using his fist/elbow instead)

- Low sweep ( Has a descent reach, but not too threatening if you maintain your good/safe zoning/spacing often)

- Quick fist string/strikes (They seem to have a high stun/stagger priority if you get caught by these)

- Throws on higher defeat levels if you allow him to get close to you often by being careless a bit

Hitbox

- If you are good/skilled a bit, before the dragon kick "contact" time frame in which it's able to hit you

- The hammer kick misses you (exactly as soon and he lands on the floor/ground again)

- Strong fist blow or backwards elbow/double elbow blow misses hitting you

- He starts his quick fist string strikes but is unable to reach you during at least the first 2 hits or so.

- Hammer fist/elbow attack blow misses you ( exactly as soon as he lands on the floor/ground again)

- His low sweep misses

- Any common strike/string missing and trying to follow up instead of stopping his own attack(s)

- 2 steps near him or below being close/up close to him

- 2 1/2 steps near him (Random: Dragon Kick can reach you if you are not good at punishing it before it makes contact with you with her 1 P+K or anything else)

- 4 steps or more away from him ( He will abuse his Dragon Kick often if you are extremely far away from him and if you get hit, it hurts like hell)

- 3 to 3 1/2 steps away from him. (Your best spacing/zoning against him. Try and maintain only this space the furthest distance away from him. Don't go 4 steps away from him or more because of the Dragon kick habit problem I explain)

- 4 steps away or more (Random: Provided he doesn't abuse his Dragon Kick while you zone/space yourself away from this distance. As it's the only move he can reach you with, from this area.)

* Note: Jann Lee is again a unique opponent like a few others where the best way to deal with him is maintaining only a certain zoning/spacing area as much as possible. And not get closer or exceed getting further away from him. Up close he's gonna pressure/pummel you with his fast multi punch strike/strings trying to get you in stun and critical stun for a insane combo. Unless you have a good defense. And far away he's gonna abuse his Dragon Kick, which is very painful if it hits you. That is why you need to understand why you must maintain a certain zoning/spacing area when facing Jann Lee. Why it's very wise and to avoid running or dealing with these situation problems Jann Lee will most likely do/end up doing. Staying within your 3 or 3 1/2 steps away from him, the most furthest, is again a wise good zoning/spacing choice when dealing with Jann Lee. As a final reminder, also avoid a common mistake of not hitting anything with your 1 P+K move/charge move as much as possible. Always at least make Jann Lee block. Or else as explained earlier, he can get you into a annoying stun trap punishment, thanks to his quick punches strings and their high stun/stagger priority. Avoid this often common mistake of missing your hit/contact mark with your opponent and you should be fine. When fighting/facing Jann Lee. Fight him knowing this for best fight comfort of confronting him.

3.) http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/DOA%205%20Name%20banners/genfu_zpsa238299a.png

Eliot's master. Gen Fu is a bit speedy for being a old guy. He excels a bit often in confusing you. Or playing mind games on you a lot if you are not careful, and descent damage power a bit. I would like to state the 1 P+K quick execution type (non charged) game should be applied to him simply because he has two moves he can do if you attempt the 1 P+K charge bait/keep away game a lot on him. He has a charge move of his own he likes to often abuse. This move seems to enable him to position himself about 1 or 1 1/2 steps back. So if you two are playing the "lets see who's charge blow move is better" game, he will mostly win. Only way you can win the game is 2 rules. You happen to be close to 1 step away from Genfu and you release your 1 P+K move quicker or before he does. Only time it's a bit safe for the bait charge 1 P+K is when you see him doing a mid air kick. Or what looks like a simple 2 or 3 fists hit string that is easy to read/see or predict after a while. Tactic and zoning? Stay about 3 or 3 1/2 steps away from him at all times. 3 is okay I suppose. Actually I kind of recommend remaining 3 1/2 steps away from him because he randomly likes throwing a double paw small charge string that may reach you if you are about 2 1/2 or even randomly 3 steps away from him. If you feel he'll do a very low reach attack, you can do a small or mid charge 1 P+K attack move to punish him when he fails to reach you with his attack/strings. If he gets up close to you shake him off with 6 P K P for a quick one. Or try and get a small stun or critical stun by 4 P P or 4 K K, then a quick launch by 3 K P+K and air juggle to P P K K. Use the recovery time of Genfu to zone/space yourself good again afterwards. Never let your guard down at all or take him lightly ever and you should be often alright dealing with him. A final fact and info, Genfu can be aggressive often on higher defeat levels. This will mostly happen if you happen to miscalculating an attack or punish. And you miss your contact or hit mark with most likely your 1 P+K move/charge move against Genfu. You will leave yourself open to an attack and not be able to guard. He will often not let such a chance go to waste or hesitate to punish you. He will try his best to get you in a small stun trap and juggle you. Or even throw you a lot. So be careful and try and not do this mistake. At least make Genfu block and you should avoid this problem. He's more aggressive and dangerous than his student Eliot. So again be aware and take precautions to not take him as lightly as Eliot.

Habits

- Average fist strings/strikes of high and mediums

- A charge attack where he backs away a bit and then thrusts forward a bit with a strong punch fist blow

- Cartwheel back kick

- High counter rate/punish on higher defeat levels if you don't punish properly or miss during his recovery frame hitbox

- Random throws on higher defeat levels if you allow him to get close to you often by being careless a bit

- Fist string/strikes with kicks

- Double front legs mid air kick that can launch you if hit

- Random backing away

- Low sweep, spinning low sweep

- Launch palm

- Any common strike/string missing and trying to follow up instead of stopping his attack

- Throws on higher defeat levels if you allow him to get close to you often by being careless a bit or by missing mistakes from your side/part.

Hitbox

- He starts average fist strings/strikes of high and medium punches and they can't reach you.

- His charge attack misses because you had good zoning/spacing at the time and he already did his thrust forward animation. It has a a bit of a slow recovery frame upon miss. Take advantage.

- He attempts to do a combination of 2 strings punches and usually a kick, but misses

- His double front legs mid air kick misses to hit you/launch you.

- 3 steps near him (Random: He can sometimes get lucky and somehow hit you with his charge attack. Sometimes he can't. This is why this zoning/spacing is random for me)

- 2 1/2 steps near him or below being close/up close to him (You can be safe a bit from his usual fist strings strikes a bit, but his charge attack can/will hit you)

- 4 1/2 steps away from him (You can easily miss from this distance even with your 1 P+K attack, because Genfu does not have much "zone in towards you" priority moves besides his charge attack(where he travels a bit forward when he executes this attack) based on the A.I. habits. Genfu becomes very aggressive on higher defeat levels and will not hesitate to punish or pressure you if you make a mistake or miss hitting him while he was open for a attack/punish.A miscalculated move/punishment not hitting him could cost you)

- 3 steps away from him (Random, provided his charge attack does not get lucky and ends up hitting you, even at this far distance)

- 3 1/2 to 4 steps away from him (try and not to exceed going past 3 1/2 steps away from him due to the danger it can do if you decide to. And the mistake you can do if you do so and what will happen if you do it. As explain in the bad/danger zoning/spacing section of his)

* Note: Once again I recommend not going too far distance away from him. So you don't miscalculate your hit mark with your 1 P+K move/charge move at least. Stay within your 3 1/2 or 4 steps away from him, the most furthest. Miscalculating your punish or hit mark will often leave you open for an attack or getting pressured/punish by Genfu. As he is aggressive/dangerous often in higher defeats as explain early. He will often not let such a chance go to waste and have mercy on you. Staying within your 3 1/2 steps away from him. Or just 4 steps away the most furthest, is again a wise good zoning/spacing choice when dealing with Genfu. Fight him knowing this for best fight comfort of confronting him.

