Question on level 8 Mid Boss..

Gio De Janiero

Padon this thread if its a bit long....Ok, I made it to the level 8 mid boss (vitis engine) on the arcade mode without dying. Now I've noticed when you get to the final "form" in which the ball spins back and forth on single player the balls spins MUCH faster a lot earilier then if you were to do it on 2 player. Theres a certain point when the ball spins so fast its like it automatically hits you even though your facing it and attacking, and the thing is you can have full health and once it hits you you die in 1 shot. I've even tried it with a turbo controller and it STILL hits you. Needless to say I was TRULY, INCREDIBLY, INFURIATINGLY frustrated...to say the least. Does anyone know anytips/methods to pass this jerk of a mid boss without dying? Much appreciated, and again, sorry for the long post.

Padon this thread if its a bit long....Ok, I made it to the level 8 mid boss (vitis engine) on the arcade mode without dying. Now I've noticed when you get to the final "form" in which the ball spins back and forth on single player the balls spins MUCH faster a lot earilier then if you were to do it on 2 player. Theres a certain point when the ball spins so fast its like it automatically hits you even though your facing it and attacking, and the thing is you can have full health and once it hits you you die in 1 shot. I've even tried it with a turbo controller and it STILL hits you. Needless to say I was TRULY, INCREDIBLY, INFURIATINGLY frustrated...to say the least. Does anyone know anytips/methods to pass this jerk of a mid boss without dying? Much appreciated, and again, sorry for the long post.

This is actually really simple under certain conditions. Do not use laser on him. If you have only your main weapon be extremely cautious as to where you are since the gaps in its recoil are enough to kill you if too close.

I always try to stay in the middle. If you can strafe backwards while firing forwards that will help with positioning. There is a point where it gets super fast and you'll notice the floor reverses direction with each hit about 5 or 6 times. So all you really need to do is just press right, left, right, left, right...and then youll need to take notice that it starts to go one direction for 2 hits or so. Adjust positioning accordingly.

You can also try the run method. Although it requires extreme coordination and focus. Similar to the Ikaruga final boss with its alternating white/block shots.

This is actually really simple under certain conditions. Do not use laser on him. If you have only your main weapon be extremely cautious as to where you are since the gaps in its recoil are enough to kill you if too close.

I always try to stay in the middle. If you can strafe backwards while firing forwards that will help with positioning. There is a point where it gets super fast and you'll notice the floor reverses direction with each hit about 5 or 6 times. So all you really need to do is just press right, left, right, left, right...and then youll need to take notice that it starts to go one direction for 2 hits or so. Adjust positioning accordingly.

You can also try the run method. Although it requires extreme coordination and focus. Similar to the Ikaruga final boss with its alternating white/block shots.

Personally I feel much more comfortable with the run left, turn shoot, run right, turn shoot method so try both to see which you feel better with. Also to add with the basic weapon comment if that is the case for me I will turn and shoot only one bullet with timing I find it to be much more consistent than mashing out multiple bullets because as said it can slip through. MG makes this easier since you can just hold it down, I'll usually exchange my non-laser slot for the MG just before the boss for this fact alone for more consistency, and since I grab the crash on that slot for the final boss anyhow it doesn't have any real effect on my game plan later.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot. F$&CKING HELL I was SO PISSED, was so close to beating it without dying :mad:

Personally I feel much more comfortable with the run left, turn shoot, run right, turn shoot method so try both to see which you feel better with. Also to add with the basic weapon comment if that is the case for me I will turn and shoot only one bullet with timing I find it to be much more consistent than mashing out multiple bullets because as said it can slip through. MG makes this easier since you can just hold it down, I'll usually exchange my non-laser slot for the MG just before the boss for this fact alone for more consistency, and since I grab the crash on that slot for the final boss anyhow it doesn't have any real effect on my game plan later.

Thanks, I'll try anything at this point as long as I can get passed that damn boss without dying.

When you are fighting the Pillers leave one hanging from the ceiling so when it is the only one left climb up it and hang from the ceiling then destroy the piller and the rolling boss can never get you!

Dude you are FUCKING AWESOME, I could kiss you (no homo). That never even occured to me. Again, thanks A LOT.