GoW movie : live or animation?

Omegafr

Live or animation?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Live or animation?

• Live
    • Animation

ther is going to be a GOW movie , like i thnk they have a director.

anyways live would have to be it :p

although all game movies so far have been shit .....

Not a total shit IMO. Well I don't speak about Mario or Mortal Kombat of course :D .

But Resident Evil, if it's not a great movie, deserves once a rent for a popcorn/beer dvdthon with friends (the first one, the others ARE shit).

And Final Fantasy had incredible graphics for the time (they're still amazing now) but the story was lame.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn some of you for saying 50 Cent for Cole Train!:mad:

An epic character such as Cole Train needs an epic actor...

none epic enough come to mind.

Also, I reckon they should probably do this animated as, lets be honest, if they mess up the actors, it'll ruin the entire franchise for a lot of people.

Even though it may well be more expensive, animated would probably be better as it'll be the same voices and look we've all come to love.

Still...

Some good ideas all round.

And, yeah, I've also heard it's being made, production being in 2009 and being released in 2010, about the same time as GoW3

Not a total shit IMO. Well I don't speak about Mario or Mortal Kombat of course :D .

But Resident Evil, if it's not a great movie, deserves once a rent for a popcorn/beer dvdthon with friends (the first one, the others ARE shit).

And Final Fantasy had incredible graphics for the time (they're still amazing now) but the story was lame.

Also Silent Hill that was really good from a video game to movie, and if RE movies where really that bad they would not have made three of them. They made enough money to keep making them, the studio would not keep going if they lost money everytime.

i vote animation but if live:

john travolta as marcus

http://thesuperficial.com/2007/04/john-travolta-wild-hogs.jpghttp://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos2/john-travolta-world-premiere-on-wild-hogs-5ZHq1t.jpg

HOLY CRAP MAN!!! that looks like marcus.. and if i remember right those pictures are only a year old from that "wildhogs" movie...

and he could pull it off.. he does play a few badasses before.. remember "face/off" and "broken arrow" etc....

HOLY CRAP MAN!!! that looks like marcus.. and if i remember right those pictures are only a year old from that "wildhogs" movie...

and he could pull it off.. he does play a few badasses before.. remember "face/off" and "broken arrow" etc....

He does look like him but IDK about him, I still like bruce willis, john travolta is a good actor. but wilis with his work on the die hard movies sold me as marcus.

If they can get better script and writer/writers then the Live action one could work. The writer for Gears 2 did a fine job but im expecting an even better one to hold the entire trilogy together and to at least make the first Gears a lot better cause as of right now its just not good enough to be a fully engaging 1st Act to a trilogy.

DIRECTOR:

Also I'm surprised that the only (possible) director to be mentioned is Peter Jackson and in my opinion he could be a good runner-up but to me I dont think that he could direct the feel for Gears of War. Now Guillermo del Toro is the way to go. He knows how to get that creepy, fantasy look that at times feels completely dark. If you havent seen his past work then go watch Hellboy 1 and 2, and Pan's Labrynth which all great movies but de Toro has the vision to create monsters on the screen that arent CGI. He could definitely bring the Locust to life. (I think he also works with Weta Workshop but im not 100% on it.)

I'd see the movie regardless of it being live or animated. I'd have more faith in the film if it were animated, though. I'm keen on keeping the likeness of the characters in tact, especially the voices. I'd rather not see an actor can of tarnish the role of specific characters (Especially Baird; definitely my favorite character in the games).

The movie wouldn't sell as well if it were animated, though, but I wouldn't mind.

First off, LIVE. Making sure that EPIC was involved too really make sure the movie wasn't rushed or done poorly.

"Terrible Terry Tate" AKA Triple T AKA Lester Speight AKA voice of Cole would be a perfect match because he is, after all, a big black guy with the perfect Cole voice (since its his).

I want a Gears movie worthy of being put onto the big screen, and I'll wait years if I have to if thats how long it takes them to get it right.

Also, we wouldn't have to wait until the 3rd Gears came out, theres plenty of story to be told with the Pendulum Wars and E-Day. The first GOW skipped all that basically. Or how did Marcus end up in prison when Dom saves him? Thats something they could work around.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like this thread had been forgoten. Time to wake it up

As the french OP of this thread, I want to pay respect to my homeboys. So here's my french actors casting for Delta Squad (I know it will never happen but after all, all of this is for fun ;) )

- Marcus : Clovis Cornillac

http://www.myfreesport.fr/commun/n260x/c6/clovis-cornillac.jpg

(Basicly a comedy actor that began to make action packed movies and is quite good at it)

- Dom : Jose Garcia

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/IMG/jpg/14-01-10.jpg

(A very good actor with hispanic origins just like Dom)

- Cole : Booba

http://www.webjeune.com/photos/Booba.jpg

(A french raper. I know he looks a lot like any US raper but french raper are all american gangsta wannabies :) )

- Baird : Vincent Cassel

http://imagesforum.doctissimo.fr/mesimages/4588563/vincent-cassel-20040422-859.jpg

(This one u must know. He was in Ocean's 12. He doesn't look like Baird but he's the best actor in France. And he's handsome, smart, and likes to speak his word just like Baird)

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=43486

http://i27.tinypic.com/2196t8w.png

ComingSoon.net got a chance to talk to Twilight producer Wyck Godfrey about the status of the proposed Gears of War video game adaptation. "We've got our script on and a director we're about to attach. We'll hopefully make that early next year for the summer of 2010," said Godfrey.

It was announced in March of 2007 that New Line Cinema (now a unit of Warner Bros.) had acquired the feature film rights to Epic Games' award-winning video game. Stuart Beattie was attached to adapt the project and Temple Hill Entertainment set to produce.

Since its debut in November 2006, "Gears of War" has broken sales records on the Microsoft Xbox 360, selling more than 3 million copies worldwide. The game thrusts players into humankind's epic battle for survival against the Locust Horde, a nightmarish race of creatures that surface from the bowels of the planet. The story unfolds as a ragtag group of soldiers use every last ounce of strength to survive the onslaught from the forces of evil, which begins on the historic Emergence Day.

Cliff Bleszinski, the lead game designer for "Gears of Wars," worked in conjunction with Beattie to define a treatment for the film.

• 9 months later...