X360a's take on all these achievement glitchs in l4d

blackmagic16

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dashboard glitches do annoy me. I haven't finished expert and am not sure if I ever will but if I do it will be due to my effort and not some glitch. I can see why those who legitimately done the expert achievements are pissed off. That said I think things like the Jesus room/rock/plane aren't that bad.

Um... wut?

That does not make sense at all to me... It's all encompassed by the term 'glitch'... All of which people exploit.

How can you hate on one but not the other?

Can you tell me If you read the posts..?

I gave my opinion at first, and Got flamed at for it, So i simply had a go back. Why are you talking about Bans? All i've done is try to Win my opinion over another Persons, And Forums are places for peoples opinions mainly, How come people can Post there opinions as long as people agree with them, But any1 that posts there opinion about how the other persons opinion is bullshit why should he be flamed?

You know what.. You just kindaa brought the post back up, It was already down a few pages, and i fort i wouldnt see from it again, Maybe if you Really did care about the people i was giving abuse too, You wouldnt of posted and brought the thread back up to be flamed In.

Now thinking back to what i said at the beggining i think i have my awnser. My point was that doing the acheivment the way the description does not tell you to do it, Is wrong, Although doing it the way it tells you to i find is right, Unless its one of them acheivments That give no clue at all as to what to do for the acheivment. For example some Kane and Lynch ones. So I found this method Wrong because its not Wining a campainge, Like the acheivment says, I didnt know about that glitch on Gun, i would class that as wrong too, And also brothers in arms hells highway, I fort i might of had a chance of Getting 100% on a game before anyone else, Until i saw the Play the game on ??? days acheivment, But then found out people we're simply glitching it, and getting it within about 2 days. So it does Kinda ruin the fun for the people who want to try and 100% a game first.

If my Opinion Comes across to you as im giving you Abuse, Please give me a PM On what part offended you and i will Apologize.

I did indeed read every post. You said you disagreed with the glitch, and that's fine as everyone is entitled to their opinion. What is not fine is you then calling people who disagree with you assholes. I would hardly call that 'winning people over to your opinion' I'd call that acting like a five year old.

Also, debate here is welcome - but you've just proved that you can't be civilised as you said 'But any1 that posts there opinion about how the other persons opinion is bullshit why should he be flamed?'. You SHOULD be flamed as rather than giving a reasonable argument you immediately got abusive and insulting - how do you expect people to respond to that? Also if you approach an argument with the attitude that the other person is talking bullshit then you're hardly being open minded.

I only posted in here as I was directed here by a friend. You claiming that its now ok to flame people in here because I posted is also laughable.

Like I said before, do what you like in your games but don't try and force your opinions on other people and don't insult them just because they disagree with you.

I did indeed read every post. You said you disagreed with the glitch, and that's fine as everyone is entitled to their opinion. What is not fine is you then calling people who disagree with you assholes. I would hardly call that 'winning people over to your opinion' I'd call that acting like a five year old.

Also, debate here is welcome - but you've just proved that you can't be civilised as you said 'But any1 that posts there opinion about how the other persons opinion is bullshit why should he be flamed?'. You SHOULD be flamed as rather than giving a reasonable argument you immediately got abusive and insulting - how do you expect people to respond to that? Also if you approach an argument with the attitude that the other person is talking bullshit then you're hardly being open minded.

I only posted in here as I was directed here by a friend. You claiming that its now ok to flame people in here because I posted is also laughable.

Like I said before, do what you like in your games but don't try and force your opinions on other people and don't insult them just because they disagree with you.

Ok and when did i call the people that disagree'd with me assholes? Please highlight what the person said to disagree with me, and then when i called them a ass hole. I simply kept putting more points of my opinion across, looking through the thread quickly (not sure if i missed anything) But looking through I Found where i called a person a asshole, But this is where i dont get what your on about reading the post.. Maybe if you read it he was calling me idiotic. Ok maybe you dont stand up for yourself, but i stood up formyself by replying with that he is a ass hole. There is nothing wrong with not standing up for yourself but i choose to. Passing my opinion back to another person as he is trying to tell me his is Clearly not forcing him to go by my opinion. Look, Because you have talked of a few wrong facts, can you please Quote each thing i say and at what parts i was forcing the person and telling them to do it my way. Because i've either misread my posts or Your making crap up. Which i dont think you would do.

