Possible solution for cell phone glitch and get way to get all your money back.

TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

also sorry for the bad grammar in my title I didn't proof read it :)

I finally got 1000/1000 in this game so I tried a few things out.

This is what I did to get all my money back into my account and TEMPORARILY (as far as I could see) erase my cell phone status.

I would not attempt this unless you know for a fact you do not want to get 100,000 credits and just want your money back to invest it in other weapon types or gadgets, etc; for the quick achievements. I do not know how else this can screw up your game save so once again, TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Ok, controller 1 signs in as your good gold account with all the achievements and credits.

controller 2 signs in as a silver account with no achievements. this account is not going for any achievements.

Start the game FROM THE DASHBOARD with controller 2

it will ask you to press a button on the controller you want to use to play the game. Press a button on controller 2

let the game load and it will take you directly to the first mission.

As soon as you take control, save and quit.

Back at the main menu attempt to play a multiplayer game over x-box live. It will tell you that you do not have permission.

Back out all the way to the main menu of the game (not the dashboard).

At this point press start on controller 1.

Go to select a chapter and all the chapters will be unlocked at the highest difficulty you beat them at.

At this point I selected the first level and all my cell phone progress was GONE!!! At this point you can log off the second controller to try and trick the game you don't have any cell phones and go back and get them all on recruit IF YOU HAVE THE CELL PHONE GLITCH. I have not tested this so I don't know if it will work for you or not!!!

I went back to the main menu and went to multiplayer and all my money was back in my "pocket" so to speak and I had over 100,000 credits and lost all of my custom classes. I was able to buy everything again!!!

I shut off the xbox, turned it back on, and all my cell phones were back when I only used controller 1. My money was still in my pocket and all my custom classes were still gone. Controller 2 was signed off at this point.

So my idea for people with the CELL PHONE GLITCH is to do my glitch, play through the whole game again without shutting off on recruit difficulty to get all the cell phones, and see if the achievement pops.

Edited by ssmaster69er

Figured I'd give this a whirl.

I tried to get the all guns achievement but it did NOT unlock after purchasing all the guns.

Did you buy the pistols too? and if they were golden you need to buy golden guns AND pistols.

I wonder what it will do to the rest of your achievements!!! Hopefully you will still be able to get them somehow.

Edited by ssmaster69er

If you are having problems with the cell phones not saving then after you collect the cell phones and you are done for that level keep playing till you hit a checkpoint then quit & save. I think that you need to hit the checkpoint for it to count the cellphone. when you save & quit without a checkpoint it will say "If you save now you will lose any progress since your last checkpoint". So I think that if you save without a checkpoint it clears the cell phones that you got. (not sure if this works but I hope that it helps):D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think I want the achievement bad enough to play through this damn game again. I made my cell phone run this morning and didn't get the achievement. Made sure to wait until I hit a check point for every level that has cell phones and still got the stick. :mad: I hate games like this

• 4 months later...

I'd just like to add that this worked for me, I had all the phones but no achievement, did this, and did one run through on Recruit getting them all without shutting off (I did die a few times, trying to go too fast) and it unlocked when I picked up the last one on Eco Hotel.

That's with the newest "preview" Dashboard, so anyone who has this glitch should be able to unlock the achievement with only a minor time investment. I managed the run through in about 3 hours ish, and I died a few times.

Top work to ssmaster69er, now I can move on and work on getting the 1,000 legit, rather than have a glitched achievement.

so whats the cel phone glitch? like if you get all of them it dosent pop?

Pretty much, yeah. I'd been through and got every phone, double checked every level showing them all, and all had gone from the game world (as I'd picked them up) but no achievement. Using this method, it resets your phone progress so they all come back, and collecting them all on a single playthrough all on Recruit worked.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sweet, I had no idea there was a phone glitch until I collected them all and failed to receive a chievo. I have one question regarding this though, some of the phones you get are Mission Briefings and they seem to only activate at certain points in the level. Would playing a level until the mission brief shows up, then reaching a check point and then quitting make a difference? It would chop your play through in half as some levels don't have a mission brief and some pop the brief right at the start.