Arrow

Shiftie

Anyone else see the season premier of Arrow last night? It's on the CW, so maybe not :p I found it surprisingly good, despite the fact that I'm not really a DC comics characters fan, aside from mainly Batman, but I guess I never realized Green Arrow is basically Batman + Hawkeye. Not really as awesome as either of them imo, but a combo nonetheless.

As far as the show is concerned, I can see the story getting kind of annoying at times, like Smallville did from time to time, but I found the action scenes to really stand out when you compare them to other TV shows. A lot of that has to do with the actor I'm assuming, who seems to be able to handle everything the role asks of him pretty well. Overall the episode made me want to keep my eye on the show for at least a few more episodes to see how the story pans out, and watch some more action.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the show was a little cheesy at times (what do you expect it is from the CW) I agreed with you though. I loved the action in this, I also loved the pilot because it set it up where I am actually looking forward to the next episode. I think the whole concept is really interesting and I hope that this show makes it to the next season!

WELL!!..still a pretty good show. Action is still keeping me going, though some of the characters are kind of annoying because of how the show is written. Oh well, I'm used to annoying characters on cable shows.

Basically everything Oliver Queen/Green Arrow and detective guy related is great. Everything else is so-so.

I'm not really interested, personally. I've liked Green Arrow over the years but have never been a huge fan. Plus I couldn't in my wildest dreams see something like this ending up good. Just my opinion. Though I hear Deathstroke is making an appearance soon. Kind of want to see him, just for the heck of it.

Awesome..not much of a DC/Green Arrow buff myself, but I know Deathstroke :) Apparently he's making an appearance in the Nov 6th episode. I totally missed the easter egg in the first episode though.

http://www.boomtron.com/wp-content/uploads/Deathstroke-arrow-cw-1024x575.jpg

I must have been in the bathroom for that because that's really...really obvious.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/10/Deathstroke-610x406.jpg

I'm curious whether or not it was Deathstroke who appeared at the end of last episode, not in his costume though.

Overall I think if he's in the show it'll definitely be worth checking out for the fight scenes.

this interests me, so i got the first 2 episodes.

never really liked smallville - but aparently its totally different my friend said.

It's still kinda..gay, like Smallville was. Perhaps even more so, I don't know why writers for the WB need stupid drama in their shows. The action still stands out though as I've already said so whaaateeeever...

Here's the list of episodes with dates via Wikipedia

3 "Lone Gunmen"- October 24, 2012

4 "An Innocent Man" - October 31, 2012

5 "Damaged" - November 7, 2012

6 "Legacies" - November 14, 2012

And here's the remaining episodes that currently have no release date for series 1!

7 "Muse of Fire"

8 "Vendetta"

9 "Year's End"

10 "Burned"

Yeah I still have to watch the new episode of Arrow, hopefully I will have time to do that today.

Wasn't too bad. I'm glad some story-related events occurred, though otherwise I don't pay attention too much to the story anymore. Other than that I am glad they are actually adding some villains, even if Deadshot isn't a Green Arrow villain. Kind strange how he died (still possible he didn't I guess) the way Deathstroke should have taken an arrow. I guess Deathstroke will hopefully be a recurring character. Already confirmed for a few episodes so most likely I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it was on a night early or what but I just finished up this weeks episode..as bad as the acting and writing can get (CW after all) I'm glad the fights are good, especially now that Deathstroke the Terminator is in the house! Apparently Oliver and I have the same birthdate as well, just a few years apart, go us :woop:

• 3 weeks later...