Delta3519

http://gfxuploader.com/images/gkdxbk6xp6wg4neu3ce.jpg

Are ads on the site being annoying? Are they popping up and taking over your screen, making sounds, following you, even when you don't scroll over it?

Report it here and Creech will get it taken care of :)

We here at XBA want the site to be the best that it can be, and to make it as user friendly as possible

To report an ad:

• List the name of what it is advertising
  • Copy the link of where the ad takes you when clicked (Yes that means that you will have to click on it once)
  • Your country

That's it! In no time at all it won't bother anyone ever again ;)

Q: Why not just use an ad blocker?

A: The advertising pays for the site. By using an ad blocker you make it that much harder for us to pay our bills. Ad blockers stop the ad from loading. The fact that the ad doesn't load means it's counter doesn't progress. No hit counter progression = no money. Maybe you could put in an exception to the blocker so that the ads on this site are permitted?

So please don't use ad blockers on this site

Notes: Thanks to Creech and troy for the explanation why ad blockers hurt the site

Edited by Creech

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the site needs adds because it helps support the site. I don't mind them, but lately they have been popping up and covering the whole screen, even when I don't scroll over it.

I was wondering, could add free for subscribers? Or at least make the pop ups stop. Thanks :)

I think making the site ad free for subs was something that they were looking at doing. It's in the thread in the sub forum, i forget what it's called but Webb started it, so you could have a look in that to see if it says it there.

If you use Chrome or Comodo Dragon this works awesome:

You are welcome.

We would rather correct the really obnoxious ads than have you guys use an ad blocker. Like Delta said, ads is how the site makes most of its money. Using an ad blocker here only hurts us. But, if you let us know which ones are being particularly stupid we can look into and usually get them replaced.

tl;dr, please don't use an ad blocker it kills the sites finances. just let us know which ad is broken and we'll fix it.

messaging creech is the best way to do that. unless he comes in here and says otherwise ;)

Edited by Creech

We would rather correct the really obnoxious ads than have you guys use an ad blocker. Like Delta said, ads is how the site makes most of its money. Using an ad blocker here only hurts us. But, if you let us know which ones are being particularly stupid we can look into and usually get them replaced.

tl;dr, please don't use an ad blocker it kills the sites finances. just let us know which ad is broken and we'll fix it.

messaging creech is the best way to do that. unless he comes in here and says otherwise ;)

I'm not sure which ones are acting up, I'll start paying more attention to it and post here about as I find out :)

The last thing I want to do is kill the site, so no add blockers for me ;)

I think making the site ad free for subs was something that they were looking at doing. It's in the thread in the sub forum, i forget what it's called but Webb started it, so you could have a look in that to see if it says it there.

I see it. No new news on it yet. I look forward to seeing it play out :D

Edited by Delta3519

I'm not sure which ones are acting up, I'll start paying more attention to it and post here about as I find out :)

The last thing I want to do is kill the site, so no add blockers for me ;)

I see it. No new news on it yet. I look forward to seeing it play out :D

Don't post here. Just message Creech. Visitor message should work.

I've had an ad blocker on my chrome forever now. Last time I didn't have one I noticed this site had ads that would play sound without me hitting anything and/or pop out and take over the whole screen and lag my browser.

If this site went ad free for the subscribers, I'd gladly subscribe to it just for that purpose ;) This site has helped me with many games and I love this community.

If this site went ad free for the subscribers, I'd gladly subscribe to it just for that purpose ;) This site has helped me with many games and I love this community.

Or you can sub anyways, since you're already using adblocker to give you that "feature."

Is this confirmed? It's not like the ad ceases to exists, it's just blocked.

If someone can confirm this to be true I'll remove my adblocker.

Webb confirmed it in a staff thread when we were discussing a couple of ads that were being beyond obnoxious and constantly popping open to take over the whole screen as soon as the cursor came anywhere near it. Holy runonsentence batman! The fact that the ad doesn't load means it's counter doesn't progress. No hit counter progression = no money.

I have an ad blocker installed too. But there are a couple of sites (this being one of them) that I disable the blocker for.

Edited by troy0891

Webb confirmed it in a staff thread when we were discussing a couple of ads that were being beyond obnoxious and constantly popping open to take over the whole screen as soon as the cursor came anywhere near it. Holy runonsentence batman! The fact that the ad doesn't load means it's counter doesn't progress. No hit counter progression = no money.

I have an ad blocker installed too. But there are a couple of sites (this being one of them) that I disable the blocker for.

I'll do the same. Thanks for the heads up.

I've had an ad blocker on my chrome forever now. Last time I didn't have one I noticed this site had ads that would play sound without me hitting anything and/or pop out and take over the whole screen and lag my browser.

You don't pay anything for the site, dude, the advertising pays for the site. By using an ad blocker you make it that much harder for us to pay our bills. Maybe you could put in an exception to the blocker so that the ads on this site are permitted?

Re the pop up advert, I can get it pulled easily enough. I just need to know some details, such as what it is about and if possible, the image link (if you right click on it you should be able to look at the info and get the link to the image). You can PM me with the info any time, all PMs get forwarded to my phone immediately.

Well you learn something new everyday!!

I too will create an exception for this site.

**EDIT** just started using Comodo Dragon as my browser, does anyone know how to create an execption????

**EDIT 2** Done now.

Edited by JB x360a

Well you learn something new everyday!!

I too will create an exception for this site.

**EDIT** just started using Comodo Dragon as my browser, does anyone know how to create an execption????

**EDIT 2** Done now.

Thanks man, we appreciate it.

Also, if you get an add that is annoying, I also need to know what country you are in.

Ideally, this info to get it blocked:

Image link

Destination link (yes, that typically means you have to click on it once)

Your country

You can post in this thread or PM me, either one will work.

I added this to my sig to get the word out. I bet there are a lot of people hurting the site with out even knowing it

Edited by Delta3519

I'm not bothered by the ads except the ones that pop up in your face and obstructing your view of the site. The other ones that irritate me are the casaforchildren (something like that or the one about giving abused children your voice). I'm all for helping abused children, but that same one has been on the site for like two months.

I feel this should be addressed.

http://i.imgur.com/vAMwb36.png

LOL It does seem wrong to advertise competitors to the web site your on :D

I'm not bothered by the ads except the ones that pop up in your face and obstructing your view of the site. The other ones that irritate me are the casaforchildren (something like that or the one about giving abused children your voice). I'm all for helping abused children, but that same one has been on the site for like two months.

Agreed, the pop up ones are the ones that really get on my nerves. The others don't bother me at all. I'm getting good at ignoring them ;)

Thanks man, we appreciate it.

Also, if you get an add that is annoying, I also need to know what country you are in.

Ideally, this info to get it blocked:

Image link

Destination link (yes, that typically means you have to click on it once)

Your country

You can post in this thread or PM me, either one will work.

What if it's a flash based ad? It doesn't take you anywhere when clicked on, just brings up a huge interactive menu, so no destination link. And since its flash based, I can't give an image url.

Actually, got a destination link since my browser said "loading from ____" in the corner.

http://www.crestcreator.com

http://puu.sh/52GVX.png

Edited by Ceris

Yes this pop up Ad's are very annoying, I'm using my iPad & the stupid up follows me while I'm scrolling through the forums, I'm all for advertising on here but this is not cool & it has only started in the past month or 2.

Tell me about it, I use a laptop and I can't find it right now - but a battlefield ad pops up and covers half my screen After I close it I don't see any battlefield banners so I have no clue why they popped up.