|10-18-2010, 02:04 PM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2008
Colour cooordinated collectables and achievent guide
Here is a step by step colour coordinated guide to all the collectables, where to expect achievements to unlock and some of the ammo dumps in Alan Wake: The Writer.
Credits go to MadMaxxx123, Superspud1232003, iambenk and Dannyb0yUK for doing the most of the work.
1. Missable Achievement:No Puctuation requires you to complete the level without dying or reloading a checkpoint, and all in one sitting. It is recommended to do this on a second playthrough, since you'll be going for the other achievements.
2. Night Springs (1/10): In the maze, after you get the shotgun, go left.
3. Night Springs (2/10): In the lodge, wait until all the poltergeist objects have been defeated, you’ll find it on the fireplace.
4. Night Springs (3/10): From the lodge go outside and to the left near a gate, you’ll find it on top of a bin.
5. Night Springs (4/10): It's on the roof of the spinning cabin. Step into the cabin and when the TV switches on come straight back out. Wait for the cabin to spin around and jump on the roof and grab it. This may take a few attempts so be patient.
6. Missable Achievement: Grab the manuscript page, and follow the route as fast as you can. Light the words to make a bridge. There will be a Taken on the path between the two tornados, but he can be dodged easily. Make your way past him and make another bridge to get reach the ladder. Whirlwind will unlock near here.
7. Ammo: Next to the well with the word ‘hole’ is a police car with the word ‘fireworks’, shine your torch and there will be an unlimited supply of flares so grab as many as you can.
8. Story Achievement: Run through the wheel and take the elevator for Ding! to unlock.
9. Night Springs (5/10): After the elevator you’ll find yourself at Stucky's gas station. Head to the Deerfest float, to the side of that near a cliff is a copy on a bed.
10. Night Springs (6/10):When Zane starts to talk to you on the bridge you’ll see two trucks. Run around the first truck you see.
11. Ammo: On top of the bridge with the Taken, the shotgun and the words ‘Boom’ and ‘Crumble’. Next to the TV set is three flash bangs. These may come in handy for an achievement later in the DLC.
Last edited by kiedis1984; 10-18-2010 at 06:09 PM.
|10-18-2010, 02:05 PM||#2|
Join Date: Aug 2008
12. Night Springs (7/10): Come off the log that Zane has given to you. Look to your left you’ll see a rather Freudian big red boat sticking out of the ground . To the right of the red boat is copy number 7.
13. Missable Achievement:Listen to the conversation between Alan and Dr. Hartman and use record-player when prompted. You need to listen to this in its entirety, Heartbreaker will unlock as soon as Mr. Wake calls bullshit.
14. Night Springs (8/10): Go outside and you’ll come to a crashed plane. Drop down, and it is in the wreckage.
15. Missable Achievement: To the left of this plane across the gap is the tight squeeze follow around it for the Creative Space achievement.
16. Ammo: Whilst here, use the typewriter keys to get yourself some flares and a flare gun.
17. Missable Achievement: After picking up the manuscript page and instigating the memory, shine your torch on ‘ignite’ to relight the lighthouse. Make your way to the lighthouse without firing a single shot for theGo Gentle Into That Good Light achievement. Take your time; and wait for the light to destroy the taken. Using flares and flash bangs is OK.
18. Night Springs (9/10): Go behind the lighthouse and you’ll see it on a red chair.
19. Night Springs (10/10): When you’re back at the cabin, turn around and run up the hill to pick the final Night Springs video game for Licensed Properties and 30 Gamerscore.
20. Story Achievement: Over come your demons and defeat the final patch of Taken and Kill Your Darlings will be yours.
21. Missable Achievement: If you managed to defeat the final assault without dropping to a state of low health (the screen will change to black and white if you do) you will be awarded with Iron Will. Use flares to make light work of the birds (no pun intended), and throw down a flash bang if the Taken are giving you any problems.
22. As stated in No. 1, if you managed to complete The Writer in one sitting without dying or reloading a checkpoint No Punctuation will unlock after the credits.
And there you have it: nine achievements and 250 points to add your gamerscore. This is a fairly easy list and it should not give you too much difficulty.
Feel free to print off this guide if you want, but don’t repost to another site (a site that is not x360a), without crediting myself AND MadMaxxx123, Superspud1232003, iambenk and Dannyb0yUK. It would only be fair!
Last edited by kiedis1984; 10-18-2010 at 06:08 PM.
|10-18-2010, 08:55 PM||#3|
Join Date: Dec 2008
Thanks for the guide. Just got all the cheevs except for No Punctuation.
Latest Completion: Red Faction Armageddon
Working on: L.A. Noire, NFL Tour
Looking forward to...Battlefield 3, Gears 3, Silent Hill