4.) http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/DOA%205%20Name%20banners/christie_zps71da93d5.png

The often labeled attractive, yet cold blooded assassin of DOA. She excels a bit in good speed and fast attacking. Well Christie starts out slow often. Simple to read, so you can kind of play the charge type 1 P+K move bait/keep away game with her at the start. She likes to kind of side step and do a forward roll. And side way roll and poke you, or roll forward poke you. Tactic and zoning? Keep about 3 1/2 or 4 steps away from her. Her annoying forward rolls or side step rolls will often get her close enough for you to punish her with your 1 P+K move/charge move. You can try and play the bait/keep away game with your 1 P+K as a charge type if you wish, at the beginning. But I would go for a mid/small charge types instead, and not a full charged one to play safe. Once you are around 50 wins or close to it, stick to quick 1 P+K non charge move poke blow types. Or small charge time pokes, if you still aren't skilled at reading her and her habits. She's gonna go crazy with her rolls, side steps/rolls trying her best to get up close to you as fast as she can and start poking you which is hard to break or punish once you start blocking. Playing a bit zoning/spacing mind games with you. If she does get up close with her pokes, I suggest block as much as possible as you can. Depending on your reading knowledge of her moves/habits. When you think her strings will end usually after 3 or 4 pokes, try 4 K K, follow by your launch or 6 P K P to break/shake off Christie off of you. Once she's impacted the danger wall, you know what time it is ! Double 1 P+K bonus damage danger wall trap time. If you want to play a bit of a turtle charge baiting game with her, stick with a small to med charge type 1 P+K move attacks again. To stay safe from her getting close enough to touch you with her pokes. In case your charge timing release is kind of bad for her. She also can kind of quickly zone in on you if you are not careful on higher defeat levels.

Habits

- Poke quick strikes strings (high and mids)

- Poke strikes strings with kicks

- Baseball slide kick if you are a bit far away from her. (Random sometimes)

- Backwards mid air twin kicks (counterable by mid kick type counter )

- Forward roll(s) or sideways roll(s) into poke strikes

- Variety of kicks ( Not very threatening due to their max reach if you maintain your good/safe zoning/spacing)

- Kick strike strings

- Back flip twin kick (not threatening if not near her, or very close)

- Random throws on higher defeat levels if you allow her to get close to you often by being careless a bit

- Roll forward into launch kick

- Side stepping during snake stance

- Spinning strike punch

- Snake stance double arm charge strike blow ( She pulls back a bit, raises both her arms back/upward to gain charge force and strikes forward with both her arms and hand palms with force)

- Throws on higher defeat levels if you allow her to get close to you often by being careless a bit

Hitbox

- During her poke quick strikes ( If they can't hit you after the first or even 2nd strike string)

- Her backwards mid air twin kicks misses you ( just before she lands or exactly as she lands)

- Her kicks miss or are missing you

- Spinning strike punch if it misses ( This attack is often unsafe. The contact frame time is long a bit to hit you and the recover time as well. You can punish either before it's able to make contact with you if you are smart or skilled. Or after it exactly misses hitting you)

- During her forward roll(s) ( Before the complete forward roll animation is complete and she is back to her standing neutral position, to follow up with anything. Very easy to time or get right eventually)

- Launch kick misses

- Any common strike/string missing and trying to follow up instead of stopping her own attack(s)

* Habit and hitbox tip: Her forward rolls as you may have noticed, have zone in towards you priority. So she is actually moving in close to you every time she does them. Therefore if you are smart and skilled, that means she's moving right into your trap or punish reach range with your 1 P+K move/charge move. Therefore keeping a good distance from her isn't bad, highly dangerous, or most likely risky often. As a matter of fact her forward roll habit isn't even a damaging move she has. It's purpose is to kind of trick the average or less skilled players into thinking it's something they should worry about. When they or you don't have to, because it doesn't do damage or hits them/you at all by itself. Her forward roll principle is simply to travel forward a bit towards you, in a low/crunching matter/method. Maybe to be safe a bit from high attacks hitting her, while she tries to close in on you. To be able to reach and hit you. That's pretty much what it's purpose is only. Her forward roll danger/threat is what comes after or Christie follows up with. After her forward or side rolls have been entirely completed. And she's back to neutral stance, that you should worry about avoiding. Or getting hit by. But again if you are a smart player you won't ever have to worry about that situation, if you always punish her with your charge move before she is always able to finish completely her forward rolls.,Which won't hurt/damage you at all. To sum it up more better, Christie's forward rolls are free punish/clean hits gifts to you. For your charge move mostly, every time she does them. And when you are sure and know you will be able to reach her with it, while she forward rolls towards you. So please try not to miss your very easy chance to damage, punish, and even take Christie out. Every time she does her forward rolls and you can reach her with your charge move. Again Christie's forward rolls are free easy punish hitbox gifts to you ! Always take advantage of this tip fact, if she starts abusing her forward rolls a lot. You will thank me later for sharing it !

- 3 steps near her (Random: Only if you are not skilled, or a smart player who can't get her forward roll(s) hitbox timing right and are unable to punish it often. Otherwise if she finishes her forward roll move completely she can reach you with her follow ups )

- 2 1/2 steps or below being close/up close to her

- 3 steps away from her ( Random: Only if you are a skilled or smart player and don't miss your punishes during her forward roll(s) )

- 3 1/2 steps away from her (very easy to punish anything of her's from this distance. And you are/will be mostly safe from most of her attacks)

- 4 steps away (Your best spacing/zoning against her. She'll always have a hard time reaching you from this distance. The A.I. will often also attempt the forward roll move tactic to zone in on you, to attack you from this distance. But if you are smart or skilled she'll always zone in right into your punishment with your 1 P+K move)

* Note: In case you haven't gotten it, distance and being away from Christie often favors you. Christie is extremely weak from far away. The only option she can do to pose a threat is run towards you and do a baseball slide kick before you have the chance to attack or block. That's pretty much her only option in this situation to kind of pressure you again. Other than run towards you and try and hit you with her quick poke strikes/strings. Otherwise once again distance doesn't favor much for Christie, if you play your cards right always. Staying within your 3 1/2 steps away from her. Or just 4 steps away the most furthest, is again a wise good zoning/spacing choice when dealing with Christie. Fight her knowing this for best fight comfort of confronting her.

5.) http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/DOA%205%20Name%20banners/lisa_zps2c062c7a.png

Ah lovely Lisa (La Mariposa), probably Leifang's most weakness or match up in survival. Lisa is very dangerous against Leifang. She excels in speed a bit, zoning in quickly at will, and aerial unpredictable attacks. Because she can easily zone herself on you at will or any unpredictable given time by her aerial move arsenal, she's both. A 1 P+K fast execution move poke type and a small/medium charge bait/Keep away game. Charge move character/opponent. It's about guessing well what type of Leifang's charge move should be used in a situation and hope for the best against Lisa. She is also a bit of a good mind game playing opponent, if you don't have much experience facing her. She will often force the player to guess hard what she will do. Often causing average players to have extreme difficulty predicting her. Often getting confusion on how to deal with her and panic. She has a nasty special mid air throw that can suck about a quarter of your health. Get caught in 3 or 4, or 2 of these and you're done depending on your life bar. Broken throw if you ask me. Tactic and zoning? Well obviously your long distance is your friend, but it's not good much if you want to damage/defeat her. So what to do? Play patient. She will try to come to you, usually by a goofy aerial string of attacks. You can play two ways. Kind of a safe way or risky, but a bit rewarding. You wanna play risky when she tries getting close, try 9 K K K, 3 P K K K, 6 6 K K, or simply 6 H+K. You want to play a bit safe? Play defensive a bit as best as you can and try and get a shake off combo going to keep her at a distance again. How do I apply the 1 P+K game? Well you should just go for fast execution pokes types, non charge ones mostly. As suggested previous. The charge bait ones should be used say if you're good at reading a stupid string she attempts that will take a bit to reach you like say her fist, fist, kick string strikes. Or fist, fist, spinning fist coming from her. You can also try and use the charge type 1 P+K move on her while she's getting up, but keep about 3 or 3 1/2 steps zoning so that if she gets up with a wake up kick or spinning sweep it misses you. Overall don't rely too much in the 1 P+K move/charge, unless you are a bit skilled. On higher defeat levels she will just be able to adapt to your 1 P+K move/charge tactic game and somehow be able to avoid it and often punish/pressure you. Either by side stepping, side walking or well timed counters. Just try and get 2 or 3 danger wall traps the most, if you can with Leifang's 1 P+K move/charge move. Then just stop using it and mix it up with your shake off combos or launch juggles combo(s) I explain earlier on my guide instead. She will destroy you with her cheap throw(s) real quick if you are not careful. To kind of deal with this with using Leifang's 1 P+K move, again I suggest throw in a fast execution type. Unless it hits a danger wall impact, you know what time it is. Bonus damage danger wall trap time with another quick 1 P+K after a success wall impact on Lisa. I suggest mixing up some of Leifang's strings 4 P P, 4 K K try and go for a launch like 3 K P+K. Then combo into P P K K. Mix up Lei's basic strings mostly and you should survive her wrath a bit with a bit of luck to keep progressing. I will tell you and warn you that to confront her in Champ through Legend survival and never fail when facing her, you must have a descent or good defense. Not having one means your chances of coming out winning against her in higher defeat levels are very slim and low. As she is by far your most problematic and threatening opponent you'll face in survival mode from my experience. So practice a bit your defense and sharpen it if you can. You also need to often play a bit patient when facing her. Sometimes playing defensive for a bit while/when facing her is the best option for good result outcomes. Not always, but often.

