Alternate Costume Unlock Requirements

All of the costumes can be unlocked by defeating 50 enemies (except Juggernaut who requires 300), though some require a certain alignment in the Civil War. All of the 50 enemies killed can be done in missions, via replay or in the combat simulations. Be sure to unlock every costume you can for your alignment on your first playthrough before starting your second. So for instance, after Act 1 if you choose Pro-Reg, get all of Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, etc. before starting a new playthrough or you'll miss your chance to unlock them. Characters marked as Neutral can be done regardless of which side you choose, but still have to be done after Act 1.

Pro-Registration Campaign

• Deadpool
  • Iron Man
  • Mr. Fantastic
  • Ms. Marvel
  • Songbird
  • Spider-Man

Anti-Registration Campaign

• Captain America
  • Human Torch
  • Invisible Woman
  • Iron Fist
  • Luke Cage
  • Wolverine

Neutral

(can be done in either campaign)

• Daredevil
  • Gambit
  • Green Goblin
  • Hulk
  • Iceman
  • Jean Grey
  • Juggernaut
  • Penance
  • Storm
  • Thing
  • Thor
  • Venom

Edited by The Pants Party

If I were to miss someone, can I go back and re-do the mission to get their suit or is the achievement missed?

Alt. Costumes are almost impossible to miss. Pretty much beat em up switching characters, that's what I do, test out everyone. Plus they will get their stats raised that way. Only ones I can't guarantee that will unlock is the ones that are on the other side of the law.

You'll have to set-up for round 2 on getting those suits. As for going back, I heard that you should be able to backtrack, although I am not sure how really yet.

Yup, only 1 alt costume for all characters, except one who has no alt.

Ah man, I was expecting four costumes like last time, and all the X-Men Legends games. As a huge comic nerd, that was part of the games I enjoyed the most.

Oh well, I've pre-ordered it now, not that much of a big deal I suppose.

Would you kindly put them in order by acts and pro and anti. so we can focus on them in 1-2 playthroughs only. it would be great. THX

EDIT: i still had old post up when i wrote. i refreshed. so all have to be unlocked after act 1. i think it would be nicer if they were all in order by pro and anti ......

Edited by toxictaz

anybody know if there is a way to find out the names of the alternate costumes. some of them are really cool ie. red and gold spiderman

wish i could find out the story behind some of them, i can't believe the game didn't at least name them like last time, ultimate, classic, etc.

I know you solved this costume dilemma, at least, but if you want to find out anyone's alt costume, you get a dossier intel for every alt costume you unlock. Go to one of the review consoles and you can check out the little paragraph about them, as well as the inspiring artist and comic issue.

Also on a side note, some of the names of the costumes from MUA1 weren't all that accurate sometimes, either. I.E. Blade's costumes. The "Ultimate", I believe (main one), is more along the lines of his movie outfit, seeing as he didn't have a stake for a hand :D, and the "Nightstalker" outfit was more along the lines of the costume used in his brief appearance in the 90's Spiderman TV show. Of course, he may have donned that garb for a few issues of his small line of comics, as well, but those are where he'd be more likely know for them.