Challenge Guide and Tips

Shiftie

Zombie Driver Challenges

Weapons

If you skipped the campaign, here's what you'll be looking at for pickups. A different shade of the pickup will upgrade weapon/boost.

Gray - Machine gun. Your basic forward firing machine gun. Upgrading this will increase its damage and fire rate.

Blue Circle - Nitrous/Boost. This will refill your boost (:bbut:) gauge. Upgrading it will increase boost duration. Pairing this with high ramming will give you some awesome power for the Eliminator levels.

Yellow - Flamethrower. This will give you a flamethrower. In most scenarios you will want to either brake and let enemies pass you and follow them while lighting them up, or boosting ahead to the nearest enemy and lighting them up. It has a fairly limited range, making it a bit more difficult to use, but at the same time it has a wide attack cone, making missing that much harder to do.

Red - Rockets. This will allow you to fire a rocket directly in front of you. Upgrading it will allow you to fire multiple rockets at once, with increased damage.

Magenta - Rail gun. Forward firing beam that is very powerful, capable of firing through hard surfaces - including lines of cars - and decimating enemies in a couple of shots, if you can hit them. Upgrading it will increase the beam width and eventually allow you to fire two beams at once. These upgrades are expensive for a reason.

Blood Race

Basics

Does my car matter?: Yes, to an extent. Overall, you will want to beat the game to unlock the Hot Rod, which will be your fastest option for a long time. From there you can start saving up for your Super Car, or spend money on some upgrades to help you get gold early on without having to replay races. In either case, you will want the Super Car to be your go-to Eliminator car, and Hot Rod your primary race car. Either car can do well in Endurance mode.

Note: The Hot Rod and Muscle Car are basically interchangeable, but driving around and running zombies over in Lambo just seems more appropriate, plus the Muscle Car isn't free.

Race Mode: Race mode is very simple, you must race other cars around a zombie-filled track and be among the first three people to cross the finish line. You can die as much as you want, but you will most likely lose your place if you do. The best car for this is the Hot Rod, especially if you can quickly memorize the turns and shortcuts of a track, because you will be going pretty fast.

Eliminator: Similar to race mode, you will want to rush around the track to reach checkpoints that increase the time on the clock, allowing you to blow up more enemies. As you cruise around, you will pass weapon pickups and weapon upgrades that will allow you to lay waste to your opponents, increasing your score by 1 wreck every time you blow up an enemy car. Be aware that you will also be shot at during this time, so a vehicle with good armor will become increasingly important as you go through the tournaments. Eventually the best car for this will be the Super Car, especially with maxed out Nitro and Ramming to basically turn your car into a torpedo.

Endurance: For some curious reason you have a bomb in your car and you must rush through the course at top speed to increase the timer on the clock. The longer you can draw the clock out for, the better your score will be. Nitro will be your friend here, but don't forget about armor, as zombies and crashing can and will destroy your car(eventually). You will also be getting points for any zombies/objects you destroy along the way, either by shooting or driving through them. The best cars for this are either an armor upgraded Hot Rod or a speed upgraded Super Car.

Beginners' Tournament

36/40 Tournament points required for gold

Event 1: Race

Event 2: Eliminator

Gold - 16 wrecks

Silver - 9 wrecks

Bronze - 4 wrecks

Event 3: Endurance

Gold - 1:22

Silver - 1:10

Bronze - 1:00

Event 4: Race

From the start, take the left-most path and pull a u-turn around the corner on your left as you reach the end of this path. This shortcut will allow you to shave off 25% or so of the track.

Rookie Tournament

46/50 Tournament points required for gold

Event 1: Eliminator

Gold - 17 wrecks

Silver - 10 wrecks

Bronze - 4 wrecks

Event 2: Race

Event 3: Endurance

Gold - 1:47

Silver - 1:15

Bronze -0:52

This track has a large number of corners to deal with, but it also has a couple of solid straight-aways that you can boost through to make up some lost time.

Event 4: Eliminator

Gold - 21 wrecks

Silver - 12 wrecks

Bronze - 6 wrecks

Event 5: Race

Drivers' Tournament

54/60 Tournament points required for gold

Event 2: Endurance

Gold - 1:49

Silver - 1:15

Bronze - 0:50

There are multiple forks in the road, so be sure to take all available routes and clear them of as many cars and zombies as possible to give you bonus time.

Event 3: Eliminator

Gold - 20 wrecks

Silver - 11 wrecks

Bronze - 5 wrecks

By now you should be practicing ram boosting into enemies once you've upgraded your ramming and boosting. Pair this with a flamethrower and nobody will be able to escape you.

Event 4: Race

Event 5: Endurance

Gold - 1:43

Silver - 1:09

Bronze - 0:52

Another pitch black endurance races, and it also has tons of turns for you to get stuck up on. To counter this, make sure you're pretty much constantly firing because there are plenty of destructibles for you to destroy, and zombies to run over, to give yourself some more time.

Event 6: Eliminator

Gold - 21 wrecks

Silver - 13 wrecks

Bronze - 7 wrecks

Pro Racers' Tournament

64/70 Tournament points required for gold

Event 2: Endurance

Gold - 2:21

Silver - 1:32

Bronze - 0:55

Event 3: Eliminator (2min)

Gold - 16 wrecks

Silver - 10 wrecks

Bronze - 5 wrecks

Event 4: Race (3 laps)

Event 5: Endurance (0:45)

Gold - 2:27

Silver - 1:32

Bronze - 1:03

If you don't have it already, you should be able to get I don't Want it to End Yet! By lasting 2:30 in Endurance mode, which is only a few seconds longer than required for gold. There are tons of destructibles as usual, and thankfully this track is actually pretty easy to navigate too.

Event 6: Eliminator (2min)

Gold - 21 wrecks

Silver - 13 wrecks

Bronze - 7 wrecks

Event 7: Race (3 laps)

Zombie Drivers' Tournament

74/80 Tournament points required to gold

Event 1: Endurance (0:52)

Gold - 2:23

Silver - 1:34

Bronze - 1:13

Event 2: Race (3 laps)

Event 3: Endurance (0:38)

Gold - 1:43

Silver - 1:16

Bronze - 0:56

Event 4: Eliminator (2min)

Gold - 25 wrecks

Silver - 14 wrecks

Bronze - 10 wrecks

Event 5: Endurance (0:57)

Gold - 2:39

Silver - 1:51

Bronze - 1:25

Event 6: Eliminator (2min)

Gold - 24 wrecks

Silver - 15 wrecks

Bronze - 9 wrecks

Event 7: Race (3 laps)

Event 8: Eliminator (3min)

Gold - 31 wrecks

Silver - 23 wrecks

Bronze - 14 wrecks

Slaughter Arena

Harbour

Gold - 37,500

Silver - 18,500

Bronze - 7500

City Center

Gold - 50,000

Silver - 30,000

Bronze - 10,000

Park

Gold - 60,000

Silver - 37,500

Bronze - 12,500

Midtown

Gold - 75,000

Silver - 45,000

Bronze - 15,000

Suburbs

Gold - 85,000

Silver - 50,000

Bronze - 20,000

Train Station

Gold - 95,000

Silver - 55,000

Bronze - 25,000

Paradise Island

Gold - 105,000

Silver - 60,000

Bronze - 30,000

Edited by Shiftie

• 2 months later...
Looks to be very good to me. I'vecompleted the gamemid-November, so I can see where you're coming from. Good tips/guide.

Thanks. I was hoping to add a bit more to it (albeit not totally necessary, really), but given how long it's been since I've played the game I don't think that will be any time soon, if ever.

• 1 year later...

Blood Race: I can confirm you need to get the gold trophy for every tournament to unlock the "I just can't get enough!" achievement. To assist with this, you'll want to get all weapon upgrades, then purchase and fully upgrade the Sports Car, Bus, and Super Car. I used the Sports Car to get first place on every Endurance challenge, the Bus for first on Elimination, and the Super Car for every race. Took a while, but those vehicles did the trick. Also, the Hot Rod was way too touchy for me so I only used it early on.