Compulsive Liar Achievement glitched?

wacko3.16

Hope someone can offer me some advice.

Myself and my friend worked together so as that I ended up winning a 6 man Liars Dice game with all my five die intact. People did leave during the game but this happened with Pa-Pa-Pa Poker Ace and I got that okay.

Is this achievement broke or is it something to do with the fact someone left when losing their first die?

Really annoyed with it seeing this is my last Liars and Cheaters cheevo I need.

Any advice anyone?

I still can't believe that Rockstar did that, it's hard enough as it is without boosting it, but it's impossible to do it legit the way it is, who's going to just sit there and watch after they've lost, it's rare enough to see one person stay after they lose never mind four people. Most people leave after losing the first dice. They could have at least made it like the poker one so people can leave afterwards.

Maybe they screwed it up and it was supposed to be like the poker one so you at least had a chance of getting it, would they really have put something so impossible in it, so you could only get it by boosting it? Perhaps if it happens to more people like yourself they will complain and they might adjust it.

I've sent them an email, I'm curious to know why they made that one different to the other, maybe they will reply and confirm that it's either a glitch or if it really is supposed to be like that, just doesn't seem fair the way it is.

Edited by Razzb3rrys

Razzberrys I could not agree more. If I had known that I would have set up a boosting party ages ago cause put simply I wanted to get these cheevo's legit (well with the exception of my mate in party chat :p). Everything else on my list has been done through pure skill, even got a quadriple kill on Stronghold (My GOD I love those cannons on Fort Mercer).

If/when you get a response Razzberrys from Rockstar could you post it on here? Just for the poor fools like me who have been cheated ...

I think the day has come where I have to say no more to trying for the Compulive Liar legit and just bluff my way later on saying I did it the honest way ::woop::woop::woop:

Edited by wacko3.16
Personal Message for Razz

Yea I have no problem saying that you cannot get Compulsive Liar legitimately. There's just way too much luck being depended upon.

There's a single player achievement that requires you to win Liar's Dice without losing a die, but that was easily done with just 1 person sitting at the table.

Requiring 6 real players, and making them stay the entire game is absurd, and most likely wasn't the way they intended.

I really do have a feeling something is wrong with it, it's even worded the same as the poker one and as I said, your not gonna get four people to just sit there afterwards, the actual achievement of surviving 25 rounds of the game itself is a tough achievement but the players staying thing just doesn't seem right to me, they said they'd reply within 72 hours so I'll post the reply here when they do, hopefully I'll get a reply from someone who actually knows what I'm talking about and not just some automated reply.

I feel the same as you though, I haven't got this achievement yet either cuz I just don't like boosting and I like to get them all legit, my cousin wanted to get it and there's only really us two on our friends lists who have the game, I tried to use the boosting thread but it seems hard now to get a full party on at the same time. We'd even tried it where in a 6 player game if one of us was sat next to each other, we wouldn't call any bluffs but someone always called a spot on bid.

It is more fun to try and get them without boosting though, I remember we both got the poker achievement and the triple kill together the same nights and it felt good after trying to get the triple kill for so long, if they could make it so the people are allowed to leave afterwards like the poker one then it would be possible.

There's thousands of people who don't even use this site and have probably never even heard of boosting, makes you wonder how people like that was ever supposed to get this achievement. That's what me wonder if it was slightly glitched to begin with.

If it's done this way on purpose then it just sucks and it's probably one of the worst achievements I've ever seen since the average player would have pretty much no chance whatsoever of unlocking it, there shouldn't be a need to 'cheat' to unlock something we paid for. Sure there's a chance of doing it legit with random people, but it's like a 0.0000001% one lol but a much higher % with the people leaving thing fixed.

Edited by Razzb3rrys

Well Rockstar have at times put stupid achievements in games, i.e. the pigeons in GTA4. They would have been okay but some of the places they hid them, only someone in a straight jacket could of thought of.Either way they have worded the Compulsive Liar in the same way as the Pa-Pa-Pa Poker Ace achievement yet the rules are different? Nah .... theyve done it wrong somehow.At the end of the day I am quite happy just now with Undead Nightmare but I am gunning for the full 1500G on this game, and I have to boost it ... then HELL I'll boost it. I have been sending F/R across to folk wanting to just boost it and get it over with sso if youre game then hit me up but I will say until I have 100% the Undead DLC Single PLayer I will not be coming back over to the multiplayer side.

lol yeah I remember chucking a grenade through the third story of a window to get a pidgeon, so stupid.

They haven't emailed me back yet, but yeah whenever your ready to boost it just send me a message on here with the time etc and we'll set it up, I have my cousin too who also needs it so that's at least 3 of us, friday/saturday nights are the best times for us but like you said no rush, enjoy the new expansion first :)

Just got the achievement it is not glitched. All 6 players must stay through out the game and i did with 6 people that had mics and it had to be very organize so the winner would call spot on calls.

The supposed glitch is that you need the 6 people to stay, something that's impossible without arranged boosting since the chances of 4 people sat there picking their noses afterwards for 10 minutes is unlikely, to be fair you'd have more chance of picking up a stick using just your ass cheeks than you would getting that achievement without cheating. I personally doubt the company did it on purpose unless they now make achievements that can only be done by boosting, the poker one worked properly.

Still no email back from them though, would have been nice to know either way since they expect us to pay for their products, a little customer service afterwards wouldn't go a miss.

Edited by Razzb3rrys

• 2 weeks later...

They finally replied lol

Question: Hi, I was just wondering if the Compulsive Liar achievement is supposed to require all 6 players to remain at the table until the entire game finishes. Because for the similar poker achievement it worked if the game started with all 6 players but it didn't matter if people left the game after they lose, as long as you won the game you got the achievement. The dice achievement doesn't seem to work this way, it only unlocks if everyone stays until the end which makes it impossible to get unless you have 5 friends to play with so you can cheat and tell each other what dice you have, it really needs to be so people are allowed to leave afterwards because nobody ever stays at the table once they lose. I just wondered if this was intentional or whether it's a glitch/bug and the compulsive liar achievement is supposed to work the same as the pa-pa-pa-poker one with people being allowed to leave the for the achievement to unlock. Thanks.

-

Hi,

For any game tips or help please visit our site at www.rockstargames.com

Kind regards,

Paul

Technical Support

-

LOL that would be funny if it wasn't so stupid, did he even read my email, the best part is it said I would get a reply no later than 72 hours, well it took him about 384 hours to reply :rolleyes:

If the achievement was meant to be this way then fair enough but I personally don't believe it was, I think it was meant to be the same as the poker one so it's actually possible to do legit, who adds an achievement that can only be done by boosting.

But after spending over 2000 points on their DLC, most of which should have been in the game to begin with, you'd think they'd actually take the time to read what people have to say properly. They just see 1500 on some peoples gamerscores and assume it's all okay, same reason why Ghostbusters ended up not getting a patch, 1000 scores on some peoples profiles and they blame us and not their own game.

Looks like we're stuck with this annoying 'boosting only' achievement, it would have been nice to get an official yes or no answer though.

Edited by Razzb3rrys

If I had to guess:

The reason you can get Poker Ace with people leaving the table is that there is a secondary requirement of raising the blinds. This would require that at least one person stay in the game long enough to do this.

With Compulsive Liar, you start out with the achievement's requirement (Have 5 dice). If people could quit, boosters could simply start a game, then have the other 5 players drop out. I think they wanted to avoid this.

Just a guess...