Habits

- Mid air special throw (sucks a tremendous amount of damage, so try and avoid it as much as possible. Even in full health bar, 3 or 4 of these could end your survival progress.)

- Back flips ( to easily get away from you or try and make you miss with attacks often)

- Lots of Aerial attacks (which are her most annoying habits)

- Spinning ground low sweeps

- Throw combos on higher defeat levels if you allow her to get close to you often by being careless a bit

- Strikes consisting of Punch, Punch, Spinning punch. Or Punch Punch Kick

- Baseball sliding kick (Random, if you are very far away from her and she runs towards you)

- Dynamic body dive attack towards you ( One of the most annoying move she has)

- Wrestling drop kick

- Fake out forward somersaults to confuse you she will attack you, but doesn't. But follow up that comes after does become a attack.

- Wake up ground sweep (Don't be near her often when she gets up as this wake up spinning low sweep.has a very good reach distance)

- Wake up throw (She can throw you when/while she gets up instead of a wake up kick. But she does it often in higher defeat levels mostly. Avoid being near her when she gets up and you should be fine from this)

- Back flip acrobatics somersault kick(s)

- Kick strikes/strings

- High counter, side stepping rate on higher defeat levels (Mostly if you keep using/abusing your 1 P+K through out the entire fight)

- Random low kicks

- Dynamic fast drop kicks

- Back turn special stance

- Launch kick

- Side stepping (Mostly if you abuse your 1 P+K too much)

- High counter rate (Mostly if you abuse your 1 P+K too much)

Hitbox

- During her punch string strikes, if they miss the 1st or 2nd strike (Provided you are in good/safe zoning/spacing obviously)

- A dynamic aerial attack miss hitting by a miracle, they are usually unsafe due to the recovery frames being often slow, so take advantage while she is landing on the floor and missed hitting you for a punish

- Her kick strings/strikes miss, after the 1st or 2nd one

- She attempts her special mid air throw, before it's "contact" successful throw frame time. ( Recommended for smart or skilled players only. As bad timing or mistake equals intense damage taken)

- During her ground spinning sweeps or low kicks if they miss ( They have a bit of descent/average recovery frame time for you to punish if they couldn't reach you, but you can often)

- Wrestling drop kick misses (unsafe because she lands on the ground with her entire body and needs to raise up again to be able follow up)

- Any common strike/string missing and trying to follow up instead of stopping her own attack(s)

**(Lisa continue guide)**

- Because she is so unpredictable with what she will do I would say 3 steps near her or less are bad/dangerous due to her speed and huge amount of zone in towards you priority moves she has.

- 3 1/2 steps near her (Random: Certain moves like Aerial or Dynamic Aerial ones can still hit you by luck. Recommended for smart, skilled players only. Or when your 1 P+K is no longer working and you want to move in for a mix up tactic instead )

- 4 or 4 1/2 steps (close to half a distance from her) is your best/safe zoning/spacing when dealing with her. Her zone in priority moves will often do the work for you, as Lisa will move within the reachable distance of your 1 P+K, while often miss hitting you. Keep in mind this zoning/spacing will be mostly used for trying to get Lisa into a wall trap or get a few punishing damage hits with her 1 P+K. After 4 or 5 charge attacks landed on her, you will need to play a bit risky and close in on her to change your tactic to shake off or do mix up combos to finish her and drain her remaining life. I suggest staying at 4 steps away for the best frequent safe zoning/spacing result.

* Note reminder: As I said, even though this is the best zoning/spacing for Lisa a bit. This applies when trying to do danger wall traps or using the 1 P+K move/charge move as a punish attack or bait/keep away game. Lisa by far will be the most problematic opponent you will run into in survival mode. She is also a bit of a mind game playing opponent for the inexperience players. Often making player have a hard time to focus in or predict Lisa's offense strategy. I will remind you that you will eventually need to change your offense tactic to close range distance. And mix up/change your strategy by doing shake off combos or launch juggle combos to finish/defeat her or attempt to. Otherwise you may face problems and possible defeat. Due to her special habit of eventually adapting to your charge move offense tactic strategy. Also distance and being away from Lisa is often your friend. Playing a bit patient to see what her next move(s) will be from a distance is also a wise strategy tactic often. To deal with her frequent mind games and unpredictable offensive habits for the average or less experience players. Sometimes even for some experienced or skilled players even. Which you consider applying in order to come out winning against Lisa. Staying within your 3 1/2 steps away the minimum. Or simply 4 steps away from her. Or just 4 1/2 steps away the most furthest, is again a wise good zoning/spacing choice when dealing with Lisa. Fight her knowing this for best fight comfort of confronting her.

6.) http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/DOA%205%20Name%20banners/sarah_zps8614e7a8.png

Probably my favorite Virtua Fighter character. Maybe because she reminds me of Samus Aran, one of my most favorite game characters created. Sarah can be dangerous up close. She has like these special attack strings which can zone/space her forward about 1 1/2 or 2 step forward towards you. Meaning if you are like just 2 or 2 1/2 away from her, she can kind of get you caught with one of her strings. Her punch and kick string strikes often have high stun priority also. Tactic and zoning? Well Sarah is a mix bag. Learning to read her is the key to applying the 1 P+K move/charge move bait/keep away game on her. My advice? Stay about 3 steps away from her the minimum. Or try and maintain 3 1/2 steps away mostly, or near 4 steps away for best zoning/spacing against Sarah. If she uses her one leg stance, baiting her with 1 P+K charge move is pretty unsafe. Unless you know you are at a good zoning/spacing away from her reaching you regardless. If you miss, she can get you in a crazy kick combining throw or string combo. Only way it works is you have to be about 1 1/2 step or so away after she's on her one foot stance. Quick execution 1 P+K move types are less risky. If she simply does say simple strings like P P P or P P K or simply does the air knee, go for the bait/keep away game and small charge or a mid charge your 1 P+K move. Or I suggest sticking to a only small charge 1 P+K moves. Don't charge it all the way. Only do a full charge or close to full charge type if you are skilled at reading her well and guessing good with timing, like me. Final hint I can give is that if you seem to get caught by her kicks, don't panic much. They seem often to be high kicks. So just counter high and you should be able to stop them often and getting off that pressure state. Unless you are extremely unlucky and the A.I. decides to mix the kick types she normally throws/attacks you with. I'd like to point out that she shares similar things to Genfu on higher defeat levels. That being that she is randomly aggressive on higher defeat levels. Mostly in situations in which you may miss hitting her with an attack or a 1 P+K move/charge move. Therefore failing to punishing her a bit, she will do everything she can to take advantage of your mistake. And punish/pressure you to try and turn the tables on you due to your errors/mistakes. For this reason I will say she is like Janne Lee, in that you don't want to be too close to her or too far away from her. For the reason of having a chance of miscalculating your hit mark a bit and paying for it. So like Jann Lee, she's a character we need to maintain a certain zoning/spacing distance and not exceed it either way. From being more close or more further. If you maintain that certain zoning/space often and always time well punishing her during her hitbox with your charge move, she won't pose much of a threat. You'll buzz through her without much problem. Staying within your 3 or 3 1/2 steps away from her. Or just 4 steps the most furthest from her, is again a wise good zoning/spacing choice when dealing with Sarah Bryant.

