New to Kinect, having some issues

Rascalov

I just bought a Kinect a couple days ago. I currently have Kinect Adventures and Cabela's Adventure Camp. I'm finding that the Kinect doesn't register my actions as it should, which makes the games a chore to play. For example in Cabela's, when I jump or move to the side, the game doesn't register my movements. This has made what should have been a super easy game to complete a rather difficult one. Also in Kinect Adventures, my jumps only register half the time. Just wondered if anyone else had similar issues with this game or any others?

Have the light on or a bright room

Have enough room (5-10metres)

DO THE KINECT TUNER

press guide and it should be at the bottom.

that should help

This is pretty much what you need to get it to work well. But I would like to add, have a bright room so it can see you. But close the blinds and don't have a lot of sunlight coming into the room. Also, some games for kinect are just simply broken so that may be a factor. Kinect Adventures is a great game and everything should work fine, not sure about Cabelas though.

Yup, make sure you run through all of the calibration tests.

Make sure the Kinect can see your legs and arms. Lighting is key, but it requires the right kind of lighting. You probably want two light sources opposite eachother to ensure parts of you aren't in shadow. Left and right work best, not so much if the light is directly above you.

Make sure there's enough space BEHIND you as well as in front of you. If you're right up against a wall, the Kinect is going to have a lot of trouble seeing your hands.

Make sure the kinect is up high. If it's below the minimum distance from the floor, it's going to have to pan up to see you, throwing off a lot of games. (Haunt, for instance, won't be able to register your hands over your face very well if it looks like they're in line with your forehead from it's perspective.)

And a good amount of distance is always best. You should be able to see on the calibration screen if the Kinect can see your entire body or not.