Ration Tickets Guide

VinasErgoth

You will need to collect all the ration tickets in the game for the Brass Hat achievement. There are a total of 24 tickets, 12 in each campaign. The list, and how to get them are as follows.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/Telekinetik/Toy%20Soldiers%20Guide/campaign.png

Level 1: Langemarck (1914) [Score a 10x combo using a level 1 or 2 anti-infantry gun]

This one is pretty straight forward. Build a level 1 turret here, and a bunch of barbed wire infront of it. Now just let all the enemy infantry get caught up in it and you'll be able to shred them while they're crawling. Level 1 turret is best as it has a longer firing rate and doesn't have to reload like the level 2.

Level 2: Gheluvelt Chateau [Use the howitzer to destroy three enemy barracks]

Start off by building a level 1 howitzer on the front large build space. Then if you look infront of you, you can see all four barracks (one is partially hidden behind a tree. Each barracks takes 2 shots to destroy. See this picture if you're unsure.

Level 3: Nonne Bosschen Wood [Destroy 50 enemy infantry using gas]

Build a red star tower on the far right build space, nearest the trench. This will be the one you get the ticket with. Build another one on the far left build space, nearest the trench. If you want to be sure no enemies get passed, build yourself some barbed wire on the AI path. See this picture if you're unsure.

Level 4: Fort Vaux [Shoot down five enemy aircraft with your biplane]

As soon as the level starts, quickly jump into your biplane. If you fly right toward the enemy planes at regular speed, atleast four of them should already be off the ground. They should begin to fly at you. Stay as level as possible and just hold down the :rtbut:. If you're lucky, you should get four kills. If your AA tower hasn't killed the last one, go hunt it down. If it has, get your one kill during the next wave.

Level 5: Hill Cote 304 [Destroy the railyard and supplies]

There are two ways to go about doing this. One is to use a howitzer, the other is to use the bomber. Both have ups and downs. The howitzer has a slow rate of fire but better accuracy. The bomber has an AA tower to contend with but is able to destroy most of the yard with one pass. Here is a picture of the train yard. Destroy it all.

Level 6: For Douaumont [Destroy all the bonus targets]

On either side of the battlefield are six rotating targets, 3 on either side, each with 3-4 smaller targets on them. After building your defences, jump into your biplane destroy them. Here is a picture of the targets for reference.

KSU DS says: If you happen to be in your bi-plane as the level ends you will have unlimited time to shoot the bonus targets as long as you don't hit A. And if you can deal with the blur effect and Victory thing in the way but you can get use to it.

Level 7: Zero Hour: 7:20 [Destroy all enemy emplacements]

There are a total of 10 emplacements. For this, you will be using your Big Willie tank.

• There are 3 emplacements directly infront of you, all of which are easily in range. (picture)
  • Turn slightly to your left and you'll see another two, one of which is off in the distance. (picture)
  • Keep following the "road" and you'll see 2 more again. (picture).
  • Continuing on, you'll see one a little further off into the distance (more to the right of the last 2; picture)
  • Closer to the enemy base, if you look to the right, you'll see one sort of hidden amongst some ruins. (picture)
  • The final emplacement is right outside the enemy base. (picture)

Level 8: "U" Day [Destroy five enemy tanks using your Whippet tank]

There isn't much I can say about this one except go forth and kill.

Level 9: Battle of the Ancre [Get a 10x blast multiplier using your Whippet tank] Credit: SirVexBruzer

Jump into your Whippet (after building some defences if you want to) and head round about here. Wait until they are on the down slope (before they reach the craters). They will all be crowded together and just shoot in the area which has the most enemies.

Level 10: Langemarck (1917) [Get a 25x blast multiplier] Credit: digitaI ink

Make sure you have enough money to place down a howitzer and upgrade it once. Spend the other 400-500 on barbed wire for the bridge. Once they start to pile up, fire away. Also it is better to hold the trigger so you can follow the shot and make sure it lands in the middle of the men. You will get 25x easily. I have done it many times.