Habits

- Triple Punch strikes/strings

- Double Punch strikes with a kick

- Double air knees strikes

- Forward kick into punch strikes/strings

- Crouching low kick

- Low kick into standing punch

- Small crouching low knee kick to standing punch

- Elbow strike into speedy kick strikes

- Low spinning sweep (Has short range reach, nothing to worry about if you are in good zoning/spacing)

- One foot/leg special stance with confusing strikes/strings

- Fast strikes on higher defeat levels (Good defense is recommend and a must if she manages to get close to you and pressure you this way on higher defeat levels)

- Throws on higher defeat levels if you allow her to get close to you often by being careless a bit

- Mid air mini throw kick (Sarah can grab you in mid air with a certain kick attack and act as a bring down throw if she gets enough launch height on you. Only applies if she launches or juggles you)

- Punch strikes into air knee

- Mid air somersault kick

- Common kick strings/strikes (Most of them will be high, so they are counterable often by a high counter)

- Forward somersault flip kick (Comes out random though, rarely)

- Minor high counter rate in higher defeat levels ( If you don't time right your punishment, but her hitbox is rather easy once you get the hang of it)

- Random sidestepping

Hitbox

- When her punch strikes miss, after a 1st or 2nd one

- Low sweep misses

- Air knee or double air knee strikes miss, before she lands or exactly just as she lands

- Pretty much any strike/string missing and she's trying to follow up instead of stopping her own attack(s)

- 2 1/2 steps near her (Random, you can be safe from certain hits, but also not from some she may often do. Not recommended, unless you want to chance/risk it a bit)

- 2 steps near her or below being close/up close to her

- 3 steps near her (Random: Sarah can still randomly hit you if she gets lucky for some reason. With some of her attack habits. Though it's like a gamble 50/50 chance often. Not something that will happen or you should worry about often )

- 4 1/2 steps away from her (Half a distance away from her. Because she doesn't zone in much towards you with her attacks, your charge attacks have a small chance of miscalculating a successful hit/punishment. And as explain or a result, such a mistake the A.I. of Sarah will not hesitate to take advantage of it and punish or pressure you. Due to her aggressive nature on higher defeat levels upon your mistakes.)

- 3 steps away from her (Random: See above previous reason why. On the bad/danger zoning/spacing part )

- 3 1/2 or 4 steps away from her ( Your best zoning/spacing against Sarah. Try and maintain it as much as possible. Avoid being closer to her more than this. Or being further away than this distance from her. You'll be pretty much fine from this zoning/spacing area)

* Note: As a reminder again, Sarah is a opponent you want to maintain a certain spacing/zoning area only. Like Jann Lee and others opponents for best dealing situations and results facing them. Mostly in higher defeat levels. So try and not exceed 3 or 3 1/2 or even 4 steps away being the most furthest distance away from her. As much as you can. You can get away a bit with 4 1/2 steps away from her, but it's not always a good or wise choice to be this far distance away from Sarah. Staying within mostly your 3 1/2 or 4 steps away from her only, is again your best and wise zoning/spacing choice when dealing with Sarah. Due to her random aggressive nature for taking advantage of any missing attack mistakes you may do from a very long distance away from her. Staying within your 3 1/2 steps away from her. Or just 4 steps away the most furthest, is again a wise good zoning/spacing choice when dealing with Sarah Bryant. Fight her knowing this and you should be fine from getting into heavy pressure situations with her often. Or every time you come across her in survival.

7.) http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/DOA%205%20Name%20banners/mila_zpsb0e8a964.png

Mila, the MMA fighter of DOA. She's probably a bit of a threat against Leifang. She likes to abuse her grapple(s) and take downs on you if you block a lot or you miss hitting her. A minor/mid weakness against Leifang. Mila is a guessing game. She has a nasty body roll attack where she I guess does a forward somersault where her back and body lands on the floor and she kicks you while doing it. Must be painful the landing for her. But it has a nasty reach so it could mean problems for you if you aren't at your good/safe zoning/spacing against her. Tactic and zoning? Keep about 4 or 3 1/2 steps away from her as a zoning/spacing tactic. You want to play the 1 P+K charge move bait/keep away game with her, but keep safe from that nasty summer salt attack kick she has. It cover about 2 or 2 1/2 steps of coverage reach range, so it can reach you if you are a bit close to her. Her forward punch also has a good reach which I hate, so you will want to avoid these two things. I suggest practicing a bit your grapple/combo throw break timing in case Mila catches you on her floor grapple take down(s). If she gets close to you, again use Leifang's simple arsenal to shake her off and zone yourself good again. Use 4 P P or 4 K K, or 6 P K P for a shake off. Or risk the double sweep 1 K K if Mila is low on health. If you see her stun with these simple strings, launch her quickly by 3 K P+K. Do your P P K K combo while she's hopeless in the air. Use Mila's getting up recovery time to zone/space yourself again properly and good. Other advice is to try and keep Mila on the danger wall impact zone to finish her fast with the quarter damage 1 P+K wall trap game tactic. Or a simple mix up or shake off combo with extra danger wall damage bonus. On higher defeat levels, if Mila seems to be blocking a lot your 1 P+K move/charge move of any kind/type you throw at her. And she keeps getting you on her ground take down grapples. Or side stepping it, maybe counter. It's an obvious sign Mila has adapted to your charge move tactic. I suggest changing your offense tactic by mixing up Leifang's basic strings and attempt her small stun 3 K P+K launch combo strategy. And combo to P P K K always to make her harder to guess what to block if you have descent life remaining when facing her. As explain earlier or before, Mila and Lisa seem to magically be able to deal with your 1 P+K move/charge move tactic game eventually after a while. So you can't rely on Leifang's 1 P+K move/charge move much for the entire fight against Mila, just like when facing Lisa. Especially on higher defeat levels. So after 4 or 5 successful hits or so with your charge move landed on her, you have to change your offense tactic for defeating her to a close range mix up combos instead. I also again suggest you kind of practice a bit your combo throw breakers a bit to get the timing right. To break her grapples a bit, in case Mila starts abusing them a lot. Otherwise if you can't break them on a regular bases, and she gets you on a few of them, you could be done for and end your survival progress real fast. You can practice doing combo breaks in one of Zack's story mode chapters. The one where he fights Tina and Mila together by himself I believe. If I am not mistaking. Practice and do them 3 or 4 times there to get a good feel of the timing input to break Mila's grapples. I will also say that Mila is probably a good reason why you should learn "Tech roll" and "Tech recovery". Even though I said it was not that important as learning/doing side stepping and side walking. Because Mila has ground/floor grapples she can do to you. While you are knock down and trying to get back up. If you are not getting up fast enough, before Mila can reach and grab you. Just like other few opponents can as well. Such as Tina, Bayman, and Bass. Which I will also bring up again later on. On their individual guide section, to remind you. Though she doesn't seem to do her ground/floor grapples as much often as those other three. Which is a minor good thing for you. But regardless, I suggest you learn to "Tech roll" and " Tech recover" to avoid dealing with this bad situation. Which you may end up facing a lot, if you don't start doing them. When dealing with Mila or those other 3 certain opponents who are a bit ground/floor grapple freaks. Especially on higher defeat levels. "Tech rolling" and "Tech recover" will let you get up much more faster than normal. Making it more harder for Mila and the other 3 opponents have a harder time getting those ground/floor grapples on you. Other than those things I mention or brought up, you should be fine dealing with Mila otherwise.

