Thoughts on the Game?

Spock

Are you excited for this game? Do you think it sounds like a good idea? Let me know!

I personally think this game has some really great ideas, but ultimately doesn't look as good as it could be. We still have to wait a while for the release (sometime in 2013), but I expected more as they're showing it off already. I imagine there won't be as much level interaction as the devs say there will be, but I guess I could be a bit more optimistic. I wouldn't mind fighting Superman as Batman.

Here is some new gameplay from EVO 2012:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to it. As a big comics fan and an Mortal Kombat fan (Especially MK9) it's like a mash-up of great characters with what looks to be great gameplay. I'm just crossing my fingers for Bane as a part of the roster. Doubt it'll happen, but maybe with the Dark Knight Rises hype around him he'll see some action. I need to break backs!

I'm really looking forward to it. As a big comics fan and an Mortal Kombat fan (Especially MK9) it's like a mash-up of great characters with what looks to be great gameplay. I'm just crossing my fingers for Bane as a part of the roster. Doubt it'll happen, but maybe with the Dark Knight Rises hype around him he'll see some action. I need to break backs!

well if they didnt think about it while theyre making it, theres always DLC.. but yea, Bane would be a good character in this game..

im just hoping that it doesnt end up like MKvsDC.. didnt really like that game.

I'm just glad that WB brought back the DC cast for another fighting romp. I really loved MK vs DC in spite of the toned down violence and this looks far, far better than the MK vs DC 2 that I had envisioned and for for so many years. Also, call me slow, but have there been any more roster reveals since Nightwing and Cyborg?

well if they didnt think about it while theyre making it, theres always DLC.. but yea, Bane would be a good character in this game..

im just hoping that it doesnt end up like MKvsDC.. didnt really like that game.

I'm sure they recognized that Bane would have gained popularity with TDKR. Whether or not they include him is up to them I guess.

And, not to undersell it, I think it'll be Mortal Kombat 9 with a DC skin. That's a good thing. Last year's Mortal Kombat played fantastically, it's everything I could've hoped for in a fighting game. I think the studio has advanced since MKvsDC, I think the recent Mortal Kombat should be used as a point of reference.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do think it looks rather clunky as was mentioned previously. It does not look very polished, but that could simply be due to being far from release.

As a side-note, a pre-order bonus info caught my eye with something it mentioned. It gives you some extra skins and then 20 Additional Missions Set in the Red Son Storyline.

Missions? Additional Missions? Is this something like the Campaign Mode or whatever from Tekken 6? A way to have a side scroller, or platformer whatever you call it, with the DC characters? Or are these just simply you battle 20 different people based on a what-if scenario that really doesn't change any aspect of gameplay, just switches up the fight ladder, being loosely based on a storyline?

Does anyone have ANY info on this. If it's like Tekken 6, in some way, then I will be totally excited for this. If it's just a new fight ladder, then I'm stuck still at the meh, not sure if I want it with what I've seen.

You can see why I want to know more about the Missions! This can be the difference between me getting this game or not! I can't take just a 1 on 1 fighting game for very long, not enough variety in what happens, gets old fast. But spice it up with some campaign missions, upgradeable armor parts, some light RPG elements maybe, a cool story, or stories, and I'm all over this!

Please, ANY help will be appreciated! x360a community, you're my only hope! lol

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else keen for a batman universe game in this fashion, there are definitely enough good and bad characters and most of them are visually interesting all with differing strenths and weaknesses

That would be amazing! Batman has such an amazing catalogue of great characters. But I'm a massive Green Lantern fan too so this game is a must buy for me.

Are you excited for this game? Do you think it sounds like a good idea? Let me know!

I personally think this game has some really great ideas, but ultimately doesn't look as good as it could be. We still have to wait a while for the release (sometime in 2013), but I expected more as they're showing it off already. I imagine there won't be as much level interaction as the devs say there will be, but I guess I could be a bit more optimistic. I wouldn't mind fighting Superman as Batman.

Here is some new gameplay from EVO 2012:

I wasn't sure at first until I found out it was from the makers of Mortal Kombat 9. This will probably be a day 1 buy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...