Level 11: Polygon Wood [Snipe three enemy soldiers with one shot]

During the third wave, the enemy spawn will be on the far side of the map, across a bridge. Get in the sniper tower and wait for them to begin crossing said bridge. When they're all bunched up, fire a couple of shots into the crowd and you should have no problem killing 3 with one bullet. (picture)

Level 12: The Spring Offensive [Attain a total of $15,000 on this level]

This requires you to have $15,000 unspent cash. Build only when necessary and sell towers you know won't be needed for a few waves. Be sure to manually control your towers often and rack up high cash multipliers. Also don't forget that destroying scenery (except for trees) gives you cash. It's not much, but every little helps. Once the ticket pops up complete, you can spend that money without worry.

Edited by VinasErgoth

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/Telekinetik/Toy%20Soldiers%20Guide/campaign-1.png

Level 1: Langemarck (1914)+ [Kill five enemy soldiers by blowing up a barrel]

This can be done on the first wave. First of all, as a precaution, build a chemical tower near the foot of the bridge next to your toy box. Now build a level 1 machine gun turret here. Take control of the turret and rotate it counter-clockwise (if you were looking out onto the battlefield, move it around to the left) until you see 2 barrels next to one another. Place about 4 barbed wire fences around it and keep your gun aimed at it. When the enemies come, most of them will get stuck in the fence, allowing you to unload into the barrels, hopefully killing atleast 5 of them.

Level 2: Gheluvelt Chateau+ [Snipe or shoot four toy soldiers on display]

Easiest done during/before the first wave. Jump into the plane and fly straight forward. Off in the distance (outside the battlefield) you should see a model soldier on a shelf. Using the plane, shoot it down. The other 3 are on the right hand side of the battlefield, also on a shelf.

Level 3: Nonne Bosschen Wood+ [Kill two tanks with one shot using your Big Bertha]

Have a Big Bertha looking out somewhere onto the wasteland. When the tanks come, it's just a case of waiting for two to get near one another and dropping a shot (manually!) in between them. Best done on casual difficulty as enemies have less HP.

Level 4: Fort Vaux+ [Complete the level using only your biplane]

For this you must protect your toy box using only the provided triplane. If you build anything, you've negated this Ration Ticket for your current play. Aim for big groups of infantry, slowing yourself down so you can line up good shots. Shoot down enemy planes as and when needed. Bomb the armoured infantry. Between waves, if you're out of bombs and your toy box is in no immediate danager, destroy yourself and get a new triplane.

digitaI ink says: Put the difficulty on elite. Sounds crazy right? But since it only lets you man one thing at a time anyway, it makes no difference. The good thing is instead of the 30 limit casual has it, is put up to 40 so it adds a little more room for error.

Venomized added: To make this even easier, learn the spawn point. The planes all come from the same base (In the middle near the back). When ever the planes are going to launch . . . line your plane perfectly up with where they come out and continue to shoot. You can easily shoot them all down as they come out. Destroying the planes is the most essential in my opinion because they shoot you down. I lost 2 count of my toy box while attempting this on Elite. Both were from planes which I didn't spawn kill the first time (learned to do it afterwards).

Level 5: Hill Cote 304+ [Snipe five enemy copters]

The copters don't appear until near the end of the level. Proceed as you normally would until they show up. You could sell your anti-air tower(s) incase they try to take your kill. Each copter takes atleast 3 shots from a sniper rifle, and there atleast 8 copters.

Level 6: Fort Douaumont+ [Destroy an enemy emplacement by crashing your biplane into it]

Can be done right off the bat. Jump into your tank and fire two shells into the first tower on the right. Then jump out and move quickly over to your triplane. Take off, turn around and crash into the weakened tower.

Level 7: Zero Hour: 7:20+ [Snipe five enemy captains]

The captains look like this. They run out onto the battlefield one at a time, and always from the same direction. Another one won't spawn until the previous one has been killed.