Habits

- Punch strikes/strings follow by mid or low kicks

- Quick jab punches

- Quick jab punches, into kicks, or into take downs

- Forward kick

- Long reach kick (she faces backwards a bit if I recall after she does it)

- Punch strikes/strings into power punch blow ( The punch has good reach a bit and can knock you to the floor instantly on hit)

- Power punch blow (same as above,except without start up punch or kick string/strikes)

- Spinning low sweep

- Punch strikes/strings into grapple take downs

- Kicks strikes/strings into grapple take downs

- Grapple take downs (mostly if you block too long)

- Ground/floor grapples/throws

- Different variety of punching

- Forward somersault kick ( she throws herself forward towards you in a somersault like method landing on her back on the floor with a strong kick attack. By far her biggest reach attack)

- Side stepping (Mostly if you abuse your 1 P+K too much)

- High counter rate (Mostly if you abuse your 1 P+K too much)

Hitbox

- Her punch or kick strikes/strings miss you, after a 1st or 2nd one

- Long reach kick misses and she's about to turn her back on you

- Her power punch blow misses you

- She does a attempted grapple hold, but misses you due to being out of throw reach.

- Her low or spinning low sweep misses hitting you

- She does her forward somersault kick and misses hitting you, as her back is hitting/landing on the floor ( Due to you having a good/safe zoning/spacing at the time she does it)

- Quick jab punches miss, after 1st or 2nd. (Also before she does her kicks or tries to do a take down grapple on you)

- Pretty much any strike/string missing and she's trying to follow up instead of stopping her own attack(s)

- 3 steps near her or below being close/up close to her (Random, you are pretty safe from most of her attacks hitting you from this distance except maybe her power punch blow and her forward somersault kick which has incredible reach and her biggest one by far. From my knowledge)

- 2 1/2 steps near her or below being close/up close to her

- 3 steps away from her ( Random: See above previous reason why. On the bad/danger zoning/spacing part )

- 3 1/2 to 4 steps away from her, about half a distance from her. (Your best zoning/spacing against Mila. You will be safe often from pretty much any attack she has, even her biggest reach one. And because her biggest reach attack has a bit of zone in towards you priority, Mila will carelessly travel within your 1 P+K reach distance, even if you are a bit far away from her)

* Note reminder: Even though this is the best zoning/spacing for Mila as I said. This applies when trying to do danger wall traps or using the 1 P+K move as a punish attack or bait/keep away game. Remember you will eventually need to change your tactic to close range distance and mix up/change your strategy by doing shake off combos or launch juggle combos to finish her. Because of her special habit of eventually adapting to your charge move offensive tactic strategy. Otherwise you may face problems and possible defeat. Also again be sure to practice your grapple/combo throw breakers against Mila. It will come in handy often in case you face a situation where she will start abusing her grapples/take downs on you as a offensive tactic to try and defeat you. Also remember to try and learn to "Tech roll" and "Tech recover" if you can. To avoid dealing with Mila's random ground/floor grapples. To be able to get up much more faster than normal. So she doesn't have much of a chance to be able to ground/floor grab you. Staying within your 3 1/2 steps away from her. Or just 4 steps away the most furthest, is again a wise good zoning/spacing choice when dealing with Mila. Fight her knowing this for best fight comfort of confronting her in survival.

8.) http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/DOA%205%20Name%20banners/ayane_zps69596b71.png

Ayane, Kasumi's half/step sister. Ayane is ninja or a "kunoichi"(female ninja). So she mostly excels in speed, a bit aerial attacks, spacing or zoning in close to you at will often. She's also often a quick attacker/striker. To play your 1 P+K move/charge move bait/keep away game strategy against her you can charge your move a bit. Though I do not recommend charging it all the way. Rather you should charge it mid or small if you want/wish to do so. Reason why is because Ayane is a speedy freak. She's a ninja obviously as mention at the beginning. She can zone herself at will, like Lisa often. But she's a bit less dangerous because her damage power and arsenal is more balance damage wise, compared to Lisa. Ayane likes creating distance often from you to confuse you and hope you miss up the 1 P+K charge bait game, so she can directly attack you and punish or pressure you. By doing her spin dance, backing away from you. Reading her space is essential to guessing her approach and how it should be handled. You can also use non charge quick 1 P+K attacks if you feel scared or nervous a bit using charged ones for some reason or you feel you are letting Ayane get close to you often to pressure you. Or force you to go into defense often. She can be dangerous up close and mid close range. But also mid range can also be her weakness if guessed right. Tactic and zoning? Try keeping like 3, 3 1/2 or 4 steps distance from her at all times. Reason why is because she often likes abusing her double leg torpedo kick similar to Cammy's move from Street Fighter. This covers about 2 or 2 1/2 steps of distance radius coverage reach. So with 3 or 3 1/2 away from her you should be safe from getting caught from such abuse habit. Though I will say 3 steps away from her can be a random bad/danger zoning/spacing area. If for example she moves slightly a bit forward before she does her double leg torpedo kick, it can reach you by luck on her side. Anyway, if you are usually 3 1/2 steps or 4 steps away from her and her double leg torpedo kick attack misses, a sweet 1 P+K charge attack will be waiting for her when/if she misses with her torpedo kick. Ayane doesn't seem to counter much, until like the late 60's, 70's, or the 80's or so. So if she gets close to you about 2 steps or 1 1/2 step away you can abuse the quick 1 P+K non charge poke attack a bit until then. Though if she gets very close to you it's wise to not do this, and instead try the shake off strategy tactic. Once again if you get her in a danger wall impact end her misery as fast as you can by the bonus damage danger wall trap tactic. You don't want her being close to you or creating distance. That's her danger zones. If she gets up close to you, shake her off the same usual way with Leifang's simple strings of stuns/critical stun into launch, into combo juggle. Zone/space yourself good again afterwards as best as you can, before she gets up while she's recovering from the beating she took to land on the floor. Again if you don't wanna go for the stun/launch tactic for a shake off option, go for her 6 P K P as a quick shake off if you are feeling confident it will work on her to buy you some time to create space/good zoning again. If you are good at reading her aerial moves, time well 9 K K K or 6 6 K K. I recommend throwing small charged or a mid charged type 1 P+K moves once again. If you want to play a bit the turtle charge bait game with her. She's often too fast for a full charged type 1 P+K move. Unless you are really skilled of course. I will also point out that she likes sometimes quickly backing away from you by her spinning dance animation move, backing away from you. This can be dangerous on higher defeat levels because it may often cause you to miscalculate your punish/hit mark with your 1 P+K. She likes playing zoning/spacing mind games with you to kind of throw you off or force you to do a attack miss mistake. And just like Genfu or Sarah on higher defeat levels, Ayane becomes aggressive if you don't punish or miss hitting her. She doesn't hesitate often to take advantage of your mistake. And due to her ninja speed, she can easily zone in on you to your reachable distance and attack you real fast. Be aware of this and try and not make this mistake on her higher defeat levels and you should only have small problems often dealing with her. Ayane is also a bit similar to Jann Lee and Sarah. In that it's wise to maintain/keep a certain zoning/spacing distance only. And not exceed it by being further more away or closer than that. As I said Ayane is dangerous up close and very far away. Due to the fact that she can easily zone in fast on you from a distance, confuse you, and just pressure you quick. So for final advice, I will say it again. Staying within your 3, or 3 1/2 steps away from her. Or up to 4 steps away the most furthest, is again a wise good zoning/spacing choice when dealing with Ayane. Maintain only this zoning/spacing area distance away from her and you should be fine from running into this situation or other problems facing her.

Habits

- Fast/quick slap strikes

- Fast/quick slap strikes with kicks or low kick

- Spinning double hand/arm slap ( Has launch priority, be careful)

- Spinning animation move backwards ( She spins around backing/moving away from you)

- Spinning animation move forward (She spins around moving forward/zoning in towards/close to you)

- Spinning animation move forward to fast/quick slap strikes/strings

- Spinning animation move kick (The kick has a bit of good reach, but not as much as her her double leg torpedo kick. You'll be alright even from 3 steps away from her from getting hit by this)

- Standing Spinning mid kick ( Ayane uses one hand/arm on the floor to get a spin effect force on a kick. Therefore doing a sort of standing spinning strong kick. Has high stun priority effect if hit, so be careful ! )

- Spinning low sweep

- Triple aerial mid air kicks ( counterable by mid kick type counter. Recommend countering her 3rd final kick as it's the easiest one to counter or time right)

- High ninja jump loop/leap (She tries/attempts to do a "cross up" technique or landing behind you, on the other side. To catch you off guard, by doing a huge ninja jump)

- Variety of kicks

- Double leg torpedo kick (By far her most biggest reach move)

- High counter rate (Mostly on higher defeat levels. If you decide to keep spamming your 1 P+K while Ayane is not doing anything)

Hitbox

- She does fast/quick slap strikes and they miss, after the 1st or 2nd one.