And the only time i get abusive is if they get abusive to me, if i feel they are being insulting or abusive i do the same back to them, But other from that i simply give my opinion peice by peice.

Now can you please show me the parts you find me forcing a person to go by my opinion if i cant proove that i wasnt forcing them then you get whatever you are trying to Proove.

I just realized you guys are arguing about how wrong the other person is, not how right your point is.

Anyways, I don't think x360a cares AS much as they would if it was tampering with xbox's or xbox live things.. Like profile glitching and stuff.

If it's in the game it's not that big of a deal. At least, that's what I think. I could be way off...

Um... wut?

That does not make sense at all to me... It's all encompassed by the term 'glitch'... All of which people exploit.

How can you hate on one but not the other?

Things like a rock that makes it hard for zombies to reach u just makes things a little easier for the finale but actually skipping past a whole campaign and then getting an achievement to say u completed the campaign on expert is completely different.

Things like a rock that makes it hard for zombies to reach u just makes things a little easier for the finale but actually skipping past a whole campaign and then getting an achievement to say u completed the campaign on expert is completely different.
It's just a glitch that makes it a less chance for special infected to hit you to get nothing special..

Same concept, right? When you use the rock do you say "oh yeah man we beat the campaign and got the achievement we're boss"? You're pretty much just skipping the whole finale. Maybe not, but that's just my opinion. That guy was right, people do rag on other glitches then turn their eyes to the next because they themselves use it. Shouldn't be the case, but it is.

It's a personal choice - do it, or not. Just don't sit around here all day started arguments about who is right and wrong. As no one can ever prove either side is decisively right and the whole thing ends in a flame fest.

Let's all be nice and go back to what we were doing.

Jackanape is the man. I agree 100% :Bounce:

Hm

Tbh im not trying to argue, There is no winning against a bunch of 360a members. I was kinda happy to see when the post was gone, but now im just kinda tryna reply to any1 that replys to me..

i dont care much for this game anymore, so it dont bother me, although if it was like brothers in arms hellshighway, and i fort i might

of had a chance to get the full 1000 first. then i would probably

still be angry.

I think the dashboard glitch is Wrong. Whoever does it cannot say they did It Legit, And they Should Really think about suicide! Also means you do not have enough game skill to get the acheivment Legit..

Your first and last lines from your first comment here - and you wonder why I think you're being insulting? First you say people who do the glitch should commit suicide then you say they obviously don't have enough skill to do it legit. Lovely. Telling people to kill themselves over a game is not voicing your opinion and I don't care how funny you meant it to be. Plus people have done this and other achs legit - they didn't pop up so they glitched it. Does that mean they don't have the skill?

Meaning they must suck at this game to have to cheat for the acheivment?

Again you insult peoples skill - again I must point out that ANYONE could get this achievement with enough time and a good team. They just choose to spend an hour at it rather than 45. What a crime.

@NoMaD DiSTuRBeD

If you take the Suicide thing i said Seriously, You must have A Serious Problem. And me saying you must have a serious Problem is Really not a Serious thing i Think, Its just a way of me Explaining you must Be stupid to Belive i acturly wanted people to Commit Suicide over it.

Calling people stupid = not insulting?

Hm And Please highlight the part Where i said "You all may laugh at my funny joke" Please? I did not say it was a joke. So please do not Twist my words arround. Like ok ok, you people that take the glitch method do it an all, But there should atleast be some downside to it, For example a Message next to there L4D acheivments that every1 can see saying "I Suck at this game, I took the Short route". Just so the people that Do it Legit Atleast have somthing To show.

You then say that telling people to commit suicide was not a joke. Errr, what? Before again saying everyone who glitches this game sucks.

IMP at the end of the day its Cheating, Thats my opinion, Seems alot of people on Forums Get Upset, Or Angry By some ones Opinion. If u cant take an opinion Get off the internet. I complain about it Because You cannot tell between The real Gamers That do all there acheivments Legit, and the Fake gamers that choose To figure out glitches arround the acheivments. When i saw People with High gamerscore, I would think of them as a person that was Really good at games, Now I dont see them good at games at all, Because i cant decide if they Really did the acheivments they Have legit.

