WaveBreaker Guide

Tyger7

Introduction

Seeing as this is the hardest achievement in the game, I decided to give you the best tips I can. With these tips, a few good dedicated hours in practicing, patience, and a lot of luck, you might be one of the few people to get this achievement. I do have the achievement myself, and everything I'm about to tell you is all personal experience which made the difference in the end to gain the achievement. I got to wave 29 while getting the achievement, but you can stop after the achievement unlocks.

What exactly the achievement means by 25 waves

It means literally, pass wave 25. You can start at any wave you want to get this achievement.

Level: Skirmish Gates

The reason you want this level is because it's the biggest level. You have a lot more room to escape enemies, and more time to shoot down planes for health. The other maps are small and in one of them, a sea creature that you can't kill is also randomly destroying your ship when you least expect it. The gates in this level are extremely helpful. The suicide ships die when they run in to it, so you don't have to kill that many of them yourself.

Lives

You only have 3 additional lives (so 4 total). There is no way to earn more nor can you continue in this mode. This is one of the reasons it's so extremely difficult. You need to be good enough to the point that you don't lose any lives until wave 23 and still have at least 1 in 24.

Weapon Upgrades/Squad

Every time you kill a green enemy (who is the last enemy to spawn, so it takes some killing for them to show up) you get an upgrade. If you're starting at wave 19 you will get them in this order: Shotgun, Quasar Gatling, Dominator Cannon, Squadron (2 random ones) Reflector, and Nailgun. If you get a healer as one of the squadron, that's the best one. Sonar are the worst, as there aren't any submarines so it's "perk" is useless. It's jamming abilities would be good, but the squadron will surely die before it has a chance to go against an enemy with rockets.

Health Pickups

These are in he form of 3 planes flying in a random direction. You have little time to disengage your enemy and even less time to shoot them down. It is much easier with the stronger guns. Even if you have full health, you should try to shoot them down to have the health there just in case. They can be confusing to get to as the arrow that alerts you seems inaccurate.

Special

Remember you can use your special here with the :ybut: when the meter is full. You fill this by killing enemies. The tougher the enemy the more you get. If a suicide ship hits a gate and gets destroyed, you will not increase in special. Only if you are the one who destroys them. Using the special at the right times is crucial. I will explain in each wave when it's best to use it.

Wave Breakdown

Wave 19

The first bunch of enemies are weak and bullets are pretty easy to dodge. Just keep moving as you shoot them with your gatling gun. This wave should fill up a good portion of your special. You'll mst likely not need the planes for health, but if you do it's a pain to shoot them down with your weak weapon.

Wave 20

The two ship types on this wave are the ones that when in danger, flip over under water and the bigger ships that shoot flames. You will want shoot at the flame ships first, trying to finish off your special power meter. Shoot at the diving ones when you have a chance, using your :rtbut: to shoot torpedoes at them. If you happen to get hit with flames, make sure you aren't speeding around with :bbut: or it won't diminish. Use your special to take out most or the rest of them.

Wave 21

This wave is very easy, it consists of suicide ships and bigger ships that leve oil to make you slower. Speed around the level dodging the suicide ships, and they'll kill themselves on the gates. If one is getting dangerously close, leaving a mine or two will kill them. Now you can go kill the harmless oil ships.

Wave 22

You should have a squadron by this point. Hopefully one is a healer. Circle around the level leaving mines and shooting at all the very fast ships shooting at you. There are a lot of them. Try to avoid sticking around too much in one spot unless you have mines all around it. The enemy wll eventually leave the yellow mines themselves. Your squadron most likely won't last. If you're lucky you'll have one left with low health. Also your power meter should be full again.

Wave 23

Here you will be fighting the Vanquishers. They shoot rapid cannon shots that completely destroy you. Just a few hits from them will kill you, so you have to be constantly moving, only pausing if they are too far away to hit you. The trick to these ships, is they can't shoot behind them. They can only shoot in the front 180 degrees. That helps when there is one on the screen, but this wave has tons of them. This is a good time to use your power. You should try saving it for when the planes come in, that way you kill the planes too easily. The green enemy here is even more powerful than the normal enemies, so you will most likely be fighting it last. This is where staying behind works. Hopefully you have at least a life or two left.

Wave 24

There are some suicide ships here too, which is a relief. There is also the extremely annoying Guard Invader ships here. They have their reflective shield on most of the time only giving you mere seconds to shoot. The shield will bounce any weapon you shoot at it back at you. You should be gaining another special in this round, but save it for when you see the green enemy. It's a smaller ship, but constantly heals, is extremely fast, and shoots rapidly. You will want to use your special on that ship. Any bonus kills are welcome. Now all you have to do is hope the invader ships get stuck on walls so you only have to fight 1 or 2 at a time. Watch them, study them, and soon you'll be able to somewhat time when to shoot. Start shooting to the side of them and right when the shield vanishes, change aim towards it. This wave is the real triumph, because the next wave starts over with enemies and you'll now have the nailgun to deal with the.

Wave 25

All you have to do now, is beat this extremely easy wave. You now have the powerful nailgun an most likely a special at your disposal! After this you should now have the achievement unlocked!

Below is what your final wave should look like, and to show that you can indeed get the acheivement by starting at wave 19.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgwzOXgaLH0]YouTube- Aqua: Naval Assault Wave Breaker Achievement[/ame]

Edited by Tyger7

• 1 month later...

Got this achievement before the guide was up but it's basically what I did for the achievement. If you can manage to start at the earlier wave, the flamethrower is very deadly to the vanquishers, shield ships, and the suicide ships as well. Nailgun is nice too.

It was my last cheev. Feelsgoodman.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I started at wave 7 and went from there. I was able to do it on my second attempt. It took about 40 minutes to get to 25 but is less frustrating. You can get the better guns and a bigger squad by the time you reach the tougher waves. The waves simply repeat so the guide here tells you exactly what to expect. You will scream at the game a whole lot less if you start earlier. I was about to quit until I decided to try at an earlier wave. I now have all 200 pts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...