Grim Reaper achievement: Golem strategy Nightmare

Ackter

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having no trouble with the first part, but the second part is ridiculous. There is no switch to disable the skeletons, and even when I start attacking the harvester some, my companions get killed easily despite me being using group heal as fast as i can.

Edit: Never mind, I ended up using the dupe glitch instead :p

Edited by Capta1nJack91

• 3 weeks later...
I'm having no trouble with the first part, but the second part is ridiculous. There is no switch to disable the skeletons, and even when I start attacking the harvester some, my companions get killed easily despite me being using group heal as fast as i can.

Edit: Never mind, I ended up using the dupe glitch instead :p

yea i was having the same problem not being able to find the switch in the 2nd phase. i really dont want to have to do the dupe glitch, i guess ill just keep trying

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This took me a couple tries with this method so i tried it with having only the 3 non-golem characters attacking and turned off all other tactics besides heal at <75% health. It seems that before, the guys would be too busy doing dumb stuff rather than popping a health pot. Got it first try after I did that. Also, good call manually making everyone attack the harvester on 2nd round. Otherwise they attack anything/nothing important.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Thanks for this strategy. It worked! It took me like 4 times, as my party kept dying all in the same time frame.

Eventually I beat it's first phase with all of my party alive and full health. 2nd phase kicked in, and for some reason NONE of the skeletons spawned in! I just kept my golem in a safe location, just in case and let the other party members slowly beat him. The 2nd phase just kept jumping from 1 spot to the next and after about 5 minutes, it was over. Woohoo.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Wow, must try this strategy as I failed so hard the game ended up in my shelve some time ago!

If you're having trouble, the key is making sure you hit the Harvester in its second (smaller) form to get the party targeting it for Phase 2. I had done that in the beginning of the fight for Phase 1 but not after it changes forms. I can't tell you how many times I failed but once I realized that was all I needed to do, the method works perfectly. Also if your Warden is an archery rogue (mine was), you should re-spec them to be a dual-wielder since it is entirely a melee battle. That was the other problem I was having.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...