Challenge Mode Guide

Roaming Dragon

This is my guide for an easy way to get these Achievements, i will give you the way step by step.

Before i begin let me just give you a few tips.

Step Zero - Tips

If you have a challenge that says:

''Score 2 Goals With A Defender And Midfielder''

You need to do EXACTLY that. Never change round so that Wayne Rooney plays in midfield. This does not work as Wayne Rooney is classed as a striker (a blue dot) not a midfielder (green dot).

It also means that you have to score 2 goals with the same defender, not 2 different ones.

If you have a challenge that says:

''Complete 20 Long Passes With _____''

Always make sure, when making a long pass that you do 2 things:

1. Make sure the meter is in the red before kicking

2. Make sure a person on your team recieves the ball.

As long as you do this the challenge should be easy, you CAN do it back to the goal keeper as long as you make sure that you keep within in the 2 things suggested before.

Step One ... The Easy Bit

First of all you need to go into challenge mode, you do this by presing Start, selecting Game Modes and then selecting Challenge Mode. Select challenge region 1, now select which team you want to be and what team you want to face. I used Manchester United vs Derby County. These 2 teams being the Best and Worst in the Premier League.

Step Two ... The Time Consuming Bit.

Once you have selected your two teams go back out of the Challenge mode by pressing the 'B' button until you are back into the arena. Now press start again and go to Team Management, Now go to the Creation Zone.

This is where things get boring and repetative.

What you need to do is create 11 outfield players and then create 7 substitutes. You need 1x Goalkeeper 4x Defenders 4x Midefielders and 2x Attackers. All you need to do is follow the on screen prompts, when you get to what they look like, turn the stat for the Height all the way Down to the Smallest, now turn their Weight all the way Up to the Heaviest they can go; now turn there Body Compostion to Stocky ... Now go to their stats to how skilled they are and turn everything Down to Zero, now go to the Traits and select all the Negative ones. This will take a while becuase you have to make 11 of these. Now for the substitutes, all you need to do is make 7 more goalkeepers, you dont need to mess with their stats, i will explain why later.

Now what you should have are 11 very small, very heavy and very stocky players.

Step 3 ... Sqauds

Now what you need to do is go back to the arena, press Start and go to Team Management and then to Squads. What you need to do now is select the team called Free Agents, now you need to transfer all the players you just made onto the team you which to Face this is vital because if you dont you will have a team full of retards playing for you. Because of the created players stats you might need to do a detailed search, all you have to do is press "Y" and then change the Min stat to 0 and the Highest stat to 5 or 10 and they should all come up.

Once that is done what you need to do now is do the same again but instead transfer all the players you want that are amazing e.g. Ronaldinho, Torres, Kaka and John Terry onto the team you which to face.

Step 4 ... Team Creation and Formation

This is farely straight forward compared to the rest. All you need to do now is get all your created players into the first team line up, you do this by selecting one of your created players by pressing "A" and then going up to the top (the top being who are going to actually play football) and switching them with there opposites e.g. defender for defender. Once you have got all your created players into the top 11, press RT once then press down so you are ontop of the one that says 3-4-1-2 now press "Y" for edit once you have done this you need to set the players out so there are:

x2 Left Backs

x2 Right Backs

x2 Left Wingers

x2 Right Wingers

x2 Strikers

You can get everythin by 2's by just moving the dots around until they fit like that, this is perfect because it means everytime you kick off they assume this position as soon as they can so you can just run down the middle.

Step 5 ... Tactics

Now what you need to go is press "RT" 4 times which should take you to Team Mentality, what you need to do is set the team to All Out Attack, have their defensive line High and also have their closing down to Full Pitch. The closing down full pitch will knacker the team out because their fitness will be rubbish and the high line means that you have alot of oppurtunities for through balls and balls over the top.

Alternitavly, when there are challenges like ''Keep possesion at or over x%' all you need to do is switch:

All Out Attack - All Out Defence

High - Low

Full Pitch - Own Half

This means that they stay in their half for near enough the whole match, everybody but about 1 striker stays in their own half.

Step 6 ... Carrying On

This is the easy bit just go back into Challenge Mode and select the teams that you wanted before so mine would be Manchester United now with the best players on and Derby County with the bad players on. All you now need to do is play through Challenge Mode once that is complete, move all the players from your selected team so mine would be Derby county into the next team you want to face in the next challenege and do the same with all the good players from your team, so mine would be Manchester United.

So all my players from Derby County would then go to a team i used called KV Mechelen and all the players from Manchester United would go to my next team called Lyon these are the teams i used in the 2nd region. Just continue to do this switching all the players from the teams you had to the new teams you want.

Continue until you have all of the achievements you need.

Hope this helps

-Roaming Dragon

Edited by Roaming Dragon

i also have another suggestion, dont bite my head off if you have already suggested that, i couldnt be bothered to read the whole thread lol...

well anyway....what i do is i go into each region pick which team im going to be through the whole region and a rubbish team im going to play through the whole region. Then i come out of the challenge mode and go to the Team Management section find your Rubbish team you are going to play against...select that team and scroll across to the Formation section press 'Y' which allows you to edit their formation. I always edit their formation for different challenges but what i mainly do is ....Spread the teams forwards on to the wings along with all the midfielders and majority of defenders so the rubbish team has everyone up field except for 1 loan defender. Now in the games all you have to do is retrieve the ball and press 'X' to get it up field for your strikers to take on one loan defender.

i also have another suggestion, dont bite my head off if you have already suggested that, i couldnt be bothered to read the whole thread lol...

well anyway....what i do is i go into each region pick which team im going to be through the whole region and a rubbish team im going to play through the whole region. Then i come out of the challenge mode and go to the Team Management section find your Rubbish team you are going to play against...select that team and scroll across to the Formation section press 'Y' which allows you to edit their formation. I always edit their formation for different challenges but what i mainly do is ....Spread the teams forwards on to the wings along with all the midfielders and majority of defenders so the rubbish team has everyone up field except for 1 loan defender. Now in the games all you have to do is retrieve the ball and press 'X' to get it up field for your strikers to take on one loan defender.