No one gets mad over an opinion, they get mad because you won't see the other side of the argument at all and keep saying they suck. As for saying anyone with high GS is possibly a cheater - well that's just ridiculous.

Ok and when did i call the people that disagree'd with me assholes? Please highlight what the person said to disagree with me, and then when i called them a ass hole. But looking through I Found where i called a person a asshole, But this is where i dont get what your on about reading the post.. Maybe if you read it he was calling me idiotic. Ok maybe you dont stand up for yourself, but i stood up formyself by replying with that he is a ass hole. There is nothing wrong with not standing up for yourself but i choose to. Passing my opinion back to another person as he is trying to tell me his is Clearly not forcing him to go by my opinion. Look, Because you have talked of a few wrong facts, can you please Quote each thing i say and at what parts i was forcing the person and telling them to do it my way. Because i've either misread my posts or Your making crap up. Which i dont think you would do.

And the only time i get abusive is if they get abusive to me, if i feel they are being insulting or abusive i do the same back to them, But other from that i simply give my opinion peice by peice.

Now can you please show me the parts you find me forcing a person to go by my opinion if i cant proove that i wasnt forcing them then you get whatever you are trying to Proove.

Check out the bolded part as it speaks for itself. You accuse me of not reading the thread and making crap up and yet contradict yourself with two sentences. By all means stand up for yourself but you haven't made a single addition to your original opinion in all of the other posts - all you've done is repeat yourself and say that people suck at this game.

Plus, if someone insults you - just let it go and don't start all of this 'he started it' crap. Save that for the playground.

I haven't come in here to prove anything. Whereas you've come in here, made your opinion and, rather than leaving it at that, proceeded to then try to shoot down anyone who disagrees with you. Let it go.

Your first and last lines from your first comment here - and you wonder why I think you're being insulting? First you say people who do the glitch should commit suicide then you say they obviously don't have enough skill to do it legit. Lovely. Telling people to kill themselves over a game is not voicing your opinion and I don't care how funny you meant it to be. Plus people have done this and other achs legit - they didn't pop up so they glitched it. Does that mean they don't have the skill?

Again you insult peoples skill - again I must point out that ANYONE could get this achievement with enough time and a good team. They just choose to spend an hour at it rather than 45. What a crime.

Calling people stupid = not insulting?

You then say that telling people to commit suicide was not a joke. Errr, what? Before again saying everyone who glitches this game sucks.

No one gets mad over an opinion, they get mad because you won't see the other side of the argument at all and keep saying they suck. As for saying anyone with high GS is possibly a cheater - well that's just ridiculous.

Check out the bolded part as it speaks for itself. You accuse me of not reading the thread and making crap up and yet contradict yourself with two sentences. By all means stand up for yourself but you haven't made a single addition to your original opinion in all of the other posts - all you've done is repeat yourself and say that people suck at this game.

Plus, if someone insults you - just let it go and don't start all of this 'he started it' crap. Save that for the playground.

I haven't come in here to prove anything. Whereas you've come in here, made your opinion and, rather than leaving it at that, proceeded to then try to shoot down anyone who disagrees with you. Let it go.

Did it ever come to your mind that my Opinion is people that do the glitch suck? I would find More skill in people Who did the acheivment the way it says to be done in the description, Rather than Congratulating people that glitched the acheivment. Yeah they may want to do it in quicker time, But if they really didnt suck at the game How come they cant get the acheivment without Glitching the game? And how are you sure that every1 glitched it because they wanted it quicker? Most of them probably did it because they Could not Do the acheivment the way it says, Meaning they dont have much skill at it, Meaning they suck at not getting hurt by a special infected.

Originally Posted by jackanape http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/buttons/viewpost.gif

It's a personal choice - do it, or not. Just don't sit around here all day started arguments about who is right and wrong. As no one can ever prove either side is decisively right and the whole thing ends in a flame fest.

Let's all be nice and go back to what we were doing.

And when did i start this argument? I started the one with my first Post i admit by saying they Sucked for not being able to do it legit, But aint what you say there, Esactly what you did when u bumped the post back up? Im not the only person here insulting, There are others, why pick me to start a argument at? And try to proove im wrong? Ending it in a flame fest. I stopped posting because it was pointless, But then you bring it back up and say that ^^ But thats esactly what your Doing. The fire went out and you started it again. I was wrong saying people sucked i admit, but tell me the Skill in skipping half of somthing and just finishing the end? Ok well first there is the Skill of finding the glitch out, But thats all i see.