Level 8: "U" Day+ [Destroy 100 enemy soldiers using your A7V's gas]

This one is a little tricker than the rest. It requires you use your A7V tank's :ltbut: firing mode, which spouts toxic gas from either side of it, similar to the Chemical tower. First build two mortar towers in your base (north and south of where the tank spawns). Jump into the tank and position your self on an angle with the toy box entrance.

Skip the waiting times of the enemy infantry and over 100 will come at you at once. Of course, your mortars will kill the majority of them, but you should be able to get anywhere between 50-70 off the bat. Use the tank to take out enemy armour from a distance, and build howitzers if needed.

Level 9: Battle of the Ancre+ [Destroy all enemy observation balloons]

The balloons are all in plain sight, except for one. Look to the left of your toy box to find the 7th. Use an anti-air tower (level 2+ works best) to take them all out.

Level 10: Langemarck (1917)+ [Shoot down a glider bomb dropped by an airship]

Toward the middle of the level, some airships will arrive, in groups of 3's. Make sure you have an anti-air tower, but only upgraded to level 2. As the airships get closer, you'll notice gliders flying from them and suicide bombing your towers. Fire just infront of one of these gliders and you should be able to take it out before it hits anything. Must be manually shot down.

Level 11: Polygon Wood+ [Snipe 11 enemy soldiers with one clip]

This is a lot easier than it sounds. First of all, fight off the first few waves of air enemies using your biplane/triplane until you have enough money to put a machine gun tower by the toy box nearest the biplane. Kill the first wave of infantry however you want. The second wave of infantry spawns on the far side of the map, across a bridge. Aim your rifle onto the bridge and wait for them to start charging. They'll all bunch together giving you perfect opportunity to fire into the crowd.

Level 12: The Spring Offensive+ [Find and destroy five platinum breakable objects]

The platinum objects are like the gold cubes that are in every other level of the campaign, except that they're platinum. Here is a picture so you know what you're looking for.

1. Directly beneath the sniper tower
  2. Atop the light fixture in the lower left corner of the map. Use triplane to reach it. (picture
  3. Beneath the same light fixture in a small cave surround by trees. Use the A7V to get it. (picture)
  4. In the destroyed church at the upper right of the map. Use the triplane or bomber to reach. (picture)
  5. It is in the barn next to the factory. If you zoom right in with the camera you can see it under the hangover next to some hay. (picture) [Thanks to Psymox, Keeks and others for the correction; Nusentinsaino for the picture]

Edited by VinasErgoth

Level 10: Langemarck (1917) [Get a 25x blast multiplier]

Start off the level by jumping into the Big Willie tank and taking out the mortar tower on top of the wall, here. Then park yourself at the foot of the bridge, placing multiple barbed wires infront of you to help bunch up the enemy. Once you think there's a sufficient number of them tangled in the mess, fire a shot into the middle.

Are you sure it is even possible to get the 25x blast multiplier with the tank? It is hard enough just getting above 10x. I have tried the howitzer to better effect, but still no luck. Which wave do you suggest for the best chance?

Hey, just wanted to add my two cents to the threa. First being this came out very nice and detailed.

Second since you two were mentioning the 25x blast combo, I figured I would confirm that the howitzer is effective. You have enough money to place down a howitzer and upgrade it once. spend the other 400-500 on barbed wire on that bridge. Once they start to pile up fire away. Also it is better to hold the trigger so you can follow the shot and make sure it lands in the moddle of the men. You will get 25X easily. I have done it many times.

You will need to collect all the ration tickets in the game for the Brass Hat achievement. There are a total of 24 tickets, 12 in each campaign. The list, and how to get them are as follows.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/Telekinetik/campaign.png

Level 3: Nonne Bosschen Wood [Destroy 50 enemy infantry using gas]

Build a red star tower on the far right build space, nearest the trench. This will be the one you get the ticket with. Build another one on the far left build space, nearest the trench. If you want to be sure no enemies get passed, build yourself some barbed wire on the AI path. See this picture if you're unsure.

Does this mean you have to wait until you unlock the Red Star? W.e. that is and when ever you unlock it?