- She tries doing her triple aerial mid air kicks, but misses with at least the 2 first kicks. ( Recommend for smart or skilled players only. Though her last kick is kind easy to punish if you get the timing eventually. It's a mid kick counter type)

- She does her spinning animation move and tries going into any strings/strikes, but fails to hit you when they start.

- During her spinning animation moves, if you are positive you can reach her with your 1 P+K at least

- Does her spinning double hand/arm slap and misses hitting you

- Does her spinning animation move kick and it misses you

- Double leg torpedo kick misses hitting you, as soon as it misses hitting you and she's about to land back again. (Due to getting/having a good/safe zoning at the time she does it obviously )

**(Ayane continue guide)**

- 3 steps near her or below being close/up close to her( Random: It's safe/good provided she doesn't do a fast small zone in towards you stunt/trick before she does her double leg torpedo kick. Otherwise if she moves a slight bit towards you before her double leg torpedo kick, it may still hit you from this distance)

- 2 1/2 steps near her or below being close/up close to her

- Exceeding 4 steps, like 4 1/2 or 5 steps onward away from her. ( She really won''t be able to reach from this distance. But because she's a bit of zoning/spacing mind games playing freak often for average players, she can quickly travel to you and try and do special "fake out" gimmicks and attack you real quick by surprise. To quickly punish/pressure you before you know it. Or because she throws/threw you off by minor confusion of distance or reach possibility. Often ending and costing you your survival progress if you are not careful. This is the major reason why I don't recommend going 4 1/2 steps away or more, if you are not experienced facing Ayane's A.I.)

- 3 steps away from her (Random: See above previous reason why. On the bad/danger zoning/spacing part)

- 3 1/2 to 4 steps away from her (Your best zoning/spacing against Ayane. You will be often pretty much safe from any attacks or gimmicks Ayane will try and throw at you from this area)

* Note: As a reminder don't worry too much about being far from Ayane. Only being extremely far or too far away from her should you do so. She will mostly travel within your 1 P+K move/charge move reach distance/area most of the time, when she attacks with anything. Or with her offense options or habits she will mostly try to do to you. As she is a ninja after all. That makes most of her moves or attacks in her arsenal have a small zone in priority towards you a bit. Again, because Ayane can be dangerous a bit from too far away and confuse you and pressure you into guessing a lot of what to do. Or how to deal with her before she attacks you by surprise. By her playing a bit zoning/spacing mind games of her own against you. Thanks to her spinning dance ability and her travel speed. Staying within your 3 1/2 steps away from her. Or just 4 steps away the most furthest, is again a wise good zoning/spacing choice when dealing with Ayane. To again, reduce your chances of making the mistake she wants you to make. Which is you missing hitting anything with your charge move. Fight her knowing this for best fight comfort of confronting her.

9.) http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/DOA%205%20Name%20banners/kasumi_zpsda8c5174.png

Yeah the lovely Kasumi. Pretty much the main protagonist of DOA. Like her half/step sister, Ayane, she's also a ninja or "kunoichi" (female ninja). Just like Ayane, she mostly excels in speed, a bit aerial attacks, spacing or zoning in close to you at will often. And quick attacks/strikes. However, she is slightly less threatening and problematic to deal with compared to Ayane. She's a lot easier to read than Ayane for one thing. Her zoning/spacing in speed is weaker than Ayane only by a small degree a bit, compared to Ayane. She will take a bit longer to get to you if you two are about half a distance from each, versus Ayane for example. And she doesn't really try and trick you much to catch you off guard, like Ayane does. If you are very far away from her. She's not much of zoning/spacing mind game playing opponent, compared to Ayane in other words. Instead she's more of a "always chase you/after you" type of opponent, if you are far away from her. And so obviously her main habit in this situation is either run towards you or use a attack that has a bit of high zone in travel towards you priority. She's an opponent that often it's okay to play your 1 P+K charge move turtle bait game by medium or small charge types to punish her. Tactic and zoning? Well I would say keep about half a distance from her. About 4 steps or 4 1/2 steps away from her. Ms Kasumi likes to do flying aerial somersault backwards ninja kicks. Also a move where she zones in quick/quickly about 2 steps by a quick ninja travel element move. It's like a jab follow up by small ninja speed elbow that she travels a short quick distance, with wind and flower effects I believe. I think you know what I mean. She likes doing aerial kicks to zone in close to you as well. Or ninja forward cartwheel kick(s). So just keep half a distance from her and mostly play the charge move turtle bait game. She's easy to punish if she misses with her moves trying to catch up to your exposed attack hit/contact reach zone/area. Where it's the only distance she can hit/reach you with her attack(s). Provided you are doing good/excellent zoning/spacing tactic strategy on her. If she gets into the danger wall impact, you know the drill to try and end her misery quick. It's deadly danger wall trap game time ! If she gets up close to you, shake her off the same usual method I explained. Go for Lei's stun strings into launches, into air juggle combo. Or use 6 P K P for a quick shake off as a sub. Use Kasumi's recovery time while she gets up again, to zone/space yourself good again. To start the 1 P+K charge move turtle bait game again with her from a good zoning/spacing position. Unlike Jann Lee, Sarah, or Ayane, Kasumi is actually not a opponent you have to be careful much with maintaining only a certain zoning/spacing area. On the contrary, distance from her is your friend often against Kasumi. Simply because her A.I.'s silly habits will be mostly doing aerial moves, or attacks that have small travel towards you priority most of them. They will mostly make Kasumi always get within reachable distance of your 1 P+K attack/charge attack. If her attacks miss you. Even from half a distance of her. And they are pretty much unsafe upon missing and easy to punish. So keep that in mind and you'll know why distance is a good strategy for facing Kasumi often. You shouldn't have much problems dealing with her if you follow my advice. As a final tip, she seems to fall often for sweeps or low sweeps. So don't be afraid to throw a few if she gets close to you.

Habits

- Quick strikes/strings

- Quick strikes/strings with kicks

- Kick strikes/strings

- Forward cartwheel kick (Has small forward travel priority)

- Low kicks

- Flying aerial somersault backwards ninja kick (Perhaps Kasumi's biggest reach, also very unsafe upon missing and has travel towards you priority)

- Variety of kicks

- Ninja travel element move (She mostly does 1 or 2 punch/quick strikes and goes into a slight special stance and just travels at a faster speed towards you a bit)

- Spinning rising mid air kick (Has small forward travel priority)

- Spinning double strong kicks

- Special mid air throw (She does a air somersault, trying to get on your neck/head by wrapping her legs around them. And bringing you down with her legs and feet)

- Forward cartwheel kick to elbow strike (Has small forward travel priority)

- Spinning low sweep

- Ninja standing mid air back flip somersault kick

- Spinning mid air kick to ninja travel element move

- Elbow strike

Hitbox

- Cartwheel kick misses

- Quick strikes.strings miss, after the 1st or 2nd one

- Her Elbow strike misses after the cartwheel

- During her ninja travel element move, if within reachable distance with your 1 P+K. (if you a bit experience with guessing the timing of this move before it finished her travel priority and is able to follow up with anything else)

- Elbow strike misses

- Special mid air throw misses to catch you, before or just as she lands

- Spinning rising mid air kick misses hitting you

- Kick strike/strings miss, after the 1st or 2nd one

- Flying aerial somersault backwards ninja kick misses, before or just as she is landing

- 3 steps near her or below being close/up close to her (Certain moves can still hit you from even 3 steps, so that is why 3 steps away is still labeled as a bad/dangerous zoning/spacing)

- 3 1/2 steps away from her ( average class type good/safe zoning/spacing area. You may sometimes may get hit, even from this distance due to just minor unluckiness. But it won't happen often much)

