I gotta ask....

D347H0FL0V3

yea, it's worth getting. it's a simple hack&slash, and while it's no god of war or devil may cry, conan is a fun game. especially if you enjoy conan. it's pretty close to the novels, full of combat, nudity, demons (although conan using magic bothers me a bit) puzzles have been toned down, so it's almost non-stop action.

for this price, get it!

• 2 years later...

Well, I got this game, and I have to say even for the insane low price, I wish I had never bought it.

The bosses are infuriating. Each boss fight is you killing the boss several times with nothing different happening. Non telegraphed attacks that randomly hit one side or all of the screen that take more than half your HP. Several times a boss fight. Just instantly healed boss, back up into a new phase that is identical. At least Resident Evil is kind of fun when it does this.

I am currently on some zombie snake lady who is raising undead minions out of nowhere, that literally attack for 7 seconds straight. Pair this with laser beams that deal 40% of your health and her always targeting you and you have probably got the worse boss of any game ever.

Regular enemies come in only a few forms, shielded and always blocking, two handed sword and always blocking, or single weapon. And after the first level, you can no longer grapple enemies unless they are knocked down first, making grapple semi-useless.

This is one of the worst games I have played. Worse than Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust. Games like this are satisfying when you complete them, but they are not fun most of the time you're playing.

Edited by Sizzy

Haha, wow, strong statement.

Well, I completed that game. The camera fighting you every second is the worst part of that game. That, and they made the genre a platformer with no nudity for some reason. I can see people liking this game more though just because of the genre.

I'm not sure I will complete this game. These bosses are a pain. There hasn't been a single one aside from the first that I haven't had to restart at least 15 times. From random damage because it decides something hit you twice, to it starting you with 10% hp because there are no healing items before the boss.

And the levels getting to the bosses are 200 enemies, all of which are easiest taken out with parries, or you have to break their shield with several hits beforehand. Half of the move list will only make your game harder.

This game is fun at times, but the bosses are just abysmal. And I feel they are just so bad at times that they drain all the fun away.

Edited by Sizzy

A guilty pleasure game of mine, one I could possibly 1000 if I could get the treasure chests for that particular gs. My current copy was also $4, but bought last year. In 2009 or so, I got my first copy from Walmart's $19.99 assorted games bin.

$20 for Vampire Rain was one of my mistakes that year :drunk

I beat the game and I have to say I will not be completing it. This game will be left at 535/1000. This is kind of sad because I have went the extra mile for many games before playing this one.

If you do play this game, be prepared to die at least 50 times on most bosses, especially the last boss, and be prepared for every boss having 5+ phases. The only boss fight you will have fun on is the Kraken. Also, for the kill achievements, I don't even think I got 1,000 kills throughout the entire game, and I killed every enemy until they no longer spawned so I could check the area in peace. I didn't even get the 500 dismemberment with around 950 total kills. You will have to farm 4 hours out of your way just on an infinite junk spawn boss for that. And the same for grapples.

Kills are not cumulative across playthroughs, so the best way is to grind them during the Kraken boss, and that doesn't interest me at all. I read that it will take as many as 4 playthroughs to get all the achievements. It's totally not worth it.

There may be a day where I go back and complete this, but not for a long long time. The only thing FOR ME that could have redeemed this game is the kills and experience being cumulative. But sadly they aren't. As far as I have read.

Edited by Sizzy

• 1 month later...