Well yeah i suggested that kind of, i basically said stick everyone to the sides so you have to left and right backs to left and right wingers and to attacking upfronters that are to the left and right so you basically have the whole of the middle of the pitch to run with the ball.

But thanks anyway, inputs always nice.

-Roaming Dragon

• 1 month later...

What about region 9 .. only international pool transfers . Only way is to edit the players themselves but we cant remember their default attributes to set them back when we're done with region 9 .

You don't have to do that, all you need to do for region 9 is have a look at the plyers you have created, and if you have only messed with the attributes then you should be fine.

When i did it i only messed with the attributes and left their home country as England.

All you need to do now is go to TEAM MANAGEMENT and click on INTERNATIONAL SELECTION then just click on all the ones that you have created and they will all be on the England team because their nationality is english.

-Roaming Dragon

I Made a team of loonies before i saw this, apparently makes the challenges a heck of alot easier, but what i want to know. everytime i quit a challenge to the main menu my players seem to dissapear? if i make a whole team of loons again is there anyway i can keep them or would i need to make a new squad for every region?

Great job with this roaming dragon, but I did what spanner said just split the team so the middle is open, then mixed and swapped all the positions, strikers as defenders so forth and so on. And added a garbage small chubby keeper... helped a ton...

And lastly don't know if any one posted this but lets say the challenge calls for a defender with 3 goals, what I did was leave my line up the same, so if I was ManU, I would have Ronney and Tevez up front as strikers, I would get the ball run in with Ronney and at the top of the other teams outside box take the shot, as the ball is travelling in the air into the goal, hit pause and go into the substituations menu, and swap Rooney (who just took the shot) for a defensemen like Neville, then go back into the game. As soon as the ball hits the net, it's a goal for Rooney (Defensemen). Easy defensemen goal. Then just swap Rooney back as a striker right after the goal... I did this for all defense goals in the challenges and worked like a charm...

I think one changelle calls for 2 defensemen goals and 2 midfeillder goals

and then another calls for 3 defensemen goals, obviously you can also swap for a midfeilder...

Sure beats putting a striker on defense and making him work all the way up for goals...

Hope this helps!

Okay so i'm finally done with the 20 long passes and now i got 103/105 challenges done .

And now i get this shit . REGION10 Challenge 6 - 100% Shot accuracy (Super-easy)

- 90% or more passing accuracy(Quite easy)

- 90% Or more possesion ( so damned hard )

Okay so i'm finally done with the 20 long passes and now i got 103/105 challenges done .

And now i get this shit . REGION10 Challenge 6 - 100% Shot accuracy (Super-easy)

- 90% or more passing accuracy(Quite easy)

- 90% Or more possesion ( so damned hard )

Modify their team to a 5-5 and move all the players behind the half field line, then modify their mentality to all out defend,from kick off take a clean shot or lob, get the ball back and just keep passing between defenders since their in an all out defend only 1 or 2 guys will come to your defenders to take away just keep passing it!

• 2 weeks later...
i'm almost at the point of wanting to smash up my 360.. Great guide but.... when i go to move the players out of posistion it says i cant how do you guys get all your players over the the side of the pitch????? freaking frustated now :uzi:

All you gotta do is select them and move them as far over the pitch as you can. It should come up with a box saying: You need to switch positions, select new role .....

just make sure that the defenders are really at the bottom of the screen and that the midfielders aren't as close together so it will select a diff position each time but its still over the side of the ptich.

-Roaming Dragon

This probably sounds abit weak but does anyone know how to crack the achivement ( I think it's in region 1 or 2) The 'Lunger Buster'. I've attempted it loads of times but cannot crack it and i'm just stuck on the same part. Anyone help?

I finally got the full 1000 on FIFA 08 last night, so I am willing to help anyone on the challenges as I have found a few easy ways to complete them. What is the challenge you are stuck on, what are the objectives?

is it complete a number of dribbles with a certain player? if so then all you need to do for a dribble is run with the player for a few seconds then pass to somebody else, give the ball back to the player and do it again. Somewhere in the menu there is player analaysis which allows you to check every player and see how much dribbles, passes, shots and possesion they have had. if you go into the match analysis and click X and choose the team you are playing with, scroll down until your player appears and you can see how much successul dribbles they have done. hope this helps.

I would get the ball run in with Ronney and at the top of the other teams outside box take the shot, as the ball is travelling in the air into the goal, hit pause and go into the substituations menu, and swap Rooney (who just took the shot) for a defensemen like Neville, then go back into the game. As soon as the ball hits the net, it's a goal for Rooney (Defensemen). Easy defensemen goal. Then just swap Rooney back as a striker right after the goal... I did this for all defense goals in the challenges and worked like a charm...

That's a great tip, I'll try it now...

Edit: Yup, works nicely.

Edited by mete0rst0rm

I finally got the full 1000 on FIFA 08 last night, so I am willing to help anyone on the challenges as I have found a few easy ways to complete them. What is the challenge you are stuck on, what are the objectives?

Region 10 Challenge 6.

100% Shot accuracy ( EASY AS PIE )

90% Passing accuracy ( CAN BE DONE )

90% Possesion ( HOLY HELL SOMEBODY HELP ME )

Really need help on this one i got 103/105 challenges done already, only left Region10 Challenge6 and 10 .

ok i have to score once with ______ (easy as anything)

complete 20 dribbles with______ (what the heck?)