- 4 steps or 4 1/2 steps away from her (Half a distance from her. Your best zoning/spacing against Kasumi. You will be often pretty much safe from any attacks or gimmicks Kasumi will try and throw at you from this area)

* Note: As mention before, Kasumi is one of those opponents where distance actually favors you most of the time. Kind of ironic compare to her half/step sister. Or even brother. You'll be fine keeping your distance away from her all the time, because of her attack habits having zone in towards you priority mostly. As I mention before. Most of the arsenal attacks/habits Kasumi will abuse have zone in/travel towards you priority. So they will almost always get within your 1 P+K move/charge move reachable distance when ever they miss hitting you, for you to easily punish her whenever this happens. So do not worry too much about being too far away from her often. Just again make sure you try and not do a common mistake by now. Which is miscalculate your punish with your charge attack mostly. And end up hitting nothing but air. Always try and make Kasumi at least block your 1 P+K move/charge move as much as possible. To avoid getting/giving an opening for Kasumi to pressure/punish you and take advantage of your mistake. Especially on higher defeats. Which Kasumi can become a bit very aggressive. Staying within your 3 1/2 or 4 steps away from her. Or just 4 1/2 steps away the most furthest, is again a wise good zoning/spacing choice when dealing with Kasumi. Fight her knowing this for best fight comfort of confronting her.

10.) http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/DOA%205%20Name%20banners/eliot_zps6607db4f.png

Yeah Eliot, the famous pretty boy in DOA. Eliot is a lot similar to/like his master, Genfu. But is slightly more easier to fight or deal with, compare to his master. He's a bit less unpredictable compared to Genfu. He's not much a mind game playing opponent, compared to Genfu. So if you spend some time with him, you'll get this feeling/sense of assure expected attacks/habits he will often used/throw at you. You won't feel this sense of minor nervousness due to having a hard time predicting/guessing what to expect from him. Compared to fighting Genfu. So the 1 P+K move/charge move game can be played both by a small or medium charge type. Or a non charged, fast execution one. Tactic and zoning? Eliot is dangerous up close and randomly from his mid range hit box by Leifang. For his common habits, Eliot likes abusing his fist strings/strikes up close. His forward cartwheel kick to zone in close to you or his spinning flying aerial air kick, similar to Jann Lee's Dragon Kick. Which both have incredible reach. So try and keep your zoning/spacing to about 3 steps to 3 1/2 to avoid getting hit by these moves. Also this way, if he starts/attempts his fist strings, it will be kind of easy to punish by a quick 1 P+K move. Because his 1st or 2nd strike(s) will most likely miss hitting you. Turtle baiting? His turtle baiting charge move game is random. I would bait with Leifang's charge move if I am confident I am really 3 steps to 3 1/2 or 4 steps away from him. Reason why is because his forward cartwheel kick can randomly reach you by 2 or maybe 2 1/2 steps away from him. However 3 steps away from him is still not entirely safe because he can also abuse his spinning flying aerial air kick (i. e. his version of the Dragon Kick). However there is a 50/50 chance he'll do it so it's okay to risk it sometimes, if you have descent life bar and not panicking. His forward cartwheel kick can also reach you a bit from even 3 steps away if you are unlucky a bit. If say Eliot makes a slight small/short forward step towards you. Before he does his forward cartwheel kick. Going back to his spinning flying aerial air kick, if you can read his spinning flying aerial air kick. And time right the 1 P+K release timing, before the move is able to make contact/hit you, this will pose minor problems for you. As his spinning flying aerial air kick has a bit of a frame time at when exactly it can hit you, which skilled or smart players can take advantage of. If they have good reflexes or reaction time. Close tactic? Same usual method to shake him off. Eliot seems to also fall often for low strings or sweeps. If you are skilled at reading him you can play turtle charge bait with him with full charged 1 P+K. Or if you are not so sure, stick to mid or small charged 1 P+K's. If he gets close to you he will often abuse his fist string/strikes, just like his master. So just play a bit good defense as best as you can. As soon as he stops with his fist string/strikes, go for a shake off attempt or launch juggle combo. And you should be fine. From my experience Eliot's punch strings will mostly be mids and some highs. Though I would go mostly for mid punch counter types, if I wish to try and counter him. Though I will say only try to counter his punch strings if you have descent or good life/health left. In case you counter wrong by minor bad guess or bad luck. Otherwise try and defend and guard/block his punch strikes and pay attention to when he stops. Then try and go for your launch combo(s) or simple shake off strings/combo to get him off of you. To once again zone/space yourself well again. And keep Eliot away from you and punish/damage him from a safe distance.

Habits

- Fist string/strikes

- Fist string/strikes with kick, or low kick

- Small variety of kicks

- Forward cartwheel kick (Eliots biggest reach attack by far. It has quite an incredible distance of coverage and hit mark distance. Also punishable upon missing)

- Launch priority fist palm blow (rarely)

- Strong fist blow ( Has blow away knock out priority)

- Spinning flying aerial air kick ( Eliot's version of the Dragon Kick, probably his second biggest reach attack. But a bit easy to punish for skilled or smart players)

Hitbox

- Fist string/strikes miss, after the 1st or 2nd one

- Any suspicious palm or strong fist blow miss

- During his forward cartwheel kick, as soon as it misses hitting you ( Due to get having good/safe zoning at the time he does it obviously)

- During his spinning flying aerial air kick ( recommended a bit for skilled or smart players with good reaction/reflexes only)

- 3 steps near him or below being close/up close to him (Random: He can still hit you often from the area if he does his forward cartwheel kick. Otherwise you are pretty much safe any other attack Eliot may do, except maybe his spinning flying aerial air kick. If you are not good at punishing it on time)

- 2 1/2 steps near him or below being close/up close to him

- 3 steps away from him (Random: See above previous reason why. On the bad/danger zoning/spacing part)

- 3 1/2 to 4 steps away from him or more (Your best zoning/spacing against Eliot. You will be often pretty much safe from any attacks or gimmicks Eliot will try and throw at you from this area)

* Note: Eliot is a bit like Kasumi, where distance away from him actually favors you most of the time. As he will mostly attempt the same thing as Kasumi if you are far. Run towards you, start a attack/string that has zone in towards you priority often being unsafe and easy to punish. He's also a bit less aggressive than his master, Genfu. But he can still randomly be aggressive a bit. Also randomly if you miss up a punish. But as long as you can keep distance and not like miscalculate your charge move attack or attacks from hitting or reaching him, you should be okay dealing with Eliot. Also don't be afraid to use low attacks like Leifang's double low sweeps. He will often fall for low attacks for a bit, with no problem for you. Staying within your 3 1/2 steps away from him. Or just 4 steps away the most furthest, is again a wise good zoning/spacing choice when dealing with Eliot. Fight him knowing this for best fight comfort of confronting him

11.) http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Omega_Hibana/DOA%205%20Name%20banners/hayate_zpsf93464ea.png

Hayate, Kasumi's brother and Ayane's step-brother. Like Ayane, Kasumi, and his friend, Ryu. Hayate is a ninja. So mostly he excels in speed, a bit aerial attacks, and spacing or zoning in close to you at will often. Also a bit in quick attacks/strikes, but not as much as Ayane or Kasumi in terms of attack speed. And descent damage power, mostly with his counters. Or if he hits you by attacks that turn into counter hits/strikes priority moves. He can mostly be played as a turtle bait charge move opponent. But also requires you to master a bit the mid charge 1 P+K charge move timing limit. Not exceeding it (the mid charge type) and going for a full charge one instead or doing that mistake. Hayate has a habit of being a aerial attacker and doing a ninja wind travel element move tactics in which he can zone in on you or towards you real quick. Hayate likes confusing the player by doing a combo that includes attack strings/strikes, then switching to a special ninja stance. And magically travels a bit a few steps towards you to try and reach you by a follow up mid power attack after the ninja wind speed travel animation ends. Or sometimes a throw after his ninja wind travel animation. He's also a aerial freak as mention. Aerial is his most dangerous assets because it's hard to get the reading timing right to attack/stop him and read his animation. Or predict him well/good. Unless you are somewhat skilled already. Only minor easy to read aerial habit of his is his double or triple mid air aerial kicks. If you have a good zoning/spacing away distance from him of mostly 3 1/2 steps away, at the time. While he does this. It's easy to punish it with your 1 P+K move/charge move in this situation. If he can't hit you with his 1st or 2nd kick of his triple mid air aerial kicks. It is also easily counterable a bit by a mid kick type counter for skilled or smart players I may add. Tactic and zoning approach? Well as explained, he's more of a mid or small charge move turtle bait opponent. I recommend full charged 1 P+K moves for skilled, smart, or players who have lots of experience facing him or knowing his moves or habits only. You should spend some time to try understanding his animations, especially his confusing string(s), ninja wind travel element move which has zoning in travel priority. Once you get his habit, when he travels by his ninja wind travel element move, release your 1 P+K charge move before he completely finishes it and is able to follow up with anything else. He'll usually travel to your punishment reach distance location instead, which is/will be funny a bit. Keep your zoning/spacing about 3 to 3 1/2 steps away from him because of his ninja wind travel element move habit. 4 steps is also very safe and probably the best zone/space option to deal with him because of his random habit of aerial attacks he also posses and can attack you with. And they can still reach you even from 3 steps away from him or so. Shake him off the usual method with Leifang's simple stun string start up, into launches, into air juggle if he gets up close to you. Or go for 6 P K P for a quick shake off. Use Hayate's recovery time while he gets up again, to zone/space yourself good again to restart the 1 P+K charge bait/keep away game on him. He can be handled by turtle charge bait games with full charged types 1 P+K moves, but I recommend you stick with mid charged types if you are going for that tactic because of his tricks and ninja speed. If you get him into a danger wall impact, you know the drill by now. Danger wall trap game time on poor Hayate ! I would like to point out Hayate is not a character to take ever lightly or let you guard down at any given time when facing him. He sometimes likes playing zoning/spacing mind games with you a bit too, like Ayane. To confuse you and cause you to miscalculate your punish or charge move attack from hitting him. Except not as often or frequent as Ayane. He can also become aggressive often on higher defeat levels. He'll take advantage mostly if you make the usual common mistakes. Like miss punishing him with your 1 P+K move/charge move or at least forcing him to block with it or an attack. So try and not miscalculate your hits when you face him and you should be fine a bit dealing with Hayate. Once again I also think he is like Ayane in terms of being dangerous from very far away and very close/up close. Because he has a few arsenal tools that can cause you confusion on how to deal with them or what to do. Causing you to panic a bit and maybe catch you off guard with his attacks and pressure, like Ayane can. So Hayate like Ayane, Jann Lee, or Sarah is character you need to maintain a certain area space only if you can. And not exceed being further away or closer to him if possible. Staying within your 3 1/2 or 4 steps away from him. Or maybe even 4 1/2 steps away the most furthest, is again a wise good zoning/spacing choice when dealing with Hayate. Hayate also randomly can fall for low attacks or low sweeps often. Throw a few ones from time to time when he tries and pressure you up close.

Habits

- Basic string punches

- Strong punch blow ( can blow you away, sends you flying away with intense impact knocking you to the floor. Similar to what your 1 P+K normally does when you punish or connect with your opponent)

- Spinning Launch kick

- Aerial combo ( He goes into the air to do a mid air kick, comes down to do a low sweep, and finally does into a mid elbow/fist strike. One of his biggest reach attacks)

- Special ninja stance to ninja wind travel element move ( He travels/moves towards you real quick a few distance, with a wind effect surrounding him)

- Launch aerial raising ninja kick, into mid air hammer ninja kick ( He lefts you up if 1st attack hits you doing a raising jumping kick, otherwise he raises up into the air by a kick and comes back down with another kick to do another hit. Or brings you back down a bit hard from mid air if you are launched by his first kick. Has descent reach)

- Punch strikes/strings to ninja wind travel element move

- Ninja raising uppercut

- Elbow strike

- Running slide kick

- Ninja wind travel element move into throw

- Ninja wind travel element move into punch or elbow strike

- Double or triple mid air aerial kicks ( Hayate jumps into the air flying towards you, and is able to pull off 2 or 3 kicks on the air before he comes back down. By far his biggest reach attack. Counterable by mid kick type counter. )

- Variety of kicks

- Punch string/strikes into kicks

- Low kick/sweep

* Habit note: Most of Hayate's punches are mid punches. So don't panic much if you're under pressure or he gets too close to you. If you can guess or predict he will throw a punch/standing punch as the upcoming or next attack, do a mid punch/attack counter type. Most of the time you will counter his punches and make him pay for trying to pressure you this way. Very handy to know and make it easier to deal with Hayate a bit.

Hitbox

- Basic string punches miss, after the 1st or 2nd one

- Spinning launch kick misses

- The low sweep of his aerial combo miss hitting you, before he does his elbow strike (Due to get having a very good/safe zoning and distance away from him at the time he does it obviously)

- Strong punch blow, as soon as it misses you

- Elbow strike, as soon as it misses you

- Double or triple mid air aerial kicks, if he misses with his first 2 kicks (Provided you have such a good distance away from him when he does it and you know your 1 P+K can reach him)

- During his ninja wind travel element move, while you are seeing the wind effect. ( Provided you know your 1 P+K move/charge move can reach him. And also your release timing is good because his wind travel animation has not completely ended and therefore he can't follow up with anything at the time.

- Launch aerial ninja raising kick, into mid air hammer ninja kick misses, especially the final landing back on the ground kick attack of his (As soon as he is landing back on the ground and you know your 1 P+K can reach him)

**(Hayate continue guide)**

- 3 steps near him or below being close/up close to him (Random: You can be safe from some of Hayate's moves from this area but you can get hit often by his launch aerial raising ninja kick, into mid air hammer ninja kick. Or his aerial combo, or his double or triple mid air aerial kicks which are moves that have a bit of incredible reach.. As long as he doesn't do any of these moves I named, you should be fine a bit from this area a bit)

- 2 1/2 steps near him or below being close/up close to him

- 5 steps or more away from him (This mostly applies to average or low/less experienced players. If you think you are skilled or a smart players and can play under minor confusing/guessing pressure. Or zoning/spacing mind games, than it's okay to be on this far distance away from him. As Hayate is just a small bit less aggressive than Ayane from such a long distance away. Or playing his zoning/spacing mind games with you, if you compare the two.)

- 3 steps away from him (Random: See above previous reason why. On the bad/danger zoning/spacing part)

- 5 steps or more away from him(More than half a distance from him. Recommended only for experienced, skilled, or smart players only. As explained or stated above previous)

- 3 1/2, 4, or 4 1/2 steps away from him (Your best zoning/spacing against Hayate I recommend. You will be often pretty much safe from any attacks or gimmicks Hayate will try and throw at you from this area)

* Note: As stated, Hayate can be aggressive if you get too far from him. Like Ayane. He can randomly play zoning/spacing mind games with you. He has a few arsenal of tricks or moves he can confuse you a bit with to kind of throw you off. And eventually hit you by surprise if you are not careful. Which can easily turn the tables on you. Maybe even end your progress quick. That's why I said he's also a character you should maintain a 4 or 4 1/2 steps distance from him the most (half a distance from him) and not exceed further away. I will say it again and remind my readers. Staying within your 3 1/2 steps away from him the minimum. Or 4 steps or 4 1/2 steps away the most furthest, is again a wise good zoning/spacing choice when dealing with Hayate. For your best zoning/spacing comfort strategy. And chance of having a more comfortable/peaceful fight, fighting him. However Hayate is indeed slightly less aggressive than Ayane, only by a small bit. But he will often take advantage of your mistake in cause you still continue to do the same common mistake a player may face in survival mode. Not hitting anything with your attack(s) or charge move. Avoid this mistake as much as you can and you should be otherwise fine against Hayate and his random aggressive nature. So that being said, this only applies for average or casual players. Not for smart, skilled, or experienced players who can work a bit under small pressure. Fight him knowing this for best fight comfort of confronting him.