Manbearpig

Basic Strategy

It's not as hard as it looks, trust me. You're going to want to do this one in a local game, for a very good reason. Local games allow you to try again if you fail any stage of the level; there are three stages in Mountain Pass. If you fail in a multiplayer game you have to start from the first stage.

Whether you're doing it by yourself, or with three friends you know, you're going to want to pick your characters very carefully. I went with Cartman, Craig, Pip, and Jimmy (thanks for the tip NeoRizer).

Whenever you get a special with any of the characters, make sure you wait until there are a ton of enemies on screen before you deploy, that way you can make the most of it. Always place the computer players in spots where they are always throwing snowballs, to gain their special while you're not controlling them.

Maze Build

http://i36.tinypic.com/29bbpxc.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2z90274.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/t9wmcj.jpg

MANBEARPIG

Once you're at Wave 8/8 on Stage 3, MANBEARPIG!

He walks super slow and has a lot of health, but he is so so easy. In the middle where it loops under the rocks is where you are going to trick the MANBEARPIG.

When he reaches the middle, you're going to want to open up the left side of the map. After, you're going to want to close off the right side exit of the rock loop, so he starts walking the other way (make sure you ALWAYS HAVE AN EXIT FOR THE MANBEARPIG before you close a section off). Once he gets to the left side, do the same thing, block the left side and open the right side. He will be trapped in here until you kill him.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can build walls as I want but all the enemies keep walking directly through it. -.-

I think I'm gonna re-download the game since I assume that this is a bug/glitch..

Edit: Yes, the enemies destroy my walls instead of following the maze. How can I prevent them from doing so?

Edited by T0b3

Is it any more efficient to have them going side to side in the first map than vertical?

I tried this an hour or so ago, and it worked beautifully. I think this route helps to keep the kids continually throwing snowballs at enemies around them, as opposed to walking away from them. These are all definitely perfect means of doing it, especially by yourself.

Okay, the maze bug is gone. But now I don't get 100 "health" when I've beaten the first stage. I now am on the second of three stages and kept the 29 points from the first map. Another bug? I can't beat such a thing without letting e few enemies run through.. it's not possible

Can I skip the first two waves and beat the third and still get the achievement?

Edit: Okay, I've made it. Interestingly, the final wave is the easiest of all 3. 200/200. :)

Edited by T0b3

Basic Strategy

It's not as hard as it looks, trust me. You're going to want to do this one in a local game, for a very good reason. Local games allow you to try again if you fail any stage of the level; there are three stages in Mountain Pass. If you fail in a multiplayer game you have to start from the first stage.

Whether you're doing it by yourself, or with three friends you know, you're going to want to pick your characters very carefully. I went with Cartman, Craig, Pip, and Jimmy (thanks for the tip NeoRizer).

Whenever you get a special with any of the characters, make sure you wait until there are a ton of enemies on screen before you deploy, that way you can make the most of it. Always place the computer players in spots where they are always throwing snowballs, to gain their special while you're not controlling them.

Maze Build

http://i36.tinypic.com/29bbpxc.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2z90274.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/t9wmcj.jpg

MANBEARPIG

Once you're at Wave 8/8 on Stage 3, MANBEARPIG!

He walks super slow and has a lot of health, but he is so so easy. In the middle where it loops under the rocks is where you are going to trick the MANBEARPIG.

When he reaches the middle, you're going to want to open up the left side of the map. After, you're going to want to close off the right side exit of the rock loop, so he starts walking the other way (make sure you ALWAYS HAVE AN EXIT FOR THE MANBEARPIG before you close a section off). Once he gets to the left side, do the same thing, block the left side and open the right side. He will be trapped in here until you kill him.

Can you please try to post a video of this ? Its to much walls to build for me to do this on my own in that short time :(

awesome strategy, thanks very much~!

BTW - if you ACCIDENTALLY place a tower on the 2nd or 3rd place, if you die and make sure not to place any towers on the rounds where you advance, the achievement will still pop.

for some reason i accidentally placed like 3 towers 3 diff times and i got tired of restarting the whole thing...so on the last try i died and just finished it off, luckily i still got it.

