Achievement Guide

DarkSephiroth

I would still recommend to keep Fortune Hunter and you will get a ton of gold star weapons, maybe them all, without any extra grinding. I don't think it's that difficult on Chaos that one skill makes a difference but there are a lot of weapons ;)

The Duke Of Darkness gave you a good answer. I just wanted to add that I haven't had any problems with Lu Bu's 5th weapon (as you cannot temper 5th weapons) and I have un-tempered 4th Halberd just if there seems to be too much disadvantage for me in 3-point system as Storm rush works wonders in Chaos.

I'm not actually sure but I think it's the max. 100 battles in a row was a piece of cake. I did it with lvl 70 Lu Bu so it's really really easy but long and remember to save often.

Alright thanks for all your help! You read my mind: I was going to ask about tempering 5th weapons. Glad to hear it is as easy as I thought it was. I actually got something like 3-5 gold star weapons just playing up through battle 10 on beginner with Fortune Hunter at level 2 only. Although I realized that most were probably during the Duels to unlock more allies.

So that brings up my next question: I'm somewhere between 720 and 790 allies, and it's at the point where new allies are really only showing up in Duels, and in Skirmishes and Great Battles, it is normally just all Unit Commanders. When I finish all 790 allies, will all of the Ambition mode battles be against Unit Commanders, and no more named officers will show up? Cause if so, then I assume weapon farming will be best in Free Mode against named officers, since there won't be any left in Ambition Mode to fight against (which sounds like another reason for the 100 battles being a piece of cake).

Alright thanks for all your help! You read my mind: I was going to ask about tempering 5th weapons. Glad to hear it is as easy as I thought it was. I actually got something like 3-5 gold star weapons just playing up through battle 10 on beginner with Fortune Hunter at level 2 only. Although I realized that most were probably during the Duels to unlock more allies.

So that brings up my next question: I'm somewhere between 720 and 790 allies, and it's at the point where new allies are really only showing up in Duels, and in Skirmishes and Great Battles, it is normally just all Unit Commanders. When I finish all 790 allies, will all of the Ambition mode battles be against Unit Commanders, and no more named officers will show up? Cause if so, then I assume weapon farming will be best in Free Mode against named officers, since there won't be any left in Ambition Mode to fight against (which sounds like another reason for the 100 battles being a piece of cake).

Yep just Unit Commanders. Capture of Wei - Wei forces on Chaos is awesome for weapon farming, I was on 90% and 1 hour later I had them all.

Take Fortune Hunter for example, in "Yellow Turban Conflict", there's endless soldier spawns at the start of the stage after the gates right behind you open. Grind 1500 kills, then proceed. Before you slay any named officer, save your game. If you get the Fortune Hunter skill upgrade after the kill, save again and proceed, if not, reload. The other skills may be grinded this way as well.

This for sure. I've never seen this strategy online and yeah this works wonders. Save before you kill 3 officers and it makes a world if difference. I went from a 16 fortune hunter to a 20 in 1 hours work. I had no idea it was so random.

Basically to me the TL;DR of this is:

1)start with ambition. Level until you can do 100 in a row

2) get fortune hunter to 20 to begin the weapons. Best on yellow turban, Jesus forces.

3)story. beat every star though it make take a while

4) Mop up movie/events. Not hard if you are looking at a guide.

5) beat everything on chaos. You unlock a bunch from story but its better to start with chaos than beginner.

6) complete bonds in ambition. This is a haul but its essentially the final step. If you got fortune hunter 20 early here you shouldn't be missing much, if any. Now just wait until you have bonds with a male and female and boom, 1000g.

Edit: you don't have to beat every mission in story and free mode, so use your favorite character and go wild in free mode for chaos.

Edited by Zhou Tai of Wu

Basically to me the TL;DR of this is:

1)start with ambition. Level until you can do 100 in a row

2) get fortune hunter to 20 to begin the weapons. Best on yellow turban, Jesus forces.

3)story. beat every star though it make take a while

4) Mop up movie/events. Not hard if you are looking at a guide.

5) beat everything on chaos. You unlock a bunch from story but its better to start with chaos than beginner.

6) complete bonds in ambition. This is a haul but its essentially the final step. If you got fortune hunter 20 early here you shouldn't be missing much, if any. Now just wait until you have bonds with a male and female and boom, 1000g.

Edit: you don't have to beat every mission in story and free mode, so use your favorite character and go wild in free mode for chaos.

Don't forget you have to get every characters 5th weapon. You don't have to do all star objectives btw.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Dynasty Warriors 8 Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 2 months later...
So I maxed the bonds with all the officers using both a man and female characters but when I went to the gallery I didn't get the achievement...

Did you check out my guide? It says you also have to have every officer at lvl 30 to unlock general voices. As the achievement is for getting all voices in the gallery not for only maxing out bonds :)

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2656/5-t-Zqw=.jpg Animal Collector 10:gsicon:

Obtained all of the animals within the game.

You have to get all of the animals in the game in Ambition mode.

Birch, Mahogany, Chestnut, Walnut, Maple, Elephant, Panda, Tiger, Falcon, Wolf, Bear

- These can be bought from Merchant or being dropped by enemy officers.

Rare animals:

Shadow Runner - After 30 straight battles in a row.

Hex Mark - After 60 straight battles in a row.

Red Hare - After 90 straight battles in a row.

War Elephant - After 100 straight battles in a row.

Golden Panda - After acquiring Tongquetai and getting all facilitys to max level AND MAXIMUM ALLIES (female/male hero)

Harrier - After acquiring Tongquetai and getting all facilitys to max level.

If you don't get Golden Panda or Harrier when you're supposed to, go play one battle and come back to city, you should get them. Can sometimes happen if you have everything maxed when you get Tongquetai.

I edited your post due to missing information.

http://www.trueachievements.com/a177963/animal-collector-achievement.htm

I referenced this link.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...