Good News, Everybody!

BiggD

It may only be me, but I thought the bit about Silentium and the launch date for S-Ops Season 1.5 were the best parts about the update. Can't wait to get more Halo lore!

Well if it isn't DarkReign, resurrected from the dead!

I would be excited for Silentium, but since I was late in getting Cryptum, I decided to wait until all three were released as a boxed set to purchase them. I'm probably missing out on some heavy Forerunner lore :(

I've resorted to lurking the boards mostly these days. Nobody talks about anything interesting anymore. It's mostly bitching about Specializations, playlists, and other multiplayer-related crap. I'm just clinging to any lorish goodies I can sponge up and waiting for the Halo 5 board to go up so some real speculating can begin without there being a million other posters to clog up the circuit. And since there's not a thing to go in for Halo 5, not a lot of that can really be done yet anyway.

And yes, you're actually missing quite a bit of important Forerunner information. Primordium didn't really do a whole lot toward the Halo 4 plot, but Cryptum taught us a great deal about the origins of the Didact and the Librarian and the events that lead up to activating the Halo Array. Fortunately for you, there are still a few key points of information lacking such as the Didact's extreme disliking toward Humanity. At the point in the second book, he's actually seems quite delicate and understanding of the Human Race (Both books actually take place after the Halo 4 Terminal story) so something in the 3rd book is apparently going to make him revert back to his hatred of the Human species.

I've resorted to lurking the boards mostly these days. Nobody talks about anything interesting anymore. It's mostly bitching...I'm waiting for the Halo 5 board to go up so some real speculating can begin without there being a million other posters to clog up the circuit.

Yeah, that's the truth. I'm eager for the Halo 5 Forums to open up. Should be a good time with all of you discussing the premise of the game and whatnot.

And yes, you're actually missing quite a bit of important Forerunner information. Primordium didn't really do a whole lot toward the Halo 4 plot, but Cryptum taught us a great deal about the origins of the Didact and the Librarian and the events that lead up to activating the Halo Array. Fortunately for you, there are still a few key points of information lacking such as the Didact's extreme disliking toward Humanity. At the point in the second book, he's actually seems quite delicate and understanding of the Human Race (Both books actually take place after the Halo 4 Terminal story) so something in the 3rd book is apparently going to make him revert back to his hatred of the Human species.

Shame on me for missing out on Bear's novels! Come March, I'll definitely pick up all three of them though. Based on what I saw from the Halo 4 Terminals alone, I'm pretty interested in understanding more about the Ur-Didact (and his hatred towards Humanity) and the Bornstellar Didact. I've heard mixed reviews on the Forerunner novels, but I'm in the minority who enjoyed Traviss's novels, so I'm sure I'll like Bear's too.

Honestly I didn't care for Glasslands, but I thought Thursday Wars was a great comeback for her. I didn't have much faith in her writing for the series the day they announced her continuing Nylund's work, but TW has me looking forward the last installation. Bear's trilogy is much the opposite, though not quite as extreme. I loved the first one, but found the second one to be rather bland and "tolkein-esque." I still liked it. It just didn't grab me like the 1st one did. Still dying to read the third one though.

hah books. u know what books r 4? NREDS! thats rite i said it. *puts on sunglasses and moonwalks out of room*

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/33186209.jpg

Honestly I didn't care for Glasslands, but I thought Thursday Wars was a great comeback for her. I didn't have much faith in her writing for the series the day they announced her continuing Nylund's work, but TW has me looking forward the last installation. Bear's trilogy is much the opposite, though not quite as extreme. I loved the first one, but found the second one to be rather bland and "tolkein-esque." I still liked it. It just didn't grab me like the 1st one did. Still dying to read the third one though.

That's where I'm on my own when I say that I enjoyed both of her novels, although I loved Nylund's writing much more. Wonder why he stopped. I've been digging around on the HaloWiki about the forerunner and I'm super pumped to read all three Forerunner books. If the second one is as 'eh' as you said, I've heard Cryptum and Silentium were/are going to be really good.

I thought they already did that with Reach?

They're playing the long con here.

I like your sig btw.

edit: oh god I just went to the blog that I seen at the bottom of the image and there are way too many cute cat pictures there. I feel like my life has been improved by this. Thank you forum's poster Merch.

HOLY SHIT AMAZING

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwc2zzJTzl1qhy6c9o4_400.gif

FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lttc0jdSU81qhy6c9o4_400.gif

I NOW HATE YOU MERCH I CANT DO ANYTHING BUT BROSE THAT SITE ARRRGGHHHH

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9hbpdSJIX1qhy6c9o1_400.gif

TURNING OFF MY COMPUTER NOW TO SAVE MYSELF BROKE CAPS LOCK KEY IN PROCESS SEND HELP

Edited by Ty-Rex

Bump, Bump, Bump for all who care.

We have quite the Matchmaking playlist update planned for next week! Here to talk about the specifics of what will soon be greeting you upon sign-in is our Matchmaking Systems Team (Bravo in particular, in case you were wondering).

Week of 1/21:

On Monday, Spartan Ops returns with Episode 6, which will contain five new Spartan Ops missions. Also premiering is our “Community Forge Test” playlist, which introduces community-made Forge maps into a brand new Matchmaking playlist. These maps have been selected with the assistance of the Community Cartographers as the first batch of community favorites, and this hopper allows you to play a variety of 4 vs. 4 game types, to report bugs and provide feedback that will be reviewed by the Matchmaking Systems Team.

Once the playlist is live, you may report bugs to the Community Cartographers by posting in this thread: Community Forge Test Bug Reporting Thread

We’ll provide the complete list of maps this weekend in the Matchmaking section of our forums. Once the playlist is live, we’ll create and maintain individual threads for each map. The Matchmaking Systems Team will actively monitor these threads throughout the week and use your feedback to determine which maps will be added to Matchmaking. We hope you’re as excited as we are about the Community Forge Test playlist!

Next week’s update will also include the unlocking of two new Specializations for all Halo 4 players: Pioneer and Pathfinder.

Pioneer: Spartan optimization for deployment into uncharted, hostile territory (such as uncolonized worlds or Forerunner constructs like Requiem) for the purpose of gathering and relaying information. The Fast Track armor mod allows Spartans to gain more experiential data from each encounter, effectively ranking up more quickly during the process.

Pathfinder: Spartan optimization for deep, unconventional deployment within unknown enemy territory and with little to no assistance from command. The Gunner armor mod decreases the time of weapon overheat when occupying a vehicle weapon position, and increases Spartan speed while carrying a detached turret.

As always, when you level up through these dedicated paths, you will unlock armor sets, emblems, visor colors, weapon and armor skins, and armor mods which provide even more options to customize your Spartan-IV to fit your preferred role on the battlefield. Good luck advancing through these new Specializations!

As you likely know, the Infinity Challenge online finals will be coming to a close in a few days, and competitors are fiercely battling it out for dozens of prizes across all three tiers. The ultimate prize is a UNSC-themed Ford F150 SVT Raptor, and part 2 of our “Making of the UNSC Raptor” series will be released tomorrow here on Halo Waypoint. Look for it then! Special note to all Infinity Challenge participants that any competitor found or suspected to be cheating, stat padding or involved in any collusion will be removed from the leaderboards and tournament without any notice.

To switch gears ever so slightly, we’re sad to report that the service end-date for Halo 2 PC Multiplayer will be February 15, 2013. We’ve been monitoring the population for months, and it’s been peaking consistently at approximately 20 players or less. Those that own this game can continue to enjoy Multiplayer over LAN after that date; however our network services will be turned off at that time. We love you, Halo 2 PC, and you will live forever in our hearts.

Edited by BiggD

To switch gears ever so slightly, we’re sad to report that the service end-date for Halo 2 PC Multiplayer will be February 15, 2013. We’ve been monitoring the population for months, and it’s been peaking consistently at approximately 20 players or less. Those that own this game can continue to enjoy Multiplayer over LAN after that date; however our network services will be turned off at that time. We love you, Halo 2 PC, and you will live forever in our hearts.

Wait...am I reading this right? No...no no no...

FUCK YOU 343, FUCK YOOOOOOOUUUUUUU

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edit: I got so mad, my head felt like it was boiling. Never been so mad in such a long time. Now I will never be able to get that Halo 2 matchmaking fix in again.

Edited by LickableLemons7