If your having problems buidling walls fast use kyle he is the faster character (that ive noticed) so can move about quicker and just start from beginning and work towards end and if run out of time try and build as much as possible and strategicaly place the rest of characters so they can attack while you still build walls and make sure all your characters are standing on walls so they do not get attacked.

Edited by davhth4

Honestly Apples pretty much spelled it out for everyone here. I didn't use this guide because I already had the achievement with my own method but this is a perfect maze for all 3 sections.

I actually did it with a shorter, more sloppy maze because I was doing it solo and was pressed for time. All you really need to do is pick the following characters and use them accordingly:

Cartman = Most well balance character in the game and actually has the 2nd highest average of stats. He mostly has 4 or 4 1/2 star ratings.

His Carpet Fire Bomb special should be used in conjunction with Craigs Slow Time Spell and should only be used on Crab People as they're the only enemies weak enough to be destroyed in a single bombing.

Craig = 5 star power, range and throwing speed and the ability to slow time for 20 seconds. How can you go wrong? The only downside is that he's the slowest character in this assembled team but that really doesn't matter because you won't be moving him far, if at all.

His special ability, along with Cartman's, is a devastating one when combined together. Use his Slow Time spell if shit starts to hit the fan and you need more time to build up Jimmy or Pip's special attacks.

Pip = I'm not surprised they chose Pip for one of the best characters in the game to play as...as most people hate him. I actually like him because he was Cartman's first punching bag. Either way, 5 Star ratings across the board, again speed is the issue but luckily he isn't as slow as Craig.

His special attack makes him invincible and gives him 5 Star running speed. Win and Win. Save him for the more heavily defended characters like Old People, Demons and basically anything that ISN'T the Crab People as that's Cartman and Craigs department.

Jimmy = Well there you have it, the cripple kid is the best character in the game. He's got 5 star speed, range and throwing speed, he just play's second fiddle to Pip with his amazing Power. You could argue that Pip is better than Jimmy but speed is a must have for collecting coins (in the regular game) and a slight damage decrease isn't that big of a deal. I main him while doing the campaign and this achievement just for his ability to get around...which is odd because he has crutches...either way, I guess four legs are better than two.

His Special ability rivals Pip's as they are essential the same thing with a different animation. Jimmy is always at 5 star speed so this may increase the actual speed to beyond that, not really sure, never noticed as everything on the screen is dead well before it runs out. Pip and Jimmy are the back bone of the strategy and need to be included.

Basically you should only be using Jimmy or Pip when the entire path is flooded with enemies and you're facing something you know you can't kill before it reaches the exit. Craig is there to slow down the crab people (thus putting more of them on the map, along with whatever else) and then blasting them with Cartman.

The only reason Cartman and Craig are included in this batch is that they are better than any other character in the game for damage output on their snow balls. Some would argue that putting 4 characters with abilities like Pip and Jimmy is the way to go but you will suffer severely in the damage output department. In the end it's what you're going to need to keep those special attacks alive and damage ManBearPig as much as possible in a short period of time.

You don't even need to block one end off and open another to kill ManBearPig. If you made it that far you can kill him before he reaches the first snow ball path with this team while they just chuck snow balls (Craigs ability is awesome here).

Final note: The map Apples provided is amazing and I actually used a shorter one so that says a lot about these guys and their damage. Even if you had a video, you wouldn't be able to re-create what they do unless you move your characters in to the proper positions. Just build the maze and make sure your characters are always attack enemies....multi-tasking is your friend.

Also building a tower is fine (if you make a mistake that is) as long as it doesn't actually fire off a round at any of the enemies the achievement will still pop. This will most likely occur as you panic to get walls up, no worries just sell it immediately and resume building.

Cheers.

I can build walls as I want but all the enemies keep walking directly through it. -.-

I think I'm gonna re-download the game since I assume that this is a bug/glitch..

Edit: Yes, the enemies destroy my walls instead of following the maze. How can I prevent them from doing so?

Ok that's exactly what happens to me, ive tried like 3 different days and nothing, they keep passing through, and im 100% sure that the maze is perfect so wtf -_-