And I've been reading other peoples Opinions, i just do not agree, Like you do not agree with me, when i say they dont have enough skill to finish the acheivment properly. So Your not that open minded seeing it from my point of view? I've added a reason to my opinion each time,

At first i talked about how i fort the glitch was wrong seeing as there is no downside to it, For example certain glitches you do on this game Make you lose health, This one gives u full health at the beggining of the safe room.

Then i went on to talk about how its not doing Esactly what the acheivment tells you to do.

And then i called DRCL stupid, For beliving i was trying to Make people commit suicide over the internet. I Wouldnt perswade any one to commit suicide, And beliving some one over the internet Is stupid, For example if anyone read my post and then commited suicide, yes i would feel bad, but i would also Think they are very stupid. Then i also compared it to getting a test in school, I got my words mixed up but what i ment was. Skipping all the awnsers doing the Last 3 and getting an A+ There is no skill in getting the last 3 awnsers right if you couldnt be bothered doing the first part of the test.

Then i brought up the downsides thing again, and mentioned A message saying the person who glitched the acheivment should have a message next to his name saying he glitched it or somthing. "I sucked at dodging special infected" for example.

Then i added on that People that do the acheivment Legit will get nothing for doing the acheivment, People aint going to esactly belive them when they say they unlocked it Legit, when there is a glitch going arround that every1 knows of. Like when people say "I bet you glitched that acheivment" The person probably didnt glitch it, but if glitchers wernt arround no one would be having second thoughts about people.

Then i talked about How i knew a good gamer with low gamerscore, not so much on topic but i was talking with some one, Also the thing is. He is good at games, but i still dont belive half the stuff he tells me his done on games, i always think his glitched it, So that brings back the not beliving people of glitching because other people glitch it.

Then i talked about methods and easyer ways it might be able to be done legit.

Then i talked back at the guy talking about religion, and insulted him saying he was a ass hole and he talked bullshit. He hadn't read what i had said esactly, and was pointing out facts (also insulting, What you dont go quoting him because he is on the glitchers side of the argument?) But he also insulted, and i insulted him back.

Then i talked about how he didnt read my posts as i notice with most people that bring up things that i did not say.

Andd.. thats about it, So as you can see from what i just explained i put diffrent parts of my opinion into each post. Im not trying to argue, im trying to back my opinions up, Which i dont think i should be doing, So stop trying to proove your right with the "Your wrong for saying people suck" Because i fort you said No one can proove what side is right.

And yeah i was wrong for saying people sucked, but its my opinion, forums are places for opinions, but Tell me where is the skill in Not doing somthing but being awarded for it..

Sorry for the long post, i hate reading/writing long posts, i just have alot of time and nothing to do.

That was a pain in the ass to read - grammar is free of charge to everyone.

Regardless, despite your arguments - all you have actually done is repeat the same opinion in every post. You don't think people should glitch the game. Fine. We get it. The fact that you have then repeated that point numerous times with a slightly different argument or spin does not make it in any way a new opinion.

Plus, at no point did I say I was on the side of the glitchers. If someone does it legit then well done to them but how can you tell them apart from someone who glicthes? You can't so what difference does it make?

The reason I've called you out is because no one else on this thread has continued to slam everyone who argued with them. There may be one or two examples of them being rude but you are doing it continuously.

Just because someone disagrees with you on a thread does not mean you have to leap back in there to defend your so called honour.

I've no doubt you'll respond with molre gibberish but I for one am done here and will be requesting this thread gets locked as it serves no purpose.

I just want to add that this is an argument that has been going on since the early days of video games. Someone finishes the game and then someone finds a easier way to do it. The first guy feels cheated and bitches at second guy. What the first guy should do is think to himself, "Have I ever used a short cut or work around in any other game." The answer would most probably be Yes. If this is the case, you have no moral high ground to bitch at the second guy.

And for gods sakes don't be a fanboy of a game. "It's ok to use work arounds on that game because its not as good as this one." That is the stupidist arguement ever. A great game to one guy, is a complete piece of crap to another and vice versa.

This sort of thing is going to happen from then to forever. So the best thing to do is move on and game.