Personal Hardcore Tips!

DreamDevice

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have one question; does the amount of health you get from healthpacks resemble the amount you get from Zealot, or Survivalist?

Honestly I felt like it was more Normal-Survivalist. I was suprised by how few damage enemies were doing compared to how much a single Health pack was healing me. I never used a Large Med Pack and rarely used Medium ones though I kept them on me the most.

The suit I used gave me a +15% Med Pack Usage so that could have been a major game changer. By the end of the game you could buy a small condo on the mississippi river from the sheer amount of unused med packs you collected...

Dont you have to also be wearing the CE edition's suit to gain that extra damage bonus with the Force Gun?...or can you get the CE's Froce Gun damage bonus without wearing that suit?

Oops, you're right. I'm trying to remember what the Zealot Force Gun itself does because I can't go look (my attempt at Hardcore got interrupted and either way I gotta start a new game so I can't check in game), but I believe the gun does increase damage as well

I have some questions...

And I have some answers!!

First, I always get hit in a room that's similar to the Gov security door room(where you pick-up the javelin spears schematic). I have no idea where I could camp and always get hit in there. Any tip on that ?

Javelin Spears not ringing a bell, if you could clearify the area a bit more I could help a bit better so the only advice I have currently is with the force gun in times of timed arena style fights I could litterally run around like a mad man blasting face all over the walls. The onyl time I would move around was when Johhny PukesAlot shows up for an early bird special

Secondly, at the elevator where Necros fall...Do I just stand in a specific corner ? Or do I have to move from corner to corner ?

Stay my good man! Pretty much any corner but I coward in the left hand corner between where I entered and where the switch was like a 12 year-old school girl at a rob zombie concert. They will drop down to the left and to the right of you. The right always closest and will attack first. Quick Trigger these motha's and it should be a breeze. There is only ONE time 3 of them will drop other than that its always in groups of two. for about 5 rounds I wanna say. The same goes for the Tripod Elevator ride, I stayed with my back to the door I entered and only shot the tripods that appeared in the immediate left and right windows. The others couldnt touch you and I didn't wanna waste ammo knowing that the event will end when my O2 gets to 40%. Each event by the way that your within a vaccum will only last till your O2 is at 40%. Remember that it could save you the run across a room to a door when you could have been there at the perfect moment.

Thirdly,should spend a node to get the power-node schematic ?Talking of schematics, does someone have the list of power-node enabled rooms that give a node or two with other things/conductors making more than 10k in total ?

Rule number one of Dead Space is ALWAYS carry an extra node with you, even if your next goal is one node away, that one saved for a room will benefit you. And YES, oh dear god please open the room with the node schematic. Its the second store you get to right out the door and down the hallway. Don't worry about the details or where things are...simply check all rooms like you did the first playthrough only faster. Holding onto ONE, ALWAYS, will you get you anywhere you wanna be....much like visa only with less interest. You'll be fine don't fret too much on what TO do, rather just do what comes natural to you. If you follow this guide you should be gold on the basics...it's just about your shooting skills and your ability to cheese it when and if in danger...

Finally, you said we get a suit from a Pack (15% med kits healing with 15 slots). Is it all I need or do I have to find schematics and change suits ? Or again do I have to find schematics, pay for the armor in order to have 25% armor and 25 space ? 15 slots seems pretty low to me..

Yes. I mean no. Wait yes. Your level 2 suit will rape the begining of the games face. You'll find the advanced suit in the caverns I believe. Doesn't matter if you check all rooms you'll find it naturally. The only time you switch suits is when you get the Advanced so make sure you get it. That 15 slots is to save you from the 5 or 7 and a half that you start with whatever that is. Plus the med bonus. Later you'll have so many health packs even your babys momma will come knockin' at the door for hand-me-outs so don't worry about loosing that ability with the advanced suit.

Brilliant guide & very humorous! I've been trying to tell people to save in Chapter 5 at the exact point you describe and then take a break because I found the sequence right after meeting up with that bitch Dana complete murder with so much at stake (ie. having to restart the game.) By doing it this way, the disc swap checkpoint is a psychological godsend when you come back for your next play session.

Splitting the game into "chunks" and not overdoing it with marathon sessions is what got me through Hardcore.

Again, awesome post.

I have some questions...

And I have some answers!!

First, I always get hit in a room that's similar to the Gov security door room(where you pick-up the javelin spears schematic). I have no idea where I could camp and always get hit in there. Any tip on that ?

Javelin Spears not ringing a bell, if you could clearify the area a bit more I could help a bit better so the only advice I have currently is with the force gun in times of timed arena style fights I could litterally run around like a mad man blasting face all over the walls. The onyl time I would move around was when Johhny PukesAlot shows up for an early bird special

Secondly, at the elevator where Necros fall...Do I just stand in a specific corner ? Or do I have to move from corner to corner ?

Stay my good man! Pretty much any corner but I coward in the left hand corner between where I entered and where the switch was like a 12 year-old school girl at a rob zombie concert. They will drop down to the left and to the right of you. The right always closest and will attack first. Quick Trigger these motha's and it should be a breeze. There is only ONE time 3 of them will drop other than that its always in groups of two. for about 5 rounds I wanna say. The same goes for the Tripod Elevator ride, I stayed with my back to the door I entered and only shot the tripods that appeared in the immediate left and right windows. The others couldnt touch you and I didn't wanna waste ammo knowing that the event will end when my O2 gets to 40%. Each event by the way that your within a vaccum will only last till your O2 is at 40%. Remember that it could save you the run across a room to a door when you could have been there at the perfect moment.

Thirdly,should spend a node to get the power-node schematic ?Talking of schematics, does someone have the list of power-node enabled rooms that give a node or two with other things/conductors making more than 10k in total ?

Rule number one of Dead Space is ALWAYS carry an extra node with you, even if your next goal is one node away, that one saved for a room will benefit you. And YES, oh dear god please open the room with the node schematic. Its the second store you get to right out the door and down the hallway. Don't worry about the details or where things are...simply check all rooms like you did the first playthrough only faster. Holding onto ONE, ALWAYS, will you get you anywhere you wanna be....much like visa only with less interest. You'll be fine don't fret too much on what TO do, rather just do what comes natural to you. If you follow this guide you should be gold on the basics...it's just about your shooting skills and your ability to cheese it when and if in danger...

Finally, you said we get a suit from a Pack (15% med kits healing with 15 slots). Is it all I need or do I have to find schematics and change suits ? Or again do I have to find schematics, pay for the armor in order to have 25% armor and 25 space ? 15 slots seems pretty low to me..

Yes. I mean no. Wait yes. Your level 2 suit will rape the begining of the games face. You'll find the advanced suit in the caverns I believe. Doesn't matter if you check all rooms you'll find it naturally. The only time you switch suits is when you get the Advanced so make sure you get it. That 15 slots is to save you from the 5 or 7 and a half that you start with whatever that is. Plus the med bonus. Later you'll have so many health packs even your babys momma will come knockin' at the door for hand-me-outs so don't worry about loosing that ability with the advanced suit.

Thanks for the tips. It's my only achievement missing and plan on doing it the sooner possible.

For the first question.. It's the same room that you have to remove batteries in Zero gravity in order to "extinguish" a fire. There's 3 of the batteries. And when you remove one, the air percentage falls of 33% each time. After that, you have to get one of these batteries and take it to the next room because the one in place doesn't work...

Again, many thanks for you answer =]

Here's a good tip: Don't fuck up the eye-poke machine. I just did and I felt like an idiot. Now I get to replay from the drill ride onward all over again.

All things considered it's not that much I have to replay, but I still felt like an idiot for dying in such a stupid way.

well, i would like to say great tips for hardcore, but im having a major issue with the game.. so much it may make me seem like a noob..

In the very first chapter of the game, the fast mob that comes just after you get your stasis ability always kills me. I dont know why my stasis hit wont slow him down, and why my plasma cutter only shoots a single round before i get hit, but its really starting to piss me off. Tried this now about 10 times and im getting VERY SICK of watching the opening bullcrap.

This is a very informative guide and a great read. I'm just about to start my first playthrough of Dead Space 2. I was originally only planning on doing 2 playthroughs of the game. One on Casual for the majority of the achievements and then a New Game + run on Zealot. I wasn't even going to attempt Hard Core mode until later in the year. But, after reading your guide, I think I'll give it a go. Thanks for the awesome tips. :)

I'm doing my hardcore run now. I just got owned and turned off my xbox, forgetting that the chapter 7 checkpoint glitch goes away if you do that :(. So it's back to chapter 4 and all those quick time events.

And Isaak sounds exactly like Tom Cruise I swear to god. I kept thinking of Scientology instead of Unitology while playing.

This is a very informative guide and a great read. I'm just about to start my first playthrough of Dead Space 2. I was originally only planning on doing 2 playthroughs of the game. One on Casual for the majority of the achievements and then a New Game + run on Zealot. I wasn't even going to attempt Hard Core mode until later in the year. But, after reading your guide, I think I'll give it a go. Thanks for the awesome tips. :)

Blood, it's very important that you know exactly whats coming when its coming. The biggest life saver is knowing your enemy and their movements to a "T". I DO suggest playing the other modes first only to gain an understanding of what you can and can't do during tense moments. I knew I could run through this room this direction with a guy here and here because of my previous play-throughs. I also knew that a Necro will jump out of a vent here, BUT, if you're looking and aiming at that vent waiting for it he'll switch sides on you.

Devils in the details my man and it WILL save you frustration at the end.

well, i would like to say great tips for hardcore, but im having a major issue with the game.. so much it may make me seem like a noob..

In the very first chapter of the game, the fast mob that comes just after you get your stasis ability always kills me. I dont know why my stasis hit wont slow him down, and why my plasma cutter only shoots a single round before i get hit, but its really starting to piss me off. Tried this now about 10 times and im getting VERY SICK of watching the opening bullcrap.

Yeah what was really strange is that guy never hit me at first, nor in my hardcore but owned me twice in Zealot. DIRECTLY after you hack the stasis panel aim and stasis him a second time, then strafe to the right and shoot out his legs.

...Trust me I know how you feel.

Thanks for the tips. It's my only achievement missing and plan on doing it the sooner possible.

For the first question.. It's the same room that you have to remove batteries in Zero gravity in order to "extinguish" a fire. There's 3 of the batteries. And when you remove one, the air percentage falls of 33% each time. After that, you have to get one of these batteries and take it to the next room because the one in place doesn't work...

Again, many thanks for you answer =]

Ah yeah I know where you're talking about. It's one of those rooms that looks like that one and closes for an arena fight. I was worried about it as well, seems you and I have the same fears, YET, with my Force Gun I was able to clear out the room easily. Directly opposite from the glass wall is the door that I believe might look like a church door, either way its a door in a small square area. If you back up into it two enemies will drop down from the ceiling above you, to pukers will drop down near the right stair case, and the fucking crawler things will spawn outside the room and haul-ass your direction. just keep plenty of ammo and make sure you waste plenty on their pathetic advancements...

Wow very informative guide. I need a strategy for stalkers though. I just died during the first stalker fight at the end of chapter 4. I dunno what it was. Maybe I was just too nervous.

Come to think of it, I fucked it up real bad lol. I was dreading that part and when it happened, my hand were shaking and before I knew it, Isaac was lying dead on the floor and 1 of the stalkers was pecking on him.

Do u think the force gun would work here? Or should I TK the poles lying on the floor? Or should I just use plasma cutter? During my last messed up run, I tried to use the cutter and must have been shaking so bad, I couldn't hit anything :uzi:

Wow very informative guide. I need a strategy for stalkers though. I just died during the first stalker fight at the end of chapter 4. I dunno what it was. Maybe I was just too nervous.

Come to think of it, I fucked it up real bad lol. I was dreading that part and when it happened, my hand were shaking and before I knew it, Isaac was lying dead on the floor and 1 of the stalkers was pecking on him.

Do u think the force gun would work here? Or should I TK the poles lying on the floor? Or should I just use plasma cutter? During my last messed up run, I tried to use the cutter and must have been shaking so bad, I couldn't hit anything :uzi:

I would write up a Stalker guide but I fear more people may have already gotten use to them. Stalkers my man are the easiest Necro's you will face. There's nothing like a dumb AI to run directly at you that doesn't deserve whats about to happen to it.

Before I discovered the Force Gun I was TKing the shit out of them but then again, there's nothing like missing one to anger you so bad you punch your dog for running at you as well.

Honestly on your Hardcore you shoudln't have to TK any type of weapon. It's all about your guns. Sides...why run the risk?

Here's your tip. Anywhere there's Stalkers Room Peak it like I said earlier. Get them to come to you and stand in a position where you can't be surrounded, I.E. any door you entered. For the event your speaking of, stand in the center till the gates drop, run to the broken door and hang out right there. If your TERRIFIED Stasis the ostrich and own him with whatever means you like, including simply throwing insults his way. HOWEVER, I can tell you that weather you Stasis, try to TK, etc and MISS, your Force Gun equipped will be usable in enough time than before he can get to you. Wait till he get close, BLAST him in the face, shoot him while he's down or wait for him to come back for more. Hell even shooting them in the legs with the Cutter will stop them from advancing, the fact that your being hit at all should tell you that you need to calm down or back into a corner, AND the fact that your DIEING from them tells me your either not healing after you've been hit, or for whatever reason your pinballing yourself all over the room, because I know for a fact they are a 2-3 hit kill on you. 1 will not kill you.

The biggest problem people have is running around like headless chickens, just stay still, drink a margarita and wait for the jerk-off to rear his ugly head. By that point your Force Gun is a 1-2 hit kill. Don't fret it bro, there are much harder areas than to worry about the pet cats running around.

Lol entertaining post as expected! I only had 5 hours sleep last night so I'm probably not in the best state of mind to be doing hardcore.

When I got knocked down by the first stalker, I remember pressing the button to heal but I guess I must have still been aiming my gun at the same time, which is why it didn't happen, oh well.

But damn, this game keeps me coming back for more. I'm sure I'll be thinking of it while trying to sleep even though my eyes are already very tired by this point (almost 3 am over here lol).

Heh I cant seem to down that first tripod with ease. I always burn all my ammo and medpacs even with running in a giant oval to refill kinesis. Nervous nelly all up in that shit... he always seemed like such an easy boss even when I first met him Zealot style, but there is just something about that damn thing that gets me every time. Then I got passed him and got raped in the washer/dryer room cause I burned all my medpacs on the first tripod... such is hardcore for me.