Level 9: Battle of the Ancre [Get a 10x blast multiplier using your Whippet tank]

Jump into your Whippet (after building some defences if you want to) and head round about here. Wait for the wave to begin and once the infantry are close to here, fire a shot in the middle of them.

I tried this like 4 times even before you posted this. Fail. 9x every time. Luck?

Edited by SirVexBruzer
misread

Level 9: Battle of the Ancre [Get a 10x blast multiplier using your Whippet tank]

Jump into your Whippet (after building some defences if you want to) and head round about here. Wait for the wave to begin and once the infantry are close to here, fire a shot in the middle of them.

I tried this like 4 times even before you posted this. Fail. 9x every time. Luck?

Uh. Money shot, crest of the hill when they start to come over.

If you have a better strategy then feel free to post it. I will test it myself and if it works better, I'll update the guide and credit you.

I just got 15x multiplier. A WAY easier way is waiting until they are on the down slope (before they reach the craters). They will all be crowded together and just shoot in the area which has the most enemies.

Edited by Venomized

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/Telekinetik/campaign-1.png

Level 4: Fort Vaux+ [Complete the level using only your biplane]

For this you must protect your toy box using only the provided triplane. If you build anything, you've negated this Ration Ticket for your current play. Aim for big groups of infantry, slowing yourself down so you can line up good shots. Shoot down enemy planes as and when needed. Bomb the armoured infantry. Between waves, if you're out of bombs and your toy box is in no immediate danager, destroy yourself and get a new triplane.

digitaI ink says: Put the difficulty on elite. Sounds crazy right? But since it only lets you man one thing at a time anyway, it makes no difference. The good thing is instead of the 30 limit casual has it, is put up to 40 so it adds a little more room for error.

To make this even easier, learn the spawn point. The planes all come from the same base (In the middle near the back). When ever the planes are going to launch . . . line your plane perfectly up with where they come out and continue to shoot. You can easily shoot them all down as they come out. Destroying the planes is the most essential in my opinion because they shoot you down. I lost 2 count of my toy box while attempting this on Elite. Both were from planes which I didn't spawn kill the first time (learned to do it afterwards).

For level 9: Battle of the Ancre i managed to get the ration ticket a totally different way. I did not even use the tank once. I got the ticket by flying around in my plane and i shot down the three inflatable zeplin things flying over their base. After I did that i got the ticket. Not sure if this means there is multiple ways to get a ticket, or if it was only this one and it glitched or something.

I'm assuming you're talking about ticket 9 for Campaign+. If so, then yes, you can use the planes to take them down, however I found the anti-air tower better because you have to build one during the level anyway.

If you're talking about the first campaign, then there's no way that can be. It specifically says you have to get the 10x in a Whippet tank.

I just got 15x multiplier. A WAY easier way is waiting until they are on the down slope (before they reach the craters). They will all be crowded together and just shoot in the area which has the most enemies.

I can confirm this way is much easier.... tried the other method like 10 times with no luck then tried this and worked first time, nice guide though, thanks for all the help ::woop:

I do not think it has been mentioned yet, but these ration tickets are, if only slightly, more difficult to achieve than the game lets on. Not only do you have to complete the task given, but you have to go on to finish the round. I've tried every menu option after achieving my goal and then it is no longer there.

[edit] I just realized that it is possible you do not have to win, perhaps your hard work will still be accounted for if you loose... I will confirm and update.

[edit2] Confirmed. Once you have met the requirement you must finish the level, but this does not mean win, should you suffer defeat, the challenge is still ticked off as complete. You will not get credit if you end the level via the pause menu.

Edited by Wayne Porter

Level 6: For Douaumont [Destroy all the bonus targets]

On either side of the battlefield are six rotating targets, 3 on either side, each with 3-4 smaller targets on them. After building your defences, jump into your biplane destroy them. Here is a picture of the targets for reference.

If you happen to be in your bi-plane as the level ends you will have unlimited time to shoot the bonus targets as long as you don't hit A.

And if you can deal with the blur effect and Victory thing in the way but you can get use to it.:uzi: