DLC Code in Game?

Mintigo

Hey guys,

I know all new copies originally came with the Signal DLC for free. Does anyone know if this is still the case almost two years post release?

I'm interested in picking up this game this month and noticed the DLC was going on sale. Wondering if I need to buy it now or if it will be included in my new copy.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I know all new copies originally came with the Signal DLC for free. Does anyone know if this is still the case almost two years post release?

I'm interested in picking up this game this month and noticed the DLC was going on sale. Wondering if I need to buy it now or if it will be included in my new copy.

Thanks!

I bought Alan Wake brand new about 2 weeks back and it still has The Signal DLC code inside.

I've not used it yet, but there's nothing on the inner-slip that states there's a use-by code.

It's basically one extra episode in the game. It isn't necessary of course, but it will give you some more background as to what happens to Alan once he reached the Dark Place. It's small though and subtle. If you go for The Signal, I'd recommend going for The Writer to.

The DLCs try to have the levels play out differently than the rest of the game too. The Writer comes off as more platforming and The Signal changes up a few scenarios where you'll fight and flee differently.

• 5 months later...