XBA Orientation: A guide to help you with our website!

Creech

Welcome http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/icons/messages.png Unread 0, Total 0

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/icons/check.png My Checklists

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/avatar.pnghttp://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/icons/user.png My Profilehttp://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/icons/settings.png Settingshttp://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/icons/logout.png Log out http://www.xbox360achievements.org/rekserv/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=1&cb=$rand&n=aa48ca67

How do I change my photo? I have my avatar, but I don't know how to change this so there is a photo or something.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks! Also, I'm not 100% sure this is the appropriate thread...

As of right now, that photo is a default image for what will be your avatar picture. This is a new tidbit that I'm sure will be implemented in the days to come. For now though it will just be a standard image so no worries. :)

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Imhappy you guys have something like this but if possible it should be placed in a more easy to find place, because i rarely visit forums

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I've had a lot of things going on recently. Where would you recommend it be placed?

how am i 2 link my gamer tag 2 my 360org profile ??

You must have at least 10 non-spam posts on the site.

I'm trying to figure out how to edit my profile, if anyone can help me please message me

I'm having the same trouble I can not figure it out......Can anyone help us?

I also cant figure out how to assign my gamertag to my profile on here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
how do you change your gamertag after you have already setup your profile?

What exactly do you mean by change your gamertag?

For instance, when you signed up, you put in what use to be your gamertag but now it's changed and you just want it updated?

If that's the case then click [here]. Scroll down to the section that says, "Additional Information". You'll notice at the bottom that it will have a place for you to put in your Gamertag. Simply change it to whatever your new gamertag is and it will update it around the site and on your profile. Hope this helps.

Note: New members who have less than 10 posts will not be able to edit their details until they have made 10 non-spam posts in the forums.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a member for a few months now, and just went to rate the games in my collection list, but I didn't understand how the ratings system worked, unintentionally rating a game with a zero. I am unable to change the game rating. Is this related to my being "confirmed" as a member (i.e. posting to a forum x number of times)? I have my xbox profile/gamercard linked, so I presumed that I was confirmed.

P.S. Love the Achievement checklist...very useful

Edited by Dieselx12
Clarify question

Interested in Helping Support x360a.org?

If you like the site and enjoy what you see here at x360a, we also ask that you consider donating to the website if possible. By no means are you obligated to donate as it is strictly up to you. However, if you would like to make a donation, it doesn't have to be any certain amount just whatever you think is suitable and can afford. The links for donating and/or subscribing to x360a can be found at the top of the forums page as well as in this thread. Again there is nothing saying that you have to donate, it's solely optional and doesn't in any way affect membership to the site or it's content. Here at x360a, we appreciate any and all support and again would like to welcome you to x360a and hope you enjoy being a member as well as having as much fun as we do getting achievements accomplished! :) There are tons of friendly names around the forums and loads of gamers, myself included, who would love to play games, any game, and get set up some party matches of nothing but good solid clean fun gaming!

• What benefits does subscribing to x360a have? How do I go about subscribing? Click HERE to have those questions answered.
  • Want to represent x360a? Click HERE for details.

If you have any further questions or comments that weren't answered here, please post with your question and/or comments. No guarantee's or promises as I am only one person, but I'll try to do my best to dig through the forums to discover the information for you and have this thread updated when I do. I'll also send you a PM (Private Message) giving you the link of where you can find the information you were looking for if you haven't already found it by that time. The best advice I can give is to just browse around the forums, use the search feature, get acquainted with them and the content in each and you'll better know where to look for things.

Also if anyone finds any mistakes (typos, incorrect links, etc...) please PM me and I'll get it corrected A.S.A.P.! You have no idea just how many tabs I have loaded up in Firefox right now. I have to scroll through them all. :p

Again as I said, I'm only one person but I'll do my best and do appreciate any and all feedback. More importantly, I'm going to be updating this as often as possible so that it stays as current as possible. Be sure to keep checking back to see what has been updated.

Special Thanks:

Of course special thanks are in order for all who have helped in making this thread better than what it was when I first started it. Whether it be a helping hand (with mod powers) or helping with ideas for new content and things to help new members and even some current members become more acquainted with x360a. So I'd like to say "Thank you" to those names following. If I've forgotten someone, I apologize, just send me a quick PM and I'll get you on here as well.

Jdm7399 - Huge thanks definitely goes to Jdm first before anyone else because he helped me to get the thread situated and a little more organized for our members. Also, for showing support as a mod for this thread and knowing, as much as I know, that it's going to help a lot of members of x360a now and in the future! Not to mention, thanks for the sticky Jdm! :p

Marx0r - Thanks to Marx0r for submitting in new ideas, things to include that are very useful in this thread and very beneficial to our new/current members! Also would like to thank Marx0r for helping me keep the links updated as well.

hey ingles, i kept on clicking "here" but did not see how to enter your contest. was that an oversite or what. i thought you ended up saying that we were to sign up online is that correct

I've been a member for a few months now, and just went to rate the games in my collection list, but I didn't understand how the ratings system worked, unintentionally rating a game with a zero. I am unable to change the game rating. Is this related to my being "confirmed" as a member (i.e. posting to a forum x number of times)? I have my xbox profile/gamercard linked, so I presumed that I was confirmed.

P.S. Love the Achievement checklist...very useful

As of right now, once you submit a rating for a game, that rating cannot be changed. I'm not a fan of not being able to change it because my opinion about a game can change over time. I'm not sure if making it so that users can edit their ratings is in the works or not. I can try and ask around and get back to you with what I find.

hey ingles, i kept on clicking "here" but did not see how to enter your contest. was that an oversite or what. i thought you ended up saying that we were to sign up online is that correct

Are you talking about my Gears of War 2 DLC Giveway in my signature? The link should work properly. If it isn't working for you properly then go to the following link:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=255310

You may want to hurry. Tomorrow morning at 12:00 A.M. is when it ends so get your name in there if you want to be included. :)

• 4 weeks later...
ok so i need to make like 10 posts to add my gamertag? .. but i cant spam.. so i dont know a quick conversation here perhaps? .. btw does this count as one?

In order to edit your profile, you must make 5 non-spam posts in the forums. It has been changed from 10 to 5 posts minimum to try and discourage new members from spamming posts in order to get to the minimum requirement. With all of the threads around the forum, getting 5 posts is a simple task that no one should have trouble with.

No. Posts made in this thread do not count towards your post count.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Who edits and/or manages these threads? It cant be one person can it? Does the website have a team of people to do this?

Sorry friend, it's just me who edits this particular thread and makes changes occasionally. The admins and moderators of this site are the ones who manage all threads within the Xbox360Achievement.org forums.

A while back when I first started this thread, there was no "directory" if you will for new members to look over so that they could quickly get to the places they needed/wanted to go within the forums. This thread is the only thing close to a directory for new members that there is. Over the years, threads have been created to answer commonly asked questions to help alleviate the creation of new threads, hence crowded forums. I created this thread as a means to get new members plugged straight into the forums and on their way. That's the reason why I've included links to some of these threads to get members started, even those members who have never used or written in a forum before.

I'm constantly editing, adding, deleting material in this thread to keep it updated as much as possible but with my own life and work, I update whenever I can or have some free time.

When users posts questions, I try to find them the answer(s) they are looking for as quickly as possible and usually end up adding it into this thread for any other members who might have the same question(s).

thanks for the greetings i am new to all of this stuff on forums and stuff and it really seems difficult to catch on to everything you have here but overall the site is amazing hope i can be a bigger part of it soon

why does the site require members who want to sign up for the leader boards to make 50 post thats a lot especially for someone new to the site

Edited by CovertDog

thanks for the greetings i am new to all of this stuff on forums and stuff and it really seems difficult to catch on to everything you have here but overall the site is amazing hope i can be a bigger part of it soon

Don't let yourself get frustrated. It can take some time to get a hold of things, but once you do, you'll be on your way and helping around the site before you know. Your welcome. :)

why does the site require members who want to sign up for the leader boards to make 50 post thats a lot especially for someone new to the site

It can seem like a lot to someone who just signed up but it really isn't all that much. As to the "official" reasoning behind requiring 50 posts, I'm not completely sure. An admin or moderator may want to chime in on that one. You'll see throughout the site that there may be small requirements on different things, mostly to narrow out the cheaters and non-legitimate members. We also want to encourage a sense of community in the forums which I feel is the most important factor and what has helped this great site make the leaps and bounds that it has since its inception.