Stronghold Passage: Guide

Stronghold Passage

This is another level that requires you to open a gate. You must get all 6 stone boulders in the 6 fire pits in front of the gate. Afterwards, you must make your way through a very dangerous hallway.

Weapons: 2

Relics: 2

Artifacts: 2

Power Ups: 6

Score Challenge

Reward: Weapon (Railgun)

This level doesn't have a ton of enemies, so take advantage when they appear. As long as you don't get hit by the few enemies that do appear, you should be okay. Be slow in this level, as there are lots of things that can kill you if you make any errors (flames especially). You will want to get the top score at least before you start your dangerous path through the hallway after entering through the gate.

Reward Challenges

Collect 10 Red Skulls

Reward: Relic: Fist of Tezcatlipoca

Challenge: Reach exit in 15:00 or less

Reward: Artifact: Jade Hear

Part 1 (Getting the 6 balls on the fire pits)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqRrSj7R2Ok]YouTube- Lara Croft Time Challenge: Stronghold Passage (Part 1)[/ame]

Part 2 (Once through the gate, escaping the dangerous hallway)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SvXVk5fFPI]YouTube- Lara Croft Time Challenge: Stronghold Passage (Part 2)[/ame]

Challene: Rest a ball atop the skull pedestal

Reward: Health Powerup

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJt8br2JiwA]YouTube- Stronghold Passage Challenge: Rest a ball atop skull pedestal[/ame]

Challenge: Step on the 3 hidden spider tiles

There are 3 hidden tiles that you must stand on throughout the level Follow the collectibles walkthrough and/or video to find them.

Reward: Ammo Powerup

Collectibles Walkthrough:

Ammo Upgrade

You'll see the ammo upgrade where the first boulder is. Place a bomb on the pillar that's down. Step on the pressure plate and remote detonate right as the boulder is passing on the other pillar. Now put the boulder on the pressure plate and a bomb next to it. Step on where the boulder originally was and detonate so that you rise up to the ammo upgrade.

Health Upgrade

Up the next set of stairs is a grapple ring. Lower yourself to the health pickup.

Weapon: Dual SMG

Head up the stairs and on the right. You'll see some pretty big gaps, jump them and use a spear on the wall with spikes to jump up. You'll find a trap that spits out fire bombs. Right there in sight, is the weapon pickup.

Red Skull 1

After the weapon pickup, you see two hands with 2 traps that shoot fire bombs. Go up the stairs and you'll see a grapple ring. Grapple and jump to get the skull.

Ammo Pickup

As you continue you'll see this to your right with tons of flames that shoot from holes on a big platform.

Red Skull 2

Pull the handle switch you see in the ammo pickup area above. Now jump and quickly grab the red skull on the small platform.

Challenge: Rest a ball atop the skull pedestal

You'll see the pedestal and eventually you'll have a boulder there. You'll have to probably try this several times. Use a remote bomb to get it up there.

Health Upgrade

Now go to the stairs that are on the left side of the room with the giant fists and fire bombs. Once you are over the gaps use a bomb and stand on the pillar in the middle. Detonate and you will rise to the health upgrade.

Challenge: Step on 3 hidden spider tiles 1/3

This tile is in the same area. Stand on the tiles on the left side by the target switch.

Artifact Stone Serpent

After getting back from the big gaps you have to jump, go right and up the stairs. Once you get to the point with a boulder in the middle of lots of flames, go down the ladder to the tomb. Facing the tile with the artifact, put your eyes on that blue tile. Now look to the tile on the right and up two space. That white tile never has spikes. Stand on it, and shoot the target. Now you can grab the artifact.

Red Skull 3

Opposite from the above tomb is the skull. Use the stairs to gain an angle so you can throw a spear high enough.

Challenge: Step on 3 hidden spider tiles 2/3

Right next to the pillar with the skull is a hidden tile.

Relic: Mask of Tezcatlipoca

After opening the gate with the 6 boulders, enter. The tomb is on the left. Hit the switch and put a bomb by it. Use a spear on the trapin the middle when it's spikes are retracted. Now jump on the spear, face the relic, detonate the bomb, and jump to the relic.

Red Skulls 4-10

All of these skulls are after you pass through the gate with the 6 boulders. They are all clearly on your path, you just have to be careful while getting them and might die a few times.

Challenge: Step on 3 hidden spider tiles 3/3

Right before you exit, make sure to bomb the coffin on the left to revealthe tile.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzWTYRw7arE]YouTube- Stronghold Passage Collectibles Guide[/ame]

Edited by Tyger7

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a trouble with the last score challenge (120,000 points): I've tried it more than 20 times, but I can't seem to get more than 112,000 points, even if I've never died (also in the second part of the level) and I've got all possible gems killing all enemies and breaking all pots.

Sorry fo my imprecise English ;)

Thanks for your answers.

• 10 months later...

For anyone else stuck on the score challenge part of this level like I was, you pretty much have to get your relic full on the 2nd big golem (the one that wakes up when you get the first ball) and keep it through the entire level. You can't get hit or die at all. Even with that, I made it to the first exit with 137k points. If you get hit or die and lose your relic, there's not enough monsters to rebuild it without losing a lot of the 3x multipliers. Best I could get dying once was 118k.

• 5 months later...

The skeletons that crumble and come back, don't be so quick to bomb them.

Let them stand back up, and keep shooting them with your infinite ammo handgun. These shots count to refill your relic meter.

Confirm that!

I died 3 times and got hit twice and had over 122,000 (goal is 120,000) before entering the door. Made it on my first attempt.

Use those resurrecting skeletons to your advantage. If your relic meter is down, and there's a group of enemies to fight, and the skeletons are in that group, isolate them, and keep shooting them until the relic meter is refilled, then kill everyone (preferably the skeletons last in case you take another hit).

It's not difficult. You'll get it.

Time trial:

I think I died about 10x and my time:

14:14

Terrible time, but gracious given my performance.

LARA CROFT: GUARDIAN OF LIGHT 200/200G, Dec 17th, 2011

Edited by E vee dub

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the crumbling skeleton tip, was really helpful as I was struggling to hit the points as well. Though, I actually didn't know that the multiplier would only be in effect when the relic bar is filled.

Great guide(s) also, very informative! Good job!

• 10 months later...
The skeletons that crumble and come back, don't be so quick to bomb them.

Let them stand back up, and keep shooting them with your infinite ammo handgun. These shots count to refill your relic meter.

Great tip! Worked like a charm after some damn flaming rock managed to